51 Pages<<4041424344>>PrevNext
Rank: S-Class Racing License
 2 users liked this post.
#1026 Posted : Friday, April 5, 2019 12:42:10 PM(UTC)
How about if you could do the same thing more than once, and have the % count each time you do it? For example, I'd rather do The Trial a second time than do the Playground Games. That would at least allow people to complete it by doing more of the things they enjoy, and would also provide really good data for PG on the popularity of different elements. They said in a livestream they'd be looking at what people do first, but that's crazy, I sometimes do elements I hate first, to get them out of the way.
Rank: D-Class Racing License
#1027 Posted : Friday, April 5, 2019 1:18:30 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: talby71 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Runoff1999 Go to Quoted Post
They seriously need to drop the 80 percent to 70 percent. Like what other players have been saying, people who don't play online (such as myself) are unable to get the 80 percent cars because they're locked behind online events (which I hear are terrible anyways). Besides that, I love the Festival Playlist. It's a clever idea that brings back a sense of progress to a game that I completed rather quickly, but I don't feel encouraged to complete everything in the Festival Playlist if some wonderful prizes (such as the BMW M3 GTR this week) are totally unattainable.


it's not as bad as you hear it is ( maybe try playing them first)
as someone posted just before you qualifying for ranked online is worth 18% and will easily push you over the 80% requirement, and all you have to do is play, no need to win, just participate, seriously how hard is that


Post removed by user.

Edited by user Sunday, January 3, 2021 12:01:02 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: A-Class Racing License
#1028 Posted : Friday, April 5, 2019 11:48:30 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: breeminator Go to Quoted Post
How about if you could do the same thing more than once, and have the % count each time you do it? For example, I'd rather do The Trial a second time than do the Playground Games. That would at least allow people to complete it by doing more of the things they enjoy, and would also provide really good data for PG on the popularity of different elements. They said in a livestream they'd be looking at what people do first, but that's crazy, I sometimes do elements I hate first, to get them out of the way.


Yeah i do weekly forzathon first because that is most boring and gives bigges amount % after that i do PR stunts because those are fastest one to complete so looking stats what people do first tells only one thing what peoples do first.
Rank: Racing Legend
 1 user liked this post.
#1029 Posted : Saturday, April 6, 2019 12:17:53 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Runoff1999 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: talby71 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Runoff1999 Go to Quoted Post
They seriously need to drop the 80 percent to 70 percent. Like what other players have been saying, people who don't play online (such as myself) are unable to get the 80 percent cars because they're locked behind online events (which I hear are terrible anyways). Besides that, I love the Festival Playlist. It's a clever idea that brings back a sense of progress to a game that I completed rather quickly, but I don't feel encouraged to complete everything in the Festival Playlist if some wonderful prizes (such as the BMW M3 GTR this week) are totally unattainable.


it's not as bad as you hear it is ( maybe try playing them first)
as someone posted just before you qualifying for ranked online is worth 18% and will easily push you over the 80% requirement, and all you have to do is play, no need to win, just participate, seriously how hard is that


I see what your saying. However, one thing I admit that I neglected to mention in my own post is that I don't have an Xbox Live account period. Believe me, I'd be willing to play the online events if I had an account. Sure, I suppose its on me then for not having an account, but the point I was trying to make is that the 80 percent requirement is unfair to those who can't play online.


you must have an xbox live account to play( you cant play the game without one) , you just don't have an xbox live gold account
xbox live gold isn't really that dear it's less than the cost of one xbox game
and if you have the Microsoft rewards program in your country you can actually get it free
it's not unfair really, most games require multiplayer these days, and if you play on PC you don't require xbox gold either

Edited by user Saturday, April 6, 2019 1:42:47 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: R-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#1030 Posted : Saturday, April 6, 2019 12:24:08 AM(UTC)
Not sure you can infer anything meaningful from what people do first. I do the PR stunts first because I personally enjoy those the most and it is usually very quick to do them. The order of the others I don't even really think about, I just do them randomly. And when I get to the 80% I stop. If PG wants to infer that this means I'm only doing the events to get the car, rather than because I enjoy them (other than the PR stunts) then I can tell them that this is correct, I would never in a million years bother to do them if there was no reward (and I wouldn't do them for wheelspins either which is why I don't do any of the Fortune Island races).

