6 Pages<<23456PrevNext
#76 Posted : Friday, April 12, 2019 10:50:05 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Clutch63 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Galford24 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: talby71 Go to Quoted Post

What's the issue
Anything you do on fortune island doesnt affect the playlist
Doesnt matter if you do them or not

Yes, of course, Fortune Island has no effect on the playlist. But i had done all of them before, and now it is like the game does not remember. Let's just say, it is a personal thing, that i like the feeling of having completed things and that i enjoyed the game showing me that i have completed those events.

Let's just stop here. We don't have to discuss this any further. I am sorry that i have wasted other people's time.

I feel this. Halo 4(and I think also 5) wouldn’t count my offline campaign missions towards my Service Career. I completed the campaign, but the game didn’t show that I did. I believe it may be due to the limited amount of tracks, thus limited amount of championships etc. It is a slight annoyance, but the best thing to do is know that you completed them. You should have the stat showing so I believe.

On a side note, you’re not wasting anybodys time by posting in here with curiousity.

It's the seasonal events on fortune island..they should be resetting each week or round of 4 weeks if it worked correctly
Ive checked mine today..werent reset..but i still had 1 more to complete
I dont go back to fortune island very often
#77 Posted : Saturday, April 13, 2019 7:49:55 AM(UTC)
In relation to today's daily task (Get 3 airborne passes) has anyone else noticed it's super janky? Even if the skill actually popped up on my screen it didn't count it in the task tracker itself.
#78 Posted : Saturday, April 13, 2019 8:26:56 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MrEff1618 Go to Quoted Post
In relation to today's daily task (Get 3 airborne passes) has anyone else noticed it's super janky? Even if the skill actually popped up on my screen it didn't count it in the task tracker itself.

Yes. For me it didn't pop up on screen, yet I got the daily done.
#79 Posted : Saturday, April 13, 2019 6:08:06 PM(UTC)

I always get them without trying on Goliath when I go straight across the island. You tend to leap into the air, and overtake a bunch of cars. I pass everything on Goliath actually.. the miles, the trading paint everything, plus get paid at the end, and a bunch of skill points. I don't even have to look at the Forzathon daily goals.

Edited by user Saturday, April 13, 2019 6:11:17 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#80 Posted : Saturday, April 13, 2019 6:41:59 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: AquaPainter168 Go to Quoted Post

I always get them without trying on Goliath when I go straight across the island. You tend to leap into the air, and overtake a bunch of cars. I pass everything on Goliath actually.. the miles, the trading paint everything, plus get paid at the end, and a bunch of skill points. I don't even have to look at the Forzathon daily goals.

Do you mean the Titan? The Goliath is a road race, without many opportunities to get airborne.

Cross Country races are usually the best for these. I managed to get a couple on the Titan, but had to do another race for the third.
#81 Posted : Sunday, April 14, 2019 6:03:58 AM(UTC)

I had a problem completing this daily task the first time I encountered it but saw a good tip somewhere to do the mudkickers race with beginners and it was a breeze.
#82 Posted : Sunday, April 14, 2019 6:40:11 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Peregrine57 Go to Quoted Post

Do you mean the Titan? The Goliath is a road race, without many opportunities to get airborne.

Cross Country races are usually the best for these. I managed to get a couple on the Titan, but had to do another race for the third.

I can get 3 airborne on Goliath, if it was more than 3 I would do a dirt track. Like I said, on Goliath don't go round the island, go straight across it whilst the other cars go round it, and you will jump some of them. I'm using a FE Alfa Romeo so getting Skill bonus plus cash, and not even trying to pass the Forzathon. That's how I like to play, not worrying about the Daily Tasks just passing them all by accident.

Edited by user Sunday, April 14, 2019 6:41:50 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#83 Posted : Sunday, April 14, 2019 6:43:07 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BachDigsRock Go to Quoted Post

I had a problem completing this daily task the first time I encountered it but saw a good tip somewhere to do the mudkickers race with beginners and it was a breeze.

Yes that was my tip, but at that time it was 9 airborne passes, and I got 12.

Edited by user Sunday, April 14, 2019 6:44:23 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#84 Posted : Sunday, April 14, 2019 7:41:29 AM(UTC)

I can get 3 airborne on Goliath, if it was more than 3 I would do a dirt track. Like I said, on Goliath don't go round the island, go straight across it whilst the other cars go round it, and you will jump some of them. I'm using a FE Alfa Romeo so getting Skill bonus plus cash, and not even trying to pass the Forzathon. That's how I like to play, not worrying about the Daily Tasks just passing them all by accident.

