51 Pages<<3031323334>>PrevNext
Rank: S-Class Racing License
#776 Posted : Friday, March 22, 2019 8:16:25 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CW40 Go to Quoted Post
I really want to finish the playlist but can't drift very well. Anyone have any recommended cars and tunes that may make it at least possible to get anywhere close to the required amount? It seems impossible to me. I can't hold a drift to save my life. Very frustrating.

I'm really bad at drifting, but didn't even need to switch into a drift car for this one, I just stuck with my speed trap/zone rally tyre Mosler and achieved the seasonal objective with a pretty poor run through it. So it's honestly not that hard at all.

One tip is focus on where the nose of the car is, and keep it just inside the scoring boundary.

If you have it, the #43 Viper is the highest scoring drift car.

If not, the M6 FE is pretty good, e.g. I have a drift tune shared called "Drift King V2" that got a lot of my drift zone PBs before I bought the Ultimate Add-Ons bundle and started adding 15k to all my scores with the #43 Viper.
Rank: B-Class Racing License
#777 Posted : Friday, March 22, 2019 8:33:57 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CW40 Go to Quoted Post
I really want to finish the playlist but can't drift very well. Anyone have any recommended cars and tunes that may make it at least possible to get anywhere close to the required amount? It seems impossible to me. I can't hold a drift to save my life. Very frustrating.


I use the Hoonigan Gymkhana 9 (personal preference, 10 is probably equally as good). AWD drifting is easier to control, and less likely to spin out. Obviously traction and stability control needs to be off. I use auto gearbox, and find if you take a little run up and start your drift (use the E brake), before entering the zone, you're scoring straight away rather than entering the zone then starting your drift. If you're using a controller, try around 75% throttle, and try to avoid going from full lock to full lock, sometimes all it takes is a little "flick" to change direction. If you find yourself in a long turn, you can use full throttle and counter-steer (not full lock) in an AWD car, and it will almost always just power-slide through the bend. It will take a little practice, but it;s much easier than trying it with a big powerful RWD car that spins out as soon as you hit the throttle. If you must use RWD, try the Formula Drift Viper, Manual gearbox and stick it in third gear. Avoid sudden acceleration and steering, and instead hold the throttle at around 50%. You'll find you control the drift more with the right trigger, rather than the steering (although obviously it does help if you're steering in the right direction).

Good luck :0)
I could agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#778 Posted : Saturday, March 23, 2019 4:24:21 AM(UTC)
Thanks for the answers. I'll try them out. I appreciate any tips and input when it comes to this. The drift zones are the only parts of the game I can't get 3 stars on.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#779 Posted : Saturday, March 23, 2019 5:56:41 AM(UTC)
I am not all that good at drifting, either, CW40. But, with enough perseverance and repetition, I can often get 3 stars. In addition to the right car for me (in this case the drift Viper), I used manual trans in 3rd gear, no stability and no traction. In addition, I find that being at the correct speed is also crucial. My scores are all over the place, For this course I was getting 25,000 or so, then 35,000 then 27,000. WHen I am doing well, I find that the use of rewind helps, especially if there is a stretch where I do not get any points. I did manage 45,200 and then it took another 15 minutes or so before I nailed the course with over 50,000.

Unfortunately, I am not consistent. For this course, my first turn may be 5000 or it may be 12,000. I do know that when I am in a good drift, I need to keep it going as long as possible. And again, if I get off the road (and hence, no scoring), I use rewind and try to repeat. Rewind can be detrimental, though, as I have found that if I use rewind too much I get the dreaded FAILED.

Good luck, and don;t give up.
Rank: B-Class Racing License
#780 Posted : Saturday, March 23, 2019 7:55:00 AM(UTC)
To help those who are less experienced, drifting is more than just technique. Your own sort of driving mannerisms also come into it for Forza. As such, there can be a better side to start on than another. For "Back Lane" it can be more beneficial to start on the S end of it. This part is important for points, so starting there makes it easier to do the transition, this follows the straight which helps give more time to set up for the U for a long sweep through the finish.

Focus on just getting one of the turns at a time. If you cannot get a good slide into the next turn, then ask for tips. Tires and rollbars are all important considerations for this.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#781 Posted : Saturday, March 23, 2019 8:03:02 AM(UTC)
Im not best drifter myself but i can get 60-80k on that drift zone all the time so i made few minute video going back and forth and showing telemetry to what i do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EN78COReu9k
Rank: D-Class Racing License
#782 Posted : Saturday, March 23, 2019 9:18:15 AM(UTC)
My eureka moment with drifting was turning off stability control.

