This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
47 Pages<<454647Prev
 1 user liked this post.
#1151 Posted : Thursday, September 5, 2019 1:25:47 AM(UTC)
love the speed traps and danger signs top 1% on all and aim for 100% playlist every week
FORZA TIER 8 10524 Driving since August 2017
looking for mature ongoing players with mic to join team #AOS
facebook.com/vanninman twitter.com/vanninman1 twitch.tv/vanninman

2 users liked this post.
#1152 Posted : Thursday, September 5, 2019 6:24:45 AM(UTC)
Won't someone think of the player engagement metrics?

For just 7 minutes a day, you can save someone's key performance indicators. ("In The Arms Of An Angel" plays in background over soft-focus footage of PowerPoint slides.)
#1153 Posted : Thursday, September 5, 2019 6:50:45 AM(UTC)
I only refuse to complete the "Playground Games" championship. All the others are fun for 3 hours every Thursday and 15-20 minutes each day after that.
2009 Mustang GT/CS #1,260 of 1,705
#231 of 315 Vapor Silver Coupes
Flowmasters BBK Headers Comp Cams
Airaid CAI PowerStop Brakes Dyno Tune 325rwhp
#1154 Posted : Thursday, September 5, 2019 7:18:00 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HIR07A Go to Quoted Post
It depends on the prizes for me. Generally I knock over the PR stunts first as they are easy % contributors to the weekly/monthly total, along with Rivals and Online Adventure (once per month). Unless the prize for the Trial or PG Games is something I don't have then I tend to ignore them (to save myself the pain of online), which means I generally have to do all the championships to get 80% - if the 80% prize is something I already have then I'll often ignore the ones I don't feel like doing (or already have the prize for) unless the monthly 80% prize is something new.

I used to skip the trial and the games too until I got burned a few series ago, stuck at 79% and denied the Bone Shaker. Since then I've grudgingly participated in the trial. Early on I was being lifted to victory only thanks to the prowess of kind teammates but I'm at the point now where I contribute to the effort or withdraw early enough so that hopefully I don't ruin it for others. I still won't do the games though, I just don't like it.
#1155 Posted : Thursday, September 5, 2019 9:40:46 AM(UTC)
I think the speed zones, speed traps, and jumps present interesting challenges compared to just racing. I do wish they'd clear out the leader boards periodically though.
 3 users liked this post.
#1156 Posted : Thursday, September 5, 2019 12:32:00 PM(UTC)
I'm stuck on that god awful drift zone. i hate drifting. Whoever thought this was a good idea for a PR stunt wants kicking in the head.
#1157 Posted : Thursday, September 5, 2019 1:20:44 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Sabre Wu1f 72 Go to Quoted Post
I'm stuck on that god awful drift zone. i hate drifting. Whoever thought this was a good idea for a PR stunt wants kicking in the head.

Used RTR #25 with an s2990 'drift' tune I found in tunes. Took 4 or 5 passes to get feel for car cause it only comes out for these events. Was hitting 95 to 100k each pass, then bam, 140k. Done.

Vice president, moderated club.
#1158 Posted : Thursday, September 5, 2019 9:15:57 PM(UTC)
Once you get some of the fastest cars and get the feel of them in terms of driving, most season objectives are almost a piece of cake. I've had no problems with every objective put in front of me so far. I still have to perfect my drifting, but the objective for the current season in that respect was no problem at all.
 1 user liked this post.
#1159 Posted : Thursday, September 5, 2019 10:40:31 PM(UTC)

It's not a tough target, I got 140k here with a far from perfect run.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEFEibak6pQ
#1160 Posted : Thursday, September 5, 2019 10:59:25 PM(UTC)
The PR stunts were easy with the Agera and Formula Drift Viper.

It's the Playground Games that are irritating. You're at the complete mercy of your teammates. At least in Trials, you can block the AI to carry whatever dead weight you have along, but if you get incompetents in Playground Games, you're screwed.

Protip: When it's super hot hatch, use the Veloster N. It's the Track-tor/Bone Shaker/Hoonigan RS200 of Seasonal Super Hot Hatch Playground Games.
 1 user liked this post.
#1161 Posted : Thursday, September 5, 2019 11:11:26 PM(UTC)
I dunno if I'm just lucky or something, but I always get paired with great teammates in pvp games and even if I don't do well myself, we are mostly victorious on first attempt.
#1162 Posted : Friday, September 6, 2019 5:03:16 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post

It's not a tough target, I got 140k here with a far from perfect run.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEFEibak6pQ

Well, drift season objectives are to be expected every now and again. I'm just glad for this occasion it wasn't in the S-Bends where I only get up to 75K at times, and on a great run over 80K. It's just trying to stay in a drift to keep my scoring run going when I'm in the straights.
#1163 Posted : Friday, September 6, 2019 8:27:35 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Grenambo Go to Quoted Post
am i the only one who only does the championships and doesn't bother with anything else? i really can't be bothered with these stupid speed traps and jumps i do not find these fun, i also hate pvp playground games cause it drags on too long

i feel like for future horizon games they need to come up with more interesting activities than speed traps and jumps....cmon devs you can do better than this

Maybe others do enjoy it?

