This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
5 Pages12345PrevNext
 1 user liked this post.
#51 Posted : Friday, April 12, 2019 3:51:17 PM(UTC)

Maybe just get rid of the classes and the RWD / AWD separation and let people use what they are good in, seriously I have A class cars and S2 cars and both are capable of the same scores in the zones so it doesn't make a difference or give any advantage.

The way it is having separate events there is a definite advantage for RWD drifters.
AWD can be tuned to 100% RWD which in effect is always having a RWD car to drive if that's how you drift regardless of the requirements.

AWD drifters will be out of their depth when RWD is the requirement.

Personally I don't care, I use AWD on every tune but have it at 98% rear so to have to make a few RWD tunes isn't a big issue, its virtually the same. But for those who like AWD with the front actually doing something this would hurt them.

Other than that, thumbs up - its about time we had drift competitions.

2 users liked this post.
#52 Posted : Friday, April 12, 2019 5:47:59 PM(UTC)
AWD A class is torture. There's not enough power to even enjoy it, I need to build something up from the bottom to be competitive in the low class
Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track

Check me out on Mixer! www.mixer.com/dareocharmer
 1 user liked this post.
#53 Posted : Friday, April 12, 2019 8:46:20 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DaReoCharmer Go to Quoted Post
AWD A class is torture. There's not enough power to even enjoy it, I need to build something up from the bottom to be competitive in the low class

I know exactly what you mean. I had to go build & tune a specific car just to ensure I had a vehicle that was proper & competitive. After doing a good bit of testing and getting a decent result, I started tuning a vehicle for each class/track condition (S1/S2 RWD Drift Build, S1/S2 AWD Drive Build, B/A RWD Drift Build, etc) just to be sure that I had a car built, tuned, & prepared for each type of race.
 1 user liked this post.
#54 Posted : Saturday, April 13, 2019 2:19:00 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Evil Brain Go to Quoted Post
AWD can be tuned to 100% RWD which in effect is always having a RWD car

This actually doesn't work, a car tuned to 100% rear drives nothing like the same car with RWD. I'm using the same car for both RWD and AWD and had to go to extreme lengths to get anything like the same rotation from the AWD version. The RWD needs narrowest front tyres, widest rear, opposite for the AWD. ARBs max and min the opposite way round for each one. Max rear aero for RWD, no rear aero for AWD. And the AWD still didn't rotate as easily as the RWD, it was only when I added excessive rear camber that I was finally able to get it loose enough at the back.
 1 user liked this post.
#55 Posted : Saturday, April 13, 2019 5:52:36 AM(UTC)

I struggled with this a lot at first but I've since found a car and tune which is a lot easier.

I'm enjoying this game mode a lot, kudos to the person / people who came up with the idea at PG.
#56 Posted : Saturday, April 13, 2019 8:26:10 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post

I struggled with this a lot at first but I've since found a car and tune which is a lot easier.

I'm enjoying this game mode a lot, kudos to the person / people who came up with the idea at PG.

Okay I did tough it out for the rank. Its not as high as i'd like but i'll work on it. I was still drifting in rally suspension. Now I need to figure the ins and outs of the drift setup to get it right.

League 13, rank 1857. The drift adventure IS boring and can be tedious but I think I can grow to love it because its ghosted and I CANNOT be wrecked. I have quite passion for that

#57 Posted : Saturday, April 13, 2019 9:10:14 AM(UTC)

Okay I did tough it out for the rank. Its not as high as i'd like but i'll work on it. I was still drifting in rally suspension. Now I need to figure the ins and outs of the drift setup to get it right.

League 13, rank 1857. The drift adventure IS boring and can be tedious but I think I can grow to love it because its ghosted and I CANNOT be wrecked. I have quite passion for that

Nice, your rank is just a bit ahead of mine. I think 13 is pretty good in this mode isn't it? Some of the lobbies I've been in have had players I recognise from the drift PR stunt leaderboards top 10, including a Japanese player who is number 2 in the world in some of them. Not much hope of beating these guys in this lifetime.

