3 Pages123PrevNext
 1 user liked this post.
#26 Posted : Tuesday, April 2, 2019 7:06:41 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ZEROF0RCE Go to Quoted Post
I never thought they would actually address engine sounds, even though MANY players have been ticked off about it. Better late than never, I suppose.

Maybe they can fix lack of drivatar liveries in Free Race eventually? I guess I should post in the wish list since It may actually make a difference.

Yeah its about time they addressed the car engine audio, I'm hoping it's mostly across the board and not just Ferrari Aston, lambo, Porsche and Nissan ( although those manufacturers do have the worst of it when it comes to audio). Theres plenty of other cars in there that need to be addressed too like the Audi 90 quattros signature blow off valve chirp, multiple cars that lack turbo and supercharger sounds, the Ford gt GTLM, the BMW m8 GTE, and a few repetitive muscle car sounds within the classic v8s. If they addressed those too then I have no complaints at all. And there are a few freeplay bugs they need to fix, that's one of them for sure.
#27 Posted : Tuesday, April 2, 2019 7:31:52 AM(UTC)
FM7 Release Notes: April 2019
Nitro Glitter
https://support.forzamotorsport.net/hc/en-us/articles/360021058693-FM7-Release-Notes-April-2019

Quote:

The April 2019 update for Forza Motorsport 7 arrives on April 2 and is bringing new features and fixes to the game. See the official announcement for details on all the new features coming into the game. Below, see details on the April 2019 fixes and improvements to the game.

GENERAL
  • Fixed an issue where the Logitech G920 wheel would pull left when the center spring and damper settings were set to 0.
  • Fixed an issue with the Logitech G920 wheel where the wheel would rotate and lock to full left during the “3-2-1” race countdown sequence.
  • Fixed an issue where players would encounter “soft lock” after completing an Autocross Rivals event and then attempt to continue past the event result screen.
  • Fixed an issue where leaderboard times from Class-based Rivals events were pulling data from non-Rivals event leaderboards, thus projecting inaccurate ghost car laps for players.
  • Added a “Don’t Show Message Again” option for the car-specific wheel tuning tutorial flyout.
  • Removed duplicate cars from appearing in Replays when racing against no Drivatars in Free Play.

TRACKS
  • Fixed an issue on Rio reverse ribbons where invisible collision would cause player to crash when driving close or rubbing against the barrier.
  • Fixed an issue on Daytona where part of the track environment is missing when in tuning and upgrade menus.
  • Fixed an issue where dirty lap indicator would not show on the mini scoreboard in the Public Multiplayer Open Track Day Meetup hopper.
  • Fixed an issue where Brands Hatch pit exit would jostle the player’s car upon exiting and before player gained control of vehicle.

FORZA RACE REGULATIONS
  • With the Public Beta hopper (coming soon in Forza Motorsport 7) players’ accrued FRR penalties will now affect their final race placement in a race. (Note that these FRR penalties will not affect a player’s starting grid position in the subsequent race. This functionality will appear in a future FRR update).

AUDIO
We have made several audio improvements with the April 2019 update based on community feedback. Some highlights:
  • Reworked some V12 engine audio files
  • Individual engine audio updates for several other cars to fix bugs or use new source material, including for the Mazda 2-rotor engines, as well as various Porsche and Nissan engine updates.
 2 users liked this post.
#28 Posted : Tuesday, April 2, 2019 7:37:30 AM(UTC)
While I really like the updates and I am excited about the FRR, I really do not like the "Forza Edition Cars". From a pure racing standpoint, the cars are absolute **** . You guys spend all of this time making them look racey and cool and absolutely ZERO time equipping the cars to be able to race well. To make matters worse, you limit the upgrades we can make to these cars, so we might as well be using a rental car. In essence, you are creating "arcade" style cars that appeal to the bling side of the game as well as the Forza Horizon crowd and you are departing even more from the pure racing aspect of the game that I have loved for years. The more you do these things, the more time I want to spend on Gran Turismo with a Play Station.

What youre doing on one hand to make the racing experience more "real" is offset by these arcade style cars you keep releasing.
#29 Posted : Tuesday, April 2, 2019 8:58:01 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DylanDrog Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: One Refort Go to Quoted Post
Looks like the MG is still a hidden vehicle.

