This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
14 Pages<<1011121314PrevNext
 2 users liked this post.
#276 Posted : Monday, May 27, 2019 12:59:50 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post
Or we have tried the others, but prefer using the bone shaker. Why it would surprise anyone, much less ANNOY them so much, is very strange indeed.

You must find a lot of things confusing in life, if you find people picking a good tool for a job to be so baffling or annoying.

We've had 'tryhard' and 'small minds' - perhaps it isn't the people using bone shakers who are the problem here?

As for 'not liking challenges' - I'm not the one who avoids ranked, in fact I mostly only play ranked, which is MUCH tougher than the relative cake walk of unranked. But never would I attack people who prefer to play an easier / less stressful mode. Nor to presume I must be 'better' than them morally in some way. Absurd.

You can like and use the BS all you want but that doesn't change the fact it is overpowered and basically the best car for A. Of course you would like using it more when you win in it more than your other A cars!!!!!!!!! What other car has a thread about it needing to be nerfed??????????

Things to be confusing in life? What are you talking about? Maybe I like the challenge of NOT using the fastest car every time. Holy smokes it's amazing how some people can't grasp this concept. What do you think is more rewarding? Using the best car and winning or using a random car you built and tuned and winning?

If someone uses the KNOWN FASTEST car every time, not once in a while but every time they are in fact a Try Hard. They obviously don't have confidence in their abilities to try something different or they know that the BS is OVERPOWERED and is nearly impossible to beat so they join in with the other Try Hards and use it every time. Again emphasis on the words "EVERY TIME." If you don't use this car every time than what I said doesn't apply to you does it?

Not sure where your whole ranked comment is coming from but I never said anything about ranked. Obviously ranked is more difficult as entire lobbies are filled with...Boneshakers. Lol.
If you could go ahead and take out all the things I loved about Horizon, that would be great.
 1 user liked this post.
#277 Posted : Monday, May 27, 2019 1:37:52 PM(UTC)
You seem to have significant trouble reading and comprehending what people say.

I used other A class cars before I got my first bone shaker, so I am well aware of, and familiar with the other cars.

If I were to use your logic, I could accuse you of 'lacking confidence in your abilities' by not playing ranked mode instead. But that would be STUPID because you can do what you want. Why in a game would someone be expected to do something they DON'T want, or be labelled with insulting terms by random internet users? Do you understand how that would be stupid?

I don't call people stupid or other insulting terms for NOT using a bone shaker in A class, so why should the opposite apply?

By the way, I've seen enough people with bone shakers place lower than other cars so it isn't an easy win. It's probably more a self-fulfilling prophecy whereby the better players tend to be the ones who made the effort to get it in the first place, like I did. It helps. It isn't a magic bullet.
 1 user liked this post.
#278 Posted : Monday, May 27, 2019 2:22:20 PM(UTC)
Sorry to Mini-Mod here but can we stop this bickering? The more divided we are on this issue, the more PG can rely on their "data" as it being 100% true (it's not btw) so let's unite on this issue to show that the Bone Shaker is over-powered and needs to be changed. For the better and for the integrity of online adventure.
Photographer, Painter, Tuner, Racer and Rally Fanatic. Maybe bring back Group B?
 1 user liked this post.
#279 Posted : Monday, May 27, 2019 2:22:22 PM(UTC)
You seem to have significant trouble reading and comprehending what people say.

I used other A class cars before I got my first bone shaker, so I am well aware of, and familiar with the other cars.

If I were to use your logic, I could accuse you of 'lacking confidence in your abilities' by not playing ranked mode instead. But that would be STUPID because you can do what you want. Why in a game would someone be expected to do something they DON'T want, or be labelled with insulting terms by random internet users? Do you understand how that would be stupid?

I don't call people stupid or other insulting terms for NOT using a bone shaker in A class, so why should the opposite apply?

By the way, I've seen enough people with bone shakers place lower than other cars so it isn't an easy win. It's probably more a self-fulfilling prophecy whereby the better players tend to be the ones who made the effort to get it in the first place, like I did. It helps. It isn't a magic bullet.

Says the person who just didn't read another users comment earlier...irony?

Ah I missed that you were referring to unranked specifically. Your comment now makes more sense, though I still respectfully disagree with the 'tryhard' pejorative.

And here you again on the ranked tangent which has nothing to do with anything I said. Not once did I say that I play ranked or unranked. Sigh....

As much fun as this has been going back and forth with you I'm over it. You have your opinions and I have mine. Enjoy the game.

