7 Pages<<34567PrevNext
#101 Posted : Tuesday, April 9, 2019 1:21:57 PM(UTC)
Once again, it appears that it is going to be up to us to find a way to use the limited options made available to us in FH4. Current example - Drift Adventure.

Timed events, seven minutes long, asphalt circuits suitable for drifting, full-time ghosting.

Sounds like a great opportunity for true street racing to me, forget the drifters during the session. The "win" goes to whoever is the furthest ahead when the timer runs out. Would not work in the Ranked, obviously, as your ranking would suffer, but in the unranked?

I suppose the drifters would not be happy with the "street racers" driving thru them every few laps.........
#102 Posted : Tuesday, April 9, 2019 2:10:26 PM(UTC)
Have they made changes to the tire and wheel representation in this update?
I felt that the tires and wheels were displayed darker than before, both at the festival site and outdoors.
This change is noticeable when wearing "Horizon" tires.
#103 Posted : Tuesday, April 9, 2019 3:19:15 PM(UTC)
What cars have had spacers added I've found a few but would really appreciate if someone could make a list
#104 Posted : Tuesday, April 9, 2019 5:58:11 PM(UTC)
Has anybody managed to take part in a ranked drift adventure? I've done the unranked adventures to become eligible for ranked, but have been waiting 50 minutes now without it finding a ranked drift adventure session.
#105 Posted : Tuesday, April 9, 2019 6:46:04 PM(UTC)
I got the update already but Barrett-Jackson Cars are nowhere to found. It's showing as "Purchased" under marketplace but not seeing in my garage... Anyone manage to get those yet or I need wait until season changes?
#106 Posted : Tuesday, April 9, 2019 7:00:20 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: kathees Go to Quoted Post
I got the update already but Barrett-Jackson Cars are nowhere to found. It's showing as "Purchased" under marketplace but not seeing in my garage... Anyone manage to get those yet or I need wait until season changes?

Go to the autoshow, sort by value, and the new cars will the very first tab, because they are free.
#107 Posted : Tuesday, April 9, 2019 7:08:37 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: mapphew Go to Quoted Post

Go to the autoshow, sort by value, and the new cars will the very first tab, because they are free.

Ohh yeah, I remember I had to add my Car pass cars also same way. Will do that. Thanks

1 user liked this post.
#108 Posted : Tuesday, April 9, 2019 7:17:18 PM(UTC)
That layer masking is a beautiful feature.
 2 users liked this post.
#109 Posted : Tuesday, April 9, 2019 7:44:16 PM(UTC)
Ehhhhhhh not sure how I feel about drift adventure. I'll stick it out to get a rank but I'll probably be far more likely to play a games lobby over drift. It IS pretty boring lol
Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track.

FH4 and I have a volatile love/hate relationship 😑
#110 Posted : Tuesday, April 9, 2019 7:47:08 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ChickenWorm4902 Go to Quoted Post
I think seven minutes is to much time for a single event, 3 laps is plenty imo, one warmup lap and two serious laps. Gonna do some test runs tonight and see how I feel about it.

I can see why they based it on time though. If it was made lap based they'd have to carefully adjust the 30 second race end timer. You might get people pulling out McLaren F1s that just race and end the match while everyone is on the second lap. On the flip side if they ditched the race end timer you'd get trolls lingering, just wasting time.
#111 Posted : Tuesday, April 9, 2019 8:42:07 PM(UTC)
Great updates all around! Really excited about drift adventure.

I couldn't figure out how to drop the top on the Barrett-Jackson 'Cuda. Is it possible?

Edited by user Tuesday, April 9, 2019 8:45:24 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#112 Posted : Tuesday, April 9, 2019 8:47:16 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DaReoCharmer Go to Quoted Post
Ehhhhhhh not sure how I feel about drift adventure. I'll stick it out to get a rank but I'll probably be far more likely to play a games lobby over drift. It IS pretty boring lol

What has been really noticeable is how consistent the placings are from drift "race" to "race" without the random effect of ramming. Have you been able to do a ranked drift adventure? I gave up after about 90 mins of waiting and did some unranked FFA instead. The 30 secs ghosting is a HUGE boon in that. Longer would be better, I got bumped outside a checkpoint about 30.5 seconds into one race, but even so, it's a massive improvement and allowed me to start last and finish 1st in one race.
 1 user liked this post.
#113 Posted : Tuesday, April 9, 2019 9:24:46 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: breeminator Go to Quoted Post