I'm still getting bored with 3-4 mins to go a lot of the time. I typically put my best score in, in the 1st or 2nd laps and after that it's too much work to try for more. Given that to perform at a good level is pretty intense. And you generally know if you have any hope of beating the player above, or if the player below is a threat because he's very close. If neither is the case, then what's the point in going on.

#58 Posted : Saturday, April 13, 2019 9:19:50 AM(UTC)
My 2 favorite courses are festival and prince street. I'm leaning heavily towards going back to rally suspension and just soften up the springs as much as I can. I'm used to that setup, I dont like the drift setup much.

#59 Posted : Saturday, April 13, 2019 9:35:13 AM(UTC)
The problem i'm having is i have a car tuned for every class but when it comes time to to choose a car the game selects a group of cars that often doesn't include any of my tuned cars.
why doesn't the game show every car in a certain class so i can choose the right one, am i the only one having this problem.
User is suspended until 2/11/2047 4:23:37 AM(UTC)
#60 Posted : Saturday, April 13, 2019 9:39:29 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: REDRUMxASYLUM Go to Quoted Post
The problem i'm having is i have a car tuned for every class but when it comes time to to choose a car the game selects a group of cars that often doesn't include any of my tuned cars.
why doesn't the game show every car in a certain class so i can choose the right one, am i the only one having this problem.

By chance is it a class and type event?
 1 user liked this post.
#61 Posted : Saturday, April 13, 2019 9:43:30 AM(UTC)
Dunno what ppl like about that. Its plain boring.
No challenge everyone just drifting around for 7 minutes.
Wow.... amazing new game idea - so much fun.. lol
tried - was falling asleep - won - awesome.

#62 Posted : Saturday, April 13, 2019 9:46:15 AM(UTC)
I dont understand why the rooms are grouped that way. It should be A, B, S1 and S2. Not A-B and S1-S2. That way people can have specific class drift cars.

#63 Posted : Saturday, April 13, 2019 10:24:01 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TheWestman77 Go to Quoted Post
Dunno what ppl like about that. Its plain boring.
No challenge everyone just drifting around for 7 minutes.
Wow.... amazing new game idea - so much fun.. lol
tried - was falling asleep - won - awesome.

I certainly understand it not being to everyone's liking but to say it's no challenge?!
#64 Posted : Saturday, April 13, 2019 10:28:35 AM(UTC)
I dont understand why the rooms are grouped that way. It should be A, B, S1 and S2. Not A-B and S1-S2. That way people can have specific class drift cars.

The classes are not very important, I think that's why. I mean you can set the same scores in a low class car as a high class car. The current system needs you to have 4 cars, I think that's better than having 8. I don't see what anyone would gain by splitting it up more than it is now.
#65 Posted : Saturday, April 13, 2019 10:58:07 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CRracer 912 Go to Quoted Post

I thought it was just class we had to worry about, if it is class and type then i would need a drift tune for every car in my garage.
#66 Posted : Saturday, April 13, 2019 11:04:54 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CRracer 912 Go to Quoted Post

I thought it was just class we had to worry about, if it is class and type then i would need a drift tune for every car in my garage.

It's just class and drivetrain type, ie. RWD or AWD.
#67 Posted : Saturday, April 13, 2019 11:25:40 AM(UTC)
The reason I say specific classes because someone might have a S1 and another a S2, if the S2 guy is good enough to control that much power, he'll have an advantage. Its fine though. I went back to my rally setup and now i'm finishing podium on the regular. I think I can reach league 10 by the end of the day. I just won 65 for finishing 2nd overall

1 user liked this post.
#68 Posted : Saturday, April 13, 2019 3:07:06 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: breeminator Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Evil Brain Go to Quoted Post
AWD can be tuned to 100% RWD which in effect is always having a RWD car

This actually doesn't work, a car tuned to 100% rear drives nothing like the same car with RWD. I'm using the same car for both RWD and AWD and had to go to extreme lengths to get anything like the same rotation from the AWD version. The RWD needs narrowest front tyres, widest rear, opposite for the AWD. ARBs max and min the opposite way round for each one. Max rear aero for RWD, no rear aero for AWD. And the AWD still didn't rotate as easily as the RWD, it was only when I added excessive rear camber that I was finally able to get it loose enough at the back.

