This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
3 Pages123Next
Rank: Driver's Permit
 6 users liked this post.
#1 Posted : Saturday, February 9, 2019 10:24:10 AM(UTC)
Dear Community, dear Playground Games,


I's been now several times, that other players (other players) let other players (like... me for example!?) down in Forzathon.

They all wait in the Area to be with that event - and after that started, they drive somewhere .. do what i do when i am NOT in a Forzathon.

Can you add Penalty-Points to Players that seem to be unwilling to play "with" other Players and obiously to do anything else in the time when they should work together?

that.. well..


yap. that sucks a lot.
Rank: C-Class Racing License
 4 users liked this post.
#2 Posted : Saturday, February 9, 2019 10:32:04 AM(UTC)
Only seen this a couple of times in all my time playing, but I had thoughts on this as well. First is they should have to do something in that round to earn points for that round. Second is I feel fast travel should be disabled. So if they want any points, they gotta do.... something.... related to the forzathon. Else they are just logged in AFK and then it doesnt matter to the rest of us, but not rewarded for that.
Rank: Driver's Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#3 Posted : Saturday, February 9, 2019 11:00:55 AM(UTC)
A player has to contribute to a forzathon to get any points, to contribute a player must make one valid run banking either points, speed or skills. There is a debate to be had over if one run should be enough to get the maximum allocation of points but those who sit at the the start and then go elsewhere without contributing will get nothing. I know because my son has trouble even doing one run so will often get no points.
Rank: D-Class Racing License
#4 Posted : Saturday, February 9, 2019 11:27:09 AM(UTC)
Yep, as BA1N0 said, it's already in the game. Twice I've come into a Forzathon Live event late, got to the circle just in time for round 1 to be over and it just tells me I failed to score any points and kicks me out.
Rank: Racing Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#5 Posted : Saturday, February 9, 2019 2:05:31 PM(UTC)
Well the system needs to get better, I personally have been docked points because of people not participating. It’s infuriating having people just stop playing and harvesting points.

It needs to be at least one run per event in the session (3 events) so that people don’t run one speed trap and say “Oh I’m done, I’ll wait and collect all the points when the others finish grinding.”

I personally had this happen on multiple occasions.
Rank: D-Class Racing License
 2 users liked this post.
#6 Posted : Saturday, February 9, 2019 2:13:13 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Scimmia22 Go to Quoted Post
Yep, as BA1N0 said, it's already in the game. Twice I've come into a Forzathon Live event late, got to the circle just in time for round 1 to be over and it just tells me I failed to score any points and kicks me out.


interesting! I havent seen that before theres been many times where i arrive after the hour, during that 2 min "final call" timer and often it will already be in round 2 or at round transition and it goes fine I just have to get to the next spot and start driving.

What i hate is when im doing the events and, say its a speed zone, im going back and forth and back and forth over and over while 1 guy just sits there slightly off the road for the entire duration. He's quite happy to drive there and watch but will not take part. Maybe some sort of mechanic is available to "vote kick" these types. Surely the game can tell if a person is accumulating speed zones or drift points or drift skills or jump meters. Surely it can then if it turns out osmeone isnt doing any of those then an option that would be greyed out becomes solid and that person can be dropped from the event

And hopefully that could then also affect the goal scaling cause these people who join then sit there seem to increase the required goals like the time me and 1 other person had to grind 4 million drift points cause half the other ppl didnt want too, they wanted to just get forza points for making a sandwich or soemthing

Edited by user Saturday, February 9, 2019 2:13:54 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: D-Class Racing License
#7 Posted : Saturday, February 9, 2019 3:54:47 PM(UTC)
The only time I've failed to finish a forzathon is when I've arrived late. On the very rare occasions this has happened I've started it on my own or with another odd player.

The vast majority of the time it's finished well within the time limit. Why are people lieing and trying to pretend a problem exits where there isn't one?
Rank: Racing Permit
#8 Posted : Saturday, February 9, 2019 5:15:07 PM(UTC)
If there aren't at least 4-5 active doing the forzathon I quit.
Rank: Driver's License
 1 user liked this post.
#9 Posted : Saturday, February 9, 2019 5:17:37 PM(UTC)
As an experiment, I was a complete **** one round and drove to all 3 locations bet never completed a pass at any of them. If you do this the game will tell you "You failed to score earn any points, Forzathon failed" and award you zero FP.