The only thing in the game I would do without any reward, because it is actually enjoyable to me in its own right and for its own sake, are PR stunts, class rivals (if it existed which it doesn't) and online racing (and by online I do not mean the trial or playground games).

Edited by user Saturday, April 6, 2019 12:27:54 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: D-Class Racing License
#1031 Posted : Saturday, April 6, 2019 3:29:33 AM(UTC)
I'm done until this garbage time-gated content is either made freaking reasonable or taken out altogether. I probably just broke my controller trying to do this **** . I'm just done.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
 2 users liked this post.
#1032 Posted : Saturday, April 6, 2019 3:33:01 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Arquibus Go to Quoted Post
I'm done until this garbage time-gated content is either made freaking reasonable or taken out altogether. I probably just broke my controller trying to do this **** . I'm just done.

What was wrong? For MP I needed to find good players and then it's easy.

Rank: D-Class Racing License
 2 users liked this post.
#1033 Posted : Saturday, April 6, 2019 6:00:18 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: breeminator Go to Quoted Post
How about if you could do the same thing more than once, and have the % count each time you do it? For example, I'd rather do The Trial a second time than do the Playground Games. That would at least allow people to complete it by doing more of the things they enjoy, and would also provide really good data for PG on the popularity of different elements. They said in a livestream they'd be looking at what people do first, but that's crazy, I sometimes do elements I hate first, to get them out of the way.

They already had a system like this. It was the Forzathon Shop. You could do the weekly and whatever dailies you wanted, and then spend the rewards, skipping either half if you don't like what's on offer that day/week. If they wanted to drive player engagement, what they should have done is:
  • Introduced the Festival Playlist UI (it's a good UI)
  • Assigned FP payouts for each item or category (points for finishing one PR Stunt, bonus points for finishing all PR Stunts for the week, more bonus points for having finished all PR Stunts in a season, etc.)
  • Expanded the Forzathon Shop with all 5 pinnacle rewards (Capri FE, 914, etc.)
  • Let players choose what they want to do to mix-and-match their way to enough points for one or more of the pinnacle rewards


But they won't do that, because people already have big FP balances - because they didn't put the pinnacle rewards into the Shop in the first place.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#1034 Posted : Saturday, April 6, 2019 6:14:40 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Lowe0 Go to Quoted Post
But they won't do that, because people already have big FP balances - because they didn't put the pinnacle rewards into the Shop in the first place.

I changed 5000+ FP points for 40 millions CR recently. So they improved it a lot.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#1035 Posted : Saturday, April 6, 2019 8:42:25 AM(UTC)
imho their objective is to put life where there is few so that it is not too obvious that some features are not much used. You know things like rivals, pg games ... same for class B challenges are just a step to deny that this class is not represented in FH4. End of the day, they have no single interest to proposing some alternatives to get the rewards, it's even the opposite.
And for people who don't have gold account, that's what those people are selling too, don't expect to have free what they try to make you buy. They have the excuse that you could get reward from AH (which is hardly the case given bots and AH prices rules).

I share that it is not fair, but they don't even know what that means.

Exactly the same reason I think they refuse class selection, they are on panic that some would get empty whereas, for now, they decide what we can play.

Edited by user Saturday, April 6, 2019 11:55:56 AM(UTC)  | Reason: typo

Rank: D-Class Racing License
#1036 Posted : Saturday, April 6, 2019 11:23:00 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: turtleCZ Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Lowe0 Go to Quoted Post
But they won't do that, because people already have big FP balances - because they didn't put the pinnacle rewards into the Shop in the first place.

I changed 5000+ FP points for 40 millions CR recently. So they improved it a lot.