I'm sorry for you but you have to wait the release of the update as Snowowl stated on the first post.

I have the car already, so it doesn't bother me. Just making an observation.

Edit: For anyone wondering, after the update it is still a hidden car.

Edited by user Tuesday, April 2, 2019 9:17:17 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#30 Posted : Tuesday, April 2, 2019 9:04:35 AM(UTC)
Update hit 10am on the dot PST, 452.9mb on PC.

Edited by user Tuesday, April 2, 2019 9:06:25 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#31 Posted : Tuesday, April 2, 2019 9:08:45 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PickLokc Go to Quoted Post
Update hit 10am on the dot PST, 452.9mb on PC.

402.8 mb on Xbox.
#32 Posted : Tuesday, April 2, 2019 9:10:19 AM(UTC)
695 MB on Xbox One X

#33 Posted : Tuesday, April 2, 2019 9:34:32 AM(UTC)
How do we test these race regulations? I just updated the game, tried an R class hopper and it wasn't there, I cut the track, nothing happened.

Is it just in leagues or what?
#34 Posted : Tuesday, April 2, 2019 10:43:08 AM(UTC)
I think it's still a closed beta hopper. I was hoping they would make the beta hopper public. There was no mention of it, So I was worried this would be the case.
#35 Posted : Tuesday, April 2, 2019 11:03:28 AM(UTC)
"For players looking to try out Forza Race Regulations for themselves, a public beta hopper is on its way in April. Stay tuned to Forza social channels, as well as the Week in Review here on FM.net, for more details on the public beta hopper in the weeks ahead. Once the new public beta hopper is available, we will be creating a dedicated thread on the Forza Forums for players who want to provide specific feedback for the Turn 10 team. Look for that link once the public beta hopper is live."
#36 Posted : Tuesday, April 2, 2019 11:08:14 AM(UTC)
I dont see the MC Laren Senna is the patch not live atm?
#37 Posted : Tuesday, April 2, 2019 11:08:49 AM(UTC)
@ManteoMax Ah okay. I didn't see that because you hid it in the OP ;)

Edited by user Tuesday, April 2, 2019 11:09:27 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#38 Posted : Tuesday, April 2, 2019 11:28:33 AM(UTC)
Oh good, the exclusive FE cars are no longer. Nice.
 4 users liked this post.
#39 Posted : Tuesday, April 2, 2019 11:34:59 AM(UTC)
Wow, what an amazing update. One company is unlocking cars (Turn 10), while the other is trying hard to gatelock theirs (Playground Games). Thanks Turn 10!
#40 Posted : Tuesday, April 2, 2019 12:54:16 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SD455 Trans Am Go to Quoted Post
Oh good, the exclusive FE cars are no longer. Nice.

Some are still locked. I thought they would be.

#41 Posted : Tuesday, April 2, 2019 1:06:46 PM(UTC)
Nice update. Cars unlocked, McLaren Senna awesome.
Don't get me wrong, but I think some engine sounds that were good, are kinda ruined with this update, like the LaFerrari, wasn't perfect but it was much better than now. And the Senna engine sound is WAY poor than we can see in Forza Horizon 4. Maybe it's just my opinion. And the Lamborghini Aventador sound is worse now, the Aventador engine sound on Forza Horizon 4 isn't perfect but it sounds more like the real one than in Forza 7.
What are you guys opinion about the "new" engine sounds within this update?
#42 Posted : Tuesday, April 2, 2019 2:20:09 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Sendo Tenshi Go to Quoted Post
Wow, what an amazing update. One company is unlocking cars (Turn 10), while the other is trying hard to gatelock theirs (Playground Games). Thanks Turn 10!

