7 Pages1234>>PrevNext
#26 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2019 11:59:36 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Peregrine57 Go to Quoted Post
The 80% target is a good start, but still kindof grindey, and I think still requires the co-op trial, which I have never won. So I'm probably still not going to bother with it. A little more adjustment wouldn't hurt.

But, I'm just going to throw this out there as a suggestion while it's on my mind to see what others think about it:

You know how the Fortune Island seasonal prizes are always just wheelspins? That's fair. That way, even people who don't own the DLC still have a chance at the exclusive content prizes.

But, what if people who did own the DLC could have Fortune Island and the future yet-to-be-named DLC seasonals count toward their completion. That way, people who don't own the DLC don't have to buy it if they don't want to, and still have a shot at the playlist prizes. But people who do own the DLC have more options as to how they go about completing the playlist.

Seriously, I went into Fortune Island this week for the first time in weeks, because I'd been grinding at all the mainland chores. Now that I've done most of what there is to do over there, I often forget I even have it. Give me a reason to go back.

I havent completed any of this season's events cause the season switches over as my work shift starts. I dont mind helping people complete the co-op stuff, at this point I only do ranked. Just add me. 2 or 3 good drivers against the drivatars or even the PG games will be a slight advantage
Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track. 🏁🏁

FH4 and I HAD a volatile love/hate relationship 😑

Hopefully FH5 will treat me better 😬😬
#27 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2019 12:25:25 PM(UTC)
I couldn't get the #25 rtr mustang and, gotten to 50% and, not yet received the car. If someone else is experienced this problem please support this reply so others could get this car too. Please fix!
#28 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2019 12:32:39 PM(UTC)
I tried to scan over quickly because I like the surprise of seeing it in-game but woohoo finally the Colorado is available and the Playlist improvements look reasonable.
 1 user liked this post.
#29 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2019 12:32:56 PM(UTC)
I am pleased Playground games are doing the 80% thing as it gives me options. A little wiggle room is good. I admire those who are skilled and talented enough to make very difficult challenges look easy, I however am not one of them. Now if I have a challenge I dislike or am not as skilled as I would like at I can pass over some. If players like the challenge they can still do tend 100% but if someone can't get to 100% it won't cost them the cars. There still may be challenges I can't get but I feel much better knowing that I have options to pass on some of them.........Thank you Playground Games!
#30 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2019 12:41:56 PM(UTC)
I like that GTO, but not that much.
Welcome to the Hyperbolic Whine Chamber. If you cry hard enough you might get your pouter level over 9000.
 1 user liked this post.
#31 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2019 12:56:00 PM(UTC)
Nevermind you have to get a little bit over 50% to get the #25 rtr drifting mustang. Keep up the good work turn 10 and, playground!
#32 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2019 3:02:18 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Bad Bad Mige Go to Quoted Post
Assuming the 6000 FP is typo? [Mod Edit - yep, edited]

"Pontaic" as well ;)

#33 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2019 3:04:23 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Dan the Dartman Go to Quoted Post
I am pleased Playground games are doing the 80% thing as it gives me options. A little wiggle room is good..........Thank you Playground Games!

Yes, that will be a welcome change! I really wanted that Porsche last week but there was no way I could hit 100% due to being offline the first couple days. Hopefully it comes up in the Forzathon shop some day. I was also quite happy to get the Chevy in this week's Forzathon after missing it the first time.

1 user liked this post.
#34 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2019 3:58:24 PM(UTC)
So is there any bonus at all for 100%?
 4 users liked this post.
#35 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2019 4:27:18 PM(UTC)
A 10 million CR car in the forzathon shop was a good idea, for once.

What they should have done with the festival playlist is make 10 million CR cars the top prizes. Then the reward would have been something valuable and hard to attain, but still something available elsewhere so people could choose to enjoy the game how they like, and not completely miss out on content if they don't enjoy the playlist path. But the whole point was to force multiplayer in the face of (because of?) more than 100 pages of complaints about it.

