51 Pages<<3132333435>>PrevNext
Rank: Racing Legend
#801 Posted : Sunday, March 24, 2019 12:21:18 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FM sheep Go to Quoted Post
Do I have to still get 100% this week for the GTO or it will be patched later this week? I only get playground game left but I seriously hate it (FH1 give me so much more fun than this)


nope you only need 80% , it will backdated so if you only got 81% last week you will get the porsche too
Rank: S-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#802 Posted : Sunday, March 24, 2019 12:47:07 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Evil Brain Go to Quoted Post
I would like to see the drifting and PR stunts be increased to the same level of insane difficulty as the PVP stuff, make the target almost double the 3 stars and let those who like it have something to aim for.

Make all the major events events impossible level and only one or two of those impossible events mandatory for the month so we can have fun working toward a goal in an area we enjoy for ourselves - why force non-drifters to drift or non-racers to race? its just going to annoy everyone at some point.


The day that happens, I stop playing the weekly seasonals.

Not even because of disappointment or to make a stand or anything. But because there's literally zero chance of me getting any of the rewards. So why bother loading the game each week?
Rank: D-Class Racing License
#803 Posted : Sunday, March 24, 2019 4:28:39 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Zeem Frostmaw Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Evil Brain Go to Quoted Post
I would like to see the drifting and PR stunts be increased to the same level of insane difficulty as the PVP stuff, make the target almost double the 3 stars and let those who like it have something to aim for.

Make all the major events events impossible level and only one or two of those impossible events mandatory for the month so we can have fun working toward a goal in an area we enjoy for ourselves - why force non-drifters to drift or non-racers to race? its just going to annoy everyone at some point.


The day that happens, I stop playing the weekly seasonals.

Not even because of disappointment or to make a stand or anything. But because there's literally zero chance of me getting any of the rewards. So why bother loading the game each week?


Well Evil, I think that's a terrible idea and I do wonder if you're living under a bridge.

The PVP events do not have an insane level of difficulty.
For the trial the team just need to finish in the middle of the pack, you don't all need to beat the lead DT's. I suspect one of the issues is that players aren't using a suitable tune or are downloading 'super duper easy tune' when it isn't actually a good tune, it's just one somebody posted to get a few credits. Like drifting, it's a lot easier with a suitably tuned car than a base model rental. In the most recent trial more than 80% of the victories go to the player team and I've run it over 20 times, often with one or two players near the back so far from impossible to beat as a team.

For the playground games then it's player vs player, if you are up against a convoy with voice comms then you'll most likely lose. but like anything else with suitably tuned car and some tactics you can maximise you contribution and likely you will win after a few goes as by averages you eventually end up in a more capable team than you opposition.

For the ranked adventure ... well that just brings out the worst in players, however you only need to take part, it doesn't matter if you finished last.


So back to drifting, the monthly target for speed zones, spreed traps or danger signs is a little over the existing highest challenge, PVP is at the existing highest challenge and you don't even need to achieve it to win as a team so I really don't see any point in you argument for tougher seasonal drift zones and I definitely wouldn't vote for a challenge that only a small part of the player base can achieve.

By all means if they want to add achievements or such like for crazy drifts then I'm fine with that but making it part of the seasonal ... no thanks.
Rank: C-Class Racing License
#804 Posted : Sunday, March 24, 2019 6:47:21 AM(UTC)
How about a menu with choices to get your 100%
Challenge #1 A or B ... one could be 3 drift zones the other a Team adventure - you need either
Challenge #2 C or D : team Playground game or Speedzone(s)
Challenge #3 E or F : PvP trial or 3 speedtraps

and so on ...

that way you could do the trial type you wanted ... if you are a completionist do both (but only need one to count for season prize)
the people without Gold can do the non online events

the question would be how to balance the tasks to keep everyone happy ... forget it ... there is no way to keep everyone happy ;-)

Rank: Driver's Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#805 Posted : Sunday, March 24, 2019 8:28:40 AM(UTC)
Im not happy that to get the 100% car we have to do the playground games championship... ive had multiple times where once one team loses the first event the other players immediately leave.

i dislike the fact that this is apart of it as id rather have more options or an interchangeable one for that particular event
Rank: B-Class Racing License
#806 Posted : Sunday, March 24, 2019 8:32:24 AM(UTC)
That option is more complex and restrictive than just dropping the percentile and yields the same result. No, easiest way short term is dropping the percentile a tiny bit. Long term just needs a gradient added so more progression dependent on success.
Rank: S-Class Racing License
#807 Posted : Sunday, March 24, 2019 9:24:09 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MA71BY Go to Quoted Post
ive had multiple times where once one team loses the first event the other players immediately leave.