Which island is that? Is it the traffic circle outside Edinburgh?
#85 Posted : Sunday, April 14, 2019 9:56:04 AM(UTC)
Community tracks this week - 90 degree turns with a (narrow and blind) checkpoint right on the turn is not good. You need to telegraph the corner and after the turn have a run off area then a wide check point.

First track I missed the first turning because i wasnt expecting it - please either have a longer straight before the first turn or somehow sign post an early turn better. Then a couple of corners with short run offs. Other than that it was good. Second track - a few too many of those narrow blind turns. Got used to it after the first lap. But i was constantly having to look at the mini map for where the next severe turn was.

Ive said it before but a few extra objects in the track editor would be very welcome - Either a wall to ride, or at least a big destructible sign with an arrow on to show that there is a corner.

Edited by user Sunday, April 14, 2019 9:57:29 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#86 Posted : Sunday, April 14, 2019 10:22:21 AM(UTC)

The first Island that you get to.
#87 Posted : Sunday, April 14, 2019 10:24:19 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: GCE Go to Quoted Post
Community tracks this week - 90 degree turns with a (narrow and blind) checkpoint right on the turn is not good. You need to telegraph the corner and after the turn have a run off area then a wide check point.

First track I missed the first turning because i wasnt expecting it - please either have a longer straight before the first turn or somehow sign post an early turn better. Then a couple of corners with short run offs. Other than that it was good. Second track - a few too many of those narrow blind turns. Got used to it after the first lap. But i was constantly having to look at the mini map for where the next severe turn was.

Ive said it before but a few extra objects in the track editor would be very welcome - Either a wall to ride, or at least a big destructible sign with an arrow on to show that there is a corner.

I think all of those things were done deliberately. It's just a hard track, you can't have all the tracks easy in Forza.

Edited by user Sunday, April 14, 2019 10:25:30 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#88 Posted : Sunday, April 14, 2019 6:36:04 PM(UTC)

I'm sorry, I'm just not picturing what you're getting at. There's no island on the Goliath that I can see. You pass by some small islands at around the point where the water crosses the road, but you don't go over them. There's a couple of bridges that cross the river that might look like an island from ground level. But I can't imagine going "through" that instead of around, like you describe, since it's a road race, and you need to hit the checkpoints. And there's the traffic circle, which I guess you could call an island. That, at least, I can imagine you going through instead of around, and getting airborne.
#89 Posted : Monday, April 15, 2019 2:20:30 AM(UTC)

I'm sorry, I'm just not picturing what you're getting at. There's no island on the Goliath that I can see. You pass by some small islands at around the point where the water crosses the road, but you don't go over them. There's a couple of bridges that cross the river that might look like an island from ground level. But I can't imagine going "through" that instead of around, like you describe, since it's a road race, and you need to hit the checkpoints. And there's the traffic circle, which I guess you could call an island. That, at least, I can imagine you going through instead of around, and getting airborne.

An island in England is what you seem to call a traffic circle.

Quote...

A roundabout (also called a traffic circle, road circle, rotary, rotunda or island) is a type of circular intersection or junction in which road traffic is permitted to flow in one direction around a central island, and priority is typically given to traffic already in the junction.

You go straight across that, through the trees, slightly turning to the right. You hit one checkpoint before the island, and the second checkpoint is the other side of the island. Your car bounces, and you can pass 3 cars at once with an Airborne pass... just follow 3 cars up to the island. Use a car that doesn't pass the Ai to easily at the beginning of the race. Use the Alfa Giulia FE for 7 X Bonuses. It works best though by not even trying to do it, just make a habit of doing Goliath every so often.

Edited by user Monday, April 15, 2019 2:34:05 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#90 Posted : Monday, April 15, 2019 3:11:34 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: yearofthegus Go to Quoted Post
So, is it possible to hit 80% completion without the online events?

I did All events including VS and Playground and I am only at 78%
#91 Posted : Monday, April 15, 2019 4:24:05 AM(UTC)

An island in England is what you seem to call a traffic circle.

Quote...

A roundabout (also called a traffic circle, road circle, rotary, rotunda or island) is a type of circular intersection or junction in which road traffic is permitted to flow in one direction around a central island, and priority is typically given to traffic already in the junction.

