This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
5 Pages<<2345PrevNext
#76 Posted : Sunday, April 14, 2019 12:04:31 PM(UTC)
I'm not a big fan of drifting so I'll probably give it a pass, but I'm glad they're at least trying to add new online modes, especially ghosted ones where you don't have to worry about griefing so it's all about skill.
2007 Toyota Blade Master G
2007 Toyota Blade Master G

Post Checklist: Spelling/Grammar - Constructive - Respectful
 3 users liked this post.
#77 Posted : Monday, April 15, 2019 1:29:39 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post

If only there was a full rivals mode, drifting could be added to that.

Another thing I was wondering might be a good idea during drift events would be showing how your score on this lap compares to your best score, ie. + or - so you can figure out more easily where on the course you are gaining or losing points. Or perhaps whether you are so far behind on this lap that it is better to abandon it and just drive normally to the finish line to get another lap in.

Yeah imagine rivals mode where would be two leaderboards, one for hot lappers and another one for drifters, it's so sad that rivals mode could offer so mutch more but instead PG is release really bad rivals mode.

I personaly compare my laps picking few points on track and compare how mutch points i have in those points.
 3 users liked this post.
#78 Posted : Monday, April 15, 2019 2:37:52 AM(UTC)
Just tried this yesterday.

-7 Mins is long. Why not give us enough time for just one or two good laps? The Drift Club story required you maintained enough speed to make it to the end. I think this should too.

-There was a '65 Abarth just destroying an awd A800 session. I suspect it was sort of an exploit car like the Boneshaker, or worse. I don't want to have to drift an old clown car or or anything like it to win, which is why....
Having D-B, A-S1 and just S2 classes would be a much better class spread for Drift Adventure. Many of the popular drift cars like the Silvias and the Skylines benefit greatly from more power than A800 allows for AWD drift tunes.

Any way, I see a lot of potential in Drift Adventure. Not exaggerating, it's one of the more exciting things to come along in racing games for some time. I feel strongly about these changes though. We need a competitive system that puts a premium on tuning, skill and allows a wide variety of cars to be tuned (not just built) into formidable drifters. On a somewhat ironic side note; this the opposite of my opinion as far as Forza Horizon's racing goes, in which it seems anything can be made competitive with AWD and enough power. Flip that script and I'm golden.

Edited by user Monday, April 15, 2019 2:53:18 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#79 Posted : Monday, April 15, 2019 7:42:26 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: EnderOfSubris Go to Quoted Post
Just tried this yesterday.

-7 Mins is long. Why not give us enough time for just one or two good laps? The Drift Club story required you maintained enough speed to make it to the end. I think this should too.

-There was a '65 Abarth just destroying an awd A800 session. I suspect it was sort of an exploit car like the Boneshaker, or worse. I don't want to have to drift an old clown car or or anything like it to win, which is why....
Having D-B, A-S1 and just S2 classes would be a much better class spread for Drift Adventure. Many of the popular drift cars like the Silvias and the Skylines benefit greatly from more power than A800 allows for AWD drift tunes.

Any way, I see a lot of potential in Drift Adventure. Not exaggerating, it's one of the more exciting things to come along in racing games for some time. I feel strongly about these changes though. We need a competitive system that puts a premium on tuning, skill and allows a wide variety of cars to be tuned (not just built) into formidable drifters. On a somewhat ironic side note; this the opposite of my opinion as far as Forza Horizon's racing goes, in which it seems anything can be made competitive with AWD and enough power. Flip that script and I'm golden.

That car has been killing it in the rooms. They can be beaten but you have to be perfect, same as racing against that hot wheels car. I would prefer specific class rooms not mixed. I mean I still gain rank whether I finish 1st or not but its probably because i'm not as high as I am in team or FFA. I would love if they made sprint races part of the drift adventure. That way you'd have to hit some good drifts before you reach the finish line. Now THAT would be alot of fun. OR not just how much you can get in a single lap but accumulative over the 7 minutes
Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track

Check me out on Mixer! www.mixer.com/dareocharmer
#80 Posted : Tuesday, April 16, 2019 1:40:58 AM(UTC)
I'm getting used to drifting (RWD 94' Miata with rotary swap is a BEAST) but I'm getting the same tracks and seasons all over again. It gets repetitive and boring.

