This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
4 Pages1234PrevNext
#26 Posted : Thursday, April 4, 2019 4:17:27 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: xJonxMonx56 Go to Quoted Post
I'd like to ask the community about which option is better. I don't currently own the McLaren F1, and I have enough credits and Forzathon points to buy one. The question is, which should I use? I have around 6.5 million CR, and about 4500 FP, but I will also be buying the 250 GTO.

I know this is partially due to personal choice, but I feel like credits are easier to get than FP, but I have more things to buy with CR than FP.

Buy many 250 gto as you can with fp and sell them later for lots of cr over time. Even selling at 5mil it will add up...

The McLaren is not that expensive to buy with cr
#27 Posted : Thursday, April 4, 2019 10:25:51 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: JurassicJoeDawg Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Jadigafer7 Go to Quoted Post
You can easily earn 2M credits in 1 hour of grinding (through legitimate means), whereas there is no possible way you are earning 500FP in even 3 hours of play.

So I just ran some math out to determine a FP to CR conversion.

It is mathematically (although not physically likely and assuming you have the 2x FP bonus house) that you can earn 10,480FP in a week. 140FP for 7 dailies + 200FP for 1 weekly + 60FP for weekly/daily bonus + 24 Forzathon Live Events/day times 60FP/event times 7 days/week = 10,480FP in a week

As unlikely as the above is, lets say for comparison someone were to grind for 6 hours/day for CR at 2M CR/hr x 7days/week = 84,000,000 CR in a week

Therefore, 84,000,000CR = 10,480FP or 1FP is worth 8,015CR. So lets round that to 8,000CR = 1FP

Using the above conversion that means if you were using FP to purchase everything in the Forzathon shop it would be the equivalent of spending the following CR on each item:

250 GTO = 650FP x 8,000CR = 5,200,000CR = A great deal for a 10M CR car
Mclaren F1 = 500FP x 8,000CR = 4,000,000CR = A bad deal for a 2M CR car
RTR Grey Shirt and White Shirt = 150FP x 8,000CR = 1,200,000CR = Dang thats an expensive T-shirt!
Regular Wheelspin = 40FP x 8,000CR = 320,000CR = A gamble. Rewards need to be >320,000CR to result in a profit.
Super Wheelspin = 150FP x 8,000CR = 1,200,000CR = A gamble. Rewards need to be >1,200,000CR to result in a profit.

So you compared the number of. FP playing 24 hrs per day to the number of credits you can grind 6 hours per day. Makes no sense to me.

Pushing it you could assume 7 forzathon per day but then you'd get more like 1fp = £30k which changes the pricing somewhat.

6 users liked this post.
#28 Posted : Thursday, April 4, 2019 11:22:53 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: decto Go to Quoted Post

So you compared the number of. FP playing 24 hrs per day to the number of credits you can grind 6 hours per day. Makes no sense to me.

Pushing it you could assume 7 forzathon per day but then you'd get more like 1fp = £30k which changes the pricing somewhat.

In an effort to compare apples to apples, I based the 6hrs of credit grinding on the fact that a Forzathon event is 15min long x 24 events = 6hrs. I had to have equal time expenditures for each method of grinding for comparison purposes. Between Forzathon events there is no chance to earn FP therefore you can’t consider participation in 24 Forzathon events a 24 hour effort. My comparison is based on both methods expending 6 hours of effort each per day. And while the hope would be that you don’t spend the entire 15 minutes to complete a Forzathon Live event, I assumed any time savings for completing a Forzathon event faster than 15 minutes would then be put into accomplishing the dailies and weekly challenge. This is how I derived the 6 hour factor for the credit grinding per day was the equivalent effort to grind 24 Forzathon live events. To make it more reasonable, you could divide both these numbers in half to reach a feasible amount of grinding possible (3hrs of CR grinding per day or 12 Forzathon events per day), this would still yield a 8,000CR = 1FP result.

Hopefully that makes more sense to you.

