This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
14 Pages<<121314Prev
#326 Posted : Friday, June 21, 2019 8:54:10 AM(UTC)
Could you maybe upload a tune for me with 110-125% BP? My dirt build is completely in another direction(Arbs 4/30,82% rear diff),and rally suspension with oversteer settings.
#327 Posted : Friday, June 21, 2019 12:48:55 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Rayne SE Go to Quoted Post
ARBs with the obligatory 1/65 cheating.

Please elaborate?

#328 Posted : Saturday, June 22, 2019 4:20:48 AM(UTC)
max grip front,but downside is,it wont drive that good over curbs :/
#329 Posted : Monday, June 24, 2019 2:26:38 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PurpleAlien420 Go to Quoted Post
It's not the car, it's the pilot and the tuning.
I have beaten it using a Hoonigan Nova in A class.
I actually have 2 of them, and I can be beaten.

Some stats.
Bone Shaker: 1 & 2
Top Speed: 170.0
0-60: 2.563
222 Races
73 Podiums
22 Wins
*Car was S1 until recently

Top Speed: 172.5
0-60: 2.356
261 Races
88 Podiums
47 Wins

Napalm Nova:
Top Speed: 175.0
0-60: 2.545
228 Races
68 Podiums
19 Wins

Gremlin X:
Top Speed: 150.1
0-60: 3.818
285 Races
61 Podiums
19 Wins

They are AWD A class mostly tuned for dirt racing, but do work well in the rain in road races.

One thing about that Bone Shaker, it don't like to turn, I spent close to 3 hours at the festival circuit track tuning that thing to make tight turns on wet roads.

I don't see a problem with the Bonershakers. I have a A800 Jaguar XKR-S AWD and it's stats are :

Top Speed: 198.6
0-60: 2.46
0-100 6.341

Looking at the car, it has :

Speed 7.6
Handeling 6.9
Acceleration 7.9
Launch 9.4
Braking 7.2

I have absolutely destroyed some Boneshaker's in PvP Races, but I don't care for racing all that much so my stats are low. 12 Races, 9 Podiums, 4 wins with it
#330 Posted : Monday, June 24, 2019 10:14:21 AM(UTC)
Don’t the stats quoted above show that Purple Alien is much more successful in his BS than any of his other cars - I.e. that the car is having an adversely large impact?

Looking at my own road racing BS (the dirt one would have free roam rush stats distorting it) I have 36 races, 16 wins and 27 podiums, all of which will be online [five of those non podiums I know were in two events against very quick teams all in BSs and I suspect the other four will mainly be street races where something went badly wrong!]. My TZ2, which I mainly used before getting the BS, has 58 races, 14 wins and 36 podiums.

I’m not even convinced my BS tune is particularly good - there are certainly some which I’ve raced that seem to have much better acceleration/launch. However, it generally requires another BS or someone driving lights out in a Daytona or TZ2 to beat me. I won’t risk driving any of the other A class cars in ranked as there’s such a clear disparity.
#331 Posted : Tuesday, June 25, 2019 6:33:41 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: XXoxTwisterxoXX Go to Quoted Post
Could you maybe upload a tune for me with 110-125% BP? My dirt build is completely in another direction(Arbs 4/30,82% rear diff),and rally suspension with oversteer settings.

Sorry for the late response. I'll message you the build and values (in metrical units) later. This way you can alter brake pressure, diff or everything else to your own driving style.
I'm building and tuning my cars in a certain way which won't fit for everyone. The values should give you a point to start though.

Originally Posted by: grolschie Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Rayne SE Go to Quoted Post
ARBs with the obligatory 1/65 cheating.

Please elaborate?

1/65 ARB setting is often used as a cheap way to minimize understeer. Normally, the car should become very unstable (as it would in FM7) but if the suspension is tuned correctly, it won't.
I use it for nearly every AWD-build I have because it allows me to keep the front tire width stock and mostly resign the front aero, sometimes saving massive amounts of PI. Needless to say you can also run rear-aero on every car, providing higher cornering stability and saving additional PI. Thus, my AWD builds often provide a much better power/weight/grip ratio than most builds from popular tuners who use front-aero or front tire width.

