11 Pages1234>>PrevNext
#26 Posted : Wednesday, February 5, 2014 6:43:20 AM(UTC)
Would any of the people that need help want to group up on Friday and I can give you guys a little lesson on basic tuning and for some fun drift action?

Mark: Try messing with your brake bias. I usually add 5% extra in the front so I can transfer quickly.

// Alpha Motorsports <--- Tuning Store | M N M Garage | Instagram: @romoto1 |
#27 Posted : Wednesday, February 5, 2014 10:15:34 AM(UTC)
I'm out of town this friday through the weekend. But that sounds awesome. So if you do that again I would be interested in that.
#28 Posted : Wednesday, February 5, 2014 2:02:19 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: l Digitized l Go to Quoted Post
Would any of the people that need help want to group up on Friday and I can give you guys a little lesson on basic tuning and for some fun drift action?

Depending on the time I'm up for it and I could help some people too.
#29 Posted : Wednesday, February 5, 2014 5:43:06 PM(UTC)
Student

Gamertag is Squ1d4774ck
Drift level - 1/2, just starting out and really eager to learn
Time - my times are inconsistent but I'm on the east coast/Florida usually available 7pm - 2 am
#30 Posted : Friday, February 7, 2014 3:55:59 PM(UTC)
Gamertag: Cowboy1894
Drift Rating: 6?
Prefered Teacher: N/A

I think i have the basics down, im just having issues with angle, or lack there of lol
I can be online between 5 and 10 pm.. i dont know the time zone, which ever ontario canada is in :P

Edited by user Friday, February 7, 2014 4:02:12 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#31 Posted : Friday, February 7, 2014 5:26:42 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Cowboy1894 Go to Quoted Post
Gamertag: Cowboy1894
Drift Rating: 6?
Prefered Teacher: N/A

I think i have the basics down, im just having issues with angle, or lack there of lol
I can be online between 5 and 10 pm.. i dont know the time zone, which ever ontario canada is in :P

Feel free to send me a friend request or whatever they call it now, I'm helping someone tomorrow so I will be on then. And if that doesn't suit you I'm on all weekend, and if that doesn't work ask Digitized or Jiqsaw because I'm sure they will be happy to help.
#32 Posted : Saturday, February 8, 2014 2:37:36 PM(UTC)
Congratulations to BertAwesome for being the first person to graduate!
#33 Posted : Sunday, February 9, 2014 8:13:41 PM(UTC)
Gamertag: violentsatsuma
Your drift rating (1-10): 7.5
(Optional) Desired Instructor: any.

Worth mentioning that I'm only really interested in learning to tandem, do drift runs or link courses together. I can often get golds in public lobbies, but since public lobbies seem to be dominated with people running positive camber and drag tires I'd like to try out something more technical.

I'm in GMT but only available 11pm till early morning, so its probably better I learn with someone from the states or a similar time zone.

Thanks.
#34 Posted : Monday, February 10, 2014 6:09:03 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: violentsatsuma Go to Quoted Post
Gamertag: violentsatsuma
Your drift rating (1-10): 7.5
(Optional) Desired Instructor: any.

Worth mentioning that I'm only really interested in learning to tandem, do drift runs or link courses together. I can often get golds in public lobbies, but since public lobbies seem to be dominated with people running positive camber and drag tires I'd like to try out something more technical.

I'm in GMT but only available 11pm till early morning, so its probably better I learn with someone from the states or a similar time zone.

Thanks.

I would recommend looking at joining a team as the Drift School is more about teaching techniques to beginners and most of the instructors aren't willing to teach tandems as we are learning how to do them well too. If you get a team though, you will always have people to drift with and progress much faster as you wont have to adjust your lines everytime you tandem with someone new.

Good Luck anyway.
#35 Posted : Monday, February 10, 2014 6:17:06 AM(UTC)
Okay I'll look into that,

thanks anyway.
#36 Posted : Monday, February 10, 2014 11:06:16 PM(UTC)
Gamertag: Shinji 2009
Your drift rating (1-10): 5 (started drifting back in forza 3 but would like to brush my skills)
(Optional) Desired Instructor: Any
#37 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2014 3:23:12 PM(UTC)
Gamertag: Tolsmir
Your drift rating (1-10): 3ish - I really started drifting in FM4 but haven't quite gotten the hang of it yet in FM5. Also, while in FM4 i was able to use my tuning app to get something close to a decent tune and go from there it doesn't work as well for FM5. Would definitely love to learn more about tuning the car for myself!
(Optional) Desired Instructor: none, just want to learn!
#38 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2014 4:28:22 PM(UTC)
i can help people make their own AWD drift build and teach them too

#39 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2014 9:21:03 PM(UTC)
I'd like to sign up as an instructor. I've been around the community for a number of years now, and would love to branch out and help others get on their feet with the game.

GT: Fa11enXV
Timezone : Eastern (GMT -5)
Availablity: Weekdays after 3PM, Thursday all day (normal day off of work), and every other weekend after 3pm.
What I'll teach: Basic building and tuning techniques, various drift techniques, and intro to tandem. Any students I may have will learn to drift on full simulation to get the full effect of how your car will react to tire wear/tire deformation.
Fa11enXV | Garage Aggressive | AWOL | #AINTCARE
 1 user liked this post.
#40 Posted : Friday, February 14, 2014 12:25:57 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: KillTheKid21 Go to Quoted Post
Is anybody gonna start teaching me because I'm getting better but I'm drifting in 6th gear which when I drift I'm losing a lot of power

Change your gear ratios.

Yeah, that'll help him out.
#41 Posted : Friday, February 14, 2014 12:47:50 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DAT B0Y KENNY Go to Quoted Post
i can help people make their own AWD drift build and teach them too

AWD isn't drifting.

