6 Pages123>>Next
#1 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2019 10:05:36 AM(UTC)

The Series 6 preview was livestreamed on February 11. The content update was released on February 13 in advance of the Summer season starting February 14.

- Seasonal Playground Games
- Car Pass and Reward Cars
- Street Race Seasonal Championships
- New Horizon Story
- Route Blueprint Challenge
- What's on the Horizon?

RetroKrystal has provided a summary in her Socials/Media thread:

Originally Posted by: RetroKrystal Go to Quoted Post

Forza Horizon 4 – Update 6

Topics Covered: (notes)
Updates and Fixes – Link the release notes/bugs & issues
Series 7 & Beyond teases – Festival Pass, Showcase Remix

Seasonal Playground Games Championships
You can now play Playground Games in a variety of seasons. On stream we show an exampleof the Railyard Playground Games in Autumn.

Community Championships
These are routes submitted by you the players in our Route Competition2 which we will then potentially feature during our streams and in-game.

The winners for this competition are:
Summer - Bamburgh Pinewood Scramble by qghost and Sweet Calf by The Magic Yeti
Autumn - Classic Muddy Special by Little Gibus and Festival Scramble by EmeraldSundisk
Winter - Horizon XS Rallycross by HWYRenegade and Mudkickers' Dirt Rally Park by SeaGL Gaming
Spring - Mountain Circuit by Jack Broseff and Le Mans UK by romeoteknik

Next Competition: Enter here for a chance to win the Ken Block Suit & Hat, Quartz Regalia & HON Prelude

The end of Car Pass
Totally 42 cars, we are coming up to the end of Car Pass. However, don’t worry, you will be able to gain cars through other means such as Rewards.

Street Race Seasonal Championships
Showing off the Summer Street Race Seasonal Championships which will allow you to win the TVR Tuscan, NIS Fairlady, Cad Escalade, Block Helmet & Ken Block Suit.

Skill Streak
In the newly added Horizon Story “Skill Streak” Jaimin needs to help with difficult problems like “What is the best SUV?” and “Just how fast can you drive an EB110 while NOT hitting anything?” as well as the question that has vexed the greatest thinkers since time immemorial “Just how much can you hoon in a railyard?”
Rack up those skill points in the hope to reach 3 stars!

The new Story unlocks at level 60, close to the Stone Circle. Rewards include a unique Chat Phrase, and the GYMKHANA 9 Ford Focus RS RX.

Pass the Pad
Showing off a route which has been tweeted to the Developers as a challenge to take-on during the stream.
Every time a checkpoint is missed, the controller pad is transferred to the next person.

The route attempted was Ninja Training #3 by user Don Joewon Song

Release Notes & Known Issue
The updates & fixes that have been released regarding this update can be found here. (Direct link still pending)

In the future
Upcoming in future streams:
  • Festival Pass
  • Showcase Remix

Forza Horizon 4 | Series 6
Brian Ekberg
Wednesday, February 13, 2019
www.forzamotorsport.net/news/fh4_series6

Quote:
Series 6 is here! Along with another cycle of season changes and events coming into the game, Series 6 is bringing brand new content in the form of new racing events, new Car Pass vehicles to enjoy, and more. Here’s an overview of the Series 6 highlights:

Here’s a closer look at some of the new features coming into the game with Series 6:

New Horizon Story: Skill Streak
A new Horizon Story series is here! Available at level 60, the Skill Streak story series can be found close to the Stone Circle. Event creator Jaimin needs your help finding the answer to questions that can only be answered at the Horizon Festival. You know, questions like, “Just how fast can you drive an EB110 while NOT hitting anything?” or “How much can one hoon in a railyard?” Find out in this multi-chapter event featuring some of the hottest, hoon-ready cars in Forza Horizon 4.

Seasonal Playground Games
If you love to compete in Playground Game events, we’ve now added a new Seasonal Playground Games feature with Series 6. Previously, players could only access Playground Games events via Online Adventure or while in a Horizon Life convoy. The new Seasonal Playground Games lets players simply drive up to the events and sign up; players will be matched across the community and then can jump in and play. There’s new rewards to earn as well, including the Volkswagen Global Rallycross, the Hot Wheels Boneshaker, the Lotus 2-Eleven, and a Super Wheelspin.

