51 Pages<<3839404142>>PrevNext
 2 users liked this post.
#976 Posted : Saturday, March 30, 2019 5:36:15 PM(UTC)
Got the Capri. Umm.. Why the hype for this car?
#977 Posted : Saturday, March 30, 2019 5:40:29 PM(UTC)
^^ Because for the most part it is made from unobtaniaum. lol

I got mine today, as well. I ran it once and promptly returned it to the garage. I probably should drain the oil and over inflate the tires as it will be in storage for quite some time.

Edited by user Saturday, March 30, 2019 5:41:55 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#978 Posted : Saturday, March 30, 2019 9:10:48 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RetroKrystal Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: gamer1000k Go to Quoted Post
What's interesting about this is that RetroKrystal repeatedly said that the update should allow players without gold to get the cars (implying that multiplayer was not required) until she was corrected by the players who had actually done the math.

Not sure how much we can read into this, but it makes me think that there was some internal discussion on making it possible to get everything without needing to do multiplayer. Either way, hopefully there will be more changes in the future.

I said it once, realized I had said it incorrectly and edited my post accordingly.
You can see this is you go back a page.

Yes, there is an issue regarding players without Xbox Gold being able to fully complete. But we are a multiplayer game that require Xbox Gold. Like many other multiplayer games.

However, this is something we're discussing and looking into.

Your telling me that you're gonna keep it 80% for us to do multiplayer events.

It's not just a multiplayer game when it can be offline/without Gold.

I hope you learned your lesson.
#979 Posted : Sunday, March 31, 2019 12:11:52 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HixBot Go to Quoted Post

Exactly, I got a Capri in the auction early on around the time festival Island came out. I drove around in it a few times and it's been in the garage since.

With the playlist I now have a another one to keep it company.

Almost all the rare cars are average at best.
#980 Posted : Sunday, March 31, 2019 3:25:17 AM(UTC)
I think the vast majority of cars are only driven around a few times. It’s only a few that get a lot of attention building, tuning and racing. You can lay much of that blame on the lack of rivals. Lack of championships also. Mostly the lack of time to use them all.

Even the ones that do get that attention get left in the garage for long spells. On the occasion of a B class classic muscle or an A class saloons championship etc. I have cars ready to go.
 2 users liked this post.
#981 Posted : Sunday, March 31, 2019 3:58:02 AM(UTC)
The players don't like playing online, not because the rewards are unattractive, but because the experience is uncomfortable and frustrating.
What Playground Games has to do is to first resolve the frustrations that users currently have with online play. It's not about tying online play to attractive rewards, nor for adding new drift adventures.

On the other hand, the fact that online play is linked to attractive rewards encourages such bad situations. Specifically, they are non-proactive players, the presence of players who even interfere with the team's victory, and the annoying players who gain "a sense of accomplishment" only by making others fail.

Unless there is a reform that eliminates or detoxifies these things, many players will not think that they will join GOLD Members to participate in online play.

The players discussed in this forum are still passionate about this game. But more than that, if more players feel uncomfortable, they will only leave without launching the game again. They may want to do GTS with PS4.

If Forza Horizon 4 calls it an "online game", the basic online play system itself will need major improvements.
Improvements as done by Motorsports may be one way. Alternatively, it may be better to just make it a ghost when your ally's car approaches in Co-Op play, or it may be a way to eliminate players who are not actively playing from the race.

I think the frustration with Festival Playlist can be summarized in two.
One is the frustration with existing online play after all.
The second is the difference in recognition as to why there is a game. PGs are aware that Horizon 4 is an "on-line game," but my perception is that it is a complete "packaged software."

If there is no improvement on these two points, the discussion here will continue forever. Or until They give up and everyone leaves this game.

