7 Pages<<23456>>PrevNext
#76 Posted : Tuesday, April 9, 2019 4:13:59 AM(UTC)
Hmph, I expect the Lancia Stratos to be very, very strong in B700.
 1 user liked this post.
#77 Posted : Tuesday, April 9, 2019 4:20:20 AM(UTC)
Yes HOT RODS about time.
#78 Posted : Tuesday, April 9, 2019 4:58:46 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ChickenWorm4902 Go to Quoted Post
Also was really digging Torben's Godzilla shirt.

https://www.teepublic.co...irt/168919-hokusai-kaiju

User is suspended until 10/22/2293 12:42:28 PM(UTC)
#79 Posted : Tuesday, April 9, 2019 5:39:24 AM(UTC)
The update will be going live later this week but it will be before the season changeover
 1 user liked this post.
#80 Posted : Tuesday, April 9, 2019 5:41:19 AM(UTC)
Glad to see B-class replacing S2-class for dirt racing in online adventure, as well as freeroam rush removed for those 2 championships; I can see it being alright for dirt and cross country, but for asphalt- based, it's a huge disadvantage if your car is setup for grip and is RWD, which is what i like using rather doing the ole AWD swap (unless it's for cross country). As for drift adventure, i'm interested in that since i like to do a lot of drifting, though i do wish we had the same drift suspension as FM7, in FH4 it doesn't feel the same. I'm happy to see the Barrett-Jackson pack coming to FH4, been wanting to drive the Bronco in a off-road environment.
LCE VIP: FM3, FM4, FH, FM5

FM6 Designs | FH3 Designs | FM7 Designs
 1 user liked this post.
#81 Posted : Tuesday, April 9, 2019 6:46:17 AM(UTC)
so last night they mention that they will find a way to take Forzathon point off you as some please have loads,

does they mean they will find ways for us to spend them, or put the prices up, or they will just remove or limit the amount of points you can have unused
 1 user liked this post.
#82 Posted : Tuesday, April 9, 2019 6:48:44 AM(UTC)
Well, now that is an interesting question, staituk. I totally missed that.
#83 Posted : Tuesday, April 9, 2019 6:57:46 AM(UTC)
I assume (????) they won't literally reduce your existing balance to punish you for holding it rather than spending it. That would be like the government stealing your savings to stimulate the economy, to incentivise you to spend it, á la 'use it or lose it'. (They are actually already doing that insidiously by having negative real interest rates, but that's another story.)

Edited by user Tuesday, April 9, 2019 6:58:51 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#84 Posted : Tuesday, April 9, 2019 7:15:30 AM(UTC)
So later this week but before the season change.. the patch goes live tomorrow, and i guess it starts functioning fully next thursday, the day the season changes.
Playing on PC with i5 2500k cpu, 16 gb ram and rx 470 4gb gpu on an Lg freesync 24" IPS display with the Xbox One Recon Tech controller.
#85 Posted : Tuesday, April 9, 2019 11:12:24 AM(UTC)
Updates live now 2.3gb on XB1X
#86 Posted : Tuesday, April 9, 2019 11:14:51 AM(UTC)
I just got apromt for a 2.3gb update on the XB1X
#87 Posted : Tuesday, April 9, 2019 11:19:19 AM(UTC)
@killaney lemme know if the drift room is live! This would make my day #ghosted
Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track.

FH4 and I have a volatile love/hate relationship 😑
#88 Posted : Tuesday, April 9, 2019 11:22:07 AM(UTC)
Updating on PC now... 2.08 GB it says.
User is suspended until 2/11/2047 4:23:37 AM(UTC)
#89 Posted : Tuesday, April 9, 2019 11:30:16 AM(UTC)
Well this blow. Sat down to do my dailies on 3 accounts, got one done, went to do another, fh4 update. Dang it, gotta get back to work...
#90 Posted : Tuesday, April 9, 2019 12:10:14 PM(UTC)
My initial impressions... drift adventure goes on too long. Should be 2 laps only.
#91 Posted : Tuesday, April 9, 2019 12:20:39 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post
My initial impressions... drift adventure goes on too long. Should be 2 laps only.

