4 Pages1234PrevNext
Rank: A-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#51 Posted : Friday, September 27, 2019 3:03:56 PM(UTC)
This is a dead thread you keep bringing back to life. There’s nothing worth reading in this thread because it’s the same regurgitated mess of words.

Like Talby said tho.
Rank: D-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#52 Posted : Friday, September 27, 2019 7:07:34 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: talby71 Go to Quoted Post
It should be an option in bodykits
That is all
Surprised that it isn't


That was actually one of my suggestions when I first made this thread, and there is already a precedent for it on the Ford Bronco, the International Scout, and the Holden Sandman. Each of those can have the "top" on or off as you wish, selected in the garage. It could have been easy to do the same with convertibles.

Originally Posted by: Clutch63 Go to Quoted Post
This is a dead thread you keep bringing back to life. There’s nothing worth reading in this thread because it’s the same regurgitated mess of words.


And yet here you are, commenting yet again. If you feel there is nothing worth reading in here then why do you continue to comment? Still trying to demonstrate your "superiority"? Why does it matter one bloody bit to you whether I bring this subject back up every once in a while? Maybe it wouldn't be so dead if you could contribute something useful and/or helpful, instead of your own "regurgitated mess of words".
"I knew I should have brought demon chasing shoes!"
Rank: A-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#53 Posted : Friday, September 27, 2019 7:54:58 PM(UTC)
Also





There’s nothing useful or helpful to add, the team already told you their answer. You just didn’t accept it.
Rank: D-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#54 Posted : Friday, September 27, 2019 10:18:46 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Clutch63 Go to Quoted Post

That part right there where you mention “certain forum members” is funny. Because I’m pretty much the only other one commenting in this thread. So you mean me, maybe Stang, but mostly me. So if you’re gonna call me out, I might as well comment. This isn’t even trolling, so go ahead and message me one of your rants again.


Well, if you want to assume that I was talking about you, then go ahead. The description certainly fits, doesn't it? In any case, you are doing nothing but trying to cause trouble, which is trolling. As far as messages are concerned, you do not have the right to reveal anything about them in public.

Originally Posted by: Clutch63 Go to Quoted Post
Also

There’s nothing useful or helpful to add, the team already told you their answer. You just didn’t accept it.


Sorry, but you do not get to decide how things are done. I am not required to accept an 'answer" that was vague and could have been done much better. Who appointed you to be a mod anyway? Why are you so concerned that I accept what they said nearly 10 months ago? As far as "nothing useful to add", you are certainly guilty of doing just that. It really makes me wonder why you persist in trying to shut me down. I have asked you that question many times, both in the thread and in PM, but you can't be bothered to give me an answer, hey?

Edited by user Friday, September 27, 2019 10:26:37 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

"I knew I should have brought demon chasing shoes!"
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#55 Posted : Friday, September 27, 2019 10:57:51 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Sierra Skye19 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Clutch63 Go to Quoted Post

That part right there where you mention “certain forum members” is funny. Because I’m pretty much the only other one commenting in this thread. So you mean me, maybe Stang, but mostly me. So if you’re gonna call me out, I might as well comment. This isn’t even trolling, so go ahead and message me one of your rants again.


Well, if you want to assume that I was talking about you, then go ahead. The description certainly fits, doesn't it? In any case, you are doing nothing but trying to cause trouble, which is trolling. As far as messages are concerned, you do not have the right to reveal anything about them in public.

Originally Posted by: Clutch63 Go to Quoted Post
Also

There’s nothing useful or helpful to add, the team already told you their answer. You just didn’t accept it.


Sorry, but you do not get to decide how things are done. I am not required to accept an 'answer" that was vague and could have been done much better. Who appointed you to be a mod anyway? Why are you so concerned that I accept what they said nearly 10 months ago? As far as "nothing useful to add", you are certainly guilty of doing just that. It really makes me wonder why you persist in trying to shut me down. I have asked you that question many times, both in the thread and in PM, but you can't be bothered to give me an answer, hey?


I’m actually not. I’m giving my opinion on this thread, but not trolling or trying to cause trouble(on a game forum?). Actually, I do. If I want to, I have the right to do whatever I want with them. I don’t know what cyber laws your area has in place, but mine is controlled neutral. Which means I can share them with my friends, Facebook, Twitter, whatever.

Never told you how to do things. Just my opinion. Never claimed to be a mod anyways? Why do you keep going back to that? I never told you to shut this down. Never told you what to post. So I don’t see the correlation.

Aren’t you doing the same thing as me at this point? So you’re also adding nothing useful to an already nothing useful thread.