Edited by user Thursday, April 4, 2019 11:28:42 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

5 users liked this post.
#29 Posted : Thursday, April 4, 2019 11:52:48 PM(UTC)
Spring Forzathon Playlist Suggested Cars, Tunes and Blueprint to help reduce the time of the grind:

Weekly Challenge: 1993 Mclaren F1 - “EZ Forzathon” (S1 900 so most people can control it on the Marathon). For the two Road Circuit races use blueprint at Moorhead Wind Farm Circuit: “10sec Road Circuit”
Trial Event: 2016 Aston Martin Vantage GT12 - “EZ Season Win” (S1 900)
Playground Event: 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X GSR - “EZ Season Win” (A 800)
Veloster Raptor: 2017 Ford Raptor - “EZ Season Win” (A 800)
Bamburgh Off-road Championship: 2017 Ford Raptor - “EZ Season Win” (A 800) same as above
Ludicrous Speed: 2014 Porsche 918 Spyder - “EZ Season Win” (S2 988, tried not to overpower to allow better control for casual users)

Reward Car Tunes:
2019 BMW Z4 Roadster: “S1 Perfect Tune”
2002 BMW M3-GTR: “S1 Perfect Tune”
#30 Posted : Friday, April 5, 2019 12:16:27 AM(UTC)
I didn't have the F1 so I had to buy it from Autoshow for 2 mil for the weekly event in order get the M3 GTR now.

Edited by user Friday, April 5, 2019 12:19:23 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#31 Posted : Friday, April 5, 2019 1:22:15 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post
The Trial was a cakewalk, used a Viper 08 and just finished the 3rd race over 30 seconds ahead of everyone else., my own team included. And that was despite missing one checkpoint because it was so boring I wasn't concentrating. lol.

Yep, the AI struggles with roundcourses and particularly with the 3 of the Trial. We won every race with ease and on Holyrood I even lapped 3 of the AI with my 911 GT3 RS. And that's not even the fastest car of the division. This week is the opposite of the nightmarish Wathog Trial a few weeks ago.
#32 Posted : Friday, April 5, 2019 1:36:15 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Abell 370 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: CW40 Go to Quoted Post
Just great. I wasted money on the stupid F1 for no reason. Would it kill these people to give a heads up as to what's going to be coming up in the shop??? I'm enraged right now. Something always comes up to make me hate this game just when I like it again. Unbelievable.

You can take the forzathon points that you would have spent on an F1 and use them to get a Ferrari 250 GTO. Then auction the GTO for, say, 2 million with a 5.5 million buyout. It will sell, and you'll probably end up with a net positive effect on your bank account. Yeah the GTO costs a little more FP, but chances are the extra FP spend on a GTO will bring you a 7 figure profit in credits.

That makes zero sense. Now that everyone can get that car with minimal forza points, NOBODY will buy it in the auction house for any amount of money. That would be completely stupid. Once a car is in the forza shop it's worthless as an auction item.
#33 Posted : Friday, April 5, 2019 1:54:23 AM(UTC)
For some reason both drivatars and casuals struggle like crazy on Holyrood. I think I beat all but one AI in my 813 PI, FWD Renault. It's fun bringing low PI rides to the trials and see how many AI I can beat. I uploaded the tune if anyone is interested, it should work well for beginners as well as experts.
 2 users liked this post.
#34 Posted : Friday, April 5, 2019 2:01:57 AM(UTC)
Just great. I wasted money on the stupid F1 for no reason. Would it kill these people to give a heads up as to what's going to be coming up in the shop??? I'm enraged right now. Something always comes up to make me hate this game just when I like it again. Unbelievable.

You can take the forzathon points that you would have spent on an F1 and use them to get a Ferrari 250 GTO. Then auction the GTO for, say, 2 million with a 5.5 million buyout. It will sell, and you'll probably end up with a net positive effect on your bank account. Yeah the GTO costs a little more FP, but chances are the extra FP spend on a GTO will bring you a 7 figure profit in credits.