Abarth is short, light and has tons of power for high speed drifting. Pretty much unbeatable...
 1 user liked this post.
#81 Posted : Tuesday, April 16, 2019 1:44:50 AM(UTC)
Perhaps the game should choose the same car and tune for all players, randomly, then it would be a true test of player skill.
 1 user liked this post.
#82 Posted : Tuesday, April 16, 2019 10:47:05 AM(UTC)
I hate that all-wheel drive is an option and forced upon as well as people driving Datsun 510 with a V12 it's ridiculous I also wish reverse entry counted Four Points along with clipping points and tandem
#83 Posted : Tuesday, April 16, 2019 2:21:01 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MisfitBuilds Go to Quoted Post
I hate that all-wheel drive is an option and forced upon as well as people driving Datsun 510 with a V12 it's ridiculous I also wish reverse entry counted Four Points along with clipping points and tandem

Like this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cr2Y1PLFw4Y

Also reminds us of the need for Forza Horizon (perhaps in FH5 realistically) to finally bring in decent replays because the current replay system wouldn't allow shots like the above, and nor can we save online race replays in any case. The investment in this could only help the game's popularity as it would enable the creation of better videos which would generate further interest in the game and thus sales.
 3 users liked this post.
#84 Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2019 8:35:58 AM(UTC)
Even with the multiple disappointments and horrible design decisions thoroughly discussed at these forums, I still log back in occasionally to check out any new vehicles and to just cruise around listening to Spotify. It had been quite a while since I had last played so the whole drift adventure was new to me. Obviously I was intrigued since Horizon offers the best arcade vehicle handling and physics in the segment, making drifting extremely enjoyable. After one hour of "gameplay" I again quit to desktop and decided to wait for a few months in case the game would get any better and as usual I am definitely not holding my breath.

Just please tell me, WHY you just can't have the players decide how they want to play this game? Why do you have to force some stupid RNG based lottery for the races that never gives anyone 100% what they want? For me personally, I am a simple man. I prefer to drift in RWD vehicles on dry tarmac. During my one hour of testing, I had to quit at least 20 times because the game was trying to put me in a AWD S1 winter drift event, which coincidentally combines everything I think is wrong in the entire PVP section of the game. Other times, it would connect to a match that had the parameters I was looking for, but after waiting for 7 minutes for the ongoing event to end, it suddenly changed again to AWD bullcrap effectively making the 7 minute wait completely pointless.
And the tracks? God damn wind farm again? The most rectangular map in existence paired with same 5 different maps that the game always rotates between. It's like the team is intentionally making every feature as disappointing as possible, by making it painfully obvious how much potential these features have, and yet simply refusing to utilize it

Just tell me the reasoning why after countless detailed posts, feedback and discussion you still simply refuse to give the players something so basic that it can be found from games that are decades old, which is the possibility to choose how you want to race?

Edited by user Wednesday, April 17, 2019 8:37:44 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Inertia creeps
#85 Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2019 2:59:04 PM(UTC)
Is there some way they could include reverse layouts as well, to mix it up and give more variety? Because the same tracks do get old. I think this game mode has a short shelf life of interest unless they make some improvements.
 2 users liked this post.
#86 Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2019 9:44:30 PM(UTC)
Well I finished the 10 unranked races and qualified at Rank 14. I think I'll leave it there and move on to racing or games. The competition is a bit of a zig zag fest. It would be a more fun and visually appealing task if speed was rewarded a little more and angle a lot less. Having an s1 or s2 class vehicle and driving it back and forth at 40-50mph in order to win is no fun for me or my hands. I admire drifting and generally enjoy it in this game, but the way it is scored in these Drift Adventures has me agreeing with the critics, what a waste of grip and power.
#87 Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2019 2:20:34 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: igrvks Go to Quoted Post
Even with the multiple disappointments and horrible design decisions thoroughly discussed at these forums, I still log back in occasionally to check out any new vehicles and to just cruise around listening to Spotify. It had been quite a while since I had last played so the whole drift adventure was new to me. Obviously I was intrigued since Horizon offers the best arcade vehicle handling and physics in the segment, making drifting extremely enjoyable. After one hour of "gameplay" I again quit to desktop and decided to wait for a few months in case the game would get any better and as usual I am definitely not holding my breath.