That's actually the sensible thing for them to do. I was fortunate to get on the stronger team at my first attempt this week, we were 6 vs 5. After about 2 mins, it was 6 vs 4. We ended up winning 5-0 with one player on the opposing team sticking it out to the very end. It was 100% clear a few minutes into round 2 that the other team stood literally zero chance of winning. It's essentially a coin toss, you either get on the stronger team or you don't. So if everyone on the weaker team just quits near the end of round 1, it gets the coin toss over with faster and everyone can get on with doing something more useful.

I put a video of it up on YouTube to show what a huge waste of time these events are:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEjXQgB189A
Rank: Driver's License
#808 Posted : Sunday, March 24, 2019 12:15:43 PM(UTC)
Just asking :

Do I need to complete the Seasonal Championships in PvP and Coop to get more percentage or it doesn't matter (Only Solo is enough)?
Rank: B-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#809 Posted : Sunday, March 24, 2019 12:25:32 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Lio Zuto Go to Quoted Post
Just asking :

Do I need to complete the Seasonal Championships in PvP and Coop to get more percentage or it doesn't matter (Only Solo is enough)?


Thankfully solo is enough for the championships. The only requirement is to beat Expert drivatars, so make sure you bring an appropriate vehicle (preferably with AWD).
Rank: Racing Permit
#810 Posted : Sunday, March 24, 2019 1:05:52 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: decto Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Zeem Frostmaw Go to Quoted Post
[quote=Evil Brain;1075105]I would like to see the drifting and PR stunts be increased to the same level of insane difficulty as the PVP stuff, make the target almost double the 3 stars and let those who like it have something to aim for.

Make all the major events events impossible level and only one or two of those impossible events mandatory for the month so we can have fun working toward a goal in an area we enjoy for ourselves - why force non-drifters to drift or non-racers to race? its just going to annoy everyone at some point.


The day that happens, I stop playing the weekly seasonals.

Not even because of disappointment or to make a stand or anything. But because there's literally zero chance of me getting any of the rewards. So why bother loading the game each week?


Well Evil, I think that's a terrible idea and I do wonder if you're living under a bridge.

The PVP events do not have an insane level of difficulty.
For the trial the team just need to finish in the middle of the pack, you don't all need to beat the lead DT's. I suspect one of the issues is that players aren't using a suitable tune or are downloading 'super duper easy tune' when it isn't actually a good tune, it's just one somebody posted to get a few credits. Like drifting, it's a lot easier with a suitably tuned car than a base model rental. In the most recent trial more than 80% of the victories go to the player team and I've run it over 20 times, often with one or two players near the back so far from impossible to beat as a team.

For the playground games then it's player vs player, if you are up against a convoy with voice comms then you'll most likely lose. but like anything else with suitably tuned car and some tactics you can maximise you contribution and likely you will win after a few goes as by averages you eventually end up in a more capable team than you opposition.

For the ranked adventure ... well that just brings out the worst in players, however you only need to take part, it doesn't matter if you finished last.


Couple of observations:

Agreed that PR stunts DO NOT need to be made harder. Frustration levels are high - this weeks speed zone is killing me.

I'm also having a rough time completing the PVP events this season thanks to lame teams. I get psyched because I see a lot of fellow prestige teammates and then realize they're likely glitch prestige recipients. I'm not the best racer, but I consistently beat expert level DT's, take time to tune my cars and race clean. But when I'm in a team with so many fellow prestige drivers, I'm thinking we have a chance. Then fellow teammates ram each other and so on. I've done 5 Trial championships and have not won one this week. After the first circuit loss, part of the team drops, etc. By the last race it's me and one or two others.