As it stands, a player must only complete one success full run in one of the 3 events to earn a full payout at the end of the Forzathon Live. Now before someone jumps in with "Well you should have to complete a run and earn points in all 3 events to earn a full payout" look at it this way. Say you attempt to cross country your way to the next/first event instead of following the GPS. And you hit every tree on the way, get stopped by the river so you have to find a bridge, and then get stuck behind the impenetrable wall behind that one neighborhood (you know the one). As a result of this, your team knocks out that event before you get there. Should you be penalized for that? For your team being to fast to knock out an event before you got there? I say no. Another scenario would be you are racking up a a massive score in a skillzone, but then you nail an indestructible tree and lose it all. While you start building another chain another player banks a huge chain and the event is over. Should you be penalized for hitting a tree even though you were trying to contribute? Again, I say no.

Now, all of that being said I have only experienced a failed forzathon a hand full of times in the months I have been playing. I believe these complaints are largely exaggerated. 9 times out of 10 your team will finish all 3 rounds usually before the 5 minute mark. And even with they don't you only have 45 minutes to wait before the next one. The only real problem I've had is when a ton of people are in the start zone at the beginning of the Forzathon Live but they all disappear before it starts because they were dropped. This leaves myself and one or two people to try and finish it by ourselves. But that is an issue of online stability not game mechanics.
Rank: Driver's Permit
 4 users liked this post.
#10 Posted : Saturday, February 9, 2019 5:42:24 PM(UTC)
Whilst I think there is a debate to be had over full allocation of points for completing ony one run, I actually would come down on the side of not changing it. None of us know the other persons situation, sure they may just be leaching points or there are any number of less selfish reasons that someone might stop contributing and personally I prefer to belive that.

I myself have stopped helping during a forzathon not because I didn't want to help but because I needed to go wipe my sons bottom or answer the phone or the door. The real world does not stop for 15 minutes every hour just because we want some points.
Rank: D-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#11 Posted : Saturday, February 9, 2019 9:16:52 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BA1N0 Go to Quoted Post
Whilst I think there is a debate to be had over full allocation of points for completing ony one run, I actually would come down on the side of not changing it. None of us know the other persons situation, sure they may just be leaching points or there are any number of less selfish reasons that someone might stop contributing and personally I prefer to belive that.

I myself have stopped helping during a forzathon not because I didn't want to help but because I needed to go wipe my sons bottom or answer the phone or the door. The real world does not stop for 15 minutes every hour just because we want some points.


It is just a game though I have been a multiplayer gamer for somewhere around 16 years I have had to stop playing due to RL many many many times but what i have not done is just sort of like.. walked away and let my friends or random other players carry me. I do this because while i may miss out on any loot that time, theres going to be a next time. Im pretty good at playing games that dont get shut down overnight. Its more of a "respect the other people" situation and less of a "well its rl they can carry me".

If i cant complete an event due to some situation that requires me to get up and leave, i exit the game and, get up and leave.

Also by sitting idle it runs the risk of every person not getting a full payout because the games scaled that drift zone to 4 million because you were there when it started. 1 person who cannot play anyway vs every other person who is actually trying to play, its a no brainer. Just jump out and try again in 45 minutes, just like I would do

Mr Vyppaaaa -

What you say kind of makes sense but at the same time it shows that a person is contributing or at least trying. I've had those skill score ones where you have to get x million score by doing random smashing and stuff and im about to land a 50k x6 then i hit the 1 thing that wont break. However during that time I was at least trying. What about the guy who drives to the edge of the circle and stops? Trying and lucking out is 1 thing, not even bothering is totally something else.

The main issue with forza lives for me, even bigger than the people who turn up but do not participate, is the scaling of the rounds. People who turn up but do not take part can (and do) cause rounds to fail because the required goals are impossible for the number of players actually trying to do the event.
Rank: Driver's License
 4 users liked this post.
#12 Posted : Saturday, February 9, 2019 9:30:45 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MassDriverz Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: BA1N0 Go to Quoted Post
Whilst I think there is a debate to be had over full allocation of points for completing ony one run, I actually would come down on the side of not changing it. None of us know the other persons situation, sure they may just be leaching points or there are any number of less selfish reasons that someone might stop contributing and personally I prefer to belive that.