You go straight across that, through the trees, slightly turning to the right. You hit one checkpoint before the island, and the second checkpoint is the other side of the island. Your car bounces, and you can pass 3 cars at once with an Airborne pass... just follow 3 cars up to the island. Use a car that doesn't pass the Ai to easily at the beginning of the race. Use the Alfa Giulia FE for 7 X Bonuses. It works best though by not even trying to do it, just make a habit of doing Goliath every so often.

Ok, that's what I thought. I guess we were just tripping over regional terminology.
#92 Posted : Monday, April 15, 2019 7:27:47 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: GCE Go to Quoted Post

I think all of those things were done deliberately. It's just a hard track, you can't have all the tracks easy in Forza.

I liked all the events this week, that one track was a bit tough. I just ran through it once to see how much braking power I had and to get used to it, then restarted and aced it. Was a little tough with the markers after the turn but one run through was enough to figure it out, just about every 90 had a straight proceeding it with plenty of time to look at the map. The track just encourages you to charge way too hard to the checkpoint/turn with those straights.

Edited by user Monday, April 15, 2019 7:43:02 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Because I'm rarely happy with what I type the first time...

#93 Posted : Monday, April 15, 2019 7:40:25 AM(UTC)
On The airborne pass, if you're running something like titan and nail it passing one or more, you can just rewind it and do it again to get your three passes :)
 2 users liked this post.
#94 Posted : Monday, April 15, 2019 7:58:04 AM(UTC)
I have a custom blueprint that starts at the dirt race by the beach/castle: Bamburgh Pinewood Trail called "EZ Air Passes" I have had people tell me they got the 3 air passes in the first jump, others used rewind a couple of times to get it to complete. I used to use mudkickers to get it, but found that this location and path allowed for an easier time passing the AI in the air and there were more opportunities to get the skill to pop in a short distance/time. I also use this blueprint whenever there are any type of pass skill challenges needed (awesome/ultimate pass, triple pass, etc.). I use an S1 car and leave the AI difficulty on expert and let 1 or 2 pass me at the start then catch up to them and gauge it so I pass as many of them as possible on the first jump/hill. If you haven't gotten the air passes complete while on the beach dunes there is one last jump that crashes a bunch of the AI into the trees and the barn find so you have another attempt just before the end of the lap to air pass the AI (assuming you don't crash yourself into the trees like the AI ;p). Repeat/rewind as needed.
#95 Posted : Monday, April 15, 2019 3:56:44 PM(UTC)
i stop trying to do the champ. any of t he weekly ones. coming in dead last. ever since 3 updates ago. it been broken ai wins.
User is suspended until 2/11/2047 4:23:37 AM(UTC)
#96 Posted : Monday, April 15, 2019 4:28:38 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: dogwitch Go to Quoted Post
i stop trying to do the champ. any of t he weekly ones. coming in dead last. ever since 3 updates ago. it been broken ai wins.

The updates have not affected how ai respond in any of the championships.
#97 Posted : Monday, April 15, 2019 5:27:20 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: phut yoo Go to Quoted Post
On The airborne pass, if you're running something like titan and nail it passing one or more, you can just rewind it and do it again to get your three passes :)

They should take the rewind out of the game.
User is suspended until 2/11/2047 4:23:37 AM(UTC)
#98 Posted : Monday, April 15, 2019 5:30:57 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: phut yoo Go to Quoted Post

They should take the rewind out of the game.

Negative. If you don't like it, keep it off. No need to dictate what everyone else should or shouldn't have.
#99 Posted : Tuesday, April 16, 2019 1:05:38 PM(UTC)

I made a video, but it's too late now anyway...

Jumping the Island in Goliath

Edited by user Tuesday, April 16, 2019 1:08:02 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#100 Posted : Tuesday, April 16, 2019 4:36:53 PM(UTC)
[Mod Edit - thread merged - MM]

This Summer Community Championship series (S1 900 Rally Monsters) is kicking my butt. I can’t win it for the life of me. Kudos to the track creator for making the Mountain Attack the most difficult to date. I’ve tried multiple tunes on multiple cars.... I typically race against “unbeatable” opponents so the expert seasonal races are usually no prob. Either my skills disappeared or this is just whack. The southern track is no problem, but that Mountain attack...

Any tips?

Edited by user Tuesday, April 16, 2019 7:57:48 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Spelling

Amiable Zany

6 Pages<<23456PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error