This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
14 Pages<<23456>>PrevNext
#76 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2019 1:29:27 PM(UTC)
Then don't complain. Online play is an important part of any game these days, if you make the decision to not have it, you're going to miss things.
#77 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2019 2:00:42 PM(UTC)
One way they can nerf it is to add 50 or so PI points to its aero upgrades, so it can't run aero in A class. It could hurt its usability in S1 class, though.
R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
 1 user liked this post.
#78 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2019 2:05:36 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: OutTheRectangle Go to Quoted Post

Yeah understeer doesn't bother me that much at this point. I got the hang of it the most part, it's just mainly you have to be more "on it". There's only one car that I can't handle the understeer & that's the Mitsubishi GTO. Seems to be great in everything for S1 besides that knockback.

Of course i wouldnt want understeer, but on most cars it no longer bothers. I just have to be more cautious & attentive.

Originally Posted by: V12 SprungBoss Go to Quoted Post

Good if that works for you but i wouldnt say that bone shaker killer when it's not even close bone shaker times.

And while it's good to have good accelaration it shouldnt never be main point building car (outside of drag tunes), even if you have best accelaration car it dont mean nothing if you lose lots of time in corners. And those M5 and 300SL they dont even accelerate any faster than top a-class cars do, daytona even accelerate mutch faster while still getting decent handling. I just made that same 300SL with less power and heavier and even without right fine tuning i was still faster around track because my car take's corners faster. (yet still this thing is damn slow)

I jist got my first Boneshaker today about two hours agp from the Plauground event. My M5 is faster than the highest HP A Class Bone Shaker tune that i saw & downloaded by 4/5 seconds in the Festival Drag Strip. The Bone Shaker hits it about 130/131mph while my M5 hits it at 134/135mph. Heres a video:

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AoNgSK_W84IXb_SO5dP1WQT0Eug

As you can see, both the M5 & None starting their wheel at the line, my M5 pulls harder & hits the trap faster. I did it about 5 time each & my M5 would hit either 134 or 135 on the trap while the Bone hits it at either 130 & 131, with that downloaded tune. That's a significant difference of MPH with my time & that user's tune.

If you look at the video I posted earlier in this thread, you can see when the road is straight that my M5 pulls past just about everyone easily. There's no skill in straight lines, besides who can pull & climb the fastest. I do usually lose a bit of lead with a Bone Shaker when it comes to turns like how you mentioned, but as long as I don't crash or do a unnecessary drift it's not a big to where it's impossible to catch up pretty fine. Same with Daytonas, as you mentioned. Although Daytona can keep up with me more in terms of pure speed.

Handling is not that big of a deal when it come to Class A as long as you have the speed to make up for it & as long as you don't screw a turn up. Speed & patience.

Now that I've spent some time with the Shaker myself, it's not taste than my M5 in terms of Acceleration, HP or Top Speed, but it does have my M5 beaten in grip & handling. The Bone Shaker has amazing brake & turn speed compared to other Class A's, but you should be able to keep up with as long as you do well with turns your self & have the speed to match. If I screw up in a race against a skillful player, I have more of a chance to lose, if i hit all or almost everything correctly against a skillful player, then I have a chance of winning. Thats what these races in my M5 come down too, & why it's a "destroyer" since it can actually have the chance to win now.

I'm going to do my own tune with the Bone Shaker as well & see if I can create a tune even better than the one I downloaded. And I do appreciate yours & others shared tips & experience in this thread too.

Do you try to tell that only thing that matter in a-class is top speed and acceleration? How can bone shaker then dominates every a-class leaderboard where you can use bone shaker? In fortune island rivals weswick festival circuit in top50 there is 48 bone shakers, in elmsdon on sea sprint 34 bone shakers in top 50.

Or how there is allready 3 different people to test out your tunes and we all have been slower your tunes than with cars like daytona or bone shaker (and bunch of different cars as well). Handling is important part even in a-class, last time i drive in tracks there was still corners out there so acceleration and top speed are so relevant if you cant carry enough speed thruw to corners.

I can say that Rayne se and breeminator are skillfull drivers, so i challenge you to testing what time you can set lakehurst forest sprint to test out how you and your tunes do against skillfull drivers. And i recomended really to read what rayne say abaout your tunes in previous page.

@NightDriver7800 Bone shaker is good car in a-class even without aero.
 1 user liked this post.
#79 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2019 2:08:57 PM(UTC)
Some eloquent wordsmith once coined a phrase that I find most befitting the situation, vis-à-vis one Boneshaker. It is most certain that many will concur with this splendid utterance:
Quote:

"git gud".
 2 users liked this post.
#80 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2019 2:19:30 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: AquaPainter168 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: AquaPainter168 Go to Quoted Post
So they give the Bone Shaker away with a live event, and I don't have XBox live so not fair.