Wow
How long was it before they started unlocking previously locked cars
Maybe if you wait that 12 months it will happen in fh4 as well
Nothing different than usual
Been time locked cars since fm2
#43 Posted : Tuesday, April 2, 2019 2:21:38 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: jbaccord30 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post
The April content update for FM7 will be released on April 2nd (ETA 10am Pacific but subject to change)

Highlights:
  • Spotlight Car: 2018 McLaren Senna
  • Forza Race Regulations – April
  • Audio/engine sound improvements
  • Exclusive cars unlocked
  • Menu: jump to manufacturer
  • Track issues/improvements
  • Forza Monthly livestream April 15

Full Release Notes TBA.

https://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fm7_april2019_update

Forza Motorsport 7 April 2019 Update
Brian Ekberg
Monday, April 1, 2019

Quote:

UNLOCKING EXCLUSIVE CARS
As of Tuesday’s update, we’re unlocking the majority of previously locked “exclusive” cars in Forza Motorsport 7, allowing players to purchase these cars as they would any other car in the game. Here’s the list of cars being unlocked:

Unlocked Cars
1995 BMW 850CSi Forza Edition
1991 BMW M3 Forza Edition
2016 Cadillac ATS-V Forza Edition
2012 Cadillac Escalade ESV Forza Edition
1957 Chevrolet Bel Air Forza Edition
1970 Chevrolet Chevelle Super Sport 454 Forza Edition
1964 Chevrolet Impala Super Sport 409 Forza Edition
1988 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Super Sport Forza Edition
2014 Chevrolet Super Sport Forza Edition
1969 Dodge Charger Daytona HEMI Forza Edition
2013 Dodge Dart GT Forza Edition
2012 Ferrari 599XX Evoluzione
1956 Ford F-100 Forza Edition
2017 Ford F-150 Raptor Forza Edition
2017 Ford F-150 Raptor Project Scorpio Edition
1981 Ford Fiesta XR2 Forza Edition
1995 Ford Mustang Boss 302 Forza Edition
1993 Ford SVT Cobra R Forza Edition
2014 Ford FPV Limited Edition Pursuit Ute Forza Edition
1946 Ford Super Deluxe Woody Wagon Forza Edition
1977 Holden Torana A9X Forza Edition
1997 Honda Civic Type R Forza Edition
2016 Honda Civic Type R Forza Edition
1993 Jaguar XJ220 Forza Edition
1999 Lamborghini Diablo GTR
2016 Mazda MX-5 Forza Edition
2013 Mercedes-Benz A 45 AMG Forza Edition
2016 Mercedes-Benz C 63 AMG S Coupe Forza Edition
2012 Mercedes-Benz C 63 AMG Coupé Black Series Forza Edition
1965 MINI Cooper S Forza Edition
2012 MINI John Cooper Works GP Forza Edition
1987 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am GTA Forza Edition
1980 SUBARU BRAT GL Forza Edition
1998 SUBARU Impreza 22B STi Forza Edition
1998 TVR Cerbera Speed 12

The only cars that will remain locked in Forza Motorsport 7 will be the pre-order cars, and any cars that are part of the Forza Driver’s Cup career reward structure.

So would this include V.I.P. exclusives as well or do those remain a Car/Perk Pack still, this long after release? Just seeking clarification.

Nope dlc pack cars will stay locked to their packs
Could you imagine the uproar that would cause if t
 2 users liked this post.
#44 Posted : Tuesday, April 2, 2019 3:53:42 PM(UTC)
And again, no updates that matter to me. So the dust accumulates ever deeper.

Better sound, or not, depending on who's posting. Cars unlocked that don't matter except for collectors who just want to tick a box for a nothing achievement. Another car that's about as useful in an already car heavy class that may or may not be killed off so heavily to homologate that it, like the 720S, becomes a defacto underdog in homologation races. And of course, FRR for a select few, with limited availability "later this month". Based on past history I give that a 50% chance to be generous, with equal odds on more than 4 months to wait.

AND, just for kicks, FRR only affects times, which is great if and when it actually becomes available to the masses. That will help with the guys who try to race and want to place but can't be bothered to apply skill and race cleanly. But probably still very limited application, and very unlikely in freeplay or career. Ok. (small voice) yay...

