9 Pages<<789Prev
#201 Posted : Tuesday, March 19, 2019 11:15:48 AM(UTC)
whats the deal with the 'trial' event races on the new summer season?

im always put with terrible drivers i have tried this event 3 times now and each time we lose or at best it ends 2-2

I found it strange that i end up winning each race comfortably whilst not being great at the game but other players either just give up or are terrible.

is this some form of glitch or am i just getting unlucky?

#202 Posted : Wednesday, March 20, 2019 7:56:08 AM(UTC)
At which time the daily forzathons start normally?
 2 users liked this post.
#203 Posted : Wednesday, March 20, 2019 7:58:43 AM(UTC)
With the time zone change this month the changeovers are now at 7:30am Pacific which is UTC-7.
Community Manager | ManteoMax.com Forza spreadsheets
#204 Posted : Wednesday, March 20, 2019 8:02:32 AM(UTC)
730AM in California, it was 630 until the daily savings time change
Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track. 🏁🏁

FH4 and I have a volatile love/hate relationship 😑

Hopefully FH5 will treat me better 😬😬
#205 Posted : Wednesday, March 20, 2019 8:58:26 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TranceHead25 Go to Quoted Post

im always put with terrible drivers i have tried this event 3 times now and each time we lose or at best it ends 2-2

I found it strange that i end up winning each race comfortably whilst not being great at the game but other players either just give up or are terrible.

With it now being a requirement to finish the seasonal event, I would expect more inexperienced drivers to be making it harder. Just my thoughts.
While it would be nice to separate pve and PvP, I guess they decided it better to encourage everyone to PvP. This just requires more pvp than in the past in order to finish the seasonal events.

At least they give you a month to grind through some of the PvP. Very kind and generous of them.
 2 users liked this post.
#206 Posted : Wednesday, March 20, 2019 9:20:52 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Mt **** b Go to Quoted Post

With it now being a requirement to finish the seasonal event, I would expect more inexperienced drivers to be making it harder. Just my thoughts.
While it would be nice to separate pve and PvP, I guess they decided it better to encourage everyone to PvP. This just requires more pvp than in the past in order to finish the seasonal events.

At least they give you a month to grind through some of the PvP. Very kind and generous of them.

That's why it is always best to complete the Trial the first day of a season, when there are still good quality players available to be on your team. Once all those people start getting their completion, you can expect them to stop entering the event, which will eventually leave you with the bottom of the barrel players still trying to win the Trial. I will always prioritize the Trial event to the first part on a season. Common sense just indicates that players still participating in it on the last day are probably people that are not of the driving caliber that can easily beat unbeatable drivatars. First day I was able to win it in one try. 4-0. 4 competent players + 2 incompetent players. There are also the toxic players that will repeatedly enter the Trial after they have already completed it, with the sole intention of making people lose, in order to make exclusive cars even more exclusive by sabotaging the ability for others to get them. This was extremely evident in the Trucks trial a couple months back, when players would intentionally block their own team or ram them. Also, evident in the Rip Rod Drag event where people that already won the rip rod would continuously enter to with the sole goal of preventing others from winning.

And I am willing to bet when a wallriding fix gets rolled out, that is going to drop the number of players able to beat unbeatable drivatars, because the wallriders that would otherwise leave unbeatable drivatars in the dust, will now become one of the incompetent drivers dragging the team down.

Edited by user Wednesday, March 20, 2019 9:24:18 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#207 Posted : Wednesday, March 20, 2019 9:45:55 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jadigafer7 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: phut yoo Go to Quoted Post
Ahhhh OK, wasn't sure when I see that every week in the listings. They're cheap enough for the most part I have multiples of each except the big buck classics.

As an aside, when I go into the adventures tab, it says I have no rank(x) but it says level 8. Does that mean when I hit 10 I become 'ranked' and get the achievement?

Yes, you need to do all 10 qualifiers in ranked to become qualified....

Good, I only have to endure team adventure two more times, I can't imagine going through the process in all three categories 'for fun'. What a miserable part of this game

1 user liked this post.
#208 Posted : Wednesday, March 20, 2019 10:23:09 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jadigafer7 Go to Quoted Post
Ahhhh OK, wasn't sure when I see that every week in the listings. They're cheap enough for the most part I have multiples of each except the big buck classics.

As an aside, when I go into the adventures tab, it says I have no rank(x) but it says level 8. Does that mean when I hit 10 I become 'ranked' and get the achievement?

Yes, you need to do all 10 qualifiers in ranked to become qualified....