You can get 2 months' Xbox Live Gold for $2 / £2 at the moment.

I don't like it Live, when they give it me Free I try to turn it off.

They simply don't care about those that don't have gold membership. Fortunately I'm playing on PC so I don't need to spend real money to get these cars. That doesn't mean I'm not concerned with what the franchise is becoming though, I've the feeling that it's slowly turning into another "game as a service" type of franchise and is giving players less and less freedom to do what they want with each new title. Right now FH simply doesn't have any competition but I hope it will in the near future. We all know what lack of competition for a long time will do to any franchise.
#81 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2019 3:05:57 PM(UTC)
I shared my Boneshaker tune if ya want to check it out and maybe provide feedback. This one doesn't require much in the way of E-breaking if you can get good at throttle and break feathering. I did a majority of the testing/tuning at the festival circuit to achieve the best corning with minimum slide. It works best for rain, snow and dirt but can handle the streets fairly well with a bit more breaking control.
#82 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2019 4:29:05 PM(UTC)
ALL AWD are overpowered on Horizon games and Playground Games never fixed this why you think Playground Games will fix one single car because this single overpowered car is more overpowered than anothers overpowered cars?
#83 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2019 5:37:09 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: breeminator Go to Quoted Post
It was a tune called Handling & Speed by SurPris3 Duck.

I've tried that one in the past, it's very slow, nearly 10 seconds off the pace for LFS.

I just did 3:17.3 with V12 SB's no aero tune, but it's 3 seconds off the pace for Lakehurst Woodland Scramble, so it's very much horses for courses and I'll have to test the different tunes on lots of courses. At least I have 2 Bone Shakers now, would have had 3 but someone beat me to one in the AH.

I guess right that you will beat my time, and there is definetly difference what tunes best in some tracks, that's why i pick my rally tune allways in online, it can handle every weather and surface and do better in freeroam rushes than those other tunes.

I have 3 bone shakers now, i was smart enough buy two of them when they was on forzathon shop.

I have 2 now, I was lucky to get another one in the auction house earlier. I will try and get another one I guess. Never be a better time than this week (unless they ever put it in the shop again).

Edited by user Thursday, February 21, 2019 5:37:51 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#84 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2019 8:42:31 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: StudentDriverBR Go to Quoted Post
ALL AWD are overpowered on Horizon games and Playground Games never fixed this why you think Playground Games will fix one single car because this single overpowered car is more overpowered than anothers overpowered cars?

Whyis that? Many vehicles come in AWD right out of the box. AWD is great in the rain, which is 99% of the races as well.
#85 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2019 9:52:41 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PurpleAlien420 Go to Quoted Post

Whyis that? Many vehicles come in AWD right out of the box. AWD is great in the rain, which is 99% of the races as well.

That is the purist talking. It's like all those with puellaphobia, "ewww never gonna touch a girl" until they find out that "hey, sex is actually fun".
Never know you like it before you try it.
#86 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2019 11:04:01 AM(UTC)
It was a tune called Handling & Speed by SurPris3 Duck.

I've tried that one in the past, it's very slow, nearly 10 seconds off the pace for LFS.

I just did 3:17.3 with V12 SB's no aero tune, but it's 3 seconds off the pace for Lakehurst Woodland Scramble, so it's very much horses for courses and I'll have to test the different tunes on lots of courses. At least I have 2 Bone Shakers now, would have had 3 but someone beat me to one in the AH.

I guess right that you will beat my time, and there is definetly difference what tunes best in some tracks, that's why i pick my rally tune allways in online, it can handle every weather and surface and do better in freeroam rushes than those other tunes.

I have 3 bone shakers now, i was smart enough buy two of them when they was on forzathon shop.

I have 2 now, I was lucky to get another one in the auction house earlier. I will try and get another one I guess. Never be a better time than this week (unless they ever put it in the shop again).

The Bone-Shaker was in the Shop?
#87 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2019 11:29:25 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: latotheX Go to Quoted Post

If I remember correctly its first appearance was in the Forzathon shop. And it had its own seasonal event (Halloween themed).

On a side note: Did anyone try the Skyline R34 on A? Made the typical build (V8, zentrifugal supercharger, front&rear aero, stock front tires/widest rear tires) and it was only ~ 1 second slower on Lakehurst than the Insignia. On my track is was basically identical to the Insignia (0.023 seconds faster). Could be more to yours likings because it's more stable than the Insignia and accelerates faster. Doesn't have the same cornering speed though.
#88 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2019 12:02:38 PM(UTC)
It sure was, thats why so many people have it and use them so frequently. Now I have 2 that i'm keeping lol, I dont wanna see anymore rooms FULL of those damned things
Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track

Check me out on Mixer! www.mixer.com/dareocharmer
#89 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2019 12:27:41 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Rayne SE Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: latotheX Go to Quoted Post

If I remember correctly its first appearance was in the Forzathon shop. And it had its own seasonal event (Halloween themed).

