This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
14 Pages<<11121314PrevNext
#301 Posted : Tuesday, June 4, 2019 1:37:38 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Rayne SE Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Tilo38 Go to Quoted Post
Rivals coming back in update 11, if nothing is done, all A leaderboard will be flooded by BS ....

sad that we all know the outcome even before the feature is out..

Yep, I already mentionend it to V12: A-class Rivals is going to be the most boring one. Road, Street & Dirt will mostly see Bone Shakers at the top. Only exceptions I currently see are Greendale Club, Colossus and Goliath.
I don't know if Abell 370 has managed to break in to 51s at Greendale with the Bone Shaker. 51s is where the Clio FE performs.
Colossus is in the hands of the Shelby Daytona.
Goliath will be very interesting. Maybe the Daytona or even some RWD stuff like the Diablo SV.

I'm looking forward to S1 and B Rivals.

I haven't tried to set times with the Boneshaker everywhere, and not Greendale ... (not true, mis-remembered, only 53.1) ... but under 52 sounds like a target it *might* be able to get to ... EDIT: Uh, i ran 10 laps and wasn't close to touching that. I felt like I was hustling to get in the 53's. My tune seemed lost, though. Understeered like crazy, the brakes felt terrible. But regardless of the tune, I'm not doing 51's in it. I hate this car. Whatever's up with it, I don't want to work on it again.

I think there are going to be some rivals builds that make A less boring then we might think ... like that great Clio FE of yours on handling courses. The addition of rivals will probably have people coming up with builds I haven't even considered in my 1000 driving hours, or whatever the ridiculous number is. I'm betting there will be more than a handful of FWD and RWD dominated boards for circuits. I think the ranked lobbies will still be the place where the Boneshaker is most annoying.

BTW, you were right about that McLaren 570S in S class. It's amazing. The Porsche Carrera GT, too.

Edited by user Tuesday, June 4, 2019 11:26:30 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#302 Posted : Tuesday, June 4, 2019 11:10:32 PM(UTC)
And I think this deserves a separate post: I went back to Bamburgh and struggled to get in the 54's even though it looked good, so I went and found the 4 month old Boneshaker thread ...

... Bamburgh was talked about, but the 53.XXX times were for Greendale.

Doh! For months now I was thinking that was the time to beat everytime I was in A class at Bamburgh, without fail. My bad. I apologize. Getting old? In the thread, I said I was done with a 53.8, but went back shooting for the Clio FE time from back then. Couldn't get it.

So the BS isn't 3 seconds faster at Bamburgh than the other AWD ranked lobby cars, but it's at least a big chunk of a second there. S1 seems separated by hundredths, A by a lot more than that.

Edited by user Tuesday, June 4, 2019 11:20:59 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Gramma

#303 Posted : Tuesday, June 4, 2019 11:57:13 PM(UTC)
So, it seems I was right about Greendale at least. No Bone Shaker territory ;)
I can't remember my time at Bamburgh with the Clio. I'll run a few stints today after work. Will be interesting to see if the full-aero or only rear-aero build will take the crown.
At Greendale "max front-aero/min rear-aero" runs ~0.4 seconds faster than "min rear-aero". Those sweeping corners thrive for lateral G's.
At Holyrood the "min rear-aero" outperformed the "max front-aero/min rear-aero" by over 0.6 seconds and I would argue it's the faster build overall. 1:08.6xx was my best time there. Don't know if that's any good.

Jep, the 570S has become my favourite S1 road car. Nimble & very quick off the line with the V10 swap. Gets beaten by the F1, EB110SS and Ford GT '05 on most tracks with power sections though.
#304 Posted : Wednesday, June 5, 2019 12:51:17 AM(UTC)
So, it seems I was right about Greendale at least. No Bone Shaker territory ;)
I can't remember my time at Bamburgh with the Clio. I'll run a few stints today after work. Will be interesting to see if the full-aero or only rear-aero build will take the crown.
At Greendale "max front-aero/min rear-aero" runs ~0.4 seconds faster than "min rear-aero". Those sweeping corners thrive for lateral G's.
At Holyrood the "min rear-aero" outperformed the "max front-aero/min rear-aero" by over 0.6 seconds and I would argue it's the faster build overall. 1:08.6xx was my best time there. Don't know if that's any good.