I never try and shut down people’s post, 1st amendment and all that. There’s nothing saying I can’t argue the substance of the thread tho.
Rank: D-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#56 Posted : Friday, September 27, 2019 11:24:02 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Clutch63 Go to Quoted Post

I’m actually not. I’m giving my opinion on this thread, but not trolling or trying to cause trouble(on a game forum?). Actually, I do. If I want to, I have the right to do whatever I want with them. I don’t know what cyber laws your area has in place, but mine is controlled neutral. Which means I can share them with my friends, Facebook, Twitter, whatever.


Ok, so you gave your opinion about the subject months ago, and nothing has changed. You think it is dead, so move on already. Why do you feel the need to continue to post the same opinion every time I comment in here? As far as the messages are concerned, there is this thing called common courtesy, even if there aren't specific rules about it. Private messages are just that...private. It is extremely disrespectful (and possibly against the forum rules) to reveal the nature or contents of a private message in public. I shouldn't even need to explain this to you.

Originally Posted by: Clutch63 Go to Quoted Post
Never told you how to do things. Just my opinion. Never claimed to be a mod anyways? Why do you keep going back to that? I never told you to shut this down. Never told you what to post. So I don’t see the correlation.


Your opinion is that this subject is dead, because YOU have decided that it is dead, and since you keep saying the same thing, it is an obvious attempt to get me to drop it. Why do you feel the need to keep repeating your opinion? I got it the first time. Like I said before, if you aren't here to try to contribute something useful to the discussion, then you really are trolling. Read the forum Code of Conduct on this and you'll see.

Originally Posted by: Clutch63 Go to Quoted Post
Aren’t you doing the same thing as me at this point? So you’re also adding nothing useful to an already nothing useful thread.


At this point, I am trying to sort out what your purpose in commenting here is. Why continue to comment in a thread/subject that you say is dead? Why are you trying to actively discourage me (and anyone else for that matter) from keeping this issue from being buried? Interesting that you at least finally admit to contributing nothing.

Originally Posted by: Clutch63 Go to Quoted Post
I never try and shut down people’s post, 1st amendment and all that. There’s nothing saying I can’t argue the substance of the thread tho.


Unless you are trolling, I can't see any purpose behind what you are doing.

Now, if you are done telling me how "dead" this thread is, can we get back to the actual subject of the convertible problem before the mods decide to kill it for good? Oh, wait...you'd like that, wouldn't you?

"I knew I should have brought demon chasing shoes!"
Rank: A-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#57 Posted : Saturday, September 28, 2019 9:06:44 AM(UTC)
There’s nothing in the forum rules against sharing private messages.

I’m not reading that other wall of text. Or the other. Or the other.

Me commenting is the only thing keeping this thread near the top, you should be thanking me.
Rank: C-Class Racing License
#58 Posted : Saturday, September 28, 2019 12:56:09 PM(UTC)
When I posted in this topic many months ago I was mainly wondering about aerodynamics but I don't know any more about how much effect car roofs have to aerodynamics than back then.

Since then we have got LEGO cars, I have get used to see Drivatars driving open cars in t-shirts in winter, all sorts of stuff which made me re-think of this.

Yeah, it would be nice to have option to have functioning removable roofs on convertibles. I use mostly first person view, but in Playground Games so it doesn't that much for my driving experience, but about more photographic opportunities, but in general, if there's top down option, they could perhaps also have top up option and Drivatars could be scripted to load top up model during winters.

Body kit suggestion sounded good to me. +1 for this feature.
Rank: D-Class Racing License
#59 Posted : Saturday, September 28, 2019 6:38:54 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ClawedScroll554 Go to Quoted Post
When I posted in this topic many months ago I was mainly wondering about aerodynamics but I don't know any more about how much effect car roofs have to aerodynamics than back then.

I would guess that it wouldn't matter. I've had the rear spoiler fall off while tapping a wall and the car still maintains the same downforce and overall handling as if it were there. Since FH4 isn't a true SIM racing game, I would think that the top off would just be a cosmetic alteration and not affect the car's performance in any way -- like damage to the vehicle.
Rank: C-Class Racing License
#60 Posted : Sunday, September 29, 2019 10:56:13 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: seanbil Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: ClawedScroll554 Go to Quoted Post
When I posted in this topic many months ago I was mainly wondering about aerodynamics but I don't know any more about how much effect car roofs have to aerodynamics than back then.

I would guess that it wouldn't matter. I've had the rear spoiler fall off while tapping a wall and the car still maintains the same downforce and overall handling as if it were there. Since FH4 isn't a true SIM racing game, I would think that the top off would just be a cosmetic alteration and not affect the car's performance in any way -- like damage to the vehicle.