But nothing at all about dealing with the rammers that have killed this game online for me and so many others. As so many have said, the rammers don't care about times or penalties, and without dealing with them in some effective way, I and so many others (or so it seems?) won't waste time with online play, which for me is 95% of the reason I bought this (as it turns out) blasted dead end game (and hardware). But the MBA bean counters at T10 are too worried about losing that potential sale to the rammer trash, who obviously outnumber those who won't waste time dealing with rammers, so I guess they have their priorities right, and that die is cast. Just a simple option to ghost back markers as has been said many times, so at least you only have to deal with them once (intentional rammers or just complete hacks), but nothing. Crickets... At least others seem prepared to pick up that abandoned market...

I've had my entire X1 setup offered to a number of friends and friends of friends (including my SIL that got me started) for about 50% of my investment, and no interest at all. And these are car guys that have some interest in related games. Seems that anyone wanting to make any investment in a racing game has already had time to read about the heavy FM Horizonification and online debacle. Wish I had known sooner. On the up side, I now know a few local guys my age with similar interest, with apparently all playing GTS. Maybe I can find some rammer trash to buy it, but of course they would only want to play with controller on their momma's couch, so still stuck with the rest...
 2 users liked this post.
#45 Posted : Tuesday, April 2, 2019 5:24:02 PM(UTC)
Why has the option to view telemetry been removed from rivals replays?

I used it a lot!

Edited by user Tuesday, April 2, 2019 5:24:42 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
User is suspended until 2/11/2047 4:23:37 AM(UTC)
#46 Posted : Tuesday, April 2, 2019 6:12:34 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Sendo Tenshi Go to Quoted Post

Fh4 is relatively new compared to fm7, usually it's an incentive to play the game to unlock cars.
#47 Posted : Tuesday, April 2, 2019 6:19:21 PM(UTC)
thanks t10 for bringing the senna over from fh4 that's awesome!!
#48 Posted : Tuesday, April 2, 2019 8:09:15 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BadDog1966 Go to Quoted Post

AND, just for kicks, FRR only affects times, which is great if and when it actually becomes available to the masses. That will help with the guys who try to race and want to place but can't be bothered to apply skill and race cleanly. But probably still very limited application, and very unlikely in freeplay or career. Ok. (small voice) yay...

But nothing at all about dealing with the rammers that have killed this game online for me and so many others. As so many have said, the rammers don't care about times or penalties, and without dealing with them in some effective way, .

FRR is still in a development phase, and yes it is taking forever but at least its something.
Turn10 have said Rammers and greifers are going to be dealt with later versions of FRR, but right now in early development just track limits and time penalties.

Its a positive for the next motorsport particularly because it can be easily implemented and effective when used together with ranking system like leagues.

i.e players that receive alot of penalities, will place lower, meaning lower rewards and points, meaning they will remain in lower leagues with similar players. The opposite for skilled, fast & clean racers that will ascend up the leagues and be grouped with similar players (separated from the unskilled greifers).

Also it would be easy at that point to add "Black flag" to automatically DNF players that receive say over 60 sec second of penalties (rammers) as extra discouragement.

Expansion of Leagues and the integration of FRR will be most welcome.
#49 Posted : Wednesday, April 3, 2019 12:26:24 AM(UTC)
Really pleased about the addition of the Senna. While it's not particular competitive in R-class it's a great joy to drive. I also think it sounds better than in Horizon 4.
#50 Posted : Wednesday, April 3, 2019 1:26:51 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: One Refort Go to Quoted Post
Looks like the MG is still a hidden vehicle.

Got ALL my cars now, but I’m short in those given out for reaching certain achievements of course, as I’m not aMP player, do often miss out on any of thecrewards firvthose.

There’s a few of the Rival rewards I missed out in that were very ‘limited’ . . ; like the MG etc . . . .

Got my Senna amd it handles like a dream . . . Just havevto match the braking points . . .but it returns well when it unders **** or cones out too strong on corners.

However, onevarea that’s never been adjusted is the change needed to drop right back to 1st or 2nd in order to turn a vehicle on tight corners.

It would be great if we could adjust the turning circles on cars for each, and have them actually work.

Ideally that’ll be in a future update ? Hopefully . . .

Now I’ll hopefully grab some of the missing cars in the AH, or offer some of my double FEs in exchange . . . ?
3 Pages123PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error