What has been really noticeable is how consistent the placings are from drift "race" to "race" without the random effect of ramming. Have you been able to do a ranked drift adventure? I gave up after about 90 mins of waiting and did some unranked FFA instead. The 30 secs ghosting is a HUGE boon in that. Longer would be better, I got bumped outside a checkpoint about 30.5 seconds into one race, but even so, it's a massive improvement and allowed me to start last and finish 1st in one race.

No ranked, it'll take me some time to get to it. I reached level 3 so I just need the 10 rooms but it's as much fun as the PG seasonals. I'll get a rank eventually but I'm not in a hurry. The 25-30 second window is a big help, 45 would be more ideal but at least people can't wreck you on the first sharp turn. Able to win races a lot easier now because I can get ahead of the pack.

Just wrecked at the end of a street race. Finish 3rd, -15 of my rank. SMH, just fully ghost the room.

Edited by user Tuesday, April 9, 2019 9:55:13 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#114 Posted : Tuesday, April 9, 2019 11:01:14 PM(UTC)
I was kind of looking forward to Drift Adventure but its honestly pretty damn boring. I knew it would be AWD and RWD events but I hadn't realized there would be class restrictions. So for my first event, I entered the 3rd round of an adventure and it was an S1-S2 RWD event so I was able to use my go-to Maloo that I have set up to my liking.

Next event was AWD A-B, I mistakingly thought that it would be on dirt but I really didn't have anything specifically set up for it. Ended up taking an A800 rally Evo, it was as boring as you'd expect an A-class AWD drift event on asphalt to be. Got 2nd in every event regardless but 1st place was miles away who was using an old GT-R with what looked like tons of power and zero traction.

2nd event was RWD A-B, didn't have anything set up well once again, but noticed I had a BMW Z3 Coupe that I sort of made into a drift car ages ago. Though for some reason the car had an insanely long 3rd gear making things harder then it needed to be. Came in 2nd or 3rd overall.

3rd event was AWD S2-S1. Picked my Audi Quattro S1 which is high S1, but set up for rally and not drifting. Placed in the middle of the pack for this adventure but unlocked ranked.

And I'm honestly not sure if I will ever do that again. I love drifting, but this was just a bit of a snooze fest. When they first announced Drift Adventure I hoped that it would just use current drift zones and sort of work like a real world drift event. But just throwing us out on tracks with 7 minutes to waste is just kind of boring. It's just a damn manji drift fest with all the straightaways between the few actual driftable corners. It's more about who can come up with the best cheese build and less so about actual drifting skill. Though I have a feeling needing to be ranked is going to be a part of the playlist sooner or later, I won't really be looking forward to that.

Edited by user Tuesday, April 9, 2019 11:03:38 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#115 Posted : Tuesday, April 9, 2019 11:28:15 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SoloTwo42 Go to Quoted Post
but 1st place was miles away who was using an old GT-R with what looked like tons of power and zero traction.

It's more about who can come up with the best cheese build and less so about actual drifting skill.

If you have done drift zones you should allready know that some top tunes are just that max power with stock tires so both AWD lobbys would be just that who can powerslide biggest scores.

I did two adventures myself last night and it feel kinda boring.
#116 Posted : Wednesday, April 10, 2019 12:46:32 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Perfect Dark 51 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: ChickenWorm4902 Go to Quoted Post
I think seven minutes is to much time for a single event, 3 laps is plenty imo, one warmup lap and two serious laps. Gonna do some test runs tonight and see how I feel about it.

I can see why they based it on time though. If it was made lap based they'd have to carefully adjust the 30 second race end timer. You might get people pulling out McLaren F1s that just race and end the match while everyone is on the second lap. On the flip side if they ditched the race end timer you'd get trolls lingering, just wasting time.

Yeah but 7 minutes though,... should be 3 or 4 at most imo. I don't see how it even necessarily needs to be done based on laps either. Why not just say whoever scores the most in 3 minutes wins.