On a side note: Did anyone try the Skyline R34 on A? Made the typical build (V8, zentrifugal supercharger, front&rear aero, stock front tires/widest rear tires) and it was only ~ 1 second slower on Lakehurst than the Insignia. On my track is was basically identical to the Insignia (0.023 seconds faster). Could be more to yours likings because it's more stable than the Insignia and accelerates faster. Doesn't have the same cornering speed though.

You remember right.

R34 is one of the best a-class cars, there is just something that i car i found myself being faster on other good cars. On that same topic do you know any reason why that V8 gets so mutch better stats than many other engine setup, same goes that bmw 3.2l engine.
 1 user liked this post.
#90 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2019 12:43:53 PM(UTC)

You remember right.

R34 is one of the best a-class cars, there is just something that i car i found myself being faster on other good cars. On that same topic do you know any reason why that V8 gets so mutch better stats than many other engine setup, same goes that bmw 3.2l engine.

The stats (weight, power & torgue) aren't THAT much better than the ones other engines have. It's the power curve in combination with manual shifting (redlining the hell out of the engine) which makes it superior. It reaches its peaks right before the redline and the centrifugal supercharger multiplies this advantage.
I guess the PI system doesn't rate the power curve, only the raw stats. A reason why the F50 GT engine is also strong.
I made the Evo VIII with stock engine and supercharged V8. Rest was identical. Lap time difference: 6-7 seconds on my track.
 1 user liked this post.
#91 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2019 2:07:03 PM(UTC)

The stats (weight, power & torgue) aren't THAT much better than the ones other engines have. It's the power curve in combination with manual shifting (redlining the hell out of the engine) which makes it superior. It reaches its peaks right before the redline and the centrifugal supercharger multiplies this advantage.
I guess the PI system doesn't rate the power curve, only the raw stats. A reason why the F50 GT engine is also strong.
I made the Evo VIII with stock engine and supercharged V8. Rest was identical. Lap time difference: 6-7 seconds on my track.

In some old cars there is lots of differents. But still even cars like 300ZX it feel really stupid that with engine swap you get more power and less weight. That's one point why this game is not most casualy friendly what comes in online play that getting max perfomance you need to get spesific kinda build and need to drive all assistest off and manual gears (best cars pretty mutch need allready to use manual and top of that how gear change works in forza you get extra advantage using manual) I just run evo 9 around bamburgh two times with V8 build, first time using automatic and second time with manual, manual was almost 1 second faster in track that is under minute long that is huge different that come's just gear change.
#92 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2019 3:07:44 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PurpleAlien420 Go to Quoted Post

Literally i said AWD is overpowered i never said AWD is bad i like AWD, AWD is like easy mode but i want to use stock drivetrain we have this performance points to make everyone competitive but dont work when they made this system they forgot 2 thinks 1) AWD as a good advantage on start of race 2) this bad streets help AWD(3 if you include dirt play style like cut track, wallride and ram other players) (and in real life AWD is better only on acceleration not on corners like forza make AWD need around 0,5 less handling and this dont make sense the front wheels sending power lower the front grip on corners this is the reason why in real life AWD understeer Ferrari made a system to help fix this Ferrari FF turn off front wheels on high speed for better handling)

Edited by user Friday, February 22, 2019 3:36:55 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#93 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2019 6:27:35 PM(UTC)

Is that the 2002? I've tried some tunes in the past and never got under 3:20. I just tried my own tune based around what you said above, with a couple of variations, and still didn't get under 3:20. The RS4 just seems much better for me.

I just looked at the stats, and I can't explain why the RS4 is so much faster (2.5 secs faster for these two builds):

Weight: 2002 GT-R 3019lb, RS4 2983lb
Power: 2002 GT-R 548hp, RS4 506hp
Lateral Gs: 2002 GT-R 0.96/1.02, RS4 0.96/1.02

So the RS4 has less power, a lower power to weight ratio, and the same lateral Gs, but I find it much faster.

Edited by user Friday, February 22, 2019 6:51:10 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#94 Posted : Saturday, February 23, 2019 10:48:37 AM(UTC)
After using the Bone Shaker some more I'm really not impressed. I just had a ranked free-for-all summer road race, with 4 other Bone Shakers. In the 3 races I started last, 2nd last and 2nd last. And it was really frustrating how quickly the car runs out of puff at around 160mph and can't gain on the leaders (or rather, gain really slowly). I really wished I'd been in an NSX, Daytona or even R34. Lesson learned. The handling isn't even that super incredible to make up for its gutless high end performance. I ended up coming 2nd overall because people in front decided to run me off the road and didn't like being overtaken. And I lost a ranking point despite (without bragging because I know nobody cares or is impressed, but it's true) being clearly the best player in the lobby. (All 3 races were short sprints btw.)