All the stuff this week was easy busy work. The PR stunts were barely over 3 stars ... that seemed new. The Trial is the exact same one as the Mosler debacle ... there's a lot of tips in that week's thread. The AI was in full on ram mode, blocking and even corner bombing, driving themselves way off course and out of races just to make sure I don't enjoy myself ... great game design *sarcasm*

It was worse than usual. Maybe it was events, maybe luck, or maybe the game recognized that I qualified for ranked and took that to mean I like that kind of garbage. I don't ... which is why I spent about 1/3 of the qualifying races and rushes parked a few feet from the start. Nobody said I had to finish. Had about 10 DNFs and about 10 wins in 30 events ... and the DNFs where I was doing something else were the only ones I enjoyed.

There was ssome good news and bad news with progress. The events that showed complete before the week reset. Bad news that the completion percentage went down, good news that I got to complete them and get the rewards.

And I notice in the monthly rivals ... they'll list dirty laps over clean laps while you're doing the event, so if you get a fast but dirty lap and then keep lapping, you could be setting PBs and moving up the board and not know it until you quit out and check. Annoying. A clean 57 is better than a dirty 56, and I don't remember any other Forza game getting this wrong.
 1 user liked this post.
#36 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2019 4:49:08 PM(UTC)
If anyone wants a car tune to do the classic rally championship, I did one for the Volvo - it was obscene how far ahead I got on all 3 events
The other 2 championships were a lot closer so can't really offer any 'sure thing'
#37 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2019 5:03:18 PM(UTC)
The Lancia Fulvia is another good choice for Classic Rally. There's a leaderboard for C class Classic Rally and the Fulvia is on top, and these events are pretty similar.
 1 user liked this post.
User is suspended until 2/11/2047 4:23:37 AM(UTC)
#38 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2019 5:04:03 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Abell 370 Go to Quoted Post

What they should have done with the festival playlist is make 10 million CR cars the top prizes. Then the reward would have been something valuable and hard to attain, but still something available elsewhere so people could choose to enjoy the game how they like, and not completely miss out on content if they don't enjoy the playlist path. But the whole point was to force multiplayer in the face of (because of?) more than 100 pages of complaints about it.

A friend had the same high value autoshow car as top prize for 100%, I think that's a good idea. I've never paid for 9ne, have a few from wheelspins, already had this week's high value forzathon shop car.
#39 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2019 5:09:33 PM(UTC)

And I notice in the monthly rivals ... they'll list dirty laps over clean laps while you're doing the event, so if you get a fast but dirty lap and then keep lapping, you could be setting PBs and moving up the board and not know it until you quit out and check. Annoying. A clean 57 is better than a dirty 56, and I don't remember any other Forza game getting this wrong.

This is also how it's work in normal rivals mode also, and it's been that way since day one. I got horizon 2 just when it was free monthly xbox live game and in that point rivals was that way that dirty 56 was higher than clean 57.
#40 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2019 5:38:48 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: V12 SprungBoss Go to Quoted Post

This is also how it's work in normal rivals mode also, and it's been that way since day one. I got horizon 2 just when it was free monthly xbox live game and in that point rivals was that way that dirty 56 was higher than clean 57.

I really liked FH2, but the worst part of that game was that they allowed dirty laps on the leaderboard. My favorite thing about FH3 was them fixing that on the leaderboards and getting clean and dirty laps right. It's been years since I played FH2 so I didn't recognize they did the same thing there.

But, hey, they went backward but not all the way backward. At least they didn't dirty up what few leaderboards we have. This is one of my more minor gripes. I just don't know why they changed things in this area when they had it about perfect in FH3.

Edited by user Thursday, March 21, 2019 5:39:50 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#41 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2019 7:39:51 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CrazyFox812 Go to Quoted Post
I couldn't get the #25 rtr mustang and, gotten to 50% and, not yet received the car. If someone else is experienced this problem please support this reply so others could get this car too. Please fix!

