5 Pages12345PrevNext
#51 Posted : Friday, March 29, 2019 12:34:11 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post
Just tried the trial in the stock Alfa P3 as I don't own any cars in this class... it's literally the worst handling car ever.

Most of my team mates were in the same, and struggling to even keep the car on the road, never mind trouble the AI.

edit - did it in that car anyway. Could have bought one but didn't want to waste CR or FP.

Since I had no vintage racer on B-class I used the stock P3 too, I actually enjoyed its bicycle tires, no brakes and permanent wheelspin due to no diff. Luckily the AI can't cope with this kind of car at all and I beat them in every race.

@DaReoCharmer:
Spent some time with the '99 Elise yesterday and it's a tricky one on A-class. Quite fast on tight courses like Greendale (achieving low 53s) but I doubt it'll do anything good in Ranked. It tops out at ~260km/h and due to its low weight every small obstacle will drastically slow it down. Definitely nothing for Freeroam Rush.
I still have to test it as S900 rally/snow car though.
User is suspended until 2/17/2047 3:19:07 AM(UTC)
#52 Posted : Friday, March 29, 2019 2:23:37 AM(UTC)
"Slip Slidin' Saloons" was Tops this week 😎👌🏻
My Forza Timeline:
•FH3-Start my Forza Career
•FH2-My hunger for more Horizon
•FM5-Free with XB Live Gold
•FH4-End my Forza Career
•FM6-Free with XB Live Gold
 2 users liked this post.
#53 Posted : Friday, March 29, 2019 3:12:51 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jadigafer7 Go to Quoted Post
Tunes to help you through the winter (all shared in my creative hub):

Weekly Forzathon: 2011 Ford Transit “EZ Forzathon”
Seasonal Playground: 2017 Ford Raptor “A 800 Ranked”
Trial Event: 1931 Bentley 4-1/2 Liter Supercharged “EZ Season Win”
Frozen Fun Event: 2011 BMW X5 M “EZ Season Win 2”
Slip Slidin’ Saloons: 2006 Audi RS 4 “EZ Season Win 2”
Glen Ranoch Extreme Off-road: Bowler EXR S “EZ Season Win 3”

Thank you once again good sir for sharing these. I always try to check some of them out, especially for the trials since at least with my skills I have trouble keeping up with the top drivatars with just any car. The Blistering Speed trial was a hopeless endeavour with a Senna.
#54 Posted : Friday, March 29, 2019 4:40:37 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CRracer 912 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Peregrine57 Go to Quoted Post
The "Slip Slidin' Saloons" is doing that thing where you can't complete a championship because it thinks you've already completed it. Which is a shame, because I'm pretty sure I'd be up to 50% by now.

What thing is that, never experienced whatever you're talking about.

There's a bug that sometimes comes up where a championship will show the top prize in gold as though you've already got it, and the 2nd and 3rd place prizes as regular. If it happens, then you can't claim the top prize even if you win the championship, because the game thinks you've already got it. I've seen it before, but only on championships where the prize was a wheelspin, so it wasn't a huge loss. But now, even though the prize is just a wheelspin, it counts towards your festival playlist completion. So that's kindof annoying.
#55 Posted : Friday, March 29, 2019 5:22:20 AM(UTC)
If you're struggling with the winter trial and you have a Bugatti type 35c, try my tune. I tried the trial different times, I'm an average driver and I always won all the 3 races. GT: Pegaso650

Edit: it lacks of top speed so might get passed by a drivatar in the highway part of the 2nd race, but will easily catch up and pass the opponent after the U turn

Edited by user Friday, March 29, 2019 5:55:21 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#56 Posted : Friday, March 29, 2019 6:04:54 AM(UTC)
80 % sounds good to me so I could try it every season. Is it possible to do championships on my own? Do I need bigger difficulty? I normally play on new racer :D I know PG games are with people, but is it possible to do other stuff without real people? Thanks! I haven't tried yet.
#57 Posted : Friday, March 29, 2019 6:22:06 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: turtleCZ Go to Quoted Post
80 % sounds good to me so I could try it every season. Is it possible to do championships on my own? Do I need bigger difficulty? I normally play on new racer :D I know PG games are with people, but is it possible to do other stuff without real people? Thanks! I haven't tried yet.

Championships can be done solo, but they must be done on Expert difficulty in order for them to count towards the playlist.
Rules of troubleshooting:
1) Have you tried turning it off and on again?
2) Is your Internet working?
3) https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status < Check here for service issues.
4) If all else fails open a service ticket and/or forum post.

#58 Posted : Friday, March 29, 2019 6:33:33 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Stang616 Go to Quoted Post

Championships can be done solo, but they must be done on Expert difficulty in order for them to count towards the playlist.