I was using the Formula Drift Dodge Viper trying to get 46k on the seasonal drift zone.

I tried 5-6 times with stability control on - couldn't get past 41-42k. I turned off stability control, literally on my next try, I get 65k.

It really matters a lot, and it really clicked with me, made me understand drifting more.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
 3 users liked this post.
#783 Posted : Saturday, March 23, 2019 9:40:22 AM(UTC)
Thanks for all the input. I managed to get almost 49,000 on the seasonal zone using Talby's Morgan 3 wheeler suggestion. Manual with all assists off in 3rd gear. Took about 15 minutes of trying. I still have trouble believing I did it since I usually always fall short of 2 stars no matter how long I try or what car I use. Weird how I find I have so much more control with the Morgan than with the actual drift cars in the game. Since I was on a roll I also did all the adventure races to get 100% completion on the playlist. Team adventure is pretty agonizing for the most part but there is some fun to be had if you have a good team. The amount of hours you have to put in for the month is pretty insane for the number of cars but it is what it is. If you compare how much you would make at work for that many hours vs. just buying those cars as two packs it puts it into perspective. They do give the game goals and it keeps it interesting though I guess.

Edited by user Saturday, March 23, 2019 9:41:36 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: A-Class Racing License
#784 Posted : Saturday, March 23, 2019 9:46:03 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: V12 SprungBoss Go to Quoted Post
Im not best drifter myself but i can get 60-80k on that drift zone all the time so i made few minute video going back and forth and showing telemetry to what i do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EN78COReu9k


Great video. Don't know how you can control a drift that long. lol Did you download a tune for the Viper or did you use it stock? I'll have to try it on the other zones.

Rank: A-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#785 Posted : Saturday, March 23, 2019 10:20:34 AM(UTC)
Another thing that helps me is to relax and just try to enjoy it. Often, when I am trying too hard, my score is terrible. Some days I am better than on others, probably for that same reason. If I have had an especially stressful day at work, I know that is not a good day to try drifting.

Congrats on reaching the goal, btw. I can only imagine how excited you were!

Edited by user Saturday, March 23, 2019 10:21:29 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: A-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#786 Posted : Saturday, March 23, 2019 10:48:47 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CW40 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: V12 SprungBoss Go to Quoted Post
Im not best drifter myself but i can get 60-80k on that drift zone all the time so i made few minute video going back and forth and showing telemetry to what i do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EN78COReu9k


Great video. Don't know how you can control a drift that long. lol Did you download a tune for the Viper or did you use it stock? I'll have to try it on the other zones.



Thanks :) I have download tune for that viper (if i remember right it's most popular one) stock viper is allready good in drifting but good tune makes that insane on drift zones. And controlling drift comes just from experience to know what to do to keep drift in control, roundabouts are good place to practice in that. I spent today 4 hours on that drift zone and improve my record from 72k to 88k.

And @luckeydoug1 say well that when you are relax it's usually gonna go mutch better i know myself if i start trying too hard im gonna just do worst than normaly.
Rank: D-Class Racing License
#787 Posted : Saturday, March 23, 2019 2:28:32 PM(UTC)
Please add more events or danger signs etc for solo players to complete instead of requiring them to do the cancer that is Trials and Plaground Games. I would rather race against cheating drivatars than the a-holes who race in trials and PG. Requiring people to play online modes for 100% completion is stupid, some players don't have live and some just hate online modes (like me) because they suck.
Rank: Racing Legend
#788 Posted : Saturday, March 23, 2019 2:35:09 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ST0RM HAWK 89 Go to Quoted Post
Please add more events or danger signs etc for solo players to complete instead of requiring them to do the cancer that is Trials and Plaground Games. I would rather race against cheating drivatars than the a-holes who race in trials and PG. Requiring people to play online modes for 100% completion is stupid, some players don't have live and some just hate online modes (like me) because they suck.


Read some of the other threads
They are going in to reduce it to 80% due to all the complaints
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#789 Posted : Saturday, March 23, 2019 2:54:41 PM(UTC)
Log a pray ... hmmm ... a ticket I mean
Rank: Driver's License
 3 users liked this post.
#790 Posted : Saturday, March 23, 2019 2:58:37 PM(UTC)
I agree. I do fairly well online as a clean racer but we should no be forced to do online content to unlock cars. Thinking about multiplayer makes me not even want to log in to play.
Rank: D-Class Racing License
#791 Posted : Saturday, March 23, 2019 4:24:58 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: talby71 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Evil Brain Go to Quoted Post
I wish they would make the drift zones equally as challenging as the races.