Oh, visual damage doesn't present anything practical unless sim damage is turned on in options. You get visual that this or that part falls off, but game physics wise it's still there. There's other thing though that makes me think this may not be an issue even if roof had some aero value in game. If convertible options would be implemented by using body kits, they just put new aero values there.
Rank: D-Class Racing License
#61 Posted : Sunday, September 29, 2019 5:11:30 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ClawedScroll554 Go to Quoted Post

Oh, visual damage doesn't present anything practical unless sim damage is turned on in options. You get visual that this or that part falls off, but game physics wise it's still there. There's other thing though that makes me think this may not be an issue even if roof had some aero value in game. If convertible options would be implemented by using body kits, they just put new aero values there.


Wow, I had no idea that the SIM damage option was also added to Horizon! Now the question I have is: Why would anyone choose to enable SIM damage for a race if it would disadvantage them against those choosing cosmetic or no damage consequences at all? (More credits? 😂)

Anyway, I don't have the McLaren 650S Spider, so how did PG approach its roof? Is there any difference in handling between driving it with the top up and the top down? Personally I think this should simply be a visual preference and not affect the car's performance in any way. The reason why I say that is because we already race against LEGO cars that do not adhere to proper aerodynamics, and also because there would be less incentive for people to remove the top if doing so would impair the car's installed upgrades and tuning. If there is indeed a difference between the 650S Spider's performance with and without its top, then perhaps that is the reason why fixing the roof options for the other cars hasn't gained much traction with the Horizon community?

Rank: C-Class Racing License
#62 Posted : Monday, September 30, 2019 10:22:24 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: seanbil Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: ClawedScroll554 Go to Quoted Post

Oh, visual damage doesn't present anything practical unless sim damage is turned on in options. You get visual that this or that part falls off, but game physics wise it's still there. There's other thing though that makes me think this may not be an issue even if roof had some aero value in game. If convertible options would be implemented by using body kits, they just put new aero values there.


Wow, I had no idea that the SIM damage option was also added to Horizon! Now the question I have is: Why would anyone choose to enable SIM damage for a race if it would disadvantage them against those choosing cosmetic or no damage consequences at all? (More credits? 😂)

Anyway, I don't have the McLaren 650S Spider, so how did PG approach its roof? Is there any difference in handling between driving it with the top up and the top down? Personally I think this should simply be a visual preference and not affect the car's performance in any way. The reason why I say that is because we already race against LEGO cars that do not adhere to proper aerodynamics, and also because there would be less incentive for people to remove the top if doing so would impair the car's installed upgrades and tuning. If there is indeed a difference between the 650S Spider's performance with and without its top, then perhaps that is the reason why fixing the roof options for the other cars hasn't gained much traction with the Horizon community?



Your guess is as good as mine.

Body Kit approach would allow players to see PI changes and other stats indicating change in performance though, if there would be one.
Rank: B-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#63 Posted : Wednesday, April 8, 2020 6:28:15 AM(UTC)
Portofino top won't go up. Lame
Rank: Driver's Permit
#64 Posted : Wednesday, April 8, 2020 9:49:28 AM(UTC)
and on a Ferrari California T, the opposite problem. Top didn't go down...
Rank: Driver's License
#65 Posted : Wednesday, April 8, 2020 10:45:31 AM(UTC)
Nor every other convertible on the game "lol"....
Rank: Driver's Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#66 Posted : Friday, April 10, 2020 6:38:27 PM(UTC)
I know that in Forzavista, you can open and close the roof at will, but you can only drive in the way of the roof on(opened) when driving on the road.

Therefore, I suggest that you add a function: synchronize the state of driving with Forzavista. For example, if you set the roof off(closed) in Forzavista, the roof of the car will be closed when you are driving.

Or you can set a new button directly in the driving mode, you can switch the mode of the roof at any time, and you can also drive the photorealistic driving with the weather. For example, if it rains, you must turn off(close) the roof to conform to common sense.

Sorry for poor English.