That makes zero sense. Now that everyone can get that car with minimal forza points, NOBODY will buy it in the auction house for any amount of money. That would be completely stupid. Once a car is in the forza shop it's worthless as an auction item.

nope , mine got sold for 4 million credits, makes up for the 2 million I spent yesterday on the McLaren f1 , which I also sold for 2 million credits
needed to waste the forzathon points on something, buying wheelspins is pointless

now I only have 2 more autoshow cars to buy, 10 million each., will be 1 before the weekend is over, since back to having 11 million to waste and soon will have nothing to waste credits on just like all previous forzas
#35 Posted : Friday, April 5, 2019 2:46:06 AM(UTC)
[Mod Edit - thread merged - MM]

Ultimate Speed - I set up a circuit for the Forzathon

The race is at the Moorhead Wind Farm Circuit. It is a 3 lap circuit and takes in the Motorway. I had to use some normal roads to avoid oncoming Drivatars. The race takes under 15 Minutes and pays at least 125,000 credits and 35,000 Influence (Easy settings). One run should get you close to the Forzathon Requirement. The McLaren was good with my upgrades. The race is called the Moorhead Wind Farm Sprint under my Gamertag (RogsR34UK).

Edited by user Friday, April 5, 2019 5:45:14 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#36 Posted : Friday, April 5, 2019 4:03:02 AM(UTC)
You know how we used to say that you could go into the Trial with any low-to-mid PI car you want, and your AI counterpart would pick a lesser or equal PI car? But now, they have minimum PI requirements, so you can't just show up in a C class Pinto. Well, I thought I'd be clever, and tune a car to 801 to get the S1 requirements, but be only slightly higher than A class. It's worked before in single player championships. I'd show up in something bottom of S1, and the AI would be top of A class.

Well, that didn't work. The AI team's minimum PI was 840. Needless to say I got left in the dust. Missing 3 checkpoints didn't help either. On the 3rd race, I actually managed to stay ahead of my AI counterpart until pretty much the last lap when I missed a checkpoint. Despite my inept driving ability, we managed to win, thanks to three or four others who held on to the top spots.

And I somehow managed to not be the worst guy in the lobby. There was one jerk in a Jaguar who kept ramming his own team, and another guy using some particularly crass pejoratives to call him out for it. So I guess I was maybe tied for next to worst, depending on how you slice it.

That's multiplayer for you.
#37 Posted : Friday, April 5, 2019 4:15:32 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Peregrine57 Go to Quoted Post
You know how we used to say that you could go into the Trial with any low-to-mid PI car you want, and your AI counterpart would pick a lesser or equal PI car? But now, they have minimum PI requirements, so you can't just show up in a C class Pinto. Well, I thought I'd be clever, and tune a car to 801 to get the S1 requirements, but be only slightly higher than A class. It's worked before in single player championships. I'd show up in something bottom of S1, and the AI would be top of A class.

Well, that didn't work. The AI team's minimum PI was 840. Needless to say I got left in the dust. Missing 3 checkpoints didn't help either. On the 3rd race, I actually managed to stay ahead of my AI counterpart until pretty much the last lap when I missed a checkpoint. Despite my inept driving ability, we managed to win, thanks to three or four others who held on to the top spots.

And I somehow managed to not be the worst guy in the lobby. There was one jerk in a Jaguar who kept ramming his own team, and another guy using some particularly crass pejoratives to call him out for it. So I guess I was maybe tied for next to worst, depending on how you slice it.

I showed up in a PI 813 car and my drivatar counterpart showed up in a 817 car. So yea, it's not like before, now it seems to be partly random. On top of it, all my teammates had 900 cars, yet one of their drivatar counterparts was in a 860 car, but that drivatar was just as fast as the other drivatars.
#38 Posted : Friday, April 5, 2019 4:52:10 AM(UTC)

I sold about 6 Aston Martins and 2 Auto unions in the same week. Approx. 40 millions. Maybe noGold users has AH? I don't know.