From what i can tell, it doesn't automatically give you the car until you click on the Festival Playlist tab AFTER you have reached the 50%/100% goal. The tab should have a small circle with a number in the lower corner, just like with a standard menu tab notification. Once you click on the FP tab, you should get a notice about the cars, and they will then be added to your garage.

So, let me get this straight...the completion reduction from 100% to 80%, does that apply to the weekly challenges, or the monthly series total, or both? Does that mean we can get the Ford Capri FE at the end of series 7 with only 80% completion?
"I knew I should have brought demon chasing shoes!"
#42 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2019 8:02:13 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: V12 SprungBoss Go to Quoted Post

I really liked FH2, but the worst part of that game was that they allowed dirty laps on the leaderboard. My favorite thing about FH3 was them fixing that on the leaderboards and getting clean and dirty laps right. It's been years since I played FH2 so I didn't recognize they did the same thing there.

But, hey, they went backward but not all the way backward. At least they didn't dirty up what few leaderboards we have. This is one of my more minor gripes. I just don't know why they changed things in this area when they had it about perfect in FH3.

Rivals mode was near perfect in FH3 in any possible way, it's shame how mutch backward this game rivals is comparing FH3. But FH2 way that dirty laps get leaderboard also was really bad system thank god PG dont have bring that back.

@Sierra Skye19 Yes monthly reward will also be at 80% so no need to do everything to get Capri.
 1 user liked this post.
#43 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2019 11:22:23 PM(UTC)
Finally the Colorado reappeared, thnaks a lot.

And doing the Festival Playlist yesterday was lots of fun.
#44 Posted : Friday, March 22, 2019 1:50:39 AM(UTC)
[Mod Edit - Abbreviated profanity, profanity and profanity that is disguised but still alludes to the words are not permitted - D]

Edited by user Friday, March 22, 2019 10:55:04 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#45 Posted : Friday, March 22, 2019 2:15:05 AM(UTC)
Colorado Truck ... what is the excitement? Am I missing something?
#46 Posted : Friday, March 22, 2019 2:27:57 AM(UTC)
I mean Pontiac GTO.
 3 users liked this post.
#47 Posted : Friday, March 22, 2019 2:31:50 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Honor Virtus Go to Quoted Post
Colorado Truck ... what is the excitement? Am I missing something?

I assume the excitement is because it's arbitrarily rare.

The developers could have picked out any number of random cars which nobody currently cares about, make them rare and unpurchasable in the shop, and people would be excited about them instead.
#48 Posted : Friday, March 22, 2019 3:02:39 AM(UTC)

All the stuff this week was easy busy work. The PR stunts were barely over 3 stars ... that seemed new. The Trial is the exact same one as the Mosler debacle ... there's a lot of tips in that week's thread. The AI was in full on ram mode, blocking and even corner bombing, driving themselves way off course and out of races just to make sure I don't enjoy myself ... great game design *sarcasm*

The Trial this week was unusually easy, I used an SV750 with max aero and base turn with optimised gears. I tested the car around Holyrood and I was 6 seconds a lap faster than unbeatable AI on some scruffy laps on a damp track.

In the Trial I went from 11th to 1st by the first corner up the hill. I then eased off only to be rammed constantly by team mates round the rest of the laps however we won each round with >2500 points per round.

1 user liked this post.
#49 Posted : Friday, March 22, 2019 4:07:34 AM(UTC)
If anyone wants a car tune to do the classic rally championship, I did one for the Volvo - it was obscene how far ahead I got on all 3 events
The other 2 championships were a lot closer so can't really offer any 'sure thing'

You weren't exaggerating about the Volvo tune. Used it today and won all 3 races first time by quite a good margin. Many thanks.

#50 Posted : Friday, March 22, 2019 4:20:53 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: msb247 Go to Quoted Post

You weren't exaggerating about the Volvo tune. Used it today and won all 3 races first time by quite a good margin. Many thanks.

Cool!
I wasn't imagining it! :D
7 Pages1234>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error