Maybe they out number you silently instead of going on forums?

Top 100/50 on all and i keep trying to get better :)
 2 users liked this post.
#1164 Posted : Friday, September 6, 2019 10:37:56 AM(UTC)
I hate all of the seasonal forced engagement dung. Rather play the game on my terms, but we can't have that anymore.

Edited by user Friday, September 6, 2019 10:38:33 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#1165 Posted : Friday, September 6, 2019 4:06:55 PM(UTC)
I hate drifting because I basically suck at it. It took me hours to do this drifting PR stunt. I don't care if I never see another drift event or drift car again. Send it to hell where it belongs.

Also I want more car storage. I'm not prepared to sell more of my cars.
#1166 Posted : Friday, September 6, 2019 8:44:19 PM(UTC)

I've three-starred all the drift zones using the "Formula Drift" cars as is. Have you given them a try? I used either the Viper or the Corvette for the seasonal objective, I can't remember. But anyway, they're all pretty good and practically drift themselves. I say this as an noob drifter.
#1167 Posted : Saturday, September 7, 2019 7:03:46 AM(UTC)
I haven't done any playground games since they changed to 80% completion since in one simple word, playground games suck. They are pointless for the most part. The trial I suffer through since it seems no one can understand what a team is and that you don't need to slam into me because that does not help the team point total. Ususlly I play it late night and hope some of the tards drop out after the first race. When you have less than a full team it usually means an easy win.

The devs will never get that online cooperative play of any type is a dead end, people are not looking for the good of a team, their egos will not let them think beyond themselves and getting first place. They need give players the choice to play anything multiplayer as fully ghosted or regular. That way all the grievers only have each other to mess with. And don't bring in the "realism" argument, that doesn't wash in a game where you take cars worth hundreds of thousands to millions of dollars and race them cross country knocking down stone walls and trees along the way.
 1 user liked this post.
#1168 Posted : Sunday, September 8, 2019 4:05:43 PM(UTC)
Considering how easy they are and can be done in less then 3 minutes they don't bug me at all. 3 super wheels spins for 3 minutes of work is a good deal imo.
#1169 Posted : Sunday, September 8, 2019 4:11:15 PM(UTC)
Not only do I enjoy the stunts (jumps, speed traps, etc) more enjoyable than the championships, I also think they are more in the spirit of the original Horizon.

I use to enjoy the playground games, but given the number of team mates that quit early, or don't really try to do the activity, I have grown weary of the games as part of the weekly Forzathons.
#1170 Posted : Sunday, September 8, 2019 7:10:24 PM(UTC)

I'm stuck on that and the RWD championship can't finish better then 6th in the 2nd race I've tried 4 different cars guess I just suck at that race, so then im too far behind to win the championship even after winning the last race.
I suck at drifting and was just going to leave the drift one, but had a go at it last night stillhaven't mastered it but my first run was 58,000 odd and now I'm hitting 110,000 my goes so I recon I may actually get it.
 1 user liked this post.
#1171 Posted : Monday, September 9, 2019 5:10:47 PM(UTC)
As someone who can't drift at all, I suggest using the Formula Drift Viper or the Ford Drift Mustang (the purple one I think?) I've managed to three star every drift zone with these and I've also 3 starred all drift stories (something I thought I would never do). Just take off all assists and keep the car in third gear. It's a lot easier than you think with just a little practice. It's actually quite fun and addictive once you start doing it a lot.

Edited by user Monday, September 9, 2019 5:11:26 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1172 Posted : Monday, September 9, 2019 7:44:07 PM(UTC)
I hate drifting because I basically suck at it. It took me hours to do this drifting PR stunt. I don't care if I never see another drift event or drift car again. Send it to hell where it belongs.

Make it so.
#1173 Posted : Monday, September 9, 2019 9:51:43 PM(UTC)
If you're bad at drifting it's not a very easy drift zone. On the bright side, you only need 3,000 points more than the 3-star requirement in order to complete the challenge.

Now, from the top of my head, you don't need to do all of the Seasonal PR Stunts to reach 50% completion, and the other ones are very easy this time around. 50% prize for Autumn is boring as well, unless you need it for your collection. IMO the 2018 Cayenne should have been the prize, but I'm not the one calling the shots...

Edited by user Monday, September 9, 2019 9:53:11 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
#1174 Posted : Tuesday, September 10, 2019 4:26:16 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NightDriver7800 Go to Quoted Post
Now, from the top of my head, you don't need to do all of the Seasonal PR Stunts to reach 50% completion, and the other ones are very easy this time around.

Can confirm. You don't even need them all to get 80%. The remaining PR stunts and single player events is enough to get you both of the playlist prizes.

And I gotta tell ya, as bad as that RR Spotlight street race was, I would probably be still at it if I'd chosen to do the drift zone instead.
47 Pages<<454647Prev

Notification

Icon
Error