Jep, the 570S has become my favourite S1 road car. Nimble & very quick off the line with the V10 swap. Gets beaten by the F1, EB110SS and Ford GT '05 on most tracks with power sections though.

You have done 55,3xx in bamburgh with Clio FE and i have done abaout 56,0 if i remember right (tho i havent test min rear aero version im gonna give try on that one) So there is gonna be at least 3 circuits where Bone shaker is not fastest (festival, ambleside, greendale)

Edit: I tested Clio at bamburgh at with Rayne grip tune i did 55,6 and my own tune i did 55,5 if i can make my tune as stable than rayne tune is i think i can get close to 55 but i think i cant beat my Bone shaker time.

Edited by user Wednesday, June 5, 2019 1:44:57 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#305 Posted : Wednesday, June 5, 2019 2:59:19 AM(UTC)
It was only a 55? Doesn't sound that quick to me. I was running 55.6 yesterday in my Cayenne :D
If I remember correctly I did a 54.6 with my Ferrari 360 CS in an A custom adventure lately.
I guess I'll run a few cars today at Bamburgh:

Clio FE, Daytona, 360 CS, GT40, AMG GT 4, Subaru 22B, Evo VI & R34.
#306 Posted : Wednesday, June 5, 2019 3:18:35 AM(UTC)
It was only a 55? Doesn't sound that quick to me. I was running 55.6 yesterday in my Cayenne :D
If I remember correctly I did a 54.6 with my Ferrari 360 CS in an A custom adventure lately.
I guess I'll run a few cars today at Bamburgh:

Clio FE, Daytona, 360 CS, GT40, AMG GT 4, Subaru 22B, Evo VI & R34.

Yeah it was "only" 55 :D Is your 360 CS shared, i would like to give it a test. I would need to make 22B also it seems to be really popular in custom adventure.
 2 users liked this post.
#307 Posted : Wednesday, June 5, 2019 7:59:40 AM(UTC)
Not a single word from the devs, they don't even care at this point...
 1 user liked this post.
#308 Posted : Wednesday, June 5, 2019 8:08:39 AM(UTC)
What should they do? They aren't going to intentionally nerf a car. Yes, they don't care. Do you have any idea how many posts of mine a developer hasn't answered? lol

Edited by user Wednesday, June 5, 2019 8:10:29 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#309 Posted : Wednesday, June 5, 2019 9:29:48 AM(UTC)
Seems I misremembered the digits by a second.
After running 6 outlaps for every car:

Bone Shaker (race tires) : 54.405
Clio FE (rear-aero): 54.731
Daytona: 55.289
Gt40 Mk1: 55.389
22B: 55.723
360 CS: 55.756
Evo VI: 55.798
R34: 56.057
AMG GT 4: 56.424
Cayenne'18: 56.707

So, only the Clio can somewhat match the Bone Shaker at Bamburgh. The first corner is the most important one here. ~200 km/h should be held to gain time in the first bit.
After the sharp left the Clio can't keep up anymore.
#310 Posted : Wednesday, June 5, 2019 12:25:21 PM(UTC)
Possibly they expects same as Sub 2004 for FH3, the bad thing for FH4 is Ranked and the timing with the upcoming release of Class based rivals ... only a few degrees less in turning and this car would be as out as it is in FH3, sad but consistent with everything PG/T10 has done in FH4 so far.
Neo open your mind, you are just a drivatar
 2 users liked this post.
#311 Posted : Wednesday, June 5, 2019 2:35:47 PM(UTC)
Seems I misremembered the digits by a second.
After running 6 outlaps for every car:

Bone Shaker (race tires) : 54.405
Clio FE (rear-aero): 54.731
Daytona: 55.289
Gt40 Mk1: 55.389
22B: 55.723
360 CS: 55.756
Evo VI: 55.798
R34: 56.057
AMG GT 4: 56.424
Cayenne'18: 56.707

So, only the Clio can somewhat match the Bone Shaker at Bamburgh. The first corner is the most important one here. ~200 km/h should be held to gain time in the first bit.
After the sharp left the Clio can't keep up anymore.