Good, I only have to endure team adventure two more times, I can't imagine going through the process in all three categories 'for fun'. What a miserable part of this game

I think I took a whole saturday or at least half the day to get a rank for games and I had to TOUGH it out. Its a boring process seeing it has no freeroam to enjoy. Just loaded up the next event after the last one was over. I already had a rank in team because there was no FFA but I stick to FFA for now. I dont want to depend on anyone else to win. 10 points from league 7, slowly climbing to grandmaster level
Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track. 🏁🏁

FH4 and I have a volatile love/hate relationship 😑

Hopefully FH5 will treat me better 😬😬
#209 Posted : Wednesday, March 20, 2019 10:32:38 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: JurassicJoeDawg Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Mt **** b Go to Quoted Post

That's why it is always best to complete the Trial the first day of a season, when there are still good quality players available to be on your team. Once all those people start getting their completion, you can expect them to stop entering the event, which will eventually leave you with the bottom of the barrel players still trying to win the Trial. I will always prioritize the Trial event to the first part on a season. Common sense just indicates that players still participating in it on the last day are probably people that are not of the driving caliber that can easily beat unbeatable drivatars. First day I was able to win it in one try. 4-0. 4 competent players + 2 incompetent players. There are also the toxic players that will repeatedly enter the Trial after they have already completed it, with the sole intention of making people lose, in order to make exclusive cars even more exclusive by sabotaging the ability for others to get them. This was extremely evident in the Trucks trial a couple months back, when players would intentionally block their own team or ram them. Also, evident in the Rip Rod Drag event where people that already won the rip rod would continuously enter to with the sole goal of preventing others from winning.

And I am willing to bet when a wallriding fix gets rolled out, that is going to drop the number of players able to beat unbeatable drivatars, because the wallriders that would otherwise leave unbeatable drivatars in the dust, will now become one of the incompetent drivers dragging the team down.

I just test this out, while in first day when i did this it was easy win but now there was 3 guys with stock car, one guy that have car tuned at about PI 850 and there was only one other guy who have car tuned at top of the S1 class and while that guy was able to beat drivatars by wallriding other team members couldnt beat any AI drivers so it end up 0-4.
 1 user liked this post.
#210 Posted : Wednesday, March 20, 2019 11:49:21 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: JurassicJoeDawg Go to Quoted Post
There are also the toxic players that will repeatedly enter the Trial after they have already completed it, with the sole intention of making people lose, in order to make exclusive cars even more exclusive by sabotaging the ability for others to get them. This was extremely evident in the Trucks trial a couple months back, when players would intentionally block their own team or ram them. Also, evident in the Rip Rod Drag event where people that already won the rip rod would continuously enter to with the sole goal of preventing others from winning.

I've been racing the trial event repeatedly. I'm easily able to beat the AI, so figured I could maybe help a few players that might be less able by boosting the overall team score. It gives me something else to do :o) I do try not to get so far ahead that the AI rubber bands and gets out of reach though.
I could agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong
#211 Posted : Wednesday, March 20, 2019 11:50:35 AM(UTC)

Most people suck. It's true, no matter the context, and it's true for Forza players. Even the Motorsport series, which is supposed to be less casual of the two, has rammers galore and, therefore, ridiculous PvP. I usually manage to beat the trials when I get paired with only one player. That way, it's up to me if we win or not, even if he's a complete **** .

Edited by user Wednesday, March 20, 2019 11:54:38 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#212 Posted : Wednesday, March 20, 2019 7:50:08 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Tato 790709 Go to Quoted Post
Hi,

cross: b700 offroad buggies
69 volkswagen baja bug, 80 volkswagen desert dingo, 11 penhall cholla, 15 alumi craft class 10, 5 polaris rzr

enjoy tunes and good luck :-)

Which Baja Bug tune should I be using? You have a few of them.
#213 Posted : Saturday, March 23, 2019 6:18:26 AM(UTC)
I really want that Pontiac, one of my favourite cars, but i just cant bother grinding the 100%... Forza, please, dont force online play down my throat. Its horrible. Its not just that i have really bad internet and onlinestuff barely works (either because of my internet or because of the online services), its also that i dont want to rely on other people.
I just tried the playground games multiple times, and every time it was unbalanced teams (3v5 f.e.) and the other team using some sort of exploit (or "tactics" some might say) to win. Capture the Flag f.e. The other Team just stood in the capture point. Eventually one of them would either prevent me picking up the flag, or another one would touch me as soon as i got the capture. Yeah, THAT Is fun gameplay! Not that my team would try to do something anyways, i had people leaving after 1 round and others just griefing.
Now i read i have to do the ranking stuff aswell ?!
At first i liked this playlist idea, because it gives me some reason to play after the whole forzathoncoin thing went out to be not that great of a design after a while,
but does it have to be sooo grindy ? Just because you give me a lot of stuff to play doesnt make the content better. Doesnt make it more fun, its making it worse, that i have to trial and error my way through eventually giving up because i have other stuff to do, for content that in the end i paid for.
9 Pages<<789Prev

Notification

Icon
Error