Hoping for better odds in the coming days. End rant.
Amiable Zany

Rank: Racing Legend
 2 users liked this post.
#811 Posted : Sunday, March 24, 2019 1:23:51 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MA71BY Go to Quoted Post
Im not happy that to get the 100% car we have to do the playground games championship... ive had multiple times where once one team loses the first event the other players immediately leave.

i dislike the fact that this is apart of it as id rather have more options or an interchangeable one for that particular event


Arent you lucky that it's gonna be dropped to 80% and it's gonna be retroactive too
Rank: D-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#812 Posted : Sunday, March 24, 2019 1:24:13 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Orbital1 Go to Quoted Post



Couple of observations:

Agreed that PR stunts DO NOT need to be made harder. Frustration levels are high - this weeks speed zone is killing me.

I'm also having a rough time completing the PVP events this season thanks to lame teams. I get psyched because I see a lot of fellow prestige teammates and then realize they're likely glitch prestige recipients. I'm not the best racer, but I consistently beat expert level DT's, take time to tune my cars and race clean. But when I'm in a team with so many fellow prestige drivers, I'm thinking we have a chance. Then fellow teammates ram each other and so on. I've done 5 Trial championships and have not won one this week. After the first circuit loss, part of the team drops, etc. By the last race it's me and one or two others.

Hoping for better odds in the coming days. End rant.


For the PR speedzone you need to run uphill. Head through the other speed zone and get a fast run into the seasonal zone, brake for the bridge, and then manage the throttle through. A S2 or X class tuned for handling will help.

The trial is getting a lot more difficult to find a good team, I've run it the best part of 30 times now as I'm enjoying the challenge but today I'm finding a lot more inexperience players. On the Holyrood circuit it's now common to lap 2 or more players in a weak team. In one race I lapped the 12th place twice. The biggest issue is getting through the carnage at the start especially on the third race, far to easy to take a spin and be off out of a checkpoint in the first 500m. There are some reasonable teams out there, often once the quitters leave in the first round, a reasonable crew can win the next two.

Rank: Driver's Permit
 2 users liked this post.
#813 Posted : Sunday, March 24, 2019 1:31:47 PM(UTC)
The Festival Playlist 'series' is ruined (for me at least) by the inclusion of PvP and PvE.
Yes I know, it's an Online game with other people... but locking rewards behind game-modes that I (and some other people) have no interest in seems very short sighted.
I can scrape through to get 50% reward cars solo, but anything beyond that (I think I can muster 70% without other people?) is too much like hard work.
Today I logged in, spent a minute or two getting the '2x Great Wreckage' daily objective, and that was me pretty much done. Although to justify my evening, I did try the Playground Games series, but everyone on my team vanished during the third game, so I was alone against five opponents.
Thanks for the waste of time.

Edited by user Sunday, March 24, 2019 1:32:33 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: A-Class Racing License
 2 users liked this post.
#814 Posted : Sunday, March 24, 2019 1:40:43 PM(UTC)
That is one problem with playlist while some peoples find that really challencing for me all playlist stuff is just really boring unchallencing chore, and even worst is when PG recycle same events that is been allready (and like this week trial it's actually even worst version from orginal, when there was mosler in reward you could bring S1 hypercar but not anymore) if there wouldnt be exclusive cars as reward i wouldnt even look at playlist.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
 2 users liked this post.
#815 Posted : Sunday, March 24, 2019 6:48:39 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MA71BY Go to Quoted Post
Im not happy that to get the 100% car we have to do the playground games championship... ive had multiple times where once one team loses the first event the other players immediately leave.

i dislike the fact that this is apart of it as id rather have more options or an interchangeable one for that particular event


You're only going to need 80% completion to claim everything as many posts have already said. I made sure I did the online adventure qualifying since it's worth 18%. That way I have the option of not finishing a few events if I choose.

Rank: Driver's Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#816 Posted : Monday, March 25, 2019 12:46:50 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Vaporisor Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Sly Indasky Go to Quoted Post
It's not cool. It's a victory for whinners and crybabies. Pathetic.


Incorrect. The value was chosen and explained because there are people who dont do ranked for very valid reasons. The 80% was selected because that value still requires completion of a majority of tasks, but gives a mulligan to players to bypass an aspect of play they do not enjoy as well as prevents completely missing out from forgetting one daily.