Races are virtually impossible for me when I have to beat expert drivertars or win PVP championships, it always requires tons of practice and a special tune and it takes me so long to acheive.
But when they finally put in a drift zone its always the same thing, hardly a challenge with 3 stars or just over being all that's required.
3 stars on a drift zone is minimum requirement, it would be equal in skill to winning a solo championship in your choice of car against new racer drivertars.

I know some people cant drift and they wont be happy but it would be on par for a challenge with other events that also annoy so many people.






but the races are the easiest to do, maybe if they were unbeatable they might be hard but expert is easy,
even in the Trial the unbeatables aren't that unbeatable
just because the drifts are easy for YOU doesnt mean everyone else should punished for it


Exactly my point, just cuz the races are easy for you doesn't mean everyone else can do them easily. For me the races are just as hard as the drifting is for you.
That aside I don't care if the races are hard for me, I will either learn or fail - its part of the game.

I don't want to see anything I cant do be reduced in skill so I can do it, that's pointless.

I would like to see the drifting and PR stunts be increased to the same level of insane difficulty as the PVP stuff, make the target almost double the 3 stars and let those who like it have something to aim for.

Make all the major events events impossible level and only one or two of those impossible events mandatory for the month so we can have fun working toward a goal in an area we enjoy for ourselves - why force non-drifters to drift or non-racers to race? its just going to annoy everyone at some point.

That way no one gets punished and we all have a really hard challenge in an area we enjoy being challenged !
Seriously being forced to a challenge in an area I don't like to do becomes a chore and lowering the skill level of this chore to make it obtainable isn't going to change the fact its a chore.


Rank: S-Class Racing License
#792 Posted : Saturday, March 23, 2019 4:35:54 PM(UTC)
So how long are these chore lists going to carry on for? Until the game has been out for 2 years? So I have to wait 2 years before I can start playing the game rather than spending all my time doing chores? Finally completed this week's chores, haven't had any time to actually play the game as a result, but never mind. FHchore, rhymes with four.
Rank: S-Class Racing License
#793 Posted : Saturday, March 23, 2019 5:28:45 PM(UTC)
Anyone else been having an issue with ranked adventure being unavailable? I haven't tried recently, but this morning and last night the ranked adventure tiles were grayed out and said unavailable. I was able to do ranked during summer season.
Rank: Racing Legend
 3 users liked this post.
#794 Posted : Saturday, March 23, 2019 5:36:39 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Evil Brain Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: talby71 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Evil Brain Go to Quoted Post
I wish they would make the drift zones equally as challenging as the races.

Races are virtually impossible for me when I have to beat expert drivertars or win PVP championships, it always requires tons of practice and a special tune and it takes me so long to acheive.
But when they finally put in a drift zone its always the same thing, hardly a challenge with 3 stars or just over being all that's required.
3 stars on a drift zone is minimum requirement, it would be equal in skill to winning a solo championship in your choice of car against new racer drivertars.

I know some people cant drift and they wont be happy but it would be on par for a challenge with other events that also annoy so many people.




but the races are the easiest to do, maybe if they were unbeatable they might be hard but expert is easy,
even in the Trial the unbeatables aren't that unbeatable
just because the drifts are easy for YOU doesnt mean everyone else should punished for it


Exactly my point, just cuz the races are easy for you doesn't mean everyone else can do them easily. For me the races are just as hard as the drifting is for you.
That aside I don't care if the races are hard for me, I will either learn or fail - its part of the game.

I don't want to see anything I cant do be reduced in skill so I can do it, that's pointless.

I would like to see the drifting and PR stunts be increased to the same level of insane difficulty as the PVP stuff, make the target almost double the 3 stars and let those who like it have something to aim for.

Make all the major events events impossible level and only one or two of those impossible events mandatory for the month so we can have fun working toward a goal in an area we enjoy for ourselves - why force non-drifters to drift or non-racers to race? its just going to annoy everyone at some point.

That way no one gets punished and we all have a really hard challenge in an area we enjoy being challenged !
Seriously being forced to a challenge in an area I don't like to do becomes a chore and lowering the skill level of this chore to make it obtainable isn't going to change the fact its a chore.



