This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
6 Pages1234>>PrevNext
Rank: Racing Permit
#26 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2019 10:38:40 AM(UTC)
So, is no-one going to address Fortune Island? All seasonal Championships and the seasonal Trial have been reset. Did that only happen to me, because i started on Fortune Island into the new Season?
The problem is, 4 weeks ago i had a horrible time trying to complete the "Hyper, Hyper"-Trial. I managed to complete it back then, but i am not going to do it again this time, if in 4 weeks the trial will be reset again. I will replay the normal seasonal champisonships, but i will only do the Trial again if it will shop up as completed (with Gold) and will never be reset again.

Edited by user Thursday, April 11, 2019 10:41:30 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: R-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
User is suspended until 2/11/2047 4:23:37 AM(UTC)
#27 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2019 10:46:25 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Galford24 Go to Quoted Post
So, is no-one going to address Fortune Island? All seasonal Championships and the seasonal Trial have been reset. Did that only happen to me, because i started on Fortune Island into the new Season?
The problem is, 4 weeks ago i had a horrible time trying to complete the "Hyper, Hyper"-Trial. I managed to complete it back then, but i am not going to do it again this time, if in 4 weeks the trial will be reset again. I will replay the normal seasonal champisonships, but i will only do the Trial again if it will shop up as completed (with Gold) and will never be reset again.


The championships are 'new' each season. Do it again if you want the reward. If you don't want the reward then don't mess with it.
Rank: Racing Permit
#28 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2019 10:52:51 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CRracer 912 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Galford24 Go to Quoted Post
So, is no-one going to address Fortune Island? All seasonal Championships and the seasonal Trial have been reset. Did that only happen to me, because i started on Fortune Island into the new Season?
The problem is, 4 weeks ago i had a horrible time trying to complete the "Hyper, Hyper"-Trial. I managed to complete it back then, but i am not going to do it again this time, if in 4 weeks the trial will be reset again. I will replay the normal seasonal champisonships, but i will only do the Trial again if it will shop up as completed (with Gold) and will never be reset again.


The championships are 'new' each season. Do it again if you want the reward. If you don't want the reward then don't mess with it.


You will find enough threads here on the forum, where people were complaining about seasonal Championships on Fortune Island being already completed. This had been the case for me for many Seasons. This is the first season/time for me where the seasonal Championships got reset. So, no, they were not showing up as "new" each and every season.

Edited by user Thursday, April 11, 2019 10:56:41 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: Racing Permit
#29 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2019 11:26:20 AM(UTC)
My progression for the "drive 20 miles" Challenge doesnt work too. Im on PC. Any suggestions. If i cant finish it i wont be able to get the AMG GT which really sucks.
Thx
Rank: B-Class Racing License
#30 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2019 11:28:51 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post
  • 500 FP Car: 1965 Shelby Cobra 427 S/C (existing Exclusive model)


  • The Cobra is not an "exclusive", it's sold in the Auction House.
    Rank: Racing Permit
     1 user liked this post.
    #31 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2019 11:36:50 AM(UTC)
    Originally Posted by: PapierGrunzen66 Go to Quoted Post
    My progression for the "drive 20 miles" Challenge doesnt work too. Im on PC. Any suggestions. If i cant finish it i wont be able to get the AMG GT which really sucks.
    Thx


    Lock your framerate to 30 and experience the power of (almost) cinematic gaming. It does help me every time the game refuses to count the miles i have driven. I know, it sounds like a joke, but unfortunately it isn't.

    Edited by user Thursday, April 11, 2019 11:40:56 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

    Rank: A-Class Racing License
    #32 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2019 11:37:47 AM(UTC)
    Originally Posted by: Abell 370 Go to Quoted Post
    Originally Posted by: Rayne SE Go to Quoted Post
    The AMG GT 4 comes with stock "race" suspension and of course it's not adjustable. Come on PG.
    I've made an A-class build with the V10 swap (stock engine isn't the best tbh) and once the car reaches ~1900kg rally suspension does the job - at least kind of.
    But this wouldn't be necessary if PG could get this right from the first place. Hyundai Veloster is the same story.


    The Nissan 300, too. I don't get how this is a thing.