Seasonal Street Races
Street Scene joins the Seasonal event rotation with Street Race Seasonal Championships, offering great rewards, including Ken Block gear!

Series 6 Car Pass
Series 6 features the final set of cars coming to the Forza Horizon 4 Car Pass and it’s a great list of vehicles. [EDIT]
Series 6 features the final set of cars coming to the Forza Horizon 4 Car Pass and it’s a great pair of vehicles. There include the positively boat-like 1959 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible and the return of TVR in the form of the hotly anticipated TVR Griffith.

Alongside the new Car Pass cars, we’re adding new reward cars like the 2001 TVR Tuscan S and two Quartz Regalia models, including the new-to-Forza Regalia Type D. These two Final Fantasy XV vehicles will both be available to earn as gameplay rewards starting after the Summer season change on February 14. [Mod Edit - the Quartz is an Autumn reward and the Type D is available from the Regalia Car Mastery tree. - MM]In the future players can look forward to more cars coming into Forza Horizon 4, including community favorites like the 1994 Honda Prelude Si and the 1994 Nissan Fairlady Z Version S Twin Turbo.

Final Fantasy XV Regalia Models video

If you want to learn more about the new features coming in Series 6, check out the replay of Playground Games’ Series 6 livestream show, which originally aired on Monday, February 11 on the Forza Mixer and Twitch channels.
Update 6 Livestream replay video

Alongside the new features, Series 6 features a number of improvements and fixes in the game. For the full list, check out the Release Notes on the Forza Support site.

FH4 Release Notes: February 12th, 2019
https://support.forzamotorsport.net/hc/en-us/articles/360017713494-FH4-Release-Notes-February-12th-2019
Quote:
Version Numbers
PC: 1.253.923.2

Xbox: 1.253.923.0

NEW FEATURES

SKILL STREAK
This update adds a new Horizon Story to the game, available at level 60, close to the Stone Circle. Jaimin needs to help with difficult problems like “What is the best SUV?” and “Just how fast can you drive an EB110 while NOT hitting anything?” and the question that has vexed the greatest thinkers throughout the ages “Just how much can you hoon in a railyard?”

SEASONAL PLAYGROUND GAMES
Compete in the all-new Seasonal Playground games to unlock the Global Rallycross VW, the Hotwheels Boneshaker, the Lotus 2-Eleven and a Super Wheelspin.

SEASONAL STREET RACES
Street Scene joins the Seasonal event rotation with Street Race Seasonal Championships, offering great rewards, including Ken Block loot!

CROSS-PLATFORM FIXES
Various stability improvements
Fixed an issue where players were unable to access set up manager during from the pre-race menu of a solo event
Players in solo Horizon Stories can now see their score in the post-race flow
Fixed an issue where the British Racing Green UI would show the wrong targets for multiple chapters
Fixed an issue where the World’s Fastest Rentals UI would show the wrong targets for multiple chapters
Fixed an issue where the LaRacer @ Horizon UI would show the wrong targets for multiple chapters
Fixed an issue in Chapter 10 of Isha’s Taxis where convoy members were kicked back to freeroam after phase 1
Improved UI in all Horizon Stories, so now next available star target score is visible
Added functionality to view Horizon Story leader boards from the chapter select screen
Fixed an issue with a specific tune on the Horizon Edition Caterham that would cause graphical corruption of the vehicle
Improved AI behavior during custom routes
Fixed an issue where audio SFX would hang during gameplay
Fixed an issue where the tram in Edinburgh would appear to shake whilst moving
Fixed an issue where players were forced into using a super wheelspin upon leveling up if one was available
Fixed an issue where audio could be delayed when travelling to Fortune Island
Improved server migration times to help maintain fuller game servers
Fixed an issue where selecting a custom route from the creative hub via Rivals caused a hard lock
Fixed an issue where severely damaging the Hillman Imp would cause framerate issues

WHEEL FIXES
Improved FFB by reducing the jolts coming from big load spikes when driving off road

PC FIXES
Fixed an issue where there was no music during the initial drive on Fortune Island

Edited by user Sunday, February 17, 2019 10:50:33 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2019 10:18:40 AM(UTC)
Seasonal PG games should be fun and more street race seasonals. Is there any chance the old flag rush will make a return? This new capture the flag game isnt fun at all. Alot of sitting around guarding the base
Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track

Check me out on Mixer! www.mixer.com/dareocharmer
#3 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2019 10:31:08 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post

First 20 minutes:
Seasonal Playground Games is a new way to enter the arena games. Instead of being limited to a convoy, matchmaking now works with the entire session.
The VW GRC Beetle and Hot Wheels Rip Rod (both Exclusive models) are among the seasonal rewards.