So you have double standards then
You want whats easy for YOU to be made harder but things that easy for others to be left alone
How would YOU like it if races were made harder and the drifting requirements were made easier
Look at from both ends not just YOURs
People do get punished if they make just the drifting requirements harder

Edited by user Sunday, March 24, 2019 1:27:40 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: R-Class Racing License
User is suspended until 2/11/2047 4:23:37 AM(UTC)
#795 Posted : Saturday, March 23, 2019 5:42:49 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: baritone mike Go to Quoted Post
Anyone else been having an issue with ranked adventure being unavailable? I haven't tried recently, but this morning and last night the ranked adventure tiles were grayed out and said unavailable. I was able to do ranked during summer season.


At times, I've seen one unavailable, but never all 3. Maybe it has to do with current players in session?
Rank: Driver's Permit
#796 Posted : Saturday, March 23, 2019 6:18:15 PM(UTC)
Forza Horizon Chore.
Rank: Driver's License
 4 users liked this post.
#797 Posted : Saturday, March 23, 2019 8:24:57 PM(UTC)
So, I finally get ranked adventures complete (sorry to all who had to put up with me. In my defense, I started each event by pulling off the side of the road and let everyone pass me). Took a **** ton of time and endless frustration, but I am done.

I mentioned this to my wife and the 1st thing she said(completely straight faced) was, " Oh, how cool! Now can you please do it on my account". We are now filing for divorce! Curse you Forza for ruining my life!

Never lose your sense of humor.
Rank: Racing Legend
#798 Posted : Saturday, March 23, 2019 8:47:35 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Mt **** b Go to Quoted Post
So, I finally get ranked adventures complete (sorry to all who had to put up with me. In my defense, I started each event by pulling off the side of the road and let everyone pass me). Took a **** ton of time and endless frustration, but I am done.

I mentioned this to my wife and the 1st thing she said(completely straight faced) was, " Oh, how cool! Now can you please do it on my account". We are now filing for divorce! Curse you Forza for ruining my life!

Never lose your sense of humor.


There was no rush
Still another 2 1/2 weeks to go
Rank: B-Class Racing License
 4 users liked this post.
#799 Posted : Saturday, March 23, 2019 9:58:55 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Evil Brain Go to Quoted Post

I don't want to see anything I cant do be reduced in skill so I can do it, that's pointless.

I would like to see the drifting and PR stunts be increased to the same level of insane difficulty as the PVP stuff, make the target almost double the 3 stars and let those who like it have something to aim for.

Make all the major events events impossible level and only one or two of those impossible events mandatory for the month so we can have fun working toward a goal in an area we enjoy for ourselves - why force non-drifters to drift or non-racers to race? its just going to annoy everyone at some point.

That way no one gets punished and we all have a really hard challenge in an area we enjoy being challenged !
Seriously being forced to a challenge in an area I don't like to do becomes a chore and lowering the skill level of this chore to make it obtainable isn't going to change the fact its a chore.



Remember the game is "E for everybody" and when you say "no-one gets punished" you couldn't be farther from the truth. I myself am a casual gamer, and I also have children who play Forza. At the moment, after some practice, they are able to do drift zones, danger signs and speed zones (although I had to do a few). Ramping up the difficulty would prevent them from completing them at all, and even I'd struggle. I don't want to have to work hard to achieve something in a game, I just want to play and have fun, and that's the same for most people. If you want a real challenge, play FM7, but for casual gaming, you choose FH.

I currently play on Expert level, and I can just about hold my own against the AI, winning more often than not. If I increase the difficulty to pro, I lose more often than not thus not completing the requirements of the weekly challenges (come first against Expert AI), as coming second, third or fourth against pro drivatars gets you nothing. I would find that frustrating, and my kids just wouldn't be able to get any stars at all. They can get 1 star and they're happy with that. As it is, they can't complete a season, and I've had to help them get 50% so they can have that car. If you increase the difficulty to an insane level, I'd effectively have to try and do it 3 times, as there's no way that my kids could do them on their own, thus FH4 would lose a lot of players who just want to, you know, play. FH4 isn't just for hardcore racers and drifters, it's for everyone and to exclude around 80-90% of the games' community just to make it more challenging is going to drive even more "players" away from the game.
I could agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong
Rank: Racing Permit
#800 Posted : Sunday, March 24, 2019 12:05:59 AM(UTC)
Do I have to still get 100% this week for the GTO or it will be patched later this week? I only get playground game left but I seriously hate it (FH1 give me so much more fun than this)
51 Pages<<3031323334>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error