7 Pages<<567Prev
 1 user liked this post.
#151 Posted : Friday, April 12, 2019 8:04:00 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Rayne SE Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: DaReoCharmer Go to Quoted Post
For those who have an issue with ghosting the race entirely...where do you rank? Just curious. Clean lobbies in this game is a myth and nearly impossible. Until clean racing is rewarded this behavior will continue and eventually i'll leave. Uninstall like some have suggested. I live a stress-free life and the players in this game is the ONLY thing, the only thing that upsets me. I dont need it, I love the game when races are fair and clean but thats happened 0.00000001% of the time i've played

Full-ghosted races are a double-edged sword imho. On one hand they can become boring pretty quickly because everything that distinguishs a good hotlapper from a good racer vanishs. No defending, no overtakes, no situational awareness. All the things that I love about racing are gone in full-ghosted races.
On the other hand I currently see no other option for the state MP is in. Clean racing isn't possible, period.

In conclusion: Ideally we wouldn't need it but it would be the fastest way to make Online Adventure less frustrating. I don't think PG will ever come up with a dynamic & intelligent ghosting system.

My rank: 16 in Team Adventure I believe (didn't do more than the qualifier races ;D). Other modes not even touched.

Stuff like defending is moot, why, because of the way the game calculates positions, the person who is behind you can still end up being a second or two ahead of you in the final results.

FWIW I'm ranked 12 in team adventure and 10 (nearly 9) in FFA.

imo contact racing only works in LOW OR ZERO LAG situations like people in the same country or nearby, or on a local network. Driving at 200mph on narrow roads bumper to bumper with people in California vs people in the UK, Germany and Australia etc. doesn't work very well.

Edited by user Friday, April 12, 2019 8:06:15 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#152 Posted : Friday, April 12, 2019 9:20:59 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Rayne SE Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: DaReoCharmer Go to Quoted Post
For those who have an issue with ghosting the race entirely...where do you rank? Just curious. Clean lobbies in this game is a myth and nearly impossible. Until clean racing is rewarded this behavior will continue and eventually i'll leave. Uninstall like some have suggested. I live a stress-free life and the players in this game is the ONLY thing, the only thing that upsets me. I dont need it, I love the game when races are fair and clean but thats happened 0.00000001% of the time i've played

Full-ghosted races are a double-edged sword imho. On one hand they can become boring pretty quickly because everything that distinguishs a good hotlapper from a good racer vanishs. No defending, no overtakes, no situational awareness. All the things that I love about racing are gone in full-ghosted races.
On the other hand I currently see no other option for the state MP is in. Clean racing isn't possible, period.

In conclusion: Ideally we wouldn't need it but it would be the fastest way to make Online Adventure less frustrating. I don't think PG will ever come up with a dynamic & intelligent ghosting system.

My rank: 16 in Team Adventure I believe (didn't do more than the qualifier races ;D). Other modes not even touched.

Okay well the highest i've reached is 3350 but now i'm at 3250 I think. With me being where I am, if I dont win the lobby my rank gets murdered. Cause its rare I get matched with people near my "skill" level. I still do my thing in Cross Country cause of freeroam. It still keeps me competitively against dirty lobbies. Since the ghosting started, people try to line up next to you right before it gets disabled and will cut the steering wheel in your direction to knock you off your game. I can hit a hot winning streak of 5 or 6 lobbies wins but that may give me a total of 15 points but I can lose all that in one lobby. Its a mess. Winter and Summer are the rooms I do the best in, even though I get caught up looking at the scenery when its snowing lol
Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track.

FH4 and I have a volatile love/hate relationship 😑
#153 Posted : Friday, April 12, 2019 11:42:09 AM(UTC)
[Mod Edit - merged - MM]

I just want to say thank you to the Forza gods...for finally adding layer masks to the livery editor after all of these years.

Thank you.

Edited by user Friday, April 12, 2019 12:50:08 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#154 Posted : Friday, April 12, 2019 5:34:57 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SBusAsCensored Go to Quoted Post
[Mod Edit - merged - MM]

I just want to say thank you to the Forza gods...for finally adding layer masks to the livery editor after all of these years.

Thank you.

It really is one of the best features ever added for painters. Even better is that they added the "create mask from layer" feature so you don't have to redo anything. They should give the person a raise.
 1 user liked this post.
#155 Posted : Saturday, April 13, 2019 8:33:07 AM(UTC)
Can't they ghost the entire race? the problem is now moved from turn one to turn two plus when you overtake someone using skill you know you're gonna get rammed off the next turn or when the other team is loosing they start pussing you off track making you miss a gate, total joy PG
#156 Posted : Saturday, April 13, 2019 8:57:01 AM(UTC)
This update may be the best FH4 has had so far.

I think seasonal playlist has finally found it's balance point (80%, daily challenges are made so that you don't waste much time on them, I can skip the competitive playground games) and, while it's not perfect, ranked races are better thanks to the 30 seconds ghosting (although I did only one race that was needed to get my ranking and a check mark for playlist).

GG for PG this time.
7 Pages<<567Prev

Notification

Icon
Error