True
It isn't exactly perfect but with some tweaking you can replicate a RWD feel in an AWD car with a bit of tuning, but you cannot replicate an AWD feel in a RWD car at all.

That aside I wish they would make the event in drift zones, or at least choose tracks that are curvy and shorter in the straight, most of these tracks are too long in the straights and not really very well thought out for a drift competition. It reminds me of aimlessly drifting up and down the airstrip in FH3, TBH that isn't really what drifting is about and will grow old quick for me.

#69 Posted : Saturday, April 13, 2019 9:50:57 PM(UTC)
"Drift" adventure is complete garbage. You can't filter your preferences. I had to build several cars bc all of mine were s1-s2 rwd. I thought that maybe they'd make it to where you could do private custom drift matches but that's still a negative.
How is it that you can make a run that is completely clean and smooth as butter and still get beat by everyone else by 100k points or more bc they just sling the car back and forth the whole time, constantly spinning out, and smacking every other wall? That is not drifting. They should bring back the scoring system from Forza Motorsport 3. Smack a wall, lose the points from that string.
As for the ones like me who hate awd, just adjust the diff settings all to the rear and it's basically rwd. I was so happy to see drifting come into horizion 4 only to be massively let down. I just it's back to the big drift zone on fortune island.
#70 Posted : Saturday, April 13, 2019 10:57:09 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: earl8807 Go to Quoted Post
As for the ones like me who hate awd, just adjust the diff settings all to the rear and it's basically rwd. I was so happy to see drifting come into horizion 4 only to be massively let down. I just it's back to the big drift zone on fortune island.

I set fortune Island as home and live in the big drift zone, have done since the expansion was released.

#71 Posted : Sunday, April 14, 2019 6:02:20 AM(UTC)
The reason I say specific classes because someone might have a S1 and another a S2, if the S2 guy is good enough to control that much power, he'll have an advantage. Its fine though. I went back to my rally setup and now i'm finishing podium on the regular. I think I can reach league 10 by the end of the day. I just won 65 for finishing 2nd overall

Unlike actual racing in drifting PI dont matter that mutch, some drift zones are good example abaout that when those a-class Jeep Willys and Abarths and Fords beats formula drift cars.

@FullNietzsche These kinda drift races are not actually nothing new in forza i remember in FM3 or FM4 allready have drift races. But one think i miss change to practice races at empty track and seing drift points in same time.
 1 user liked this post.
#72 Posted : Sunday, April 14, 2019 6:22:43 AM(UTC)
If they got rid of the drivetrain and class requirements it would be better in my opinion. In Forza Motorsport 4 i joined lobbies with no requirements and drifted around with a TOLL V8 supercar, i liked the challenge and no one had an issue with it.
#73 Posted : Sunday, April 14, 2019 7:39:21 AM(UTC)

Would really like someone knowledgeable to spell out for us uninitiated drifters what the best cars and tunes are so we don't have to figure it out by painful trial and error.

Yes, I second this!!
#74 Posted : Sunday, April 14, 2019 8:43:35 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: V12 SprungBoss Go to Quoted Post

Unlike actual racing in drifting PI dont matter that mutch, some drift zones are good example abaout that when those a-class Jeep Willys and Abarths and Fords beats formula drift cars.

@FullNietzsche These kinda drift races are not actually nothing new in forza i remember in FM3 or FM4 allready have drift races. But one think i miss change to practice races at empty track and seing drift points in same time.

If only there was a full rivals mode, drifting could be added to that.

Another thing I was wondering might be a good idea during drift events would be showing how your score on this lap compares to your best score, ie. + or - so you can figure out more easily where on the course you are gaining or losing points. Or perhaps whether you are so far behind on this lap that it is better to abandon it and just drive normally to the finish line to get another lap in.

Edited by user Sunday, April 14, 2019 8:52:45 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#75 Posted : Sunday, April 14, 2019 10:46:20 AM(UTC)
Aside from me loving that this mode is ghosted, I also appreciate how quickly a ranked room can be found. It's growing on me

5 Pages12345PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error