From my testing at S900: An AWD car built and tuned like I would have to in FM7 (or which is a popular download) loses 6-7 seconds on my ~6 minutes test track against a 1/65 "cheat" build.

I use it for some RWD cars with rear-aero as well, like the S1 McLaren F1 GT.

Only on FWD cars it seems to be worse than normally adjusted ARBs.

Edited by user Tuesday, June 25, 2019 6:39:18 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#332 Posted : Tuesday, June 25, 2019 5:26:19 PM(UTC)
Thanks for that. Does 1/65 mean front is set to 1 and rear to 65? What about spring height?
 1 user liked this post.
#333 Posted : Wednesday, June 26, 2019 12:07:25 AM(UTC)
Thanks for that. Does 1/65 mean front is set to 1 and rear to 65? What about spring height?

Yes, minimum at the front, maximum at the rear.
Ride height is a little bit trickier. For off-roaders I would always choose the highest possible.
For road cars it's very car-depending. On most I wouldn't run the lowest setting. At least 2-3 ticks to the right. But then there are cars like the NSX R-GT which keep more than enough suspension travel even with the lowest value. Testing is the only option here.

Speaking of the NSX R-GT. After seeing the conversation with breeminator in "your favourite A-class car" from 4 months ago I decided to build the R-GT with the gained "1/65 tuning knowledge" and compare it to the times I achieved back then with the rather normal builds. The lap time increased by 5.5 seconds on my test track. For the normal NSX-R even by ~8 seconds.

The "1/65" setups (it's more than just the ARBs) are just so much better than anything else I've seen since the launch of Horizon 4.
#334 Posted : Wednesday, June 26, 2019 12:40:37 PM(UTC)
Thanks for that, Rayne SE!

Muhahahaha!
*points pinky finger to corner of mouth*
 3 users liked this post.
#335 Posted : Tuesday, July 30, 2019 5:46:10 AM(UTC)
A class, road/street racing. In competitive play nothing seems to come close in their freaking all-round performance.
The boneshaker launch is just GG, they'll lead the race straight away.
The Subaru 22B who got ridiculous acceleration can ALMOST match their acceleration, but in the corners it falls on its face compared to the boneshakers.
Handling wise you need a Lotus or something to match them, which will just fall behind on the straights.
It's very clear that the only way ever to grab grandmaster is by having these and other OP cars. But my god the boneshaker is by far the worst I've seen.
This thing makes me wanna make death threats to whoever decided its stats, ruins an otherwise amazing competitive racing experience, which makes it just worse. Obviously I won't for ethical reasons, but the damn urge is there, especially when you have a perfect race yourself, but three kids who think they can race just because they have a boneshaker get 1-2-3 and your rating drops.

This is why FH never will be a decent esports platform, too little done for balancing the competitive scene, or at least not enough balls to just outright nerf/ban cars.

/endrageinducedrant
#336 Posted : Tuesday, July 30, 2019 12:10:41 PM(UTC)
If you haven't encountered the Tracktor in B Class yet, you're about to have a bad day. ;-)

At least the Bone Shaker, '04 Subaru, and the Tracktor are available to all players and are not Pay-To-Win™.
 2 users liked this post.
#337 Posted : Friday, August 9, 2019 10:12:36 PM(UTC)
Honestly I'm about done with ranked and maybe the game altogether until they either add a car that can compete, Nerf the damn car, or make it available to unlock another way. It's pointless to even play and anytime there are 5 of them guess who places top 5... Every fricken time!! Ruins the game!
#338 Posted : Saturday, August 10, 2019 2:49:24 AM(UTC)
If you haven't encountered the Tracktor in B Class yet, you're about to have a bad day. ;-)

At least the Bone Shaker, '04 Subaru, and the Tracktor are available to all players and are not Pay-To-Win™.

What do you mean? The Top Gear story isn't locked inside any DLC or anything.

Do the stories, get the stars. Took me less half an hour.

Edit: NVM, misread your post.

Edited by user Saturday, August 10, 2019 8:12:49 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

14 Pages<<121314Prev

Notification

Icon
Error