    Originally Posted by: V12 SprungBoss Go to Quoted Post
    Originally Posted by: Abell 370 Go to Quoted Post
    Is that ANOTHER drive xx.x miles challenge? Every time they have one, it's a parade of bug complaints, but they keep donkey-braindishly forcing it. Well, cue the parade because I'm 0 for the last hour. The last time we had one, changing to a particular car was the only thing I could do to make the counter start working correctly. This one is restricted to the F40 C and neither of mine work for it ... faaaaaaaaaaabulous.


    I have drive motorway somethink like 20 times, progress 2,2km. Come on PG fix your game or stop making these drive xx.x amount challenges. Cant even get 50% of without online now because this challenge dont work.


    Switching to quality mode fixed it for me this time. Every time this happens, it seems like the fix that works is different, if there is a fix. This didn't work for me last time ... had to change cars. And I really don't understand why the slow progression. I got to like 1.6 km in about 40 minutes of driving before I tried switching video modes. I also don't understand why this only happens to some people. But it's always a problem for some people. That should be enough to make PG stop pushing these challenges on us until they figure out what's going on.


    There is something like 10 cars in total where dont have race springs as option.

    I play with one s so i dont have change to use quality mode so im not able to complete weekly forzathon because im not gonna spend hours driving back and forth hoping getting some progress (in first time i spent driving 20 minutes without getting any progress) And i agree that PG should stop pushing these challenges because they dont work, i dont have issue getting 3 million car (and i allready own one) but imagine some guy who dont have lots of credits spending 3 million in car and then not able to finnish weekly forzathon is really bad feeling.
    Rank: D-Class Racing License
    #33 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2019 11:50:08 AM(UTC)
    Originally Posted by: V12 SprungBoss Go to Quoted Post
    Originally Posted by: Abell 370 Go to Quoted Post
    Is that ANOTHER drive xx.x miles challenge? Every time they have one, it's a parade of bug complaints, but they keep donkey-braindishly forcing it. Well, cue the parade because I'm 0 for the last hour. The last time we had one, changing to a particular car was the only thing I could do to make the counter start working correctly. This one is restricted to the F40 C and neither of mine work for it ... faaaaaaaaaaabulous.

    I have drive motorway somethink like 20 times, progress 2,2km. Come on PG fix your game or stop making these drive xx.x amount challenges. Cant even get 50% of without online now because this challenge dont work.


    Switching to quality mode fixed it for me this time. Every time this happens, it seems like the fix that works is different, if there is a fix. This didn't work for me last time ... had to change cars. And I really don't understand why the slow progression. I got to like 1.6 km in about 40 minutes of driving before I tried switching video modes. I also don't understand why this only happens to some people. But it's always a problem for some people. That should be enough to make PG stop pushing these challenges on us until they figure out what's going on.


    Switching to quality mode works on xbox, i was playing on pc and again wouldn't count anything, switched it to lowest fps (36) and it started work so if on pc might try to lower the fps lowest possible.

    Looks horrible such a low frame rate but at least got it done.
    Rank: C-Class Racing License
     1 user liked this post.
    #34 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2019 12:09:21 PM(UTC)
    Originally Posted by: Bad Bad Mige Go to Quoted Post
    Thank God no Drift PR stunts this week. I can't drift to save my life!!


    I hear ya, man. Not really big on drifting, and not all that interested in learning it. I'm able to get by in FM7 Forzathon challenges, but haven't been able to get 3 stars on a single drift zone in FH3 or 4. I'd much rather go around a corner the normal way.

    Originally Posted by: Galford24 Go to Quoted Post
    Originally Posted by: CRracer 912 Go to Quoted Post
    Originally Posted by: Galford24 Go to Quoted Post
    So, is no-one going to address Fortune Island? All seasonal Championships and the seasonal Trial have been reset. Did that only happen to me, because i started on Fortune Island into the new Season?
    The problem is, 4 weeks ago i had a horrible time trying to complete the "Hyper, Hyper"-Trial. I managed to complete it back then, but i am not going to do it again this time, if in 4 weeks the trial will be reset again. I will replay the normal seasonal champisonships, but i will only do the Trial again if it will shop up as completed (with Gold) and will never be reset again.


    The championships are 'new' each season. Do it again if you want the reward. If you don't want the reward then don't mess with it.


    You will find enough threads here on the forum, where people were complaining about seasonal Championships on Fortune Island being already completed. This had been the case for me for many Seasons. This is the first season/time for me where the seasonal Championships got reset. So, no, they were not showing up as "new" each and every season.