Edited by user Saturday, April 11, 2020 12:45:56 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: C-Class Racing License
#67 Posted : Friday, April 10, 2020 9:29:22 PM(UTC)
Have they still not addressed this issue? I'd much rather drive the Portofino with the roof up, looks like a baby F12

Rank: Driver's Permit
#68 Posted : Friday, April 10, 2020 11:53:57 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ChickenWorm4902 Go to Quoted Post
Have they still not addressed this issue? I'd much rather drive the Portofino with the roof up, looks like a baby F12



No, they haven't.
Rank: S-Class Racing License
#69 Posted : Saturday, April 11, 2020 3:57:24 AM(UTC)
It could be to do with the collision detection system that they use. It might set itself up, and not change once it is set up, so with the roof up the collision is different to with the roof down, and the game can't cope with it. Otherwise I can't think why they don't do it.
Rank: C-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#70 Posted : Saturday, April 11, 2020 11:28:51 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: AquaPainter168 Go to Quoted Post
It could be to do with the collision detection system that they use. It might set itself up, and not change once it is set up, so with the roof up the collision is different to with the roof down, and the game can't cope with it. Otherwise I can't think why they don't do it.


Wouldn't be an issue if they used bodykit method.
Rank: B-Class Racing License
#71 Posted : Sunday, April 12, 2020 8:00:28 PM(UTC)
This used to work. I remember being able to set the roof up and down on my Regalia, 650S Spider, and California T shortly after everyone complained about the 650S spider via Forza Vista. Somewhere along the line in the last year or so it's been removed. I wish I knew why cos I liked being able to do that. Mebbe that was the time the dev build was leaked, idk, but I definitely remember being able to do this. It needs to come back.
Rank: D-Class Racing License
#72 Posted : Monday, April 13, 2020 6:56:55 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: teksenic Go to Quoted Post
This used to work. I remember being able to set the roof up and down on my Regalia, 650S Spider, and California T shortly after everyone complained about the 650S spider via Forza Vista. Somewhere along the line in the last year or so it's been removed. I wish I knew why cos I liked being able to do that. Mebbe that was the time the dev build was leaked, idk, but I definitely remember being able to do this. It needs to come back.

Quote:
Forza Horizon 4 | First Convertible Car! How To Remove The Roof | LB McLaren 650S Spider

Here is how to:
  1. Enter "Forzavista"; (at "Festival Site" or "Player Houses")
  2. Retract/Remove the roof; ("2014 McLaren 650S Spider" at the time (20190116) defaults to roof closed, changed behavior since: unknown)
  3. "Drive".

Failed to reproduce with "2014 Ferrari California T" in 1.409.350.2.
Rank: X-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#73 Posted : Monday, April 13, 2020 9:07:01 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: teksenic Go to Quoted Post
This used to work. I remember being able to set the roof up and down on my Regalia, 650S Spider, and California T shortly after everyone complained about the 650S spider via Forza Vista. Somewhere along the line in the last year or so it's been removed. I wish I knew why cos I liked being able to do that. Mebbe that was the time the dev build was leaked, idk, but I definitely remember being able to do this. It needs to come back.


It was never a feature outside of Forzavista. The roof was either up or down, depending on how they set the default model, it was not changeable while driving the car.
Rules of troubleshooting:
1) Have you tried turning it off and on again?
2) Is your Internet working?
3) https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status < Check here for service issues.
4) If all else fails open a service ticket and/or forum post.

Rank: B-Class Racing License
#74 Posted : Monday, April 13, 2020 8:24:11 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Stang616 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: teksenic Go to Quoted Post
This used to work. I remember being able to set the roof up and down on my Regalia, 650S Spider, and California T shortly after everyone complained about the 650S spider via Forza Vista. Somewhere along the line in the last year or so it's been removed. I wish I knew why cos I liked being able to do that. Mebbe that was the time the dev build was leaked, idk, but I definitely remember being able to do this. It needs to come back.


It was never a feature outside of Forzavista. The roof was either up or down, depending on how they set the default model, it was not changeable while driving the car.


No, it very much was. I remember being quite thrilled to be able to control the roof via FV and have it persist outside of FV. Had full control of my California T roof for a good while. Regalia too when I decided to use that. This had to have been a year ago or so tho.
Rank: D-Class Racing License
#75 Posted : Friday, April 17, 2020 10:42:48 AM(UTC)
Yep, here we go again...we get a new convertible, but it still has issues. They FINALLY set the top to be down while driving, but the side windows are still up. I know in real life, some people like doing this because it reduces air turbulence in the cabin, but I mean COME ON T10, why is it so hard for you guys to get this right? The game has been out for more than a year, and you STILL can't manage to apply these "fixes" to the other existing convertibles as well? There are only a handful of cars in the game that need this done, so why not do it? I've said it before, and I'll say it again...ALL cars designated as convertibles should have the top down (and windows too) by default while driving.

Now let's see if Clutch63 decides to pop in here and complain about how "dead" and irrelevant the subject is...oh wait, new convertible available, more people noticing the problem. Not so irrelevant, is it?
"I knew I should have brought demon chasing shoes!"
4 Pages1234PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error