Thanks! That's exactly what I needed. I hope I have enough skill. I just improved one of my PR stunts in top 100 so I hope I have some moves.
#59 Posted : Friday, March 29, 2019 6:40:29 AM(UTC)
PG at the quarry is probably the best of all PGG. Garden and mud park are the pits.

Just tried my first PG game there. First event, the enemy team sits on top of our flags so you can't pick them up without immediately losing them.

This is a great game design.

Alt+F4 fixed it though.
#60 Posted : Friday, March 29, 2019 6:42:27 AM(UTC)
PG at the quarry is probably the best of all PGG. Garden and mud park are the pits.

Just tried my first PG game there. First event, the enemy team sits on top of our flags so you can't pick them up without immediately losing them.

Alt+F4 fixed it though.

Honestly, with enough people and/or large enough vehicle, that strategy isn't viable.
Rules of troubleshooting:
1) Have you tried turning it off and on again?
2) Is your Internet working?
3) https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status < Check here for service issues.
4) If all else fails open a service ticket and/or forum post.

#61 Posted : Friday, March 29, 2019 6:43:15 AM(UTC)
I did enjoy the vintage trial. I used a B class Bugatti on stock but widened tires. If you're on mostly asphalt you dont need snow tires. The trial on the island was really fun too. I love offroading in the snow. Winter in this game is my favorite to say the least

@rayne se Agreed! Stats wouldnt be sufficient to compete. The other thing still surprises me that people use buggies for cross country. Those things can drive through anything without being brought to a halt.

Did anyone unlock the Capri?
Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track.

FH4 and I have a volatile love/hate relationship 😑
#62 Posted : Friday, March 29, 2019 6:46:10 AM(UTC)

Alt+F4 fixed it though.

Honestly, with enough people and/or large enough vehicle, that strategy isn't viable.

They were making it viable.

This game mode is straight up garbage... thankfully there's no need to play it any more, but I thought I'd do it anyway to get more %. I won't be going back to it. Too much in this game is like pulling teeth.
 1 user liked this post.
#63 Posted : Friday, March 29, 2019 6:47:17 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Honor Virtus Go to Quoted Post
That's all I have had time for so far ... & I have to say it hasn't been too hard

One thing I've realised is the playlist is killing my enjoyment of the game because it gives me too much to do, so I'm playing the game in a "quantity over quality" fashion.

Before the playlist, I would have picked a PR stunt and maybe spent 15 minutes trying to get really high up on the leaderboard. But now, I just drive through each stunt once to complete the seasonal objective, then move on to the next thing. It totally eliminates all enjoyment from the game.

And The Trial. Before the playlist, I'd have spent hours making my own tune, now I just want to get it done so I just pick someone else's tune and use it. Again, zero satisfaction compared to making my own tune, but I just don't have time to play the game properly any more because of all the chores it gives me to do.
 2 users liked this post.
User is suspended until 2/11/2047 4:23:37 AM(UTC)
#64 Posted : Friday, March 29, 2019 7:44:34 AM(UTC)
It's actually given me a reason to do seasonals, they were meh at best before. Im liking the playlist. Still plenty of time to tune, and it's been a two day spread tops to complete it on three accounts, save dailies.
 1 user liked this post.
#65 Posted : Friday, March 29, 2019 11:41:28 AM(UTC)
That is a solid season. Tying forzathon shop and theming everything together? Perfect!
#66 Posted : Friday, March 29, 2019 12:06:34 PM(UTC)
The PG is garbage.

My team were winning 3-0 I pressed pause to take a phone call and when I came back, I'd been booted out. It has taken me 5 hours of playing since and not coming close again due yo mismatched teams and people quitting even when on the winning team. God, I hate online gameplay!
#67 Posted : Friday, March 29, 2019 3:50:06 PM(UTC)
Anyone else notice we can now select a car for a street race? I don't remember this being an option before, it usually started the event with whatever car you were currently in
Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track.

FH4 and I have a volatile love/hate relationship 😑
 1 user liked this post.
#68 Posted : Friday, March 29, 2019 4:20:08 PM(UTC)
I have to say, for the first time, that I thoroughly enjoyed this Winter season events. The "Aged to Perfection" Trial was excellent as a "B" class event.

My hat is off to the Devs for finally getting it right. No crazy hypercar ridiculousness for the team play, watching the Red team vanish into the distance, and after venturing into the playground games for the first time last season, I'm actually starting to enjoy that to. More like this would be great, and make playing this game fun again instead of the dreaded grind of having to endure the S2 and X class mayhem in order to get through the season.