#39 Posted : Friday, April 5, 2019 6:18:55 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: XXX 2zigenTuner Go to Quoted Post

I showed up in a PI 813 car and my drivatar counterpart showed up in a 817 car. So yea, it's not like before, now it seems to be partly random. On top of it, all my teammates had 900 cars, yet one of their drivatar counterparts was in a 860 car, but that drivatar was just as fast as the other drivatars.

Something I am not understanding here. You are talking about the Seasonal Trial, right? This is Co-Op only, so don't you sit in the lobby until a real human joins the race? Then it is two humans vs 10 drivatars? What is a drivatar counterpart?
#40 Posted : Friday, April 5, 2019 6:25:27 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: turtleCZ Go to Quoted Post

I sold about 6 Aston Martins and 2 Auto unions in the same week. Approx. 40 millions. Maybe noGold users has AH? I don't know.

I have a noob question. I've auctioned off plenty of my cars, but have never bought anything expensive from the AH. I'm worried I will spend a lot of CR and the original owner used up all the cars perk points before auctioning. This would be a huge disappointment. So, my question....... do car perk points reset once the car is in the auction or should the buyer beware that the car he is buying may not have any perk points left?

I make sure to not use any perks before selling a car. As a matter of fact, I typically put a decent tune on a car before selling it.....at least something that will compete at Expert level.
 1 user liked this post.
#41 Posted : Friday, April 5, 2019 6:36:40 AM(UTC)
They don't reset. Once the perks are used, that's it.
 1 user liked this post.
#42 Posted : Friday, April 5, 2019 6:42:12 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Galaxie5002012 Go to Quoted Post

Something I am not understanding here. You are talking about the Seasonal Trial, right? This is Co-Op only, so don't you sit in the lobby until a real human joins the race? Then it is two humans vs 10 drivatars? What is a drivatar counterpart?

The seasonal trial, yes, and yes, it is co-op. It is usually 6 vs. 6, the game makes sure of that. When you join a co-op you get one, or sometimes more, drivatar counterpart. That is a drivatar whose car matches your cars PI, or so it was until the developers screwed this system up.
 1 user liked this post.
#43 Posted : Friday, April 5, 2019 7:19:56 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: turtleCZ Go to Quoted Post

I have a noob question. I've auctioned off plenty of my cars, but have never bought anything expensive from the AH. I'm worried I will spend a lot of CR and the original owner used up all the cars perk points before auctioning. This would be a huge disappointment. So, my question....... do car perk points reset once the car is in the auction or should the buyer beware that the car he is buying may not have any perk points left?

I make sure to not use any perks before selling a car. As a matter of fact, I typically put a decent tune on a car before selling it.....at least something that will compete at Expert level.

That's the reason I sell only New cars... and don't buy at all :D It's problematic when car has cool perks. It's the main reason why I don't buy more.

Edited by user Friday, April 5, 2019 7:20:58 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#44 Posted : Friday, April 5, 2019 7:28:45 AM(UTC)

The seasonal trial, yes, and yes, it is co-op. It is usually 6 vs. 6, the game makes sure of that. When you join a co-op you get one, or sometimes more, drivatar counterpart. That is a drivatar whose car matches your cars PI, or so it was until the developers screwed this system up.

That's pretty much it. At least one of the AI drivers on the other team is your personal 'rival' so to speak, and their PI is (or was) more or less around the same as yours. The theory is that you mostly need to beat your rival to pull your own weight for the team, and any drivatars you beat in addition to that are bonus. In this case, I failed to beat my rival, but the team carried me.
#45 Posted : Friday, April 5, 2019 7:30:35 AM(UTC)
Got both of the trials done on the first try, I think I enjoyed the one on the island a little more even though I had wallriding teammates
Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track

Check me out on Mixer! www.mixer.com/dareocharmer
 1 user liked this post.
#46 Posted : Friday, April 5, 2019 7:37:11 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jadigafer7 Go to Quoted Post
Spring Forzathon Playlist Suggested Cars, Tunes and Blueprint to help reduce the time of the grind:

