4 Pages1234PrevNext
 1 user liked this post.
#51 Posted : Saturday, January 23, 2021 3:00:58 AM(UTC)

Forza Year In Review - 2020
Jacob Norwood
Wednesday, January 6, 2021
https://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/forza-year-in-review-2020

Quote:
JULY
The biggest month of 2020 for Forza news, July marked the Xbox Games Showcase where we announced an evolution of the Forza Motorsport franchise - Forza Motorsport. We can’t wait to share more details!

Quote:
There will be plenty happening in 2021, but we couldn’t let this year end without looking back on the positives of 2020. It was a difficult year in many ways for so many of us – yet the creativity, competitive spirit, and sense of connection within the Forza community have kept us going all year long.

Thank you to all of our community for your support through 2020, and we wish you and your loved ones a happy, healthy, and fun 2021. See you on the road!

YouTube: Forza 2020 Year in Review
Community Manager | ManteoMax.com Forza spreadsheets
 1 user liked this post.
#52 Posted : Saturday, January 23, 2021 9:47:28 PM(UTC)
And where are the news to Forza Motorsport?

Edited by user Saturday, January 23, 2021 9:49:15 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#53 Posted : Tuesday, January 26, 2021 12:04:14 PM(UTC)
Did I just learn that the new FORZA MOTORSPORT won't be released until Autumn?
#54 Posted : Tuesday, January 26, 2021 12:57:31 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DevoidSeeker740 Go to Quoted Post
Did I just learn that the new FORZA MOTORSPORT won't be released until Autumn?

I heard about it too, sources say 'Releasing Fall 2021' that's in September. Who cares, they will maybe be able to refine all the cars now!
Why do so many classic cars have SO MUCH chrome on them? Forza let us dechrome cars!!
 2 users liked this post.
#55 Posted : Tuesday, January 26, 2021 1:41:31 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: XInfamousX12 Go to Quoted Post
sources say

If you know of a source please name it and preferably post a link so the community can see it themselves - as long as it's not speculation or a baseless rumor.

#56 Posted : Thursday, February 4, 2021 1:09:31 AM(UTC)
Playground Games and Turn 10 Studios See 18.2X and 4.95X Link Time Improvements Respectively on Visual Studio 2019
David Li, Program Manager - Visual C++
February 2nd, 2021
https://devblogs.microsoft.com/cppblog/playground-games-and-turn-10-studios-see-18-2x-and-4-95x-link-time-improvements-respectively-on-visual-studio-2019/
https://twitter.com/MSFTGameStack/status/1357042292167741444

Discussion thread

Quote:
DEVELOPER CONVERSATION
We spoke with Andrew Sage from Playground Games (Forza Horizon 4) and Dan Tunnell from Turn 10 Studios (Forza Motorsport) for some insights into how the improvements have affected their studios.

Is the studio currently using Visual Studio 2019?
“We just moved the whole studio to Visual Studio 2019 in the last week of January 2021. We’ve had one of our development branches running it since before the holidays but it just reached broad adoption a couple of days ago.” – Dan

What were some immediate benefits that you saw from faster link times?
“The biggest benefit I see is improved iteration time. Even if we only shave 30 seconds off link time, multiplying that by the number of devs in the studio and the number of times they compile each day becomes a large number really quick.” – Dan

What are some potential long-term benefits?
“One of the longer-term benefits is reduced build times on our server farm. If someone checks in code that breaks the build, the faster we catch it the less downtime we experience. It also gives us faster tooling iteration since the time between a developer checking in new tooling code and the build system checking in new tools binaries is reduced. Additionally, there’s reduced time for “validation” builds. Prior to checking in, each developer builds a representative sample of the game binaries to ensure that they haven’t broken anything. This slows iteration (I’m sure you can see a pattern emerging – iteration time is king) and anything we can do to speed that up is extremely valuable.” – Dan

How might the link time improvements change the workflow patterns of the studio?
“If I were to guess, I’d say that we’ll see less build breaks. Validation builds take a significant amount of time to complete. Even though they’re required, sometimes developers will omit that step if they’re in a hurry and feel confident that their fix is trivial enough to be safe. The faster the build times are the lower that barrier to entry is and the more likely people will perform that step even for changes they consider to be trivial and/or safe. I also think we might see less code changes between compilations. The longer compilation and linking takes the more code a developer will add before they hit the button to compile. If compilation and linking is almost instantaneous, most developers will use that as a quick sanity check to verify that the method/function/class/etc. that they just added compiles before moving on.” – Dan
#57 Posted : Thursday, February 4, 2021 12:13:53 PM(UTC)
shouldnt this post be sticky?
Why do so many classic cars have SO MUCH chrome on them? Forza let us dechrome cars!!
 1 user liked this post.
#58 Posted : Tuesday, February 23, 2021 2:41:10 AM(UTC)
What have T10 been doing for 4 years?