Just please tell me, WHY you just can't have the players decide how they want to play this game? Why do you have to force some stupid RNG based lottery for the races that never gives anyone 100% what they want? For me personally, I am a simple man. I prefer to drift in RWD vehicles on dry tarmac. During my one hour of testing, I had to quit at least 20 times because the game was trying to put me in a AWD S1 winter drift event, which coincidentally combines everything I think is wrong in the entire PVP section of the game. Other times, it would connect to a match that had the parameters I was looking for, but after waiting for 7 minutes for the ongoing event to end, it suddenly changed again to AWD bullcrap effectively making the 7 minute wait completely pointless.
And the tracks? God damn wind farm again? The most rectangular map in existence paired with same 5 different maps that the game always rotates between. It's like the team is intentionally making every feature as disappointing as possible, by making it painfully obvious how much potential these features have, and yet simply refusing to utilize it

Just tell me the reasoning why after countless detailed posts, feedback and discussion you still simply refuse to give the players something so basic that it can be found from games that are decades old, which is the possibility to choose how you want to race?

Yea, that AWD **** is horrible. I'm just going play until I get level 3 so that I can do ranked, and then refuse to enter any of the AWD adventures when they show up.
 3 users liked this post.
#88 Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2019 2:29:21 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: EnderOfSubris Go to Quoted Post
Well I finished the 10 unranked races and qualified at Rank 14. I think I'll leave it there and move on to racing or games. The competition is a bit of a zig zag fest. It would be a more fun and visually appealing task if speed was rewarded a little more and angle a lot less. Having an s1 or s2 class vehicle and driving it back and forth at 40-50mph in order to win is no fun for me or my hands. I admire drifting and generally enjoy it in this game, but the way it is scored in these Drift Adventures has me agreeing with the critics, what a waste of grip and power.

They should just stop rewarding manji, or make the tracks into sections with drift zones where the corners are, i.e. not giving any points on the long straights. I know I'm not going to play this mode much in it's current form. Manji is boring and it looks like ****.
#89 Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2019 9:10:51 PM(UTC)
just give us the option to filter the game modes and i'll be happy.. I love drifting, but this class restriction stupid is unbearable and a total turn off from the new game mode.

EDIT: Can anyone explain to me why I can choose my #25 Ford Mustang RTR AWD Class S2-987 but not my #55 Ford Mustang RTR AWD Class S2-991??

Edited by user Thursday, April 18, 2019 9:12:40 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#90 Posted : Friday, April 19, 2019 4:14:43 PM(UTC)

I drift both RWD and AWD, but it takes a few hours to get used to the other if I change and only then are my scores comparable, having to switch back and fourth constantly only reduces the quality of the overall experience as everyone is either drifting poorly or they just quit when it changes.

Drifting is a balance of traction, speed & power and is completely determined by the skill of the driver.
The ability to score high is not based on the class of the car or RWD/AWD, it only has to do with driver skill - why cant there be an open class where you can drive what your good in every time?

Im sick of AWD never having enough people to start a session, I spend more time waiting to find events than i do drifting.
Anything goes sessions would be more fun and much less waiting and much less quitting.

Top 10 scores in the drift zones are mixed classes & mixed drive trains so why do we need to separate them in the adventure..its clear it does not really give an advantage.
All class separation does in this event is lower the skill of the drivers overall and encourage people to quit.

