4 Pages1234PrevNext
Rank: D-Class Racing License
 5 users liked this post.
#26 Posted : Wednesday, April 10, 2019 9:34:18 AM(UTC)
I have to say i was rather excited when I saw we were getting a '70 Cuda Convertible in the Barrett-Jackson car pack, but most of that excitement totally disappeared the moment I took the car out of the garage and saw that the top was UP. Seriously...what is the point of having cars that are labeled as convertibles/roadsters/spiders if the freaking top is going to be up? This has been an ongoing problem with FH4 (and FH3 for that matter) since day one. If anyone remembers, the problem was highlighted by the addition of the McLaren 650S Spider with the top up by default, and enough people complained about it that PG/T10 fixed it to be top down. The question I have is this...why can't they then fix the rest of the convertibles that have the same problem? I have brought this up before, and the best i have heard so far was "we agree the goal of owning and driving a spider is to drive with the top down", which isn't exactly a promise that they plan to look into the issue and fix it eventually. Now I know that at least one person is going to say "fixing convertibles isn't high on their priority list". Fair enough, but they fixed the McLaren rather quickly when enough people made noise about it, so maybe if more people brought up the subject in the forum and file support tickets requesting a fix for ALL of the cars, we might actually see some progress.

So far, in addition to the 70 Cuda, these are all of the cars that I am aware of that would benefit by a "top down by default" fix...

2011 BMW Z4 sdrive
2014 Ferrari California T
2009 Honda S2000 CR
2003 Honda S2000
2013 Mazda MX-5
1994 Mazda MX-5 Miata
2014 Porsche 918 Spider

Every one of the cars on this list has the ability to remove the top in Forzavista (except the '94 Miata), so the "top down" digital model obviously exists in the game. All they need to do is apply the same coding fix that they used on the Mclaren 650S to make all of these cars "top down" by default while driving. The "top down" '94 Miata can be fixed by using the '90 Miata from FH2 instead. In the future, PG/T10 should take care of the convertible issue BEFORE releasing the cars into the game. If they agree, in principle, that all convertibles should be top down, then I don't see why this should be a problem.
"I knew I should have brought demon chasing shoes!"
Rank: D-Class Racing License
#27 Posted : Wednesday, April 10, 2019 12:18:47 PM(UTC)
I prefer it with the top up as i've noticed the graphics for the interior of cars is extremely poor on Xbox One and Xbox One S when viewed from any camera that's outside the vehicle. I honestly don't know why interiors get downgraded when entering the game world, it wasn't this bad in FH3 and it looks ugly.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#28 Posted : Wednesday, April 10, 2019 4:33:21 PM(UTC)
This again?

It’s amusing you got so excited about the car being a convertible given your past disappointments regarding this topic. The reason the McLaren got so much noise was because it was the exact model year, but the spider. Of course it’s going to get fixed since it was basically the coupe with lines on the roof. There’s enough of a difference between the ‘70 and the ‘71 that I’m okay seeing that vinyl top, almost prefer it.

A dev told you they’re were aware of it, are you gonna go through with your past idea of spamming the forums?
Rank: C-Class Racing License
#29 Posted : Wednesday, April 10, 2019 4:59:51 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Sierra Skye19 Go to Quoted Post
I have to say i was rather excited when I saw we were getting a '70 Cuda Convertible in the Barrett-Jackson car pack, but most of that excitement totally disappeared the moment I took the car out of the garage and saw that the top was UP. Seriously...what is the point of having cars that are labeled as convertibles/roadsters/spiders if the freaking top is going to be up? This has been an ongoing problem with FH4 (and FH3 for that matter) since day one. If anyone remembers, the problem was highlighted by the addition of the McLaren 650S Spider with the top up by default, and enough people complained about it that PG/T10 fixed it to be top down. The question I have is this...why can't they then fix the rest of the convertibles that have the same problem? I have brought this up before, and the best i have heard so far was "we agree the goal of owning and driving a spider is to drive with the top down", which isn't exactly a promise that they plan to look into the issue and fix it eventually. Now I know that at least one person is going to say "fixing convertibles isn't high on their priority list". Fair enough, but they fixed the McLaren rather quickly when enough people made noise about it, so maybe if more people brought up the subject in the forum and file support tickets requesting a fix for ALL of the cars, we might actually see some progress.

So far, in addition to the 70 Cuda, these are all of the cars that I am aware of that would benefit by a "top down by default" fix...