Just make an updated version of Forza 4 please!!
 1 user liked this post.
#59 Posted : Friday, March 26, 2021 4:04:42 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Philmini Go to Quoted Post

Developing FM8 one would assume.
 1 user liked this post.
#60 Posted : Sunday, March 28, 2021 7:59:13 AM(UTC)
from what i saw on this weeks livestream schedule, i think were set to get some forza motorsport news on thursday, as thats when we're presumably getting april forza monthly. i honestly hope i wasnt speculating about something that was gonna be an april fools joke.
#61 Posted : Sunday, March 28, 2021 11:21:54 AM(UTC)
from what i saw on this weeks livestream schedule, i think were set to get some forza motorsport news on thursday, as thats when we're presumably getting april forza monthly. i honestly hope i wasnt speculating about something that was gonna be an april fools joke.

Here's hoping.
#62 Posted : Sunday, March 28, 2021 1:05:55 PM(UTC)
The April 1st stream is for FH4 content.

#63 Posted : Tuesday, March 30, 2021 1:15:58 AM(UTC)

I don't think we're going to get anything for FM8 any time soon.
#64 Posted : Monday, April 5, 2021 10:07:13 AM(UTC)
April 2021 - Forza Monthly news

Watch the replay at YouTube/Turn10Studios: https://youtu.be/zfHldD8qVL0?t=851

Turn 10 Creative Director Chris Esaki was on the April 2021 Forza Monthly livestream to provide a five minute update on the development of Forza Motorsport. He started by mentioning the challenging environment of game development over the last year during pandemic lockdown and the team's dedicated work, and mentioned the game concept of building communities within and around the game and using feedback to shape it.

Progress points:
- Xbox has been running weekly internal playtesting for data
- The team has "completely overhauled our physics"
- "Huge strides" in the Forza Race Regulations system
- feedback on race strategy, car balancing, and public lobbies

The major highlight was a new phase in the game's development:
"The new news is that today we will soon be able to share to our people in our Forza Panel [ForzaFeedback Program] that they will actually be able to get their hands on a part of our new Forza Motorsport game. The only way to get your hands on this part of the new Forza Motorsport title is to be a part of that panel. We're going to continue to plan this type of testing as we go in the months ahead, and get more and more people from the community in and enjoy this experience."

"We're looking forward to learning all we can from you, our players and community, to help us really make this the game you've been waiting for. If you haven't signed up for the panel you can sign up at the link. Keep your eye out for all the Forza Motorsport channels to get any future updates on how to get more involved. I can't wait to begin this new process. Thank you all for waiting patiently, it's going to be a great time for us."

Join the Forza Feedback program here: http://aka.ms/ForzaFeedback

(This is the same program that was announced two years ago during the June 2019 E3 Forza Monthly livestream.)

There was no gameplay and no timeline mentioned. The official FAQ continues to read "Q: When will Forza Motorsport be released? A: Currently in early development, Forza Motorsport will run at 4K, 60fps with scenes connected and dynamic. We can’t wait to share more details."

Edited by user Monday, April 5, 2021 12:16:31 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#65 Posted : Monday, April 5, 2021 10:34:28 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post
April 2021 - Forza Monthly news

Cant wait to find out when that release date is...FH4 has run its course

Edited by user Monday, April 5, 2021 11:19:41 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track. 🏁🏁

FH4 and I HAD a volatile love/hate relationship 😑

Hopefully FH5 will treat me better 😬😬
#66 Posted : Monday, April 5, 2021 11:41:06 AM(UTC)
That's great! Glad to hear something from it. Sounds like it's going to be a massive overhaul
 1 user liked this post.
#67 Posted : Wednesday, April 21, 2021 12:32:09 PM(UTC)
April 21: "The first round of invites for the Forza Motorsport playtest have gone out to a small group of participants! We'll be expanding that number as development progresses, so stay tuned for your chance to join."
@ForzaMotorsport
 3 users liked this post.
#68 Posted : Thursday, May 27, 2021 10:11:06 AM(UTC)
May 27 Forza Monthly livestream info

Chris Esaki was on the May 27, 2021 Forza Monthly livestream to provide an update on Forza Motorsport development. Replay link on the official YouTube/Turn10Studios channel: https://youtu.be/oxJaXe18WaY?t=1739
Twitter clip: https://twitter.com/Forz...atus/1400504570384637958