    Yeah, sounds like they maybe fixed a bug, rather than reset anything. Or, the bug just wasn't triggered. Happens on the mainland sometimes too.
    Rank: Racing Permit
    #35 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2019 12:34:53 PM(UTC)
    Originally Posted by: Peregrine57 Go to Quoted Post

    Yeah, sounds like they maybe fixed a bug, rather than reset anything. Or, the bug just wasn't triggered. Happens on the mainland sometimes too.


    Okay, that means, just to be sure, it normally happends every time a season is "repeated" on Fortune Island, that seasonal Championships and the Trial are marked as new. The thing is, with the seasonal championships staying completed for me, it gave me a feeling that i had completed Fortune Island. But now, it feels like i "lost" progress.

    Edited by user Thursday, April 11, 2019 12:37:28 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

    Rank: Racing Permit
    #36 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2019 12:39:30 PM(UTC)
    drifting now is broken for me. i can be going around a corner. nothing in the zone for it. i notice this when i started to play the game last year. every update kept narrow the area to drift in.
    ok the champ am coming in dead last. which i was not before. cars by the time i off the line are already a mile ahead of me. and their rubber banding hard in front of me.
    i should note i have alpha firmware from big m themselves for testing.
    Rank: Racing Permit
     3 users liked this post.
    #37 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2019 12:48:15 PM(UTC)
    I can confirm the "30 fps mode", at least for PC users

    the only thing works on PC to complete this another stupid bugged "drive XX miles/kms" challenge is locking game to 30 fps at nvidia control panel in vsync tab



    Rank: Racing Permit
    #38 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2019 12:56:51 PM(UTC)
    Thanks to all for the 30 fps lock tip. I will give it a try tomorrow.
    This is really weird.

    Edit : I tried this today and it works.

    Edited by user Friday, April 12, 2019 9:46:03 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

    Rank: Driver's Permit
     1 user liked this post.
    #39 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2019 1:04:11 PM(UTC)
    Originally Posted by: TNTNRX Go to Quoted Post
    I can confirm the "30 fps mode", at least for PC users

    the only thing works on PC to complete this another stupid bugged "drive XX miles/kms" challenge is locking game to 30 fps at nvidia control panel in vsync tab





    Worked for XBOX One X. Switched the Quality and it started counting.
    KrakenTuned
    Rank: Driver's License
    #40 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2019 1:09:22 PM(UTC)
    Am I the only one having trouble with the community event? I swear I have spent 2 (insert expletive here) hours and more than 500 rewind only to come in 2nd. I have tried with 3 cars ranging from low 800s to 900 and still not even close. Any tips?
    Rank: C-Class Racing License
    #41 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2019 1:16:39 PM(UTC)
    Originally Posted by: Abell 370 Go to Quoted Post
    Is that ANOTHER drive xx.x miles challenge? Every time they have one, it's a parade of bug complaints, but they keep donkey-braindishly forcing it. Well, cue the parade because I'm 0 for the last hour. The last time we had one, changing to a particular car was the only thing I could do to make the counter start working correctly. This one is restricted to the F40 C and neither of mine work for it ... faaaaaaaaaaabulous.


    I found that this is completed by racing ( at least it was for the last time) as well as simply changing your damage / tire wear settings to simulation. Try those?
    Rank: C-Class Racing License
     1 user liked this post.
    #42 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2019 1:19:22 PM(UTC)
    Originally Posted by: Galford24 Go to Quoted Post
    Originally Posted by: Peregrine57 Go to Quoted Post

    Yeah, sounds like they maybe fixed a bug, rather than reset anything. Or, the bug just wasn't triggered. Happens on the mainland sometimes too.


    Okay, that means, just to be sure, it normally happends every time a season is "repeated" on Fortune Island, that seasonal Championships and the Trial are marked as new. The thing is, with the seasonal championships staying completed for me, it gave me a feeling that i had completed Fortune Island. But now, it feels like i "lost" progress.


    The championships are just timed events built from a common 'template' I guess, for lack of a better term. The template would have things like eligible cars, tracks, season, weather conditions, and such. Sometimes they reuse these templates for the new season. It doesn't mean you've done it, or haven't done it. it just means they're recycling content because it's sometimes faster and easier than making a new one. It was just more noticeable on Fortune Island, because they had fewer templates than they have for the mainland.