So it is live?! Is it ranked and unranked? Thats gonna be my new thing, cant wait to get home. I felt like 3 laps was a bit much too but we'll see

#92 Posted : Tuesday, April 9, 2019 12:22:30 PM(UTC)

How's the initial set-up work? Is it open class with an awd and rwd as an option? Or is it different classes with random awd or rwd lobbies?
I buy, upgrade and tune cars to the max. That's what I live for in Forza. I'm always in the need for more cars. Check out my custom routes in Horizon 4! https://forums.forzamoto...routes.aspx#post_1133141
#93 Posted : Tuesday, April 9, 2019 12:28:45 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DaReoCharmer Go to Quoted Post

So it is live?! Is it ranked and unranked? Thats gonna be my new thing, cant wait to get home. I felt like 3 laps was a bit much too but we'll see

It's live. Ranked and unranked. Gotta get to level 3 of unranked to play ranked.

It isn't 3 laps either, it's 7 minutes on a timer. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.........

So far it's been B+A class RWD then S1+S2 class AWD.

Edited by user Tuesday, April 9, 2019 12:40:53 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#94 Posted : Tuesday, April 9, 2019 12:35:25 PM(UTC)
Basically after a few mins we've all done 2-3 laps and are bored, then are left driving round pointlessly and trying to avoid dozing off.
#95 Posted : Tuesday, April 9, 2019 12:38:38 PM(UTC)
Basically after a few mins we've all done 2-3 laps and are bored, then are left driving round pointlessly and trying to avoid dozing off.

7 mins would be feasible if its a big course. Which routes have you played on? I think they showed prince street course in the livestream

Is it S2 vs S2 or S1 vs S2? And the same for the A and B classes

Edited by user Tuesday, April 9, 2019 12:39:54 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#96 Posted : Tuesday, April 9, 2019 12:42:03 PM(UTC)

7 mins would be feasible if its a big course. Which routes have you played on? I think they showed prince street course in the livestream

Mixed classes, it says B-A or S1-S2 and you can choose anything you want in that range.

Sorry am not giving detailed answers but alt-tabbing and trying not to get kicked for idle.

Edited by user Tuesday, April 9, 2019 12:43:24 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

4 users liked this post.
#97 Posted : Tuesday, April 9, 2019 12:46:01 PM(UTC)
Actually I quit at the start of the 3rd adventure as I ran out of time to pick a suitable car and was put in something unsuitable.

I like drifting in Forza but first impressions of this are bad, it's too boring. Doubt I'll be playing it much.

With each adventure taking 25 minutes, most of which is wasted time, that's just no good for me. I have better things to do, like watching paint dry.

Edited by user Tuesday, April 9, 2019 12:47:40 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#98 Posted : Tuesday, April 9, 2019 12:51:01 PM(UTC)
I think seven minutes is to much time for a single event, 3 laps is plenty imo, one warmup lap and two serious laps. Gonna do some test runs tonight and see how I feel about it.
#99 Posted : Tuesday, April 9, 2019 12:59:01 PM(UTC)

Mixed classes, it says B-A or S1-S2 and you can choose anything you want in that range.

Sorry am not giving detailed answers but alt-tabbing and trying not to get kicked for idle.

Cant wait to find out which car will be at the top of the leaderboard...

2 users liked this post.
#100 Posted : Tuesday, April 9, 2019 1:05:52 PM(UTC)
Another thing from the two rooms I completed, it was very competitive indeed. I got completely owned, I think I finished like 2nd last and 4th last or something like that. The top people were getting like double my points or more per lap.

In the first room I had a good excuse, because I didn't have a drift car in the B-A class so I used a stock RWD car which had way too little power and way too much grip. But then I got S1-S2 and used my go-to drift car, the #43 drift Viper, and I still got owned. One other person used the same car and he finished near the top, so it was just me not being good enough.

Maybe this is an indication that the early adopter players are the most skilled, as I doubt the average casual player would be this competitive.

Anyway yeah the amount of time it goes on for just sucks ALL the fun out of it. You can have three road or street races in the time it takes to finish ONE drift event. That's ridiculous. People will have usually put in their best score by the end of the 2nd lap, so any more laps are redundant. I'm amazed this got through testing like this.
7 Pages<<23456>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error