It is a perfectly reasonable decision to maintain player involvement in events without creating a negative play experience. The positivity and lower stressing by not having to do everything is already being seen in the discord with more players asking for tips and convoys to help complete stuff they dont dislike, but perhaps arent skilled on. Also more willing to try stuff and ask tip for things not so good at since it isnt going to completely block them from the car if cannot get it with available play time.

t.


Are you kidding?

All I saw about this 100% completion issue were people complaining because :
- ' It's to difficult ! So it's not fair, I can't do it !!! ' (But I still want the rewards, give them away to me)
- ' I'm not playing every day because reasons! So it's not fair I can't do it !!! ' (But I still want the rewards so give them away to me)
- ' I don't like this or that so I won't even try so it's not fair I can't do it !!! ' (But I still want the rewards so give them away to me)
- Etc ...

The targets to get 100% are 'perfectly reasonable' to someone who's ready to get his fingers out of his @**

So I repeat what I already said : T10 and PG giving up because of whinners and crybabies is not 'cool', 'a good thing' or 'perfectly reasonable'. It's just pathetic and quite a negative message sent to all those not even hardcore players who did it achieving 100%.
Rank: C-Class Racing License
#817 Posted : Monday, March 25, 2019 3:25:11 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Dog8MyGamertag Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Evil Brain Go to Quoted Post

I don't want to see anything I cant do be reduced in skill so I can do it, that's pointless.

I would like to see the drifting and PR stunts be increased to the same level of insane difficulty as the PVP stuff, make the target almost double the 3 stars and let those who like it have something to aim for.

Make all the major events events impossible level and only one or two of those impossible events mandatory for the month so we can have fun working toward a goal in an area we enjoy for ourselves - why force non-drifters to drift or non-racers to race? its just going to annoy everyone at some point.

That way no one gets punished and we all have a really hard challenge in an area we enjoy being challenged !
Seriously being forced to a challenge in an area I don't like to do becomes a chore and lowering the skill level of this chore to make it obtainable isn't going to change the fact its a chore.



Remember the game is "E for everybody" and when you say "no-one gets punished" you couldn't be farther from the truth. I myself am a casual gamer, and I also have children who play Forza. At the moment, after some practice, they are able to do drift zones, danger signs and speed zones (although I had to do a few). Ramping up the difficulty would prevent them from completing them at all, and even I'd struggle. I don't want to have to work hard to achieve something in a game, I just want to play and have fun, and that's the same for most people. If you want a real challenge, play FM7, but for casual gaming, you choose FH.

I currently play on Expert level, and I can just about hold my own against the AI, winning more often than not. If I increase the difficulty to pro, I lose more often than not thus not completing the requirements of the weekly challenges (come first against Expert AI), as coming second, third or fourth against pro drivatars gets you nothing. I would find that frustrating, and my kids just wouldn't be able to get any stars at all. They can get 1 star and they're happy with that. As it is, they can't complete a season, and I've had to help them get 50% so they can have that car. If you increase the difficulty to an insane level, I'd effectively have to try and do it 3 times, as there's no way that my kids could do them on their own, thus FH4 would lose a lot of players who just want to, you know, play. FH4 isn't just for hardcore racers and drifters, it's for everyone and to exclude around 80-90% of the games' community just to make it more challenging is going to drive even more "players" away from the game.


As much as I can sympathize with your case and your children, I have to say that challenges aren't for everybody. Challenges are for people to have a goal and get better at the game. In FM7, there was a rival challenge at Sebring (my worst track) where you had to compete against some good drivers and it took like 200 laps for me to actually beat the time that we had to. It was hard, but the feeling when I finally beat it was overwhelming.
I want to be challenged by games and I want to have a reason to become better other than getting better, if you know what I mean.
Rank: Driver's Permit
#818 Posted : Monday, March 25, 2019 5:50:00 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CW40 Go to Quoted Post
Thanks for the answers. I'll try them out. I appreciate any tips and input when it comes to this. The drift zones are the only parts of the game I can't get 3 stars on.


