This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
51 Pages<<495051Prev
 1 user liked this post.
#1251 Posted : Monday, December 2, 2019 7:13:07 AM(UTC)
TL:DR
is there a summarised version ? ;)
#1252 Posted : Monday, December 2, 2019 10:48:01 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Lowe0 Go to Quoted Post
I've been discussing the playlist change in this thread since the week it went live. What could I possibly have been comparing it to other than the release build?

Uh, maybe that you were comparing it to how things were in previous Horizon games and why that was better than Horizon 4?! Because that's how I interpreted your responses given the information that you provided me.

Anyway, the exact timing of when PG made the changes doesn't actually affect my position on anything we talked about. However, it does serve to be the missing piece of information that finally helps me to understand why you've been so hostile toward PG. All. This. Time. And that is what I've been trying to figure out from our conversations. Mystery solved.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
====================

Game Review: ALL TALK, NO ANSWERS

I think I deserve some serious Xbox Achievement points for cracking the code to why the main character was so angry and disgruntled at PG. It was the worst game I've ever played. Insipid story line. Sparse and cryptic dialogue. Circular discussion. Absent character development. Unrewarding plot twist of an ending. Basically a totally uninspiring experience and complete waste of time. In final: I don't recommend this game.

Overall Rating: 0 of 5. Progressive Gameplay Rating: ๐Ÿ˜. . . ๐Ÿ˜’. . . ๐Ÿ˜ !!!

====================
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

can we get back to the actual topic - the replacement of a less-restrictive endgame reward mechanism with a more restrictive one, and how it's a regression from PG's purported design principle of "freedom"?

You nutz?!!! Heck no! I ain't playinโ€™ this game again!!!

2 users liked this post.
#1253 Posted : Tuesday, December 3, 2019 5:00:48 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: seanbil Go to Quoted Post
I've been discussing the playlist change in this thread since the week it went live. What could I possibly have been comparing it to other than the release build?

Uh, maybe that you were comparing it to how things were in previous Horizon games and why that was better than Horizon 4?! Because that's how I interpreted your responses given the information that you provided me.

Anyway, the exact timing of when PG made the changes doesn't actually affect my position on anything we talked about. However, it does serve to be the missing piece of information that finally helps me to understand why you've been so hostile toward PG. All. This. Time. And that is what I've been trying to figure out from our conversations. Mystery solved.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
====================

Game Review: ALL TALK, NO ANSWERS

I think I deserve some serious Xbox Achievement points for cracking the code to why the main character was so angry and disgruntled at PG. It was the worst game I've ever played. Insipid story line. Sparse and cryptic dialogue. Circular discussion. Absent character development. Unrewarding plot twist of an ending. Basically a totally uninspiring experience and complete waste of time. In final: I don't recommend this game.

Overall Rating: 0 of 5. Progressive Gameplay Rating: ๐Ÿ˜. . . ๐Ÿ˜’. . . ๐Ÿ˜ !!!

====================
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

can we get back to the actual topic - the replacement of a less-restrictive endgame reward mechanism with a more restrictive one, and how it's a regression from PG's purported design principle of "freedom"?

You nutz?!!! Heck no! I ain't playinโ€™ this game again!!!

By any metric, you spent far more of that post talking about me than you did about the argument at hand. I would again suggest getting back on topic, so I'll ask again - in what way is this anything other than a regression from PG's previously stated design principle? We've been talking about this change for 8 months now, and I'm still waiting for a convincing argument for why this is a good thing.
#1254 Posted : Tuesday, December 3, 2019 10:44:29 PM(UTC)
By any metric, you spent far more of that post talking about me than you did about the argument at hand. I would again suggest getting back on topic, so I'll ask again - in what way is this anything other than a regression from PG's previously stated design principle? We've been talking about this change for 8 months now, and I'm still waiting for a convincing argument for why this is a good thing.

It was important to determine the manner in which you felt betrayed by PG as a long-time customer, because it's the only way to gauge the degree by which your complaints going forward would be colored by that experience. Therefore, at this point, it's quite evident that trying to convince you to approve of something that you will undoubtedly disapprove of at all costs is going to be nothing more than an exercise in futility. The question that you ask again is one that I've already answered, to my complete satisfaction, in previous responses to you. Of course I could indulge you with another response by simply copying and pasting those previous responses, but I'd rather spare the Forum readers from having to relive a conversation that we've already had several times before.

. . . You're welcome, Forum.
51 Pages<<495051Prev

Notification

Icon
Error