If you could go ahead and take out all the things I loved about Horizon, that would be great.
#280 Posted : Monday, May 27, 2019 2:25:18 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: YellowJacketTMU Go to Quoted Post
Sorry to Mini-Mod here but can we stop this bickering? The more divided we are on this issue, the more PG can rely on their "data" as it being 100% true (it's not btw) so let's unite on this issue to show that the Bone Shaker is over-powered and needs to be changed. For the better and for the integrity of online adventure.

Sorry I didn't mean to derail the thread and go back and forth with someone. I agree it's overpowered and needs some minor tweaks to level the playing field.
 2 users liked this post.
#281 Posted : Monday, May 27, 2019 10:00:36 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: xPREEMOx Go to Quoted Post

Sorry I didn't mean to derail the thread and go back and forth with someone. I agree it's overpowered and needs some minor tweaks to level the playing field.

No it doesn’t need tweaked. A TZ2 can handle it, which is available in the auto show so it’s available to all players. If you nerf either then another car will take its place. And then everyone will whine about nerfing that car. Then it’ll get nerfed, then another car will take its place. It’s all down to tuning and there’ll always be a top car.
 1 user liked this post.
#282 Posted : Monday, May 27, 2019 11:39:47 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Clutch63 Go to Quoted Post

No it doesn’t need tweaked. A TZ2 can handle it, which is available in the auto show so it’s available to all players. If you nerf either then another car will take its place. And then everyone will whine about nerfing that car. Then it’ll get nerfed, then another car will take its place. It’s all down to tuning and there’ll always be a top car.

I'm not saying it needs a major overhaul but it does need a little taken off of it. Maybe the rear axles can be shortened a little. It can cut corners real easily and you never have to worry about missing a checkpoint because the rear axles will get it almost every time.

2 users liked this post.
#283 Posted : Tuesday, May 28, 2019 12:57:56 AM(UTC)
there is only 3 OP cars in A class .. and they are because they have verey goo handling with very good weight power ratios plus light weight that assure Great accel and low drag (and very low drag for the BS)

u can match this weight/power ratio (2.8 with kw and kg) and handling (0.96 and 1.07 g) with some car with the v8 supercharged swap .. but u need full aero part maxed so u have a lot of drag (mostly classic must)

but the worst is that car with out this swap cant just compet the w/p ratio is sometime down to 3 and u even have as much handling

this is why S1 is so balanced .. the p/w ratio and the handling is quite balanced .. u either have one or the other not both

S2 has a bit the same issues with some hypercar .. due to the nature of the map .. most tracks are very handling .. so handling hypers and extreme tracks toys dominate .. and power focus hypers are left behind because the dont have enough hanling like the holy trinity or high power hypers like koenigseggs or Bugattis or 998 supers like the S2s 911 or lambos

at this point u realease the PI needs to be tweaked by hand to avoid OP engines swaps, OP cars, left behind because bad PI calculation, and AWD dominance .. it doesnt makes sense that some cars top classes with less power more weight less grip then the rest .. they at least need something ..

Edited by user Tuesday, May 28, 2019 1:19:05 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users liked this post.
#284 Posted : Tuesday, May 28, 2019 1:35:25 AM(UTC)

Do you see the TZ2 has its own thread? or the Cobra even though they are available in the auto show? No, because they are not all-round OP like the BS. The BS is pretty much unbeatable in most races(even the dirt one) unless the driver is that bad.

Edited by user Tuesday, May 28, 2019 1:36:03 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#285 Posted : Tuesday, May 28, 2019 1:12:48 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FM sheep Go to Quoted Post

Do you see the TZ2 has its own thread? or the Cobra even though they are available in the auto show? No, because they are not all-round OP like the BS. The BS is pretty much unbeatable in most races(even the dirt one) unless the driver is that bad.

The reason they don’t have a thread is because you can purchase them in the auto show where as the BS is only available through special events. Regardless, I haven’t tried the Cobra, but the TZ2 can beat the BS on most tracks in most weather conditions. I’ve been using it the past month and it boosted my FFA rank to 11.
 5 users liked this post.
#286 Posted : Tuesday, May 28, 2019 2:17:53 PM(UTC)

The reason they don’t have a thread is because you can purchase them in the auto show where as the BS is only available through special events. Regardless, I haven’t tried the Cobra, but the TZ2 can beat the BS on most tracks in most weather conditions. I’ve been using it the past month and it boosted my FFA rank to 11.