Good analysis, thanks for sharing!
I've only had one BS until this week, so I'd always run rally tires on it for versatility. Those drop the bamburgh time about a second - about 55.5. And I think that might be the bigger balance issue - aren't all those other cars running stock/sport tires? It's been a while since I've played enough to test (or care about testing), but my recollection is that on a wet bamburgh, the difference is multiple seconds. So too with snow.
 1 user liked this post.
#312 Posted : Wednesday, June 5, 2019 5:02:55 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Wasssaaaa Go to Quoted Post
Not a single word from the devs, they don't even care at this point...

This isn't the Support forum. Support staff don't really post here.

#313 Posted : Sunday, June 16, 2019 12:15:27 AM(UTC)
When racing against Pro drivatars, on Dirt Series or Cross Country, all you need is Boneshaker! Demonstrated beautifully on the new Lego DLC. Such a great car. Slap on some rally suspension and tyres and it blows away the Pro drivatars. 😍
#314 Posted : Tuesday, June 18, 2019 3:27:20 PM(UTC)
For anyone on this thread saying there are other cars that are equally as good as the bone shaker, you’re just plain wrong.

The only car that comes close to comparing is the Alfa Romeo tz2. But 9 times out of ten, the bone shaker will win. Most people say “it’s about the driver, not the car” but in this case it’s DEFINITELY about the car.

The Bone Shaker is simply too fast to accelerate and too grippy to be beaten by any other thing in A class as of right now. It pains me to use the car everytime an A class event comes up in ranked, but I must use it in order to win, that’s just how it is.
#315 Posted : Tuesday, June 18, 2019 3:38:24 PM(UTC)
Isn't this car awesome? Everyone should use it!
 1 user liked this post.
#316 Posted : Wednesday, June 19, 2019 8:32:39 AM(UTC)
Winning with BS is just cheapest win of the whole game unless ... racing against BS. That's great that people tend to not use it on FFAA and custom adv.

Reaching podium with a stock car, that is much more impressive to me.

Concerning ranked, indeed, I agree that chances to win without BS requires very law level opponents. It is another subject, but to me, BS is just adding the icy on the cake of the screwed thing that is FH4 ranked mode.

Sad for rivals that are doomed/drowned of BS. ...

1 user liked this post.
#317 Posted : Wednesday, June 19, 2019 9:16:53 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Carbine Element Go to Quoted Post
For anyone on this thread saying there are other cars that are equally as good as the bone shaker, you’re just plain wrong.

The only car that comes close to comparing is the Alfa Romeo tz2. But 9 times out of ten, the bone shaker will win. Most people say “it’s about the driver, not the car” but in this case it’s DEFINITELY about the car.

The Bone Shaker is simply too fast to accelerate and too grippy to be beaten by any other thing in A class as of right now. It pains me to use the car everytime an A class event comes up in ranked, but I must use it in order to win, that’s just how it is.

The Ford Roadster can hold its own very well against the BS on dirt/snow circuits, but that’s about it. BS is definitely the best all around for class A. I too get sick of using it for ranked, but I’m not that mad about it though. Pretty much all of the other classes are better balanced and there’s much more variety to choose from. Just a few days ago my mates and I got owned by another team using McLaren F1’s for S1 snow racing. None of us even knew the F1 was any good in the snow, but low and behold!
#318 Posted : Wednesday, June 19, 2019 11:07:39 AM(UTC)
There's always going to be a 'best' car in any class. I think the cause of the complaints about the Bone Shaker has nothing to do with the car itself. It's to do with the fact that we are not penalized for widening rear tyres. We are with front tyres, but not the rear for some reason. Hence the Bone Shaker with massively wide rear tyres with no penalty.

