This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
51 Pages<<495051Prev
Rank: C-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#1251 Posted : Monday, December 2, 2019 7:13:07 AM(UTC)
TL:DR
is there a summarised version ? ;)
Rank: D-Class Racing License
#1252 Posted : Monday, December 2, 2019 10:48:01 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Lowe0 Go to Quoted Post
I've been discussing the playlist change in this thread since the week it went live. What could I possibly have been comparing it to other than the release build?

Uh, maybe that you were comparing it to how things were in previous Horizon games and why that was better than Horizon 4?! Because that's how I interpreted your responses given the information that you provided me.

Anyway, the exact timing of when PG made the changes doesn't actually affect my position on anything we talked about. However, it does serve to be the missing piece of information that finally helps me to understand why you've been so hostile toward PG. All. This. Time. And that is what I've been trying to figure out from our conversations. Mystery solved.




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
====================

Game Review: ALL TALK, NO ANSWERS

I think I deserve some serious Xbox Achievement points for cracking the code to why the main character was so angry and disgruntled at PG. It was the worst game I've ever played. Insipid story line. Sparse and cryptic dialogue. Circular discussion. Absent character development. Unrewarding plot twist of an ending. Basically a totally uninspiring experience and complete waste of time. In final: I don't recommend this game.

Overall Rating: 0 of 5. Progressive Gameplay Rating: ๐Ÿ˜. . . ๐Ÿ˜’. . . ๐Ÿ˜ !!!

====================
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~





Originally Posted by: Lowe0 Go to Quoted Post
can we get back to the actual topic - the replacement of a less-restrictive endgame reward mechanism with a more restrictive one, and how it's a regression from PG's purported design principle of "freedom"?

You nutz?!!! Heck no! I ain't playinโ€™ this game again!!!

Rank: D-Class Racing License
 2 users liked this post.
#1253 Posted : Tuesday, December 3, 2019 5:00:48 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: seanbil Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Lowe0 Go to Quoted Post
I've been discussing the playlist change in this thread since the week it went live. What could I possibly have been comparing it to other than the release build?

Uh, maybe that you were comparing it to how things were in previous Horizon games and why that was better than Horizon 4?! Because that's how I interpreted your responses given the information that you provided me.

Anyway, the exact timing of when PG made the changes doesn't actually affect my position on anything we talked about. However, it does serve to be the missing piece of information that finally helps me to understand why you've been so hostile toward PG. All. This. Time. And that is what I've been trying to figure out from our conversations. Mystery solved.




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
====================

Game Review: ALL TALK, NO ANSWERS

I think I deserve some serious Xbox Achievement points for cracking the code to why the main character was so angry and disgruntled at PG. It was the worst game I've ever played. Insipid story line. Sparse and cryptic dialogue. Circular discussion. Absent character development. Unrewarding plot twist of an ending. Basically a totally uninspiring experience and complete waste of time. In final: I don't recommend this game.

Overall Rating: 0 of 5. Progressive Gameplay Rating: ๐Ÿ˜. . . ๐Ÿ˜’. . . ๐Ÿ˜ !!!

====================
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~





Originally Posted by: Lowe0 Go to Quoted Post
can we get back to the actual topic - the replacement of a less-restrictive endgame reward mechanism with a more restrictive one, and how it's a regression from PG's purported design principle of "freedom"?

You nutz?!!! Heck no! I ain't playinโ€™ this game again!!!


By any metric, you spent far more of that post talking about me than you did about the argument at hand. I would again suggest getting back on topic, so I'll ask again - in what way is this anything other than a regression from PG's previously stated design principle? We've been talking about this change for 8 months now, and I'm still waiting for a convincing argument for why this is a good thing.
Rank: D-Class Racing License
#1254 Posted : Tuesday, December 3, 2019 10:44:29 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Lowe0 Go to Quoted Post
By any metric, you spent far more of that post talking about me than you did about the argument at hand. I would again suggest getting back on topic, so I'll ask again - in what way is this anything other than a regression from PG's previously stated design principle? We've been talking about this change for 8 months now, and I'm still waiting for a convincing argument for why this is a good thing.

It was important to determine the manner in which you felt betrayed by PG as a long-time customer, because it's the only way to gauge the degree by which your complaints going forward would be colored by that experience. Therefore, at this point, it's quite evident that trying to convince you to approve of something that you will undoubtedly disapprove of at all costs is going to be nothing more than an exercise in futility. The question that you ask again is one that I've already answered, to my complete satisfaction, in previous responses to you. Of course I could indulge you with another response by simply copying and pasting those previous responses, but I'd rather spare the Forum readers from having to relive a conversation that we've already had several times before.

. . . You're welcome, Forum.
Rank: D-Class Racing License
 2 users liked this post.
#1255 Posted : Thursday, March 19, 2020 4:31:16 PM(UTC)
This feature needs to go. Now.