1 user liked this post.
#69 Posted : Friday, March 29, 2019 5:01:16 PM(UTC)
I just experienced a perfect example of why it was a good idea to drop the completion amount from 100% down to 80%...two days ago we had an electrical storm right over the house. Our main power transformer got hit by lightning. It blew out the power, our land line phone, my computer modem, and the power supply on my xbox one. It took about a day to get the power restored, another day for the modem replacement, and I had to order another xbox console since mine can't be fixed in a hurry. By the time I can play FH4 again, I will have lost anywhere from 4-6 days of playing time. I might be able to catch up and get all of the seasonal events, but I will deffo miss at least 2 (and possibly more) of the daily forzathon challenges, making it impossible to get 100% for this week. Good thing I got 100% on the previous two weeks, so it shouldn't take too much to get 80% for the season.
"I knew I should have brought demon chasing shoes!"
 1 user liked this post.
#70 Posted : Friday, March 29, 2019 11:41:10 PM(UTC)

Charging in with the heavyweights could help physically removing the opponents off the flag, yet I could slip through more than once with my Willys and grab the darn thing while larger vehicles were busy fighting over it, so don't underestimate the little guy! ;)

Also, reminder to everyone you don't have to exactly move through the flag to grab it, since moving close enough will do the trick, you can choose the trajectory least likely to get an opponent to rob you blind. If the center isn't an option, give the periphery a try.

At any rate, if the opponents' "flag camping" proves too effective a strategy, you could always get your revenge on the second half of the match. It takes two to tango.

Edited by user Friday, March 29, 2019 11:45:40 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#71 Posted : Saturday, March 30, 2019 12:22:37 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: rultsch Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Jadigafer7 Go to Quoted Post
Tunes to help you through the winter (all shared in my creative hub):

Weekly Forzathon: 2011 Ford Transit “EZ Forzathon”
Seasonal Playground: 2017 Ford Raptor “A 800 Ranked”
Trial Event: 1931 Bentley 4-1/2 Liter Supercharged “EZ Season Win”
Frozen Fun Event: 2011 BMW X5 M “EZ Season Win 2”
Slip Slidin’ Saloons: 2006 Audi RS 4 “EZ Season Win 2”
Glen Ranoch Extreme Off-road: Bowler EXR S “EZ Season Win 3”

Thank you once again good sir for sharing these. I always try to check some of them out, especially for the trials since at least with my skills I have trouble keeping up with the top drivatars with just any car. The Blistering Speed trial was a hopeless endeavour with a Senna.

Ditto. With such OP tunes I had to raise my drivatars difficulty up just to keep things somewhat interesting :) No fun when I can’t see any drivatars in sight by the 4th or 5th checkpoint. The Bowler tune literally felt like I was launched out of a cannon (but I could still stop on a dime if I wanted too). Trial tune on the Bentley... success in 1 try and 1st place all 3 events.... need I say more? The Audi RS4 was untouchable. I was already using your Raptor tune in Ranked PGG, so didnt even need to download anything. Thank you for your efforts, saves me so much time completing the playlist when tunes like these are shared.
#72 Posted : Saturday, March 30, 2019 7:47:43 AM(UTC)
I wanted to try it but after all PR stunts and Showcase remix I have 66 % which is fine. But I don't want to play with people or on expert difficulty. I could play on expert when I want to - normal in-game challenge like bucket lists. It's a bit sad to see rewards I can't get even if I play the game every day.
 1 user liked this post.
#73 Posted : Saturday, March 30, 2019 8:29:45 AM(UTC)
I wanted to try it but after all PR stunts and Showcase remix I have 66 % which is fine. But I don't want to play with people or on expert difficulty. I could play on expert when I want to - normal in-game challenge like bucket lists. It's a bit sad to see rewards I can't get even if I play the game every day.

try expert , you might surprise yourself - seriously it's not as scary a it sounds... and don't be afraid to rub doors ;) or use rewind to get a better line through a corner
get yourself a decent car maxed for the requirement if it says Super Saloons A800 ...look through your garage for a super saloon you can get to 800 ...not 723 (for example) ..in winter it really helps to have a AWD car
Or instead of upgrading it yourself ( I like upgrading myself to learn something) use a tune from someone (like above) who has done the events and had success

& Good Luck :D

Edited by user Saturday, March 30, 2019 8:32:42 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#74 Posted : Saturday, March 30, 2019 9:35:07 AM(UTC)
OK, maybe later today. Rewind! I almost forget. It's weekend and I want to play my game but can't because we have a job-like game with a list of tasks :D

The tuning is a bit problematic for me, because I use stock cars for almost everything. Not for PR stunts. Tunes above look amazing.

OK, thanks, will try it today ;)
#75 Posted : Saturday, March 30, 2019 9:48:14 AM(UTC)
Man....
Playground games stuff alone is a torture BUT in the quarry its PAIN! Thank god we dont need 100% anymore. This game mode is more than a waste of time.
5 Pages12345PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error