2 users liked this post.
#91 Posted : Friday, April 19, 2019 6:50:13 PM(UTC)
Based off what I've read in this thread I'm glad I haven't reinstalled this game. I had a feeling the 7 minute formula would get old quick especially since I'm not big on drifting to begin with. I've been looking for any reason to play H4 again but I guess that's not going to happen. I can't think of any other game in a franchise that completely turned me off to a franchise like H4 has. Maybe COD but I just slowly got tired of it the more absurd it got. Never expected this with the Horizon series and if future releases are going to keep the same multiplayer setup I guess this series is dead for me. Sad. Very sad.🙁
If you could go ahead and take out all the things I loved about Horizon, that would be great.
 1 user liked this post.
#92 Posted : Saturday, April 20, 2019 1:16:03 AM(UTC)
who on earth wanted AWD in drift adventure?
#93 Posted : Saturday, April 20, 2019 8:06:56 PM(UTC)
I enjoy the speed AWD it is capable of maintaining through a corner while sideways, unfortunately that speed is not rewarded nearly enough with points. It does take a little more effort to tune the understeer out of awd, but I'm not sure why everyone is knocking it for drifting. It'd be great if Forza trashed drivetrain swaps altogether; but I'll just pretend it's still 2wd in "Arcade Mode" until then ; )

Edited by user Saturday, April 20, 2019 8:07:51 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users liked this post.
#94 Posted : Tuesday, April 23, 2019 11:00:25 PM(UTC)
IMHO, 7 mins would not bother me IF it we're 7 mins we are rewarded with each laps points being banked and added into the overall score at end of races.
But because it is set to where you need to beat your previous laps score that eventually [Hypothetically speaking] even a seasoned drifter will hit their max ceiling in points.
And the others will get discouraged and leave. That's my two cents.
#95 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2019 6:22:49 AM(UTC)
Drift Adventure is awesome but does feel like it's too long, 5 minutes would be good.

The tracks are pretty boring. I understand it's new so 100 tracks won't be available but doing the same 5 tracks over and over gets dull. Doing the tracks in reverse would be a nice change along with new tracks. I'd like to see drift sprints and ranked team drifting sometime in the future too.

AWD and RWD should remain separate IMO. The drifting experience between the 2 are too different to include into the same category.
#96 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2019 6:33:47 AM(UTC)
Edit: duplicate post

Edited by user Wednesday, April 24, 2019 9:05:34 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#97 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2019 9:03:52 AM(UTC)
Remember that for them "PG and T10" they have to keep the drifting as "E" for everyone to keep up sales of the game.
2009 Mustang GT/CS #1,260 of 1,705
#231 of 315 Vapor Silver Coupes
Flowmasters BBK Headers Comp Cams
Airaid CAI PowerStop Brakes Dyno Tune 325rwhp
 2 users liked this post.
#98 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2019 2:25:40 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FreqOfNatur3 Go to Quoted Post
IMHO, 7 mins would not bother me IF it we're 7 mins we are rewarded with each laps points being banked and added into the overall score at end of races.
But because it is set to where you need to beat your previous laps score that eventually [Hypothetically speaking] even a seasoned drifter will hit their max ceiling in points.
And the others will get discouraged and leave. That's my two cents.

AND I dont think it should be limited to lapped races. Why not allow players to see how many points they can rack up during a sprint race? That way you really have to hit your spots before you reach the finish line. The 7 mins wont always have to used
Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track

Check me out on Mixer! www.mixer.com/dareocharmer
 2 users liked this post.
#99 Posted : Sunday, April 28, 2019 9:40:01 AM(UTC)
Right now its just mindlesss zig zagging and dont even have to have corners.
I think you need to make it like this where it only counts points on corners and on straight it wont count any points, right now i drift perfect corners and have good entries but i lose to some guy who spins out and just zig zagging on straight.
 4 users liked this post.
#100 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2019 4:48:00 AM(UTC)
Yeah I agree it would be better if they highlighted or flagged the curved sections of the track in which drift points could be scored based on speed and angle. This zig-zagging the straights is really stupid.
2009 Mustang GT/CS #1,260 of 1,705
#231 of 315 Vapor Silver Coupes
Flowmasters BBK Headers Comp Cams
Airaid CAI PowerStop Brakes Dyno Tune 325rwhp
5 Pages<<2345PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error