Weekly Challenge: 1993 Mclaren F1 - “EZ Forzathon” (S1 900 so most people can control it on the Marathon). For the two Road Circuit races use blueprint at Moorhead Wind Farm Circuit: “10sec Road Circuit”
Trial Event: 2016 Aston Martin Vantage GT12 - “EZ Season Win” (S1 900)
Playground Event: 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X GSR - “EZ Season Win” (A 800)
Veloster Raptor: 2017 Ford Raptor - “EZ Season Win” (A 800)
Bamburgh Off-road Championship: 2017 Ford Raptor - “EZ Season Win” (A 800) same as above
Ludicrous Speed: 2014 Porsche 918 Spyder - “EZ Season Win” (S2 988, tried not to overpower to allow better control for casual users)

Reward Car Tunes:
2019 BMW Z4 Roadster: “S1 Perfect Tune”
2002 BMW M3-GTR: “S1 Perfect Tune”

Thanks! Fastest Seasonal Playlist completion for me yet using your tunes and blueprint. Much appreciated.
Weekly: 14 minutes (2min to buy/apply tune, 1min to do the 2 road circuits, 2min to drive up and down the freeway for ultimate speed, 7min for the Marathon)
Trial: 18 minutes (one try, team won 3-0, I convoyed with 2 friends all in your AM Vantage and we all placed 1,2,3 each race)
Playground: 12 minutes (one try, convoyed with 2 friends again, won flag rush with 14 flags, and all 6 players survived survival, entire other team quit before the end of the 2nd round. Instant win.)
Veloster Raptor: 15 minutes (ran it co-op with 1 friend to allow for the instant fast travel between rounds, it was so easy that on the 4th race we were just messing around trying to ram each other out of the checkpoints because we already sealed the win when we were up 3-0)
Bamburgh Off-Road Championship: 12 minutes (ran it co-op with 2 friends, easy win again, and benefit of instant fast travel during co-op between events)
Ludicrous Speed: 12 minutes (ran it solo to get my top hat prize, Porsche 918 has such great handling, easily outran all drivatars)
PR stunts: 6 minutes. I used your X Rocket tune on the Agera RS for the Danger Sign and Speed Trap, then used that Drift tune you put on the #25 RTR Mustang from 2 seasons ago.

Total Time to complete this seasons playlist (besides the remaining daily challenges): 89 minutes... 1hr:29min to get to 95% complete and get both the BMWs.... pretty sweet deal!
#47 Posted : Friday, April 5, 2019 7:47:51 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FreddyRacer1985 Go to Quoted Post
I didn't have the F1 so I had to buy it from Autoshow for 2 mil for the weekly event in order get the M3 GTR now.

I did this then sold it for 2m with an S2 998 tune on it (and no perks used), saving the buyer about 90k. It sold quickly too. Can't say I liked driving it which is why I didn't have one in the first place (I've had them before and sold them too).

Anyway I got the BMW. Will I ever use it? Probably not. Oh well.

Edited by user Friday, April 5, 2019 7:49:28 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#48 Posted : Friday, April 5, 2019 7:52:47 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: FreddyRacer1985 Go to Quoted Post

I did this then sold it for 2m with an S2 998 tune on it (and no perks used), saving the buyer about 90k. It sold quickly too. Can't say I liked driving it which is why I didn't have one in the first place (I've had them before and sold them too).

Anyway I got the BMW. Will I ever use it? Probably not. Oh well.

That car is not good in S2 class because it's lack too mutch grip to be competive but in S1 class that is one of the best S1 cars, also that new M3 seems to be pretty fast in S1 class,
#49 Posted : Friday, April 5, 2019 8:58:26 AM(UTC)
I didnt like driving the F1 either. Havent really tried out the M3 yet but I did unlock it BUT I do love the Z4 dash. Finally they changed it up, its been generic for quite some time
Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track

Check me out on Mixer! www.mixer.com/dareocharmer
#50 Posted : Friday, April 5, 2019 10:15:21 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DaReoCharmer Go to Quoted Post
Got both of the trials done on the first try, I think I enjoyed the one on the island a little more even though I had wallriding teammates

What Modern rally car do you recommend for the Island trial?
4 Pages1234PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error