Edited by user Saturday, February 23, 2019 10:59:09 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#95 Posted : Saturday, February 23, 2019 11:08:00 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DaReoCharmer Go to Quoted Post
It sure was, thats why so many people have it and use them so frequently. Now I have 2 that i'm keeping lol, I dont wanna see anymore rooms FULL of those damned things

Oops, I think I am confusing it with the Rip-Rod that could only be gotten in that stupid Drag event a while back. Sorry
#96 Posted : Saturday, February 23, 2019 12:20:38 PM(UTC)

Is that the 2002? I've tried some tunes in the past and never got under 3:20. I just tried my own tune based around what you said above, with a couple of variations, and still didn't get under 3:20. The RS4 just seems much better for me.

I just looked at the stats, and I can't explain why the RS4 is so much faster (2.5 secs faster for these two builds):

Weight: 2002 GT-R 3019lb, RS4 2983lb
Power: 2002 GT-R 548hp, RS4 506hp
Lateral Gs: 2002 GT-R 0.96/1.02, RS4 0.96/1.02

So the RS4 has less power, a lower power to weight ratio, and the same lateral Gs, but I find it much faster.

Some cars fits some peoples better than others, for example in FH3 bugatti eb110 was dominant in street race rivals and some reason that car just dont fit for me so i use 911 because that was so mutch faster car for me. I made today 190E mercedes and that was mutch faster than i belive because when looking stats it didint look that good (less than 300kw power at car that weight 1150kg) i guess centrifugal supercharger just made so mutch in that car (at bamburgh 0,3s slower than daytona)
#97 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2019 9:58:51 PM(UTC)
The Bone Shaker is utterly broken in A class (especially A Dirt). If you don't think it is then you're either not very good, race against bad players, have a bad tune, or all the above. There are a FEW high speed road/street races where you can beat a good player using one, but that's it. Sure, I'll beat plenty of red/blue ranks using them. But anyone around my level, forget it. Not even remotely close. It's awful because other than that one [Mod Edit - Abbreviated profanity, profanity and profanity that is disguised but still alludes to the words are not permitted - D], A class is extremely competitive. It destroys the entire class.

Edited by user Monday, February 25, 2019 12:42:36 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#98 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2019 12:09:55 AM(UTC)
Didn't realize how overused the bone shaker is
Just did a ranked A class championship..out of 12 cars , 7 were bones
And took the first 6 places as well
No one else was even competitive..especially not me in my standard Ford Fiesta lol
 1 user liked this post.
#99 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2019 2:23:07 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: theDiReW0lf21 Go to Quoted Post
The Bone Shaker is utterly broken in A class (especially A Dirt). If you don't think it is then you're either not very good, race against bad players, have a bad tune, or all the above. There are a FEW high speed road/street races where you can beat a good player using one, but that's it. Sure, I'll beat plenty of red/blue ranks using them. But anyone around my level, forget it. Not even remotely close. It's awful because other than that one [Mod Edit - Abbreviated profanity, profanity and profanity that is disguised but still alludes to the words are not permitted - D], A class is extremely competitive. It destroys the entire class.

Please recommend tunes for A class road and dirt then... maybe there are better ones than the ones I've been using.

I don't think anyone has argued it isn't better, just that it isn't light years better. I think that's been borne out by some of the users here who have done extensive lap time testing in different cars and there hasn't been much difference on several tracks.

Edited by user Monday, February 25, 2019 12:43:03 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#100 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2019 3:45:21 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: theDiReW0lf21 Go to Quoted Post

Please recommend tunes for A class road and dirt then... maybe there are better ones than the ones I've been using.

I don't think anyone has argued it isn't better, just that it isn't light years better. I think that's been borne out by some of the users here who have done extensive lap time testing in different cars and there hasn't been much difference on several tracks.

I share yesterday my tune that i have use in dirt/snow rivals (only difference is that brakes are not that aggressive that i use in rivals).

One good thing abaout bone shaker in more casual players is that using automatic is not so negative thing than many other top tier cars. Bone shaker do well in automatic gears but cars like, daytona, evo lancer etc are mutch faster when using manual gears and some good a-class cars even needs manual w/clutch to able to be fast. I was building RS4 few days ago and i really wonder how breeminators tune pulls so big lead right in the start when i use manual gears, i then change using manual w/clutch and i didint lose at acceleration anymore. I was wondering is that difference really that big so i did 1km drag race automatic vs manual vs manual w/clutch, manual was almost 0,6s faster than automatic but when change manual w/clutch it was almost 0,5s faster than using just manual.

Edited by user Monday, February 25, 2019 12:43:23 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

14 Pages<<23456>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error