2011 BMW Z4 sdrive
2014 Ferrari California T
2009 Honda S2000 CR
2003 Honda S2000
2013 Mazda MX-5
1994 Mazda MX-5 Miata
2014 Porsche 918 Spider

Every one of the cars on this list has the ability to remove the top in Forzavista (except the '94 Miata), so the "top down" digital model obviously exists in the game. All they need to do is apply the same coding fix that they used on the Mclaren 650S to make all of these cars "top down" by default while driving. The "top down" '94 Miata can be fixed by using the '90 Miata from FH2 instead. In the future, PG/T10 should take care of the convertible issue BEFORE releasing the cars into the game. If they agree, in principle, that all convertibles should be top down, then I don't see why this should be a problem.


Hi. I just messaged you with a video of what might be a related issue which might explain why your totally reasonable issue hasn't been addressed; I couldn't figure out how to place it here, sorry (I guess I could have just said it's at the top of my xbox live profile's recent activity. Oh well.).

Edited by user Wednesday, April 10, 2019 5:04:08 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Every train needs a caboose, right?
Rank: D-Class Racing License
 2 users liked this post.
#30 Posted : Wednesday, April 10, 2019 9:36:56 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Clutch63 Go to Quoted Post
This again?

It’s amusing you got so excited about the car being a convertible given your past disappointments regarding this topic. The reason the McLaren got so much noise was because it was the exact model year, but the spider. Of course it’s going to get fixed since it was basically the coupe with lines on the roof. There’s enough of a difference between the ‘70 and the ‘71 that I’m okay seeing that vinyl top, almost prefer it.

A dev told you they’re were aware of it, are you gonna go through with your past idea of spamming the forums?


You again? Is there some reason you find it necessary to come in and comment every time I bring up the convertible issue? Don't you have anything better to do than act superior? I know why the McLaren issue got a lot of attention, but as I said more than once, it served to highlight the bigger issue of convertibles in general. The release of yet another car labeled as a convertible but isn't actually top down proves that while the devs are aware of the issue, they don't seem to be doing anything about it.

Oh, right...this is only the third time since the game was released that I have mentioned this problem, so it's hardly spamming. Do you make a habit out of going into every thread where problems are repeated and accuse them of spamming? If you don't like my point of view, or "bumping" the issue every once in a while to make sure it hasn't been forgotten, then might I suggest that you find some other thread to comment in. No one is forcing you to read this one.
"I knew I should have brought demon chasing shoes!"
Rank: C-Class Racing License
 5 users liked this post.
#31 Posted : Wednesday, April 10, 2019 10:43:15 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Sierra Skye19 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Clutch63 Go to Quoted Post
This again?

It’s amusing you got so excited about the car being a convertible given your past disappointments regarding this topic. The reason the McLaren got so much noise was because it was the exact model year, but the spider. Of course it’s going to get fixed since it was basically the coupe with lines on the roof. There’s enough of a difference between the ‘70 and the ‘71 that I’m okay seeing that vinyl top, almost prefer it.

A dev told you they’re were aware of it, are you gonna go through with your past idea of spamming the forums?


You again? Is there some reason you find it necessary to come in and comment every time I bring up the convertible issue? Don't you have anything better to do than act superior? I know why the McLaren issue got a lot of attention, but as I said more than once, it served to highlight the bigger issue of convertibles in general. The release of yet another car labeled as a convertible but isn't actually top down proves that while the devs are aware of the issue, they don't seem to be doing anything about it.

Oh, right...this is only the third time since the game was released that I have mentioned this problem, so it's hardly spamming. Do you make a habit out of going into every thread where problems are repeated and accuse them of spamming? If you don't like my point of view, or "bumping" the issue every once in a while to make sure it hasn't been forgotten, then might I suggest that you find some other thread to comment in. No one is forcing you to read this one.


Please just ignore this guy. The only way to get things noticed/fixed is to be vocal about it; I don't know why some people on this forum want to be the Forza Police an dictate how people express their frustration. We have mods to determine what is unncessary and Clutch63 that isn't you.

Edited by user Wednesday, April 10, 2019 10:43:48 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: Racing Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#32 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2019 3:34:48 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Clutch63 Go to Quoted Post

There’s enough of a difference between the ‘70 and the ‘71 that I’m okay seeing that vinyl top, almost prefer it.

There is not much, maybe the front grill which is pretty obvious. However, the car has the word "CONVERTIBLE" in it. It's like you can just recreate this car with a 71 and some detailed vinyl on top and you got an identical car.

Rank: A-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#33 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2019 2:26:25 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ChickenWorm4902 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Sierra Skye19 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Clutch63 Go to Quoted Post
This again?