As long as I have enough credits to pick up whatever car I need for the weekly Forzathon, anything over that is effectively useless - if you don't have enough, you can always wait until you do. FP are far more useful, as when a car comes up in rotation, either you have enough for it or you don't get that car.

Rank: A-Class Racing License
#1037 Posted : Saturday, April 6, 2019 12:28:13 PM(UTC)
I needed all 10 million cars and Forzathon shop offered it so it's good for me. I don't need much FP because I have almost everything there. It's my reward from the Shop :)
Rank: D-Class Racing License
#1038 Posted : Saturday, April 6, 2019 4:24:46 PM(UTC)
I posted this in the other thread relating to the same topic, I didn't see this thread until later so I am pasting it here, its more relevant

Some people hate drifting, some people hate everything but drifting, some people love racing on roads, some like dirt etc etc.
Not many people love EVERYTHING, or even 80% of everything so at some stage almost everyone will be forced into something they dislike doing.

Why cant the seasons have 4 categories and you complete whichever category your interested in?
Break it up into a category for road racing, one for off road, one for games & pr stunts and one for drifting.
Have 4 or 5 main events in each category plus a few chores for the week.

This would enable the challenges to be much harder because when your doing something you enjoy the bar can be set much higher rather than making the goals low so inexperienced people have a chance.
How it is now with mediocre skill levels across the board would appeal to the average player but leave newbies out of their depth and experienced players bored and also force players with certain likes and dislikes being forced to do something not fun for them.

I only like drifting, those challenges are too easy for someone who drifts most of the time but cant be made harder due to everyone else having a chance so for me its boring.
The racing events are a challenge for me but I don't like racing so I have to either do something I dislike or miss out .

Sure it would require more effort to set up, but it would be a quality product that appealed to each person and there would be nothing to complain about - they may even get some love on the forum.

Rank: A-Class Racing License
#1039 Posted : Saturday, April 6, 2019 8:46:04 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Evil Brain Go to Quoted Post
I posted this in the other thread relating to the same topic, I didn't see this thread until later so I am pasting it here, its more relevant

Some people hate drifting, some people hate everything but drifting, some people love racing on roads, some like dirt etc etc.
Not many people love EVERYTHING, or even 80% of everything so at some stage almost everyone will be forced into something they dislike doing.

Why cant the seasons have 4 categories and you complete whichever category your interested in?
Break it up into a category for road racing, one for off road, one for games & pr stunts and one for drifting.
Have 4 or 5 main events in each category plus a few chores for the week.

This would enable the challenges to be much harder because when your doing something you enjoy the bar can be set much higher rather than making the goals low so inexperienced people have a chance.
How it is now with mediocre skill levels across the board would appeal to the average player but leave newbies out of their depth and experienced players bored and also force players with certain likes and dislikes being forced to do something not fun for them.

I only like drifting, those challenges are too easy for someone who drifts most of the time but cant be made harder due to everyone else having a chance so for me its boring.
The racing events are a challenge for me but I don't like racing so I have to either do something I dislike or miss out .

Sure it would require more effort to set up, but it would be a quality product that appealed to each person and there would be nothing to complain about - they may even get some love on the forum.

because that's not the objective, the objective is avoiding some game features to have poor stats relative to number of players. Less players on a feature is failure for people having worked on it, less players possibly promoting feature to potential buyers, even possibly players indicating FH4 is going down with not enough players / always same players to have online play. Just try to play online multiplayer blizzard on FH3, it's desert.

Rank: Driver's License
 1 user liked this post.
#1040 Posted : Saturday, April 6, 2019 11:02:52 PM(UTC)
The playlist is not a bad feature for allowing players to track what they have finished in a certain week or month and how much they still need/want to do.

However, I think the playlist should be adjustable in the same way as the difficulty settings. There should be a menu where players are able to tweak the playlist by adding and removing specific parts. The more you add, the higher the rewards for finishing 50% and 100% of your self-compiled playlist. Rewards should be CR, FP and (super) wheelspins, not (timed exclusive) cars.