Or maybe those cars dont have thread because those are not that broken than BS is. Did you think abaout that if BS is so easy to beat with TZ2 why this thread is allready 12 pages long or how elmson on sea sprint rivals have 42! bone shakers in top 50 and zero TZ2 (fastest TZ2 is in place 61)
 2 users liked this post.
#287 Posted : Sunday, June 2, 2019 7:45:47 PM(UTC)
Bumping this thread because I'm not willing to let this issue go.... and to post my updated thoughts on the issue later on today
Photographer, Painter, Tuner, Racer and Rally Fanatic. Maybe bring back Group B?
#288 Posted : Sunday, June 2, 2019 10:14:50 PM(UTC)
Bumping this thread because I'm not willing to let this issue go.... and to post my updated thoughts on the issue later on today

They've done something about the Boneshaker. It's now available to everyone who 80% completes this series.
 2 users liked this post.
#289 Posted : Sunday, June 2, 2019 10:19:28 PM(UTC)
Honestly, my only problem with the Boneshaker being OP in A-Class, is that it's a Hot Wheels car. It bugs me that what is essentially a fake car, is the king of A-Class.

I've got one but never use it, because I think just driving the OP Wagons in every class is extremely boring.
 2 users liked this post.
#290 Posted : Sunday, June 2, 2019 10:38:56 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: grolschie Go to Quoted Post

They've done something about the Boneshaker. It's now available to everyone who 80% completes this series.

You gotta be joking if you call that a solution?

1 user liked this post.
#291 Posted : Monday, June 3, 2019 1:49:10 AM(UTC)

Yeah, that´s a really good solution for people like me who don´t use OP stuff in video games as a matter of principle. Definitely a great solution!
Seriously: Nobody is questioning that the Boneshaker in undoubtebly OP for A-Class races, so why exactly does PG not want to fix this issue? I won´t play Online Adventures until we don´t have OP cars anymore.
Just look at S1 and S2: There are no OP cars there, many cars are able to win those races, thus negating the whole "Another car will take its place" point. It´s entirely possible to have balanced classes, they just need to rework some cars that obviously need adjustment.
 2 users liked this post.
#292 Posted : Monday, June 3, 2019 7:26:16 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: AndiYTDE Go to Quoted Post

Yeah, that´s a really good solution for people like me who don´t use OP stuff in video games as a matter of principle. Definitely a great solution!
Seriously: Nobody is questioning that the Boneshaker in undoubtebly OP for A-Class races, so why exactly does PG not want to fix this issue? I won´t play Online Adventures until we don´t have OP cars anymore.
Just look at S1 and S2: There are no OP cars there, many cars are able to win those races, thus negating the whole "Another car will take its place" point. It´s entirely possible to have balanced classes, they just need to rework some cars that obviously need adjustment.

It's because PG looking stats and because casual players who cant take advantage of that car dont win with that it's dragging overall win % down making stats looking that it's not that OP than it is. Just like yesterday when i play custom adventure in a-class there was guy using bone shaker but when other players driving skill was mutch higher level that Bone shaker was in the bottom. Little bit later there was small winter lobby and there was guy using Bone shaker and i beat him with Capri but i didint beat him because Capri would be equaly good than Bone shaker i beat him because i was just so mutch better driver.
#293 Posted : Monday, June 3, 2019 12:52:32 PM(UTC)
So my thoughts again on this (and may be skewed at some point) is that the Bone Shaker is somewhat over-powered. Why I say this is that the OP builds I have tried/made myself for the Bone Shaker seem really understeer-y. Almost like the stats it's shows aren't the same as what it drives like. I have a couple cars that has more cornerspeed or more acceleration then the Bone Shaker (that aren't the TZ2 or the Shelby Daytona) so what I'm gonna piece together is that there are cars with better corner speed or better acceleration. So on fairly balanced tracks, the Bone Shaker will have a good chance of winning but the second there are one too many corners, the Bone Shaker will be thrown to the back of the pack.
 1 user liked this post.
#294 Posted : Monday, June 3, 2019 1:40:16 PM(UTC)
Y

At Bamburgh Beach Circuit, the Boneshaker beats the TZ2 by over 3 seconds. BY OVER 3 SECONDS. Edit - remembered this wrong ... more like over 1 second. The TZ2 isn't better than the Boneshaker, Daytona, or 33 Stradale. It's still one of the better cars, though ... but not only is the Boneshaker, Daytona or 33 Stradale better, on most courses, including courses that show up in ranked lobbies, the Boneshaker is WAY ahead. It isn't just ahead by a tenth of a second or two. On some courses, we're talking full seconds.

There are a few courses that I've been testing on, and the difference between #1 and #2 times on boards are usually less than 0.100 seconds, no matter the class. It's nice to see all the cars bunched up, and to see 100 or so cars within a second of #1. The Boneshaker is the one car in the game that uglies that up on multiple courses. And it's versatile. It's not some FWD drive car tailored to only one kind of track.