It’s amusing you got so excited about the car being a convertible given your past disappointments regarding this topic. The reason the McLaren got so much noise was because it was the exact model year, but the spider. Of course it’s going to get fixed since it was basically the coupe with lines on the roof. There’s enough of a difference between the ‘70 and the ‘71 that I’m okay seeing that vinyl top, almost prefer it.

A dev told you they’re were aware of it, are you gonna go through with your past idea of spamming the forums?


You again? Is there some reason you find it necessary to come in and comment every time I bring up the convertible issue? Don't you have anything better to do than act superior? I know why the McLaren issue got a lot of attention, but as I said more than once, it served to highlight the bigger issue of convertibles in general. The release of yet another car labeled as a convertible but isn't actually top down proves that while the devs are aware of the issue, they don't seem to be doing anything about it.

Oh, right...this is only the third time since the game was released that I have mentioned this problem, so it's hardly spamming. Do you make a habit out of going into every thread where problems are repeated and accuse them of spamming? If you don't like my point of view, or "bumping" the issue every once in a while to make sure it hasn't been forgotten, then might I suggest that you find some other thread to comment in. No one is forcing you to read this one.


Please just ignore this guy. The only way to get things noticed/fixed is to be vocal about it; I don't know why some people on this forum want to be the Forza Police an dictate how people express their frustration. We have mods to determine what is unncessary and Clutch63 that isn't you.


Nope, just this thread because I’m pretty sure bumping an old thread isn’t good forum etiquette. Even tho I’m bumping it right now. They aren’t doing anything about it because it’s not a severe issue. You made the thread, you said they’re aware of it, why can’t you let your post die like it’s suppose to? Maybe post in the features wishlist?



Never claimed to be a mod? I’m just tired of seeing this topic brought up in multiple threads, multiple times, by the same person.

Like you said, only way to get things fixed is to be vocal about it.
Rank: C-Class Racing License
#34 Posted : Tuesday, April 23, 2019 10:12:51 AM(UTC)
I don't know how much top up option benefits FH4 with short day cycle, rain can happen even during summer. Spring and autumn are quite wet and winter obviously isn't the best time for cabriolets. While some may not really pay attention or care, there is possibility to race open top car even now during winter, having lot's of cabriolets during winter without top would probably be immersion breaking for some.

That said, there is one thing I really liked to know. How would top down option influence aerodynamics? weight? Where the sweet spot for each player between realism and arcade varies, but for community to really say anything about this, there should be information regarding what kind of direct and non direct consequences feature would mean.
Rank: S-Class Racing License
#35 Posted : Tuesday, April 23, 2019 11:13:08 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Clutch63 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: ChickenWorm4902 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Sierra Skye19 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Clutch63 Go to Quoted Post
This again?

It’s amusing you got so excited about the car being a convertible given your past disappointments regarding this topic. The reason the McLaren got so much noise was because it was the exact model year, but the spider. Of course it’s going to get fixed since it was basically the coupe with lines on the roof. There’s enough of a difference between the ‘70 and the ‘71 that I’m okay seeing that vinyl top, almost prefer it.

A dev told you they’re were aware of it, are you gonna go through with your past idea of spamming the forums?


You again? Is there some reason you find it necessary to come in and comment every time I bring up the convertible issue? Don't you have anything better to do than act superior? I know why the McLaren issue got a lot of attention, but as I said more than once, it served to highlight the bigger issue of convertibles in general. The release of yet another car labeled as a convertible but isn't actually top down proves that while the devs are aware of the issue, they don't seem to be doing anything about it.

Oh, right...this is only the third time since the game was released that I have mentioned this problem, so it's hardly spamming. Do you make a habit out of going into every thread where problems are repeated and accuse them of spamming? If you don't like my point of view, or "bumping" the issue every once in a while to make sure it hasn't been forgotten, then might I suggest that you find some other thread to comment in. No one is forcing you to read this one.


Please just ignore this guy. The only way to get things noticed/fixed is to be vocal about it; I don't know why some people on this forum want to be the Forza Police an dictate how people express their frustration. We have mods to determine what is unncessary and Clutch63 that isn't you.


Nope, just this thread because I’m pretty sure bumping an old thread isn’t good forum etiquette. Even tho I’m bumping it right now. They aren’t doing anything about it because it’s not a severe issue. You made the thread, you said they’re aware of it, why can’t you let your post die like it’s suppose to? Maybe post in the features wishlist?



Never claimed to be a mod? I’m just tired of seeing this topic brought up in multiple threads, multiple times, by the same person.

Like you said, only way to get things fixed is to be vocal about it.