I myself have stopped helping during a forzathon not because I didn't want to help but because I needed to go wipe my sons bottom or answer the phone or the door. The real world does not stop for 15 minutes every hour just because we want some points.


It is just a game though I have been a multiplayer gamer for somewhere around 16 years I have had to stop playing due to RL many many many times but what i have not done is just sort of like.. walked away and let my friends or random other players carry me. I do this because while i may miss out on any loot that time, theres going to be a next time. Im pretty good at playing games that dont get shut down overnight. Its more of a "respect the other people" situation and less of a "well its rl they can carry me".

If i cant complete an event due to some situation that requires me to get up and leave, i exit the game and, get up and leave.

Also by sitting idle it runs the risk of every person not getting a full payout because the games scaled that drift zone to 4 million because you were there when it started. 1 person who cannot play anyway vs every other person who is actually trying to play, its a no brainer. Just jump out and try again in 45 minutes, just like I would do

Mr Vyppaaaa -

What you say kind of makes sense but at the same time it shows that a person is contributing or at least trying. I've had those skill score ones where you have to get x million score by doing random smashing and stuff and im about to land a 50k x6 then i hit the 1 thing that wont break. However during that time I was at least trying. What about the guy who drives to the edge of the circle and stops? Trying and lucking out is 1 thing, not even bothering is totally something else.

The main issue with forza lives for me, even bigger than the people who turn up but do not participate, is the scaling of the rounds. People who turn up but do not take part can (and do) cause rounds to fail because the required goals are impossible for the number of players actually trying to do the event.




A: Exiting the game does not adjust the scaling for a Forzathon Live. I have personally experienced an instance where after a Forzathon Live started, 9 out of 12 players disconnected and non of the events re scaled. It took us a full 9 minutes to complete round 1 and we failed round 2. I understand your point about not sitting idle, but in this situation, exiting solves nothing. (I realize this response was not directed towards me)

B: As I said in my original statement, I believe players simply sitting idle trying to cash in on the work of others is a greatly exaggerated problem. Yes I have seen it a couple times, but I have seen packed lobbies knock out an entire Forzathon Live in 5-6 minutes 10 times more. A mountain is being made of a mole hill.
Rank: Driver's License
 3 users liked this post.
#13 Posted : Sunday, February 10, 2019 1:17:03 AM(UTC)
To me there is no problem if somebody is not good at a Forzathon Live event, for example when it comes to drifting. Even the worst players can add valuable points to the total required. But I frequently see players doing other things or simply pausing and let others do the event. A few times we couldn´t finish round three because of these non-players. From my experience this problem has grown over the last weeks.
Rank: Racing Permit
#14 Posted : Sunday, February 10, 2019 1:19:30 AM(UTC)
One time i was just farming skill points in the sand dunes and the blimp appeared over me, when it started everyone took off but I stayed doing what i was doing and did not compete at all in any event, 10 mins later I got 60 FP? It was when I first started a month or so ago, maybe it wont do that anymore?

Most of the time i miss them anyway.
When I am in the paint shop the live message pops up with only a short time to get there, so i save and wait...wait...wait...wait, then exit the garage and wait ... wait ... wait, by the time i am outside its closed.
This happens nearly every time if I am painting.
Why does it only give 1 minute warning if your inside the garage and if your outside you have to wait almost 10 mins for it to start?
Either fix the extremely slow saving and loading times or give a decent warning to go outside.

And finally, why does it not adjust to how many players have joined? I have started so many as the sole player and still been expected to get 10 million points in the first event - impossible most times for me unless its a drift zone.

Rank: Driver's Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#15 Posted : Sunday, February 10, 2019 1:35:44 AM(UTC)
I don't see why we can't require a player to score at least once in each of the 3 rounds to score points. If they miss a round, they can just lose the points for that round. For example, if they get to the event late and miss the first round but participate in 2 and 3, they earn 20/40 points instead of 30/60.

Another idea: perhaps award bonus points for each round (say 5/10 points times the number of players who scored in that round) to the player who scored the most points in that round.
Rank: Racing Permit
#16 Posted : Sunday, February 10, 2019 6:26:50 AM(UTC)
I too have noticed recently that more and more players seem to be sitting out the Forzathon Live event after arriving.