Don't give up. I'm not a drifter at all so this one was a torture for me but it's possible to do it. I used a stock Hoonigan Gymkhana Fiesta in the end and BINGO! Good luck!
Rank: C-Class Racing License
#819 Posted : Monday, March 25, 2019 5:52:45 AM(UTC)
For the speed zone I would recommend fully upgraded McLaren Senna with AWD.
Rank: Driver's Permit
#820 Posted : Monday, March 25, 2019 6:19:32 AM(UTC)
[Mod Edit - thread merged - MM]

Not good at playground but still want to get 100%
I would rather run three more championships rather than bumping around.

Edited by user Monday, March 25, 2019 8:42:37 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: D-Class Racing License
#821 Posted : Monday, March 25, 2019 6:23:38 AM(UTC)
Two of this season's challenges were very tough for me. Finally got them done after a lot of work. Great challenges!

-Championship: "Rail Yard Rumble" | Rail Yard Cross Country Circuit | S1 900 Rally Monsters, Reward: 2011 DS 3 Racing: Completed with 2015 Hoonigan GYMKHANA 8 Ford Fiesta ST RX43 (I was only running around S1-840. Had to reduce power.)
-PR Stunt: Strathbridge Speed Zone | 140.0 mph, Reward: Super Wheelspin: Completed with AM Vulcan FE by 1 mph. The big challenge here was the rain. Roads were always wet, but in between showers I got my wheels hot enough, increased aero, and set Final Drive ratio to max. As someone already mentioned, this was easier going uphill. Get a running start up to about 175 mph and pound the brakes before the first left-hand turn. If you are adept, you can cut this left-handed turn very sharply (aim for the light pole on the left), then quickly aim again for the apex in the easier right-handed turn. At the end, aim for the left-most speedzone pole.....don't try to keep it on the road thru the finish.... my perfect line put me on the left mountainside every time.

The Trial Co-Op Championship: "Blistering Speed" | Holyrood Park Circuit | S2 998 Hypercars, Reward: Super Wheelspin: This challenge I cannot win. Using the Porsche 918 I am coming in no better than 5th in Solo, Unbeatable. Is there any reason to try doing this Co-Op considering my solo finishes? The car seems solid/fast, my skills are lacking.
Rank: X-Class Racing License
 3 users liked this post.
#822 Posted : Monday, March 25, 2019 6:34:09 AM(UTC)
Playground Games are team based, so you don't have to be really good at them to win. While it may be annoying to some to have a teammate who doesn't "contribute" and they have to "carry," but as long as you stick with it, you will eventually get better.

It also depends on the skill of the other team as well, even if your team is good, they may be better or have a better strategy or whatever, but that goes both ways.
Rules of troubleshooting:
1) Have you tried turning it off and on again?
2) Is your Internet working?
3) https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status < Check here for service issues.
4) If all else fails open a service ticket and/or forum post.

Rank: R-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
User is suspended until 2/11/2047 4:23:37 AM(UTC)
#823 Posted : Monday, March 25, 2019 8:29:42 AM(UTC)
It helps to learn the area of the PGG. I dislike the mudpark, and it took me a few games to learn the layout so I wasn't laying upside down half the time. once I learned it well enough to avoid pitfalls, it wasn't to bad. Still prefer train yard.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#824 Posted : Monday, March 25, 2019 8:54:25 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CRracer 912 Go to Quoted Post
It helps to learn the area of the PGG. I dislike the mudpark, and it took me a few games to learn the layout so I wasn't laying upside down half the time. once I learned it well enough to avoid pitfalls, it wasn't to bad. Still prefer train yard.


Railyard is the best, you can at least use a car and be competitive. The beach is decent but I dont care for the garden and especially not the mud palace.
Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track. 🏁🏁

FH4 and I have a volatile love/hate relationship 😑

Hopefully FH5 will treat me better 😬😬
Rank: X-Class Racing License
#825 Posted : Monday, March 25, 2019 9:34:49 AM(UTC)
Garden is my least favorite. Railyard is probably the best layout for games.
Rules of troubleshooting:
1) Have you tried turning it off and on again?
2) Is your Internet working?
3) https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status < Check here for service issues.
4) If all else fails open a service ticket and/or forum post.

51 Pages<<3132333435>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error