I agree with the others, why are you having a go at someone who wants a problem fixed? These problems keep happening its very strange for a company to have known problems, and then repeat them again, and again. Their default message is that they are aware of a problem... that's not a real message.

Edited by user Tuesday, April 23, 2019 11:14:47 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: X-Class Racing License
 3 users liked this post.
#36 Posted : Tuesday, April 23, 2019 11:37:25 AM(UTC)
It's not really a problem if it's by design, now is it?

The only car that can legitimately fall into the problem category is the 650S Spyder, and that is because it was obviously supposed to have the top down when it was released. A lot of us would rather them work on game-breaking bugs and/or QOL improvements than worry about fixing a cosmetic issue on a car, which in no way affects gameplay.

Edit: Also, in the case of the 2003 S2000 and the 2 Miatas, those cars are removable hardtops, iirc, and therefore a convertible 'fix' would not be possible, as they would have to remodel the car in order to make a top down mode.

Edit 2: I find it ironic that the post directly above your first post on this page Sierra Skye19, is a post that seems to me, to accept the fact, and even quoted one of the developers stating such, that we would not have a convertible up/down animation or convertibles with the top down while driving was made by YOU, And yet, here we are again.....

Edited by user Tuesday, April 23, 2019 11:51:59 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rules of troubleshooting:
1) Have you tried turning it off and on again?
2) Is your Internet working?
3) https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status < Check here for service issues.
4) If all else fails open a service ticket and/or forum post.

Rank: Racing Permit
 3 users liked this post.
#37 Posted : Tuesday, April 23, 2019 7:59:03 PM(UTC)
To be honest, if I can't have the choice to drive with the top up or the top down, I'd much rather drive with the top up.

What I don't understand is why we can't have the choice. I get why we can't change it in the middle of driving, that does make sense to me, but why can't we go to the festival and change the roof setting? Especially if it's cosmetic only, it seems like a simple thing to add. Mind you, I don't know much about programming video games, and I've seem a lot of stuff recently that seemed like simple things to add in FH4 that just aren't added. I shouldn't single out Playground games either, there are other companies that refuse to make what seem like to me simple changes with my admittedly extremely limited knowledge of computer programming. Maybe I'm just out of touch.

I just wanted to make this post to give a voice to those who actually prefer to have the top up. Especially in a game that forces winter on us, but I've written enough about that in other posts.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#38 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2019 7:15:38 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: AquaPainter168 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Clutch63 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: ChickenWorm4902 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Sierra Skye19 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Clutch63 Go to Quoted Post
This again?

It’s amusing you got so excited about the car being a convertible given your past disappointments regarding this topic. The reason the McLaren got so much noise was because it was the exact model year, but the spider. Of course it’s going to get fixed since it was basically the coupe with lines on the roof. There’s enough of a difference between the ‘70 and the ‘71 that I’m okay seeing that vinyl top, almost prefer it.

A dev told you they’re were aware of it, are you gonna go through with your past idea of spamming the forums?


You again? Is there some reason you find it necessary to come in and comment every time I bring up the convertible issue? Don't you have anything better to do than act superior? I know why the McLaren issue got a lot of attention, but as I said more than once, it served to highlight the bigger issue of convertibles in general. The release of yet another car labeled as a convertible but isn't actually top down proves that while the devs are aware of the issue, they don't seem to be doing anything about it.

Oh, right...this is only the third time since the game was released that I have mentioned this problem, so it's hardly spamming. Do you make a habit out of going into every thread where problems are repeated and accuse them of spamming? If you don't like my point of view, or "bumping" the issue every once in a while to make sure it hasn't been forgotten, then might I suggest that you find some other thread to comment in. No one is forcing you to read this one.


Please just ignore this guy. The only way to get things noticed/fixed is to be vocal about it; I don't know why some people on this forum want to be the Forza Police an dictate how people express their frustration. We have mods to determine what is unncessary and Clutch63 that isn't you.


Nope, just this thread because I’m pretty sure bumping an old thread isn’t good forum etiquette. Even tho I’m bumping it right now. They aren’t doing anything about it because it’s not a severe issue. You made the thread, you said they’re aware of it, why can’t you let your post die like it’s suppose to? Maybe post in the features wishlist?



Never claimed to be a mod? I’m just tired of seeing this topic brought up in multiple threads, multiple times, by the same person.

Like you said, only way to get things fixed is to be vocal about it.


I agree with the others, why are you having a go at someone who wants a problem fixed? These problems keep happening its very strange for a company to have known problems, and then repeat them again, and again. Their default message is that they are aware of a problem... that's not a real message.