I'm guessing they must have completed one drift/speed trap/air skill/speed zone or they wouldn't get any points?

Maybe these players are not sitting it out, but changing vehicle mid-round? Would that make it look like a player is just sitting there, or would they disappear momentarily?

Anyhow, what I was thinking the other day when I saw several "sitters" during a FL event, was that maybe it would be a good idea to have additional per-round bonuses.

So, as team, you each still get the 30 FP (60 for VIP) for three successful rounds, BUT, you could also receive a personal bonus of perhaps 10 FP for contributing the most during any given round.

So there would be the possibility of earning an extra 30 FP if a single player managed to contribute the most over all three rounds.

This I think would be an incentive for the sitters to actually do something and contribute.

Also, for those that see players going doing their own thing whilst the Forzathon Live event is taking place, I have an idea for that also:

Each round should have a slightly extended FL zone and if a player leaves the zone during the round, they should have a limited amount of time to return (maybe 15 seconds) before they are auto-booted from the whole event!
Rank: Driver's License
#17 Posted : Sunday, February 10, 2019 7:43:46 AM(UTC)
I´ve seen players change their cars - no problem. I drive an Alfa Giulia which handles well and it´s excellent at farming skill points. It´s not fast, so it would make sense to change for a faster car, but I´ll stick to it. On the other hand there were players pausing for several minutes at the drifting parts, some others beeping with their car horns while parking near the track. This is bad behaviour and I think once I was so angry I reported a player for inactivity. I don´t think you should give extra points to the "best" player. I like the idea of all players working together for a common goal and as long as everbody takes part it´s OK to get the same prize.
Rank: B-Class Racing License
#18 Posted : Sunday, February 10, 2019 12:15:56 PM(UTC)
I just did forzathon live for the first time in some time. Even though it's a Sunday evening, only me and one other person joined. I ended up sitting the last few mins out because we got stuck on that stupid danger sign on top of a hill which doesn't register more than 3 feet most of the time when you jump through it. I hope the other player understood why I didn't carry on participating; it's because it was pointless (literally in this case).
Rank: D-Class Racing License
#19 Posted : Sunday, February 10, 2019 12:43:25 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Mr Vyppaaaa Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: MassDriverz Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: BA1N0 Go to Quoted Post
Whilst I think there is a debate to be had over full allocation of points for completing ony one run, I actually would come down on the side of not changing it. None of us know the other persons situation, sure they may just be leaching points or there are any number of less selfish reasons that someone might stop contributing and personally I prefer to belive that.

I myself have stopped helping during a forzathon not because I didn't want to help but because I needed to go wipe my sons bottom or answer the phone or the door. The real world does not stop for 15 minutes every hour just because we want some points.


It is just a game though I have been a multiplayer gamer for somewhere around 16 years I have had to stop playing due to RL many many many times but what i have not done is just sort of like.. walked away and let my friends or random other players carry me. I do this because while i may miss out on any loot that time, theres going to be a next time. Im pretty good at playing games that dont get shut down overnight. Its more of a "respect the other people" situation and less of a "well its rl they can carry me".

If i cant complete an event due to some situation that requires me to get up and leave, i exit the game and, get up and leave.

Also by sitting idle it runs the risk of every person not getting a full payout because the games scaled that drift zone to 4 million because you were there when it started. 1 person who cannot play anyway vs every other person who is actually trying to play, its a no brainer. Just jump out and try again in 45 minutes, just like I would do

Mr Vyppaaaa -

What you say kind of makes sense but at the same time it shows that a person is contributing or at least trying. I've had those skill score ones where you have to get x million score by doing random smashing and stuff and im about to land a 50k x6 then i hit the 1 thing that wont break. However during that time I was at least trying. What about the guy who drives to the edge of the circle and stops? Trying and lucking out is 1 thing, not even bothering is totally something else.

The main issue with forza lives for me, even bigger than the people who turn up but do not participate, is the scaling of the rounds. People who turn up but do not take part can (and do) cause rounds to fail because the required goals are impossible for the number of players actually trying to do the event.