On the results of the May 8th closed playtest with community members, Esaki said "I think it really went better than expected" and "judging by all that feedback I'm pretty sure everyone was super hyped and energized by it." Community members were testing a small portion of the game focused on multiplayer racing. He specified certain improvements in the core gameplay and physics:

• Overall physics: "The changes we've made from Forza Motorsport 7 to now are more than the changes from Forza Motorsport 4 through 7, basically a huge generational leap coming to the game."
  • On tires: From the first Forza Motorsport to Forza Motorsport 7, all tires had 1 contact point with the track at 60Hz. In Forza Motorsport each tire has 8 contact points running at 360Hz for every tire collision. This results in better feel and communication about tire interaction with the track.
  • On road surface: Kerbs in the past have been viewed as coarse or unsettling. "That's been dramatically changed. They can be approached with confidence," and feel smooth, natural, and with a "night and day" difference in feel from before.
  • On the game name: "There's some confusion out there about what the name of the game is. I just wanted to reaffirm the name of the game is Forza Motorsport. There's no sequential 8 after the title. It really is an all-new Forza Motorsport experience."
  • Tire compounds and pit strategy: Forza had tire wear for a long time, but Forza Motorsport has added multiple compounds. The playtest had soft, medium, and hard compounds, "and we're looking on how to expand that over time depending on different events." Each compound has its own grip and wear characteristics, and "you'll be able to change the tire compounds in the pits along with fuel amounts."
  • Environmental factors: A bunch of factors including track temperature, time of day and weather, along with tire physics, lead to a much deeper driving experience.
  • Future playtesting: Continued testing focuses on parts of the game to get specific feedback. "We were blown away by the response and amount of community members who signed up" at www.aka.ms/ForzaFeedback. "Apologies if you didn't get into this first test. There's going to be many many experiences where you'll be able to be part of this experience. Just so you know we're gearing up for the next playtest this summer." Esaki will be back then to provide another update in a future Forza Monthly livestream.

Edited by user Saturday, June 5, 2021 10:31:40 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#69 Posted : Friday, May 28, 2021 1:07:49 AM(UTC)
We don't care what you call it, to us it is FM8
#70 Posted : Friday, June 11, 2021 1:41:51 PM(UTC)
When is E3? Are they planning on talking about this game then? Is this game suppose to come out this year or next year now?

2013 HRPT long hauler in my 45th Anniversary SS!!!
#71 Posted : Friday, June 11, 2021 1:50:44 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Sonic6L Go to Quoted Post

You must have not been watching. FH5 will probably come out ahead or at the same time as FM8

2013 HRPT long hauler in my 45th Anniversary SS!!!
#72 Posted : Sunday, June 13, 2021 10:21:16 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: xZeroxChillx Go to Quoted Post

You must have not been watching. FH5 will probably come out ahead or at the same time as FM8

Nothing about Motorsport at E3 and Horizon 5 gets a release date, good call.
#73 Posted : Monday, June 14, 2021 12:36:10 AM(UTC)

I'm assuming you mean E3, in which case, I was watching, however, not sure if you know but FH and FM are developed by different teams. Just because one has been announced, doesn't mean the other hasn't been or isn't being worked on.

Edited by user Monday, June 14, 2021 12:36:42 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#74 Posted : Monday, June 14, 2021 7:21:17 AM(UTC)

I'm assuming you mean E3, in which case, I was watching, however, not sure if you know but FH and FM are developed by different teams. Just because one has been announced, doesn't mean the other hasn't been or isn't being worked on.

He's probably alluding to the fact that Playground have made FH4, tonnes of additional content and then gone on to develop FH5 since T10 released FM7.
 1 user liked this post.
#75 Posted : Tuesday, June 15, 2021 2:58:41 AM(UTC)

He's probably alluding to the fact that Playground have made FH4, tonnes of additional content and then gone on to develop FH5 since T10 released FM7.

Who's "He" in your reply? Assuming you are talking about xZeroChillx?

Seems to me, that xZeroChillx, isn't aware that FM (T10) and FH (PGG) are developed by different teams.

There has been no news about FM8 apart from the trailer that was released circa 10 months ago, while FH5 was announced with a release date at E3. Because of this announcement it doesn't mean that all development on FM8 has stopped and it's all been on FH5. There are two teams are work here on their respective projects.

This is my point to xZeroChillx.

Edited by user Tuesday, June 15, 2021 3:00:57 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

4 Pages1234PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error