I have no doubt that people can beat some other people that drive Boneshakers. I've been in lobbies where more that half the people were in Boneshakers but most were not competent. That's not how you judge how over powered a car is. In expert hands, the Boneshaker crushes most places, and the stopwatch doesn't lie.

Edited by user Tuesday, June 4, 2019 11:18:19 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#295 Posted : Monday, June 3, 2019 2:07:08 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Abell 370 Go to Quoted Post

At Bamburgh Beach Circuit, the Boneshaker beats the TZ2 by over 3 seconds. BY OVER 3 SECONDS.

Geeez how insane your time in bone shaker is then in bamburgh? In my hands those cars dont have that big difference but still Bone shaker is over second faster.
#296 Posted : Monday, June 3, 2019 8:43:18 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: V12 SprungBoss Go to Quoted Post

At Bamburgh Beach Circuit, the Boneshaker beats the TZ2 by over 3 seconds. BY OVER 3 SECONDS.

Geeez how insane your time in bone shaker is then in bamburgh? In my hands those cars dont have that big difference but still Bone shaker is over second faster.

It's like 53.1 to 56's. Maybe the TZ2 time is slow, not my best course, but even my 33 Stradale is more than 2 seconds back, in the 55's. 53.1 is closer to my all-around S1 cars than my all-around A cars. Edit - remembered this wrong, thought my BS greendale time was a bamburgh time for months now.

Boneshaker with race tires, by the way. It looks like a lot of people try to just add power, and I may be wrong, but I think that's not the thing to do for a bunch of the events. Instead of sacrificing grip to make a quick-but-slow car just a little less slow, I leaned into handing with my main BS. It flies through corners. I was trying to get to tier 10 before I quit ranked, got frustrated with scoring system, so I used that BS in the last 3 A road lobbies before I got to 10. It was a good choice for all 9 of those races, but I think that rivals event on Fortune Island needs a power build?

Edited by user Tuesday, June 4, 2019 11:15:48 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#297 Posted : Monday, June 3, 2019 10:07:07 PM(UTC)
Rivals coming back in update 11, if nothing is done, all A leaderboard will be flooded by BS ....

sad that we all know the outcome even before the feature is out..
Neo open your mind, you are just a drivatar
 1 user liked this post.
#298 Posted : Monday, June 3, 2019 11:18:02 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Tilo38 Go to Quoted Post
Rivals coming back in update 11, if nothing is done, all A leaderboard will be flooded by BS ....

sad that we all know the outcome even before the feature is out..

Yep, I already mentionend it to V12: A-class Rivals is going to be the most boring one. Road, Street & Dirt will mostly see Bone Shakers at the top. Only exceptions I currently see are Greendale Club, Colossus and Goliath.
I don't know if Abell 370 has managed to break in to 51s at Greendale with the Bone Shaker. 51s is where the Clio FE performs.
Colossus is in the hands of the Shelby Daytona.
Goliath will be very interesting. Maybe the Daytona or even some RWD stuff like the Diablo SV.

I'm looking forward to S1 and B Rivals.
#299 Posted : Tuesday, June 4, 2019 1:34:22 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: AndiYTDE Go to Quoted Post

Well, as S1 and S2 are the top classes on the ladder, they enjoy the deepest pools of variety and power from D-class on up (versus A's potential pool only being D to A), so more 'balanced parity' can be expected in the upper classes..
I have a vocabulary and I don’t apologize for it.
#Rivals #OpenClasss #LowerClasses #AMCPacerX
#300 Posted : Tuesday, June 4, 2019 1:36:47 AM(UTC)

It's like 53.1 to 56's. Maybe the TZ2 time is slow, not my best course, but even my 33 Stradale is more than 2 seconds back, in the 55's. 53.1 is closer to my all-around S1 cars than my all-around A cars.

Boneshaker with race tires, by the way. It looks like a lot of people try to just add power, and I may be wrong, but I think that's not the thing to do for a bunch of the events. Instead of sacrificing grip to make a quick-but-slow car just a little less slow, I leaned into handing with my main BS. It flies through corners. I was trying to get to tier 10 before I quit ranked, got frustrated with scoring system, so I used that BS in the last 3 A road lobbies before I got to 10. It was a good choice for all 9 of those races, but I think that rivals event on Fortune Island needs a power build?

Or maybe im just really slow there with BS, with every kinda BS i have done 54.9-55.0 and with TZ2 i have done 56.0. Fortune island event i use same build than main game rivals event on a-class so winter tires and 312kw. But pretty mutch no matter what kinda build it's overall way faster than any other A800 car.
14 Pages<<1011121314PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error