A: Exiting the game does not adjust the scaling for a Forzathon Live. I have personally experienced an instance where after a Forzathon Live started, 9 out of 12 players disconnected and non of the events re scaled. It took us a full 9 minutes to complete round 1 and we failed round 2. I understand your point about not sitting idle, but in this situation, exiting solves nothing. (I realize this response was not directed towards me)

B: As I said in my original statement, I believe players simply sitting idle trying to cash in on the work of others is a greatly exaggerated problem. Yes I have seen it a couple times, but I have seen packed lobbies knock out an entire Forzathon Live in 5-6 minutes 10 times more. A mountain is being made of a mole hill.


the scaling is definately the biggest downside to inactive players, T10/PG need to find a way to have "dynamic" scaling something that adjusts to the active people in each round. I dont know if its based on how many were in the circle waiting or if maybe there is no scaling and its just a fixed score goal for each possible round? Whatever it is its rough when players are inactive OR when theres 10 ppl and it then splits them into different phases. Nothing like being removed (phased) from a group players waiting at the start just to do an event solo.

I'm from australia when i typically play is australia evening time say 8pm till 10pm which is probably among the quietest time for multiplayer population. This results in a smaller player pool so when someone does take a break or attempt to leech the impact is far greater, can be as much as a 33% reduction in round progression. Im not going to say i see it "all the time" but i see it often, considering when i am playing i do try to do forza lives as often as possible. I dont do the weekly challenges but i have so many thousands of points still, and i spend them up too
Rank: Driver's Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#20 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2019 4:52:43 AM(UTC)
Most people will participate but a few (lower levelled) players just either sit at the meeting point until round 3 or drive to each round, do a quick thing and then go into the pause menu. I think quick chat needs a phrase that says “do something!” to get people to help. I’ve been in a 12 player round and only 2 others did something. I feel like yelling at the TV sometimes.
Rank: D-Class Racing License
#21 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2019 6:19:08 AM(UTC)
have a go you mug would be a good quick chat no points contributed round one round one fail same for two or 3
TEAM Aussie Old School 4AOS Ranked games MIXER vanninman TWITTER vanninman1 FB vanninman Forza Horizon Aussie Old School
Rank: D-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#22 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2019 6:23:56 AM(UTC)
I don't think it would be that hard to kick someone for not trying. Check their score update, check their car position, check their checkpoint update speed. Just kick them.
Rank: Racing Permit
#23 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2019 7:23:23 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Ripperoo UK Go to Quoted Post
Maybe these players are not sitting it out, but changing vehicle mid-round? Would that make it look like a player is just sitting there, or would they disappear momentarily?


If they're changing cars, they'll go translucent and display a sign beneath the player tag that says "Paused - In Menu" or something like it. Unfortunately, there's no way to tell if they're paused to change cars or for an entirely different reason. It usually only takes me about ten seconds to change cars including menu transitions, but I have specific cars I use for each event and know before I pause exactly how I'm going to get to each.
Rank: D-Class Racing License
#24 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2019 7:28:53 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: iamthejarha Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Ripperoo UK Go to Quoted Post
Maybe these players are not sitting it out, but changing vehicle mid-round? Would that make it look like a player is just sitting there, or would they disappear momentarily?


If they're changing cars, they'll go translucent and display a sign beneath the player tag that says "Paused - In Menu" or something like it. Unfortunately, there's no way to tell if they're paused to change cars or for an entirely different reason. It usually only takes me about ten seconds to change cars including menu transitions, but I have specific cars I use for each event and know before I pause exactly how I'm going to get to each.


In the UK we don't have such fast broadband as that. It takes about 1 minute, sometimes 2.
Rank: B-Class Racing License
#25 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2019 8:48:49 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: AquaPainter168 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: iamthejarha Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Ripperoo UK Go to Quoted Post
Maybe these players are not sitting it out, but changing vehicle mid-round? Would that make it look like a player is just sitting there, or would they disappear momentarily?


If they're changing cars, they'll go translucent and display a sign beneath the player tag that says "Paused - In Menu" or something like it. Unfortunately, there's no way to tell if they're paused to change cars or for an entirely different reason. It usually only takes me about ten seconds to change cars including menu transitions, but I have specific cars I use for each event and know before I pause exactly how I'm going to get to each.


In the UK we don't have such fast broadband as that. It takes about 1 minute, sometimes 2.


Eh? What takes 1 minute, maybe 2? Changing cars? No it doesn't. And it would have little to nothing to do with internet speed, more so the system speed (from lowly OG XBox One up to fast PC with SSD).
3 Pages123Next

Notification

Icon
Error