They said Hot Wheels Bone Shaker, not Rip Rod. I love that they are going to have exclusive cars as rewards for PVP playground games.
 3 users liked this post.
#4 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2019 10:42:56 AM(UTC)
Question answered from chat:
Q: Will there be more Car Packs?
A: Yes, there will be loads more, including free additions.
#5 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2019 10:44:19 AM(UTC)
Rip Rod yes but Bone Shaker no. I absolutely hate to be in a lobby with ANYONE driving those. I get lobbies where over 50% are in them and they're extra aggressive. Its an unfair advantage in A class, in S1 still an advantage
Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track

Check me out on Mixer! www.mixer.com/dareocharmer
 1 user liked this post.
#6 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2019 10:56:18 AM(UTC)
Minute 55: There will be an opportunity after Series 6 to get the exclusive Capri, stay tuned.
 3 users liked this post.
#7 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2019 11:02:55 AM(UTC)
Coming up in Series 7:

New Feature called Festival Playlist
Showcase Remixes
New Achievements
Wall riding fix "which we had hoped to put in Series 6 has been dropped back to Series 7" because they are making sure they get it right.

Answering a chat question, there will be an opportunity to earn the Capri FE in the future.
#8 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2019 11:24:13 AM(UTC)
I didnt win this routecomp? Must compare....
#9 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2019 11:42:04 AM(UTC)
[Mod Edit - references to sites that violate Xbox Live Terms of Use are not allowed on the forums - MM]

you can buy those Capris from other sources that I cannot mention

Edited by user Monday, February 11, 2019 2:02:31 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#10 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2019 11:51:21 AM(UTC)
Is there other language support for the forums? A bunch of the routecomp entries never even entered unless they entered without posting on the forum as per rules? Only thing I can think of, is there a non english forum with contests as well? Cause dang. I cannot find some of those winners anywhere. Lots o work for good routes, so would be frustrating elsewise....

Sweet calf, both winters and mountain one by broseff. None of those tracks, nor their username ever posted.

Edit 2:. Or qghosts entry. 5/8 not sure where they are. Has gotta be other language localizations?

Edited by user Monday, February 11, 2019 11:59:49 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#11 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2019 11:59:19 AM(UTC)
Any news about painting brake calipers and/or enigine sounds improvements?
 1 user liked this post.
#12 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2019 12:03:15 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Vaporisor Go to Quoted Post

we must have been really bad …. we were beaten by 5 people who didnt even enter :) amazing

#13 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2019 12:10:55 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PURE NFS MAC Go to Quoted Post

we must have been really bad …. we were beaten by 5 people who didnt even enter :) amazing

Yeah. It has me a bit flustered. Lots of time to get a route right. I thought my entries this time had ones better than the ones I submitted last time.

Specially the ken block ones. Mine were solid with great drivertar performance. The c class winter buggy one I loved racing over and over. I was sure one would win considering the limited entries. More interest in novelty senna tracks with tiny checkpoints than competitive themed racetracks I guess that they didnt even choose winners from entries.

Unless is foreign forums they also went to?

Edit:. I mean, I dont mind losing. I just like to know and compare, understand why so I can come back stronger next time with routes that both challenge but are intuitive to the player. Notably trying to avoid trick corners requiring full track memorization just to complete or clunky forced route that dont flow.

Edited by user Monday, February 11, 2019 12:16:17 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

User is suspended until 12/23/2046 2:36:20 AM(UTC)
#14 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2019 12:25:38 PM(UTC)
Quote:

Next Competition: Enter here for a chance to win the Ken Block Suit & Hat, Quartz Regalia & HON Prelude

Does this mean that the Regalia and the Honda Prelude are gonna be exclusive for the route competition winners?
 1 user liked this post.
#15 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2019 12:29:51 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Zoolka Go to Quoted Post
Quote:

Does this mean that the Regalia and the Honda Prelude are gonna be exclusive for the route competition winners?