Originally Posted by: END Impulse Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: KillTheKid21 Go to Quoted Post
Is anybody gonna start teaching me because I'm getting better but I'm drifting in 6th gear which when I drift I'm losing a lot of power

Change your gear ratios.

Yeah, that'll help him out.

On another note,

I'm speaking on behalf of DIS SWIRLY. He says he'd also like to help, but said before the school gets started, he'd like to get in a party with the instructors to see how they drift and what their teaching styles are, in short. If there are any questions, hit him up at his gamertag, DIS SWIRLY. His timezone is EST.

I would also like to help, if I can. My gt is the same as the forum. I'm in central time.

Edited by user Friday, February 14, 2014 12:49:50 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#42 Posted : Friday, February 14, 2014 5:29:38 AM(UTC)
END Impulse:
"I'm speaking on behalf of DIS SWIRLY. He says he'd also like to help, but said before the school gets started, he'd like to get in a party with the instructors to see how they drift and what their teaching styles are, in short. If there are any questions, hit him up at his gamertag, DIS SWIRLY. His timezone is EST.

I would also like to help, if I can. My gt is the same as the forum. I'm in central time."

Sounds good, I wont be on for a while but I'm sure the other guys will be up for that.

Edited by user Friday, February 14, 2014 5:32:02 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Dont know what happened to the quote, so tried to fix it

#43 Posted : Friday, February 14, 2014 8:49:18 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: o RJF Go to Quoted Post
END Impulse:
"I'm speaking on behalf of DIS SWIRLY. He says he'd also like to help, but said before the school gets started, he'd like to get in a party with the instructors to see how they drift and what their teaching styles are, in short. If there are any questions, hit him up at his gamertag, DIS SWIRLY. His timezone is EST.

I would also like to help, if I can. My gt is the same as the forum. I'm in central time."

Sounds good, I wont be on for a while but I'm sure the other guys will be up for that.

Okay.
#44 Posted : Saturday, February 15, 2014 2:02:55 PM(UTC)
My time is very limited when it comes to gaming at the moment. Mainly because of work and school. That's why I don't have myself listed as an instructor.

But I will try to get in a lobby with you guys.

// Alpha Motorsports <--- Tuning Store | M N M Garage | Instagram: @romoto1 |
#45 Posted : Saturday, February 15, 2014 6:37:22 PM(UTC)
My time is very limited when it comes to gaming at the moment. Mainly because of work and school. That's why I don't have myself listed as an instructor.

But I will try to get in a lobby with you guys.

I have basically the same problem right now. And I could hardly speak for the last week so haven't had the chance to teach anyway.

That's why we need more instructors, I have 3/4 people wanting instructions but don't have the time to do it. It also doesn't help that most of us are on at the same time so people with different schedules will be struggling to find help here.

Note: If a "student" notices that we aren't on when they are ask another instructor. And if you are looking for instruction, message us because I get most messages when I go offline and when the people are on they don't try get in contact. Also if we contact you and try to set something up try to reply please.

Now to go help some people when I get the chance or motivation.
#46 Posted : Sunday, February 16, 2014 6:11:57 AM(UTC)
Instructor
-5 GMT(central in US)
evenings after 5pm

Lesson plan will include building,detailed tuning,and multiple styles of drift. There will be an exam!
Those interested message me on xbox.

The better the quality of drifters, the better the lobbies will get.
Cheers! Joe
FM4 Dynasty Drift - member
FM5 Lock to Lock - member
Race or Drift tunes keyword:ZRS
#47 Posted : Tuesday, February 18, 2014 4:05:17 AM(UTC)
I CAN HELP YOU DRIFT!

I will teach you all the details of tuning and upgrading, if you need to know the fine specs (such as what happens to the car if i move this 1% this way) I can also help.

I will show you how to take corners for style and/or points. There's certain techniques to getting lots of points and I know exactly how to teach them. Shoot me a message/party invite on Xbox if you would like a lesson and some help. If you have friends that would like to learn also, get them online the same time and I'll do my best to help you all.

I will only show beginners how to AWD tune and drift and anyone who I see to be above that level I will help with RWD

Thanks - CH1N1AN
#48 Posted : Tuesday, February 18, 2014 7:41:37 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CH1N1AN Go to Quoted Post
I CAN HELP YOU DRIFT!

I will teach you all the details of tuning and upgrading, if you need to know the fine specs (such as what happens to the car if i move this 1% this way) I can also help.

I will show you how to take corners for style and/or points. There's certain techniques to getting lots of points and I know exactly how to teach them. Shoot me a message/party invite on Xbox if you would like a lesson and some help. If you have friends that would like to learn also, get them online the same time and I'll do my best to help you all.

I will only show beginners how to AWD tune and drift and anyone who I see to be above that level I will help with RWD

Thanks - CH1N1AN

Just to say, this is meant for teaching RWD. That is the point in the school as most people can powerslide. So teaching AWD is pointless but if you are willing to teaching RWD drifting to everyone who needs it and not just a selected few I'm sure we will be happy to have you onboard.
#49 Posted : Tuesday, February 18, 2014 1:21:58 PM(UTC)
I'm looking to become a student

GT: IX Stealth XI
Skill: 6-6.5
Timezone: Eastern
Availability: Anytime just let me know when

Side note:

I've been drifting since forza one and had to take a break during forza 4 (360 broke mid way through my time with it.) I'm looking for anyone to help me get back in the swing of things and help any other way they can or want to offer. I need help as well as getting back into tuning. I remember some of it but get a little lost and confused.
#50 Posted : Sunday, February 23, 2014 9:30:32 AM(UTC)
Gamertag: Fr0zen Kold
Your drift rating (1-10): 1

I have a car, 240sx as ive watched a couple videos on drifting, but could use some formal help.
11 Pages1234>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error