For instance, at the beginning of the monthly series, all parts of the playlist are activated. Each individual part can be deactivated and reactivated at any time. This means you can make it very easy on yourself by deactivating most parts, but rewards will be much lower and can only be received once a week/month, just like it is now. This feature would mostly be used to deactivate parts you do not want to do, parts you missed due to holidays or other real life stuff, or parts that you did try but were too hard to finish and you lost interest.

If you deactivate 20% of the playlist, rewards would be lowered by 20%, so a reward of 1000 FP for completing 100% of the series would become 800 FP instead. If only 50% of the playlist is activated, you would get something like 5 wheelspins for completing 100% of autumn, instead of 10 wheelspins.

Of course, to prevent people from accidentally deactivating too much parts of the playlist and wasting rewards (in case you may decide to reactivate them later for higher rewards), there should be some kind of pop-up warning upon saving your changes that it will make you reach 50%/100% somewhere in the playlist and any associated rewards will be paid out if you decide to continue.
Rank: Racing Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#1041 Posted : Sunday, April 7, 2019 8:05:28 AM(UTC)
Well.. I am stuck at 79%. I can't get the BMW M3 because of the EXTREMELY boring adventure events that dont connect because matchmaking takes forever. That playlist system is a real Pain. I have paid for all them car already and you locking them behind walls. Remove all of that and give me my cars.
Why no petition ? when It need to happen
Rank: Racing Legend
 2 users liked this post.
#1042 Posted : Sunday, April 7, 2019 3:03:11 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: EJ1 TURB0 Go to Quoted Post
Well.. I am stuck at 79%. I can't get the BMW M3 because of the EXTREMELY boring adventure events that dont connect because matchmaking takes forever. That playlist system is a real Pain. I have paid for all them car already and you locking them behind walls. Remove all of that and give me my cars.


You have 3 or 4 days of dailies to get that 1% you need..they are 1% each
Btw you havent paid for them already..you got everything you paid for at release...
Would you prefer they put them in paid dlc rather than giving you the opportunity to easily get them for free
Rank: Driver's License
#1043 Posted : Monday, April 8, 2019 12:25:46 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: talby71 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: EJ1 TURB0 Go to Quoted Post
Well.. I am stuck at 79%. I can't get the BMW M3 because of the EXTREMELY boring adventure events that dont connect because matchmaking takes forever. That playlist system is a real Pain. I have paid for all them car already and you locking them behind walls. Remove all of that and give me my cars.

Btw you havent paid for them already..you got everything you paid for at release...
Would you prefer they put them in paid dlc rather than giving you the opportunity to easily get them for free

Exactly. Plus, I have to say, with some patience and speed, I have managed to get EVERY car of this month (yes, including the two BMWs last night) in the auction house. So, everyone complaining, just try the auction house but be patient.

I'm not saying it's the best solution, but it's a solution.
Rank: Racing Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#1044 Posted : Monday, April 8, 2019 7:55:00 AM(UTC)
With some patience and speed ? What ? I dont have the time to grind 15 event of useless same thing over and over again.. for 1 single car. Stop defending them. Nobody asked for that type of Event. They are multiple things they should bring back from previous game instead of coming with this non-senses
Why no petition ? when It need to happen
Rank: R-Class Racing License
#1045 Posted : Monday, April 8, 2019 8:17:23 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: EJ1 TURB0 Go to Quoted Post
With some patience and speed ? What ? I dont have the time to grind 15 event of useless same thing over and over again.. for 1 single car. Stop defending them. Nobody asked for that type of Event. They are multiple things they should bring back from previous game instead of coming with this non-senses


He said he got all the cars from this month in the auction house, ie. you don't need to do the events at all to get them.
Rank: Racing Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#1046 Posted : Monday, April 8, 2019 8:33:34 AM(UTC)
Even worse.. Good luck with that.
Why no petition ? when It need to happen
Rank: D-Class Racing License
#1047 Posted : Monday, April 8, 2019 10:12:05 AM(UTC)
So, no fixes for the playlist in Update 8? Disappointing.
Rank: Racing Legend
#1048 Posted : Monday, April 8, 2019 1:55:03 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Supermax1 Go to Quoted Post
Cant stand the new update, I go through and play all the challenges but do not get any credit(not completed)still shows up at the end of the racing. Why did I pay for the DLC pack when nothing new is going on it? Don't know why you had to go and mess with a good thing. Somebody's britches got to big.