No, they will be achievable through seasonal events too.
 1 user liked this post.
#16 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2019 12:38:35 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Rayne SE Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Zoolka Go to Quoted Post
Quote:

No, they will be achievable through seasonal events too.

Good, cause I really want that Prelude, but I've never touched the route creator.

Edit: Did they actually say they would be available as seasonal rewards or just that they would be available exclusively through competitions?

Edited by user Monday, February 11, 2019 1:06:27 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rules of troubleshooting:
1) Have you tried turning it off and on again?
2) Is your Internet working?
3) https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status < Check here for service issues.
4) If all else fails open a service ticket and/or forum post.

#17 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2019 12:44:58 PM(UTC)
Found the missing tracks. From the first routecomp so not even valid tracks for the rules. Wish I knew the rules were optional
#18 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2019 12:46:35 PM(UTC)
Must be a stupid question but: i know that there will be more car packs but are they gonna be paid for everyone or would they still be free?
#19 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2019 12:59:45 PM(UTC)
So still nothing about fixing rivals? When is FM8 coming because I need a good racing game.
 2 users liked this post.
#20 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2019 1:01:50 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: rachawir Go to Quoted Post
Must be a stupid question but: i know that there will be more car packs but are they gonna be paid for everyone or would they still be free?

"Will there be more car packs?"
"We have many many more cars lined up, loads of them will be free, some of them will have DLCs that they'll be attached to, but yes, we'll be adding more and more cars"
https://youtu.be/zkXffrTJJzI?t=2730
#21 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2019 1:13:08 PM(UTC)
Okay. So routecomp2. Rules are no resubmissions from past contest and example is summer entries had to be #9 gymkhana focus which is s class and track time of five minutes max.

However, this one is winner... From routecomp 1, anything goes A class and six minutes race time.

https://forums.forzamoto...ecomp1.aspx#post_1019093
#22 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2019 1:29:50 PM(UTC)

"We have many many more cars lined up, loads of them will be free, some of them will have DLCs that they'll be attached to, but yes, we'll be adding more and more cars"

Well thank you mate for the answer. Hopefully that i will not be tempted to pay more for the DLC's as i have the Ultimate Edition and i've already payed big money on that
 2 users liked this post.
#23 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2019 1:43:32 PM(UTC)

Well thank you mate for the answer. Hopefully that i will not be tempted to pay more for the DLC's as i have the Ultimate Edition and i've already payed big money on that

I am probably going to dissapoint you, but the Ultimate Edition that you (and I and many others) have bought, might be not so Ultimte as you think.
Sure, they will give us some free cars you can win each month in the future, mostly cars from older forza's.
However, If you look at the trend of previous forza's, the next carpacks (8 cars a pack) you will have to pay.
 1 user liked this post.
#24 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2019 1:48:14 PM(UTC)

I've had it explained to me by Retro …. simply put, we didnt win but 5 guys/gals who didnt enter did ….. because they entered the previous competition ….. using this incredible criteria, it Looks like St Johnstone still have a chance of winning the Scottish Cup

#25 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2019 1:52:28 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PURE NFS MAC Go to Quoted Post

I've had it explained to me by Retro …. simply put, we didnt win but 5 guys/gals who didnt enter did ….. because they entered the previous competition ….. using this incredible criteria, it Looks like St Johnstone still have a chance of winning the Scottish Cup

Well, then I am never entering routecomp again. So I have routes from last one which would have been fantastic. But because I entered, I am invalid from using them. Had I not entered, all my invalid routes would have been valid. Fantastic. Nope. Not entering again. What is the point of being restricted because I am active.

Good thing am at work else I would just be deleting the lot of em. Very very frustrating to keep in non confrontational language.

Edit: My stressed side was wondering now what would happen with community challenge if grassroots was removed...

I sort of see where they are coming from, only if us active peeps from this one also had our previous ones in the pool, but seriously... Better tracks than last time losing to non winners...

Edit 2:. And if they were good, peeps love community events. More stuff like that, get more peeps into the contest for more entries. Promote it. How many do not even know contests exist...

Edited by user Monday, February 11, 2019 1:59:59 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

6 Pages123>>Next

Notification

Icon
Error