It would also give people the incentive to keep playing and totting up points after they've gone past the finish line and even if there's not enough time to do another lap.

At the moment you've got an event that, by design, makes players stay in the event even though they can no longer do anything useful, because the people ahead of them may be too good to beat, but you can't leave yet. That is going to bore people.
 2 users liked this post.
#117 Posted : Wednesday, April 10, 2019 12:52:26 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: breeminator Go to Quoted Post

I tried a street race (A class) in unranked last night. I also started at or near the back and go to the front easily in the 30 seconds, but that's because unranked is such mediocre quality competition. I doubt that would happen in ranked as much. (I picked a Honda NSX, which I wouldn't have risked doing in ranked where I'd have picked a Bone Shaker). For those 30 seconds it was a relaxing experience. Needs to be full ghosted in ranked to get me playing regularly again I think. 30 seconds is a sticking plaster on a gaping wound. Better than nothing at all but full ghosting would solve it entirely.
#118 Posted : Wednesday, April 10, 2019 1:50:57 AM(UTC)
Well drift is quite boring, so I won't know what anyone was expecting. At least you have to turn right now and then, so it could be worse.
 1 user liked this post.
#119 Posted : Wednesday, April 10, 2019 2:58:27 AM(UTC)
There's a bug on the podium screen... I just came 2nd in a drift race and it showed the winner's car in the middle with me standing by it.
 1 user liked this post.
#120 Posted : Wednesday, April 10, 2019 3:32:14 AM(UTC)
Feedback on Drift Adventure. "I don't need 7 minutes"
I like this mode, but the 7 minute race timer felt very long. Especially this is worse in A / B class.
My suggestion would be to set the race timer to 5 minutes and instead shorten the course.

Also, since drifters like a Point to Point course. It would be good to add such PtoP drift adventures in the future.
Anyway, this mode is too long. I will be playing in this mode because I'm fed up with the terrible crashes of online races, but if PG wants to make this mode more popular, shortening the race timer is absolutely necessary.
 2 users liked this post.
#121 Posted : Wednesday, April 10, 2019 4:40:36 AM(UTC)
Ramming is still a problem people. Lost 41 of my rank in just 3 lobbies. Wow, this fix is just a bandaid on the bigger issue

#122 Posted : Wednesday, April 10, 2019 4:55:05 AM(UTC)
Playground: We're going to eliminate B, C, and D classes from Online Adventures to maximize lobby pool potential so we can expand Online Adventures by doubling the lobby count for Ranked Adventures.

Players: Not only do we hate what you've done to Online Adventure formatting and scoring, but gameplay is more obnoxious and intolerable than ever...that is, when we can actually get a lobby queue to meet the minimum player requirements. Please fix these issues!

Playground: We're going to roll out a brand new Online Adventure format with additional overall lobby pool-reducing lobbies!
Every train needs a caboose, right?
#123 Posted : Wednesday, April 10, 2019 5:34:18 AM(UTC)
The new update looks nice but exclusive rewards first time at 50% for each season not the year seems strange like I only need to do half for everything to get every new content (no cosmetic included). For me I won't play any online mode thanks but 50% seems really low to unlock a new car. Modifications in online racing with remove of free roam for street and road is a good thing.
I really like some car in BJ pack the better the older.
As a keyboard driver I can't handle RWD in drift or at all without starting in 4th gear so that's better for the ladder but not for everyone. It seems also like a new addition and a good one. I wonder where the everyone can get everything if they are painter, tuner, drifter(done), driver(done), screenshot.

I like this update but not everything is perfect.
User is suspended until 2/11/2047 4:23:37 AM(UTC)
#124 Posted : Wednesday, April 10, 2019 5:51:25 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: mapphew Go to Quoted Post

Ohh yeah, I remember I had to add my Car pass cars also same way. Will do that. Thanks

Quickest way to add dlc is to go to dlc in game, select pack you want, hit menu button to add entire pack to garage.
#125 Posted : Wednesday, April 10, 2019 6:26:28 AM(UTC)
Could someone kindly advise the best cars and crucially the best tunes to use for the drift adventure? Particularly for the B-A class, both RWD and AWD?
7 Pages<<34567PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error