Blog: OPC Diary | @ishisaka
 1 user liked this post.
#982 Posted : Sunday, March 31, 2019 5:41:14 AM(UTC)
So sick of being forced to run trials with noobs.
Ran it twice yesterday. First run, me in first, 5 teammates over 15 seconds behind all AI cars. Quit, try again.
Second run, 2 decent drivers. I block for them, we finish 1-2-3 in 2 of 3 races (in the other, one of them missed a checkpoint at the end and we lost). The other 3 people finish last in all 3 races, never even reaching the finish.
How about kicking people out of the trial if they fail to reach the finish in an event?
Then they can't drag down their team for the rest of the event. As it is, if I want to run the trial efficiently, I do it in the middle of the night when I'm most likely to have fewer teammates.
#983 Posted : Sunday, March 31, 2019 5:47:43 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HixBot Go to Quoted Post

It is no mystery that Capri FE is not a car for clean playing, low on brakes, low on handling and max power, that's typical 'FH4 master' car.
 4 users liked this post.
User is suspended until 2/11/2047 4:23:37 AM(UTC)
#984 Posted : Sunday, March 31, 2019 5:51:28 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CosyKitten80950 Go to Quoted Post
Ran it twice yesterday. First run, me in first, 5 teammates over 15 seconds behind all AI cars. Quit, try again.
Second run, 2 decent drivers. I block for them, we finish 1-2-3 in 2 of 3 races (in the other, one of them missed a checkpoint at the end and we lost). The other 3 people finish last in all 3 races, never even reaching the finish.
How about kicking people out of the trial if they fail to reach the finish in an event?
Then they can't drag down their team for the rest of the event. As it is, if I want to run the trial efficiently, I do it in the middle of the night when I'm most likely to have fewer teammates.

Ya know, when I first started playing trials, I was THAT guy, generally unable to even finish before that clock counted down.

Now I'm the guy that 90% of my races I take first overall. Doubt I would have this improvement had the game kicked me out.
#985 Posted : Sunday, March 31, 2019 6:38:51 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CRracer 912 Go to Quoted Post
snip

Ya know, when I first started playing trials, I was THAT guy, generally unable to even finish before that clock counted down.

Now I'm the guy that 90% of my races I take first overall. Doubt I would have this improvement had the game kicked me out.

Pretty much the same here, except that I am not finishing first yet. I now can finish in the middle of the pack, which is quite an improvement.

Edited by user Wednesday, April 3, 2019 9:01:02 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#986 Posted : Sunday, March 31, 2019 7:52:21 AM(UTC)

So to make playlist even more harder in casual players. I can imagine completing 80% of playlist is allready hard many casual players and kicking of people in trials would make that just even harder for them. That dont sound right direction.

Wanna get trial done easily, do trial with group of friends or club members or dont do it all nobody dont force you.
#987 Posted : Sunday, March 31, 2019 3:30:58 PM(UTC)
Hi, I’m just wanting to find out if Online Adventure counts towards your seasonal completion? And if so how much does it affect the score because I’ve done everything I possibly can for Winter except qualify for the Online Adventure and I’m sitting at 79% completion for the season

Thanks for any help
#988 Posted : Sunday, March 31, 2019 3:47:26 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Cryptex 138 Go to Quoted Post
Hi, I’m just wanting to find out if Online Adventure counts towards your seasonal completion? And if so how much does it affect the score because I’ve done everything I possibly can for Winter except qualify for the Online Adventure and I’m sitting at 79% completion for the season

Thanks for any help

Yep it does and it counts for 18%....still 3 or 4 days of dailies too
#989 Posted : Sunday, March 31, 2019 4:03:59 PM(UTC)
It counts as 18%.
#990 Posted : Sunday, March 31, 2019 4:22:50 PM(UTC)
Damn, that’s a huge portion. Do you only have to get a rank and then you’re all good? Say like Rank 20?
 2 users liked this post.
#991 Posted : Sunday, March 31, 2019 4:48:50 PM(UTC)
Yes, play unranked to level 3 to unlock ranked, then play 10 rounds to get a ranking, that will last you for all 4 seasons. Next season just do one round to get a ranking and you're done.