When the Horizon Playlists first came out, they were branded as a new way to play. That is major baloney. We've been doing the same tasks over and over again ever since they first came out. All this did was turn the game into a mindless grind, jumping through the same hoops each season. This isn't fun. This is just a mindless grind.

Quote:
But no one's forcing you to do it.

You're right. No one is actually forcing me to play these events. No one is holding a gun to my head saying "If you don't do the Trial, I'm going to kill you and your family". But the problem is that the Playlists are still shoved into your face. As much as someone tries to avoid doing the events they don't like, they just can't shake the feeling that they're missing out on something. It doesn't help that everytime you start the game up, you get taken to the Festival Playlists with the percentages and rewards thrust in your face. It's like an annoying pop-up ad on the computer.

Quote:
But it's only one car.

The thing is, games are meant to be completed, and many gamers are, by nature, completionists. Think back to when games didn't have DLC, live services, or any form of post-release content. Didn't you want to complete the game and experience everything? Heck, look at Forza Motorsport 2. You get a secret achievement for owning every car in the game. Keep in mind, that not everyone was here from launch, so for many people, those Trials or Playground Games may be their first opportunity to get whatever car is locked behind those modes. So no, it's not just one car. It's part of a package that people paid for.

So please Playground Games, take it back to the way things were before. Let people pick and choose what events they want to do without feeling incomplete.
Rank: Racing Legend
#1256 Posted : Thursday, March 19, 2020 9:12:13 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: The Last Flight Go to Quoted Post
This feature needs to go. Now.

When the Horizon Playlists first came out, they were branded as a new way to play. That is major baloney. We've been doing the same tasks over and over again ever since they first came out. All this did was turn the game into a mindless grind, jumping through the same hoops each season. This isn't fun. This is just a mindless grind.

Quote:
But no one's forcing you to do it.

You're right. No one is actually forcing me to play these events. No one is holding a gun to my head saying "If you don't do the Trial, I'm going to kill you and your family". But the problem is that the Playlists are still shoved into your face. As much as someone tries to avoid doing the events they don't like, they just can't shake the feeling that they're missing out on something. It doesn't help that everytime you start the game up, you get taken to the Festival Playlists with the percentages and rewards thrust in your face. It's like an annoying pop-up ad on the computer.

Quote:
But it's only one car.

The thing is, games are meant to be completed, and many gamers are, by nature, completionists. Think back to when games didn't have DLC, live services, or any form of post-release content. Didn't you want to complete the game and experience everything? Heck, look at Forza Motorsport 2. You get a secret achievement for owning every car in the game. Keep in mind, that not everyone was here from launch, so for many people, those Trials or Playground Games may be their first opportunity to get whatever car is locked behind those modes. So no, it's not just one car. It's part of a package that people paid for.

So please Playground Games, take it back to the way things were before. Let people pick and choose what events they want to do without feeling incomplete.


wont happen anytime soon , if ever at all
it's the sign of the times
move on or get left behind
The game is 18 months old..not likely to change until it goes end of life

Edited by user Thursday, March 19, 2020 11:00:14 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: Driver's Permit
 3 users liked this post.
#1257 Posted : Thursday, March 19, 2020 10:00:59 PM(UTC)
[Mod Edit - removed. If you have an issue, report it to a moderator. - MM]

Edited by user Tuesday, March 24, 2020 7:41:34 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: D-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#1258 Posted : Saturday, March 21, 2020 11:26:58 AM(UTC)
[Mod Edit - removed. If you have an issue, report it to a moderator. - MM]

Edited by user Tuesday, March 24, 2020 7:41:27 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: Driver's Permit
#1259 Posted : Saturday, March 21, 2020 10:39:42 PM(UTC)
On a more on-topic note, I'm willing to bet my rarest car that a lot of complaints stem from the multiplayer events. If they weren't part of the playlist, we likely would only get a fraction of complaints.

I personally enjoyed the single player championships. They've encouraged me to use cars and explore classes that I wouldn't typically use. It's a nice diversion from sitting in a hypercar all the time.

Multiplayer, however, is a different story. Even before the Playlists, multiplayer events were a cesspool of rammers, wallriders, dive bombers, leeches, and people who just can't drive. As a result, many people avoided multiplayer like the plague. But now when the Playlists rolled in, multiplayer became a significant part of the percentages. I felt it too, the number of bad drivers seemed to increase since you have to do multiplayer to get the rewards. No, you don't have to do everything, but you need to do one multiplayer mode for 80%, and even doing one can feel torturous due to the factors I mentioned earlier. Funnily enough, this takes me back to my schooling days where the teacher gave us the dreaded group project and assigned the partners for us. There was always that one guy who didn't contribute at all and tried to get carried by the others for an A. But in Forza Horizon 4, it seems like all of your teammates are that guy.
51 Pages<<495051Prev

Notification

Icon
Error