Change the PI system (that's not going to happen) and it's fixed.
 2 users liked this post.
#319 Posted : Wednesday, June 19, 2019 12:12:31 PM(UTC)

What if Don Joewon Song told you the A class Barrett Jackson Ford Roadster was "just as good" as the Boneshaker? If they banned/nerfed the Boneshaker for ranked play I wonder how long it would take to replace this thread with a "Playground do something with the BJ Ford Roadster!" thread. Not to mention that the newly replaced meta Boneshaker would become a paid DLC car. I'm sure people would love that ;p

https://youtu.be/Byq5sxLO4eM?t=574
#320 Posted : Wednesday, June 19, 2019 7:57:11 PM(UTC)
The issue with BS is less than it is the best class A and more about the gap between its overall performance and the one of other cars. It is breaking the sole purpose of having classes.

For sure, let's put an S2 in S1 class, it will be the best, then remonve it , for sure there will still be a best. Why not the very same issue on S1 having a single car mastering all seasons asphalt and dirt ? Because there is not one car having overall performance much higher.

Can they do that again ? Sure, can they screw S1 , S2, B .... sure they can, just surprised they did not do with some Lego cars.
 1 user liked this post.
#321 Posted : Wednesday, June 19, 2019 9:57:06 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Mono Chrom4tic Go to Quoted Post

The Ford Roadster can hold its own very well against the BS on dirt/snow circuits, but that’s about it. BS is definitely the best all around for class A. I too get sick of using it for ranked, but I’m not that mad about it though. Pretty much all of the other classes are better balanced and there’s much more variety to choose from. Just a few days ago my mates and I got owned by another team using McLaren F1’s for S1 snow racing. None of us even knew the F1 was any good in the snow, but low and behold!

Agree. Got 2 roadsters A class. 1 for street/ asphalt. 1 for dirt/ snow. It gives you at least a chance if it's noobs in a BS. Against 'top' drivers tho you still need to drive the race of your life and hope for the best. I can't stand the sight of it. In FH3 and FH4 I've never owned one. Never driven one. Never will.

#322 Posted : Thursday, June 20, 2019 12:37:50 AM(UTC)
Who‘s that awesome Shone Baker dude, everyone is talking about?

Ok I‘ll shut up.
#323 Posted : Thursday, June 20, 2019 11:38:13 AM(UTC)
I love me some Bone Shaker action! Awesome car! Especially online!

Edited by user Thursday, June 20, 2019 11:38:49 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#324 Posted : Thursday, June 20, 2019 10:38:40 PM(UTC)
I tried a bit my times at Bamburg(Summer)...
My Dirt tunes reached 55,1xx-55,2xx,but my race tire tune sucked,in comparison...also only 55,1xx,and no chance in rain :)

Rayne do you have a race tune uploaded with about 110% bp and more balance on the backtire?
#325 Posted : Friday, June 21, 2019 12:18:03 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: XXoxTwisterxoXX Go to Quoted Post
I tried a bit my times at Bamburg(Summer)...
My Dirt tunes reached 55,1xx-55,2xx,but my race tire tune sucked,in comparison...also only 55,1xx,and no chance in rain :)

Rayne do you have a race tune uploaded with about 110% bp and more balance on the backtire?

My race tire build runs 200% brake pressure with a 30 front/70 rear distribution, 85% power to the rear via the diff.
Front damper rebound is set to the lowest vaue (3.0 in metric), everything else aligned to that value to make it as oversteery as possible. ARBs with the obligatory 1/65 cheating.
Without the tuning "exploits" the AWD Bone Shaker on A-class would be an understeery piece of trash - like a car with those proportions should be.
14 Pages<<11121314PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error