Best thing is, of those 10 rounds, win or lose it counts.
#992 Posted : Sunday, March 31, 2019 5:32:45 PM(UTC)
Oh good. Can’t stand online play, 9 times out of 10 I’m put in with nothing but dirty racers or people who don’t understand the concept of “team” aha

Edited by user Sunday, March 31, 2019 5:34:40 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#993 Posted : Wednesday, April 3, 2019 8:55:23 AM(UTC)
Just would like to share my subjective Festival Playlist experience (as a casual player, who don’t mind grinding a bit, but have major difficulties scoring 3-star in drift zones/stunts as well as playing MP in general). Once the new Festival Playlist was introduced, I was really disappointed and decided that I won't go higher than 50%. So, that's how I played for the first two Festival Playlist seasons: Summer and Autumn. I was stopping right above 50% (knowing in advance, that it will be reduced to 80% would help me a lot now). Now, once they've reduced a requirement to 80%, I've decided to try hitting that 80% for festival playlist requirement for the main prize - pretty much useless Capri FE.
After spending a weekend playing (I was never playing online adventure in FH before), I would say that it's not that bad after all. Most of the times I was able to find a team adventure session in 5-10 minutes, however, twice, I was waiting for about 45-60 minutes to just get 12/12 players accepted. So now I hate numbers 10/12 and 11/12. As for the adventure challenge itself, the satisfying part of it, is that you don't need to WIN it, just need to COMPLETE it.

However, there are few things which I found really challenging/annoying. I'll try to go from the most annoying to the least annoying:

1. Playground games - Zombies/Infected, etc. - it needs to be moved away from the playlist somewhere in the separate grayed out tab which is disabled by default. It's a very time-consuming freak show that has nothing to do with the racing at all. Takes tons of time, mostly based on luck and pretty stupid. If they want to keep it in the playlist, they have to reduce it from 5 max rounds to 3 max rounds as well as change the requirement from WIN to COMPLETE. I’ve tried it a few times, pretty much lost all of them due to the bad luck with the team and lack of my own skill, and don’t even going there anymore.

2. Trial with Unbeatable drivatars - Pure luck of being seeded with the right set of players in the team. Again, PG should reduce it from 5 max rounds to 3 max rounds as well as change the requirement from WIN to COMPLETE.

3. PR Stunts - some of the seasonal stunts are really hard to beat (at least for most of the players). Why don't you mark it as completed after scoring 2-stars and award wheelspin for 3-stars, as well as super wheelspin for seasonal objective?

So, now I'm still sitting at 65% in Festival (online adventure is ranked & Rivals challenge is completed) and I'm not sure whether I'll be able to get the remaining 15 points during the upcoming Spring season. I think that PG should really drop the requirement to 60% or 65%, to make sure that the players without XBOX Live subscription (I really feel bad about the way PG is treating such players in terms of Forzathon points and Festival Playlist completion) are able to win the main prize. Or, why not provide a possibility to complete the same challenge multiple times, that players w/o XBOX Live subscription can at least grind offline events in order to reach 80%?
#994 Posted : Wednesday, April 3, 2019 9:03:58 AM(UTC)
There's 19% left in the series, HPSWORK, so there is plenty to get you up to 80% total.

People keep bringing up people without Xbox Live. Let me give you a hard truth, nobody cares about people who don't play online anymore. It's 2019, internet access is widely available, there's multiple ways to get Live subscriptions. This is where gaming has been headed for over 20 years; if people want to bury their heads in the sand, that's their business but the industry is going to ignore them.
 2 users liked this post.
#995 Posted : Wednesday, April 3, 2019 9:11:34 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HPSWORK Go to Quoted Post

3. PR Stunts - some of the seasonal stunts are really hard to beat (at least for most of the players). Why don't you mark it as completed after scoring 2-stars and award wheelspin for 3-stars, as well as super wheelspin for seasonal objective?

I hope they don't make them any easier, I think most of them are far too easy already.
#996 Posted : Wednesday, April 3, 2019 9:20:09 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post

I hope they don't make them any easier, I think most of them are far too easy already.

Please read my post once again, I'm not talking about making PR stunts easier. I'm talking about the way completion is awarded. In what I'm proposing, you are still going to get a better prize for working harder on the challenge. And for hardcore masters like you, there is always a stunt leaderboard available. Why don't you try to become first in there, that's not going to be that easy anymore.
#997 Posted : Wednesday, April 3, 2019 9:24:23 AM(UTC)

They really should present very little challenge for most people, provided they use the right car. I ran through the 3 stunts this week in the Mosler and achieved the seasonal objective first time for all of them. Okay, some people might find it hard to take the left and right bends for the 2nd stunt at the speed I do here, but I'm way over the seasonal objective speed at the speed camera, so the bends can be taken quite a bit slower while still hitting the seasonal objective. If you don't already have the Mosler, it's available cheaply from the AH.