    The problem is, that there is a bug that can sometimes pop up in these reused templates, where if you did that championship previously, it shows that you've already got the top prize. This is a problem, because even if you do the championship again, and win, you won't be able to claim the prize, because the game thinks you've already done it. It's not supposed to do that, in fact, it prevents you from claiming your first place prize. You're supposed to be able to do the championships again if you want to, and get your wheelspin or whatever. So you haven't lost any progress. You just have an opportunity to get the prize again.

    If they fixed it, then even better. But if not, then you can reboot your console, which sometimes clears the bug, and lets you claim your prize.
    Rank: B-Class Racing License
     1 user liked this post.
    #43 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2019 1:21:21 PM(UTC)
    Originally Posted by: Mt **** b Go to Quoted Post
    Am I the only one having trouble with the community event? I swear I have spent 2 (insert expletive here) hours and more than 500 rewind only to come in 2nd. I have tried with 3 cars ranging from low 800s to 900 and still not even close. Any tips?


    Drivertar difficulty on "expert"?

    I recommend the Hoonigan RS200 tuned to S900 for this event. It's compact, light and very nimble. Very useful traits for the first track.
    Rank: B-Class Racing License
    #44 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2019 1:36:47 PM(UTC)
    Originally Posted by: Mt **** b Go to Quoted Post
    Am I the only one having trouble with the community event? I swear I have spent 2 (insert expletive here) hours and more than 500 rewind only to come in 2nd. I have tried with 3 cars ranging from low 800s to 900 and still not even close. Any tips?


    I used the 2016 Subaru #199 WRX STi VT15R Rally Car with this tune. The relatively high top speed helps with the straights in the second race. I'm not entirely sure how valuable this tip is, as I have reason to believe I'm good at offroading in this game in general, and didn't have any trouble winning Mountain Attack (the first race of the championship) on Expert with a perfectly bone stock 2017 #14 Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing GRC Fiesta.

    These two tracks are relatively more challenging when compared to non-community Dirt tracks designed by the devs.

    Edited by user Thursday, April 11, 2019 1:40:39 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

    Rank: Driver's Permit
    #45 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2019 1:43:51 PM(UTC)
    [Mod Edit - All posts must be in English. Please translate your text before posting. - MM]

    Edited by user Saturday, April 13, 2019 9:31:07 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

    Rank: A-Class Racing License
    #46 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2019 2:19:06 PM(UTC)
    Originally Posted by: Rayne SE Go to Quoted Post
    Originally Posted by: Mt **** b Go to Quoted Post
    Am I the only one having trouble with the community event? I swear I have spent 2 (insert expletive here) hours and more than 500 rewind only to come in 2nd. I have tried with 3 cars ranging from low 800s to 900 and still not even close. Any tips?


    Drivertar difficulty on "expert"?

    I recommend the Hoonigan RS200 tuned to S900 for this event. It's compact, light and very nimble. Very useful traits for the first track.


    I use hoonigan RS200 also, i mess up in start so it have bit extra work to reach first place but handling of that car make it mutch easier.

    In second race there are few shortcuts what make that easier (damn checkpoint placement for that race was terrible).
    Rank: C-Class Racing License
    #47 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2019 4:04:01 PM(UTC)
    Excellent! Another chance to get:
    * Hoonicorn V2
    * Twin Mills
    * Crown Victoria

    Just please fix the lights on the Crown Vic.

    Rank: C-Class Racing License
     1 user liked this post.
    #48 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2019 6:29:39 PM(UTC)
    The Trial was actually pretty good this week. I managed to get ahead of the AI. At least until I got shoved out of a checkpoint by a griefer in one race. Even then, I managed to score points. I actually feel like I contributed something to the win.
    Rank: A-Class Racing License
    #49 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2019 7:18:19 PM(UTC)
    A new bug! The Forzathon shop doesn't say OWNED anymore even though I have the cars. Just a small bug, but why are we getting new bugs each fix?
    Rank: R-Class Racing License
     1 user liked this post.
    User is suspended until 2/11/2047 4:23:37 AM(UTC)
    #50 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2019 7:55:18 PM(UTC)
    Originally Posted by: AquaPainter168 Go to Quoted Post
    A new bug! The Forzathon shop doesn't say OWNED anymore even though I have the cars. Just a small bug, but why are we getting new bugs each fix?


    Shows owned for me.
    6 Pages1234>>PrevNext

    Notification

    Icon
    Error