This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
 3 users liked this post.
#1 Posted : Friday, March 8, 2019 1:26:52 PM(UTC)
Dan Greenawalt was a guest on the March edition of #ForzaMonthly, discussing both recent efforts by the franchise to communicate with the community about upcoming features in Forza Motorsport 7, as well as some big news:

"The weight of our team is shifting over to our next project."

The timestamp link begins with Chris Esaki and Brian Ekberg talking about community interaction. Dan's comments on the next project begin at 1:43:00
https://youtu.be/_aVAQFxfuBY?t=5697

"What we're saying very specifically is that Forza Motorsport 7 has had a strong amount of support from the team, and we're going to be shifting our weight. So there's still updates to come: you heard about Forza Race Regulations, and we're going to be coming out with a private and then public beta and then rolling that out; you know, we're not done with esports, that's an exciting part to us as well so we're going to be doing updates on that in the future. And of course we're going to be doing other updates to the game. But the weight of the team is shifting over to our next project. So we're getting into that concept phase.

Now in the past, that concept phase would be kind of subterranean. We'd kind of do it with ourselves, we'd work with our dev partners, and we'd bounce our concepts off ourselves. But we're going to be doing it differently this time. We want to do it in public. We want to do it with our fans. Does that mean early rollouts? I don't know. And that's really what it comes down to: I don't know.

But the big news is the team is transitioning its weight. We're moving our weight over to this new project we're working on and we're doing it in a new way. We can listen to the team, open conduit, we want our players to go to Discord, get involved with us, to really be part of this process with us, to make their voice heard. And we, together, will shape the future of automotive entertainment."

Chris Esaki added:

"I think the best way to think about, and how I think about, all the work that's going on now with Forza Motorsport 7 is that we have an eye to the future now. I talked a little bit about how Forza Race Regulations really are fundamental to how we think about the next iteration. We are pouring so much energy into making sure that we have this rock solid foundation around Motorsport. A lot of that has to do with online behaviors and play, rule sets and that sort of thing. So just to be clear about that, I view that as not just working on Motorsport 7 but working on future investment. That work is future investment for us. So I talked about the physics roadmap we have, I talked about the AI roadmap on previous streams... we have years - literally years of work here around so many different efforts and that's all future look. That's all about taking what we have today and how do those investments directly impact our next experience. So that's how I think about it.

You'll still see so many things happening within FM7 because they will directly help us on the next product. So we're not just building off in some secret cave and all of a sudden we unveil at E3 and everyone's like 'oh by the way get it in a couple months,' and then people are excited about it but then they're like 'hey wait, this isn't what I was thinking it was going to be and my expectations are this or that.' But tow because we're changing everything about how we do this, FM7 is going to continue, that work is going to continue. And we're going to continue to listen to our fans, and that Discord channel is where it's all going to happen, or where we hope that most of it is going to happen. But this is also where the team is going to be looking for the inspiration and focus for the next version as well."

Dan continued:

"I think it's important to mention... we work in game development. What I love is that we can have an authentic discussion with the community whether you work in game development or not, maybe it's on Forza Fridays, maybe it's here, we can go deep and we can have discussions. I love that this listening to your fans, it's in all things in what we're doing. We want to be more reactive. Part of being more reactive is having better tools for how we can actually launch high quality features, and who we launch them to. So sub-communities; and that's what's great about Discord and other ways we communicate with people - we can create sub groups. We're doing Skype interviews with some of our fans, we've had panel interviews with pro drivers, and other things, to get feedback and get them invested in what we're doing. That's what we're going to continue to do.

I mentioned tools. We have part of the team that actually makes tools for the other part of the team. And those are customers, those are fans of our game. And so shifting everything over to be fan first is not just kind of an idea right now, it's something we are pushing through every aspect of the team; how it's organized, how it works, how it talks. And as I said, I don't know how this is going to go. All I know is we're going to take this journey together. And we're going to be open, we're going to be honest, and find the right way to have this discussion with the fans at multiple levels and together we'll do something cool."

The new Forza Discord is located here:
www.aka.ms/ForzaDiscord

Feedback can also be submitted to the developers at the Forza Support site:
https://support.forzamot...t/hc/en-us/requests/new

Look for more Forza news in the future from #ForzaMonthly livestreams on www.mixer.com/Forza, Twitch, and YouTube, as well as announcement articles at www.forzamotorsport.net/news and on the Forza Hub.

Edited by user Sunday, March 10, 2019 9:57:30 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#2 Posted : Sunday, March 17, 2019 2:44:38 PM(UTC)

Why is this hidden way down here in "General Xbox Gaming"?

If you want community engagement.... its important this goes to the TOP under a new "Next Motorsport" Forum or atleast the existing Motorsport Forum.

That's where Motorsport players are most likely to find and contribute...
#3 Posted : Monday, March 18, 2019 2:20:38 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Schumacher 9I Go to Quoted Post

Why is this hidden way down here in "General Xbox Gaming"?

If you want community engagement.... its important this goes to the TOP under a new "Next Motorsport" Forum or atleast the existing Motorsport Forum.

That's where Motorsport players are most likely to find and contribute...

Agreed. And after reading that, all I took away is that weight is definitely being shifted and they've started yet another way to widen the communication gap with another place for people to go to discuss things.

So is FM7 going to be almost a beta for the next game? Are new features going to be treated the same as the Experimental Drag feature that has been stagnant for over 6 months now?!

Edited by user Monday, March 18, 2019 2:21:26 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Maxwell's Speed Shop
xDeaDxZeppLiNx
mechanic, paint

Notification

Icon
Error