https://youtu.be/Ttm9Vv0YXmE?t=517
 1 user liked this post.
#998 Posted : Wednesday, April 3, 2019 9:45:48 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: breeminator Go to Quoted Post

They really should present very little challenge for most people, provided they use the right car. I ran through the 3 stunts this week in the Mosler and achieved the seasonal objective first time for all of them. Okay, some people might find it hard to take the left and right bends for the 2nd stunt at the speed I do here, but I'm way over the seasonal objective speed at the speed camera, so the bends can be taken quite a bit slower while still hitting the seasonal objective. If you don't already have the Mosler, it's available cheaply from the AH.

https://youtu.be/Ttm9Vv0YXmE?t=517

Yes, as I said before, only some of them are really hard, and this season was pretty normal. But last season's speed trap was pretty hard (even with Mosler) and then, the drift ones are usually extreme (and Mosler won't help me there).

1 user liked this post.
#999 Posted : Wednesday, April 3, 2019 10:10:47 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post

Please read my post once again, I'm not talking about making PR stunts easier. I'm talking about the way completion is awarded. In what I'm proposing, you are still going to get a better prize for working harder on the challenge. And for hardcore masters like you, there is always a stunt leaderboard available. Why don't you try to become first in there, that's not going to be that easy anymore.

That is what I meant. To me, allowing you to 'complete' it as far as the playlist is concerned, by getting 2-stars is far too easy.

I'm no hardcore master, just someone who is decently competent at the game. There are usually tens or hundreds of thousands of people ahead of me on the leaderboards, even if I exceed the seasonal targets substantially. That shows you how low the bar is set currently.
 2 users liked this post.
#1000 Posted : Wednesday, April 3, 2019 10:23:32 AM(UTC)
Just would like to share my subjective Festival Playlist experience (as a casual player, who don’t mind grinding a bit, [snip, snip snip]

1. Playground games - Zombies/Infected, etc. - it needs to be moved away from the playlist [...]

2. Trial with Unbeatable drivatars - Pure luck of being seeded with the right set of players in the team. Again, PG should reduce it from 5 max rounds to 3 max rounds as well as change the requirement from WIN to COMPLETE. [...]

3. PR Stunts - some of the seasonal stunts are really hard to beat [...]

Let's see:
1. There has never been an emphasis on race only in the Horizon games. I do not see being rewarded for Playground Games any different than being rewarded for any of the other skillls such as Wreckage, Landscaping, hitting snowmen, postal boxes or trash bins, air skills, etc etc. In fact, while maybe a completely different topic, I don't see being rewarded for drift chains as racing either. So, that argument doesn't hold water.

2. I will agree that it is pure luck as to the team you are assigned to but I have yet to have this task take much more than 30 min. I see no need to change it, either.

3. Well, yeah. If you don't practice these skills they are hard until you learn how. Again no need to change.

Further on, I very much enjoy the challenge of all of these weekly events. My only concern early on with the 100% was the fact that the daily events may not be possible to do due to network outages, family commitments, etc. But now that they have lowered it to 80% I see no issue at all.

Pending my ability to get online to finish today's last daily event, this will mark 3 straight weeks of 100%. AND, I am not all that good, probably average overall with some things being quite easy for me (Danger jumps) and others (drift zones) being more difficult. As far as racing, the higher the class, the more likely I will need to race at the above average setting in order to be successful. I am good at figuring out how to do the events in a reasonable amount of time, often thinking outside the box.

I cannot imagine achieving 80%, much less 50% of these events being any easier, short of starting up the game and automatically receiving the rewards.

Part of why I have always considered the Forza series to be great value for money is that the game has enough to keep me engaged for a long period of time and that I am not able to finish the game in a week or so.

One final point to consider: The completion of the weekly Festival activities is purely optional. It is not required for advancement in the game (achievements, leveling, etc) nor it it tied to the Tier Levels in anyway. For me, as one who has completed all the achievements (except 1 drift zone on the mainland and and three or so on the Island), these weekly activities give me something to look forward to each week.

Edited by user Wednesday, April 3, 2019 10:36:52 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

51 Pages<<3839404142>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error