What

The car pass ended over a month ago
You got everything that it included
The playlist is giving you free cars at no extra cost..other than a little bit of effort

You need to do the championships at expert difficulty as you always were required to
Rank: Driver's Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#1049 Posted : Monday, April 8, 2019 4:54:52 PM(UTC)
Festival Playlist has easily been the most controversial addition to Forza Horizon 4, if not the Horizon series as a whole. Playground Games listened to us when we expressed our anger at the requirement of 100% completion for the season's second car, but demanding 80% completion from players still isn't good enough. In fact, lowering the bar to 80% only allows players looking to reach the goal to skip one of a season's event. What needs to happen is something this:


Lower the percentage for the second car in each season as well as the overall series to 70%. This will allow everyone to obtain each car regardless of whether or not they have Xbox Live Gold.

Ensure prize cars won from specific events are only available to be won in non-multiplayer events, such as this past autumn's Rail Yard Rumble (a single player cross-country championship). Again, this is to prevent players who do not have Xbox Live Gold from missing out on exclusive or hard to find cars.

For those that do complete the online-only events, have stretch goals for the season/series' overall percentage. I suggest 2 super wheelspins and 125,000 CR for each event completed on top of the prizes their completion already give.


Forza is my all-time favourite racing game franchise and I hate to see it be taken down this path. I have hope that we, the community, can encourage the developers to implement the changes we want to see, and The devs seem to be the type to listen. Heck, Turn 10 even ended up removing the loot boxes from Forza Motorsport 7 and completely reworked the way that content was delivered to the players! I and many others hope to see this major flaw in Horizon 4 corrected and I eagerly encourage anyone to add to the ideas I presented in this thread, here's hoping for the best!
Rank: Driver's License
 2 users liked this post.
#1050 Posted : Tuesday, April 9, 2019 2:09:12 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: JurassicJoeDawg Go to Quoted Post
The biggest contributor to the playlist, qualify for online adventure, doesn't even need to you win, you just participate. So why do you even care about the environment? Sit there at the starting line and just move your steering wheel every 60 seconds, so you don't lag out for inactivity. Rinse and repeat 10 times, and you are done.... I don't recommend doing that in TEAM adventure racing or games because you are hurting other people's experience but in FFA, which is the fastest event to get into and doesn't need 12 out of 12 to start an event, you only affect yourself, so who cares?


That totally remedies my predicament in its entirety, thank you so much! Now, instead of actually having fun in a video game as intended, I get the extreme pleasure of sitting in front of my TV for 2+ hours through 30 races and 20 free roam rushes turning the wheel every 60 seconds or so. What’s better is that even though I’m technically afk I still have to sit there attentively the entire time, unable to do absolutely anything else in fear of overshooting that time and being kicked out for inactivity.

What joy! What a rush! What a crock of ****. That wasting a good chunk of my time in a mode I don’t at all enjoy doing something I absolutely enjoy even less (sitting around doing nothing except pushing my joystick in a given direction every minute) is somehow an acceptable workaround to the incredibly shortsighted decision by PG to hide rewards behind a couple of multiplayer modes they know suck (otherwise why would they have to push them this hard) is laughable at best.

Anecdotally, it took me almost 20 minutes to complete my first ranked adventure because one of the tracks was Marathon. The one race I did try to compete (to counter the undeniable boredom) I was rammed in a corner 3 times and pushed out of a checkpoint twice. Based on that, I could be turning my wheel up to 200 times in 200 minutes just to qualify and get my 18% and I would either have to be incredibly bored, or endure extreme toxicity.

Totes worth! /s

Edited by user Tuesday, April 9, 2019 4:54:21 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

51 Pages<<4041424344>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error