Can you show me where I was “having a go at someone”? Because if my comments look correct, they attack the position(post) not the user. It’s not my problem if people think I’m being arrogant, it’s how they’re receiving the tone, but I haven’t “had a go at someone”.
Rank: D-Class Racing License
#39 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2019 9:45:40 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Clutch63 Go to Quoted Post

Nope, just this thread because I’m pretty sure bumping an old thread isn’t good forum etiquette. Even tho I’m bumping it right now. They aren’t doing anything about it because it’s not a severe issue. You made the thread, you said they’re aware of it, why can’t you let your post die like it’s suppose to? Maybe post in the features wishlist?

Never claimed to be a mod? I’m just tired of seeing this topic brought up in multiple threads, multiple times, by the same person.

Like you said, only way to get things fixed is to be vocal about it.


Clutch, the issue is still valid as long as they continue to release cars labeled as convertibles that don't have the top down like a proper convertible should be. It shows that, while they claim to be aware of the problem (which isn't the same thing as a promise to fix), they obviously don't care enough to do something about it with new car releases.

If you are tired of seeing this topic, then stop reading. No one is forcing you to do so, or forcing you to reply. If you don't have any interest in this subject beyond trying to get me to shut up about it, then I will, once again, suggest that you find something else to do.


Originally Posted by: Clutch63 Go to Quoted Post

Can you show me where I was “having a go at someone”? Because if my comments look correct, they attack the position(post) not the user. It’s not my problem if people think I’m being arrogant, it’s how they’re receiving the tone, but I haven’t “had a go at someone”.


You aren't attacking my position, you are attacking ME. You made your position clear the first time you offered unsolicited advice, so anything beyond that is just you wanting to look superior. What are you trying to accomplish anyway? If you are trying to get me to be quiet about this, you are wasting your time (and mine), because I WILL NOT be quiet until I either get something more than just "we are aware of the problem", or decide that nothing I say will make a difference. So take your self-righteous ego somewhere else.


Originally Posted by: Stang616 Go to Quoted Post
It's not really a problem if it's by design, now is it?

The only car that can legitimately fall into the problem category is the 650S Spyder, and that is because it was obviously supposed to have the top down when it was released. A lot of us would rather them work on game-breaking bugs and/or QOL improvements than worry about fixing a cosmetic issue on a car, which in no way affects gameplay.

Edit: Also, in the case of the 2003 S2000 and the 2 Miatas, those cars are removable hardtops, iirc, and therefore a convertible 'fix' would not be possible, as they would have to remodel the car in order to make a top down mode.

Edit 2: I find it ironic that the post directly above your first post on this page Sierra Skye19, is a post that seems to me, to accept the fact, and even quoted one of the developers stating such, that we would not have a convertible up/down animation or convertibles with the top down while driving was made by YOU, And yet, here we are again.....


That's not true at all. There are several cars that should have had the top down by default, and they are in that list I provided. I am certain that there are more critical fixes to be made, but that doesn't make my request any less important. Also, I never said I expected an immediate fix.

re: edit - Also not true. Both of the S2000's and one Miata can remove the roof in Forzavista, which means the top down models already exist. The '94 Miata also has a top down version, the '90 Miata from FH2. In fact, EVERY car on my list has an existing top down model in the game already...in Forzavista mode. The only exception is the new Cuda convertible. Do you honestly think I would be asking for a convertible fix if I expected them to create all new digital models? It looks to me like you should be a bit more careful with reading what i have said.

re: edit 2 - omg, seriously??? Have you read anything I have said? I never asked for, nor do I expect an actual top open/close animation that I can toggle whilst driving. What i asked was that the SAME fix that has already been done for the McLaren 650S spider also be applied to the other cars that have the same Forzavista top animation. In simple english, that means I want cars that already have that ability to be top down by default in normal gameplay. The models are there, and so is the fix. It just needs to be done to the rest of the cars on that list. It's not like I am asking for something they don't already have.

Edited by user Wednesday, April 24, 2019 10:03:51 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

"I knew I should have brought demon chasing shoes!"
Rank: X-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#40 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2019 3:54:35 AM(UTC)
So by your logic, a car that is called a convertible should always have the top down.

Also, it's not that they don't care to do anything about it, they have already stated it poses a more complex problem. We don't know what that problem is and probably never will, just that they cannot do it for whatever reason.

Forzavista models are generally of a higher quality than the models that are shown whilst driving, which possibly explains why the Forzavista models have a top down model and the drivable models do not

Also,, in regards to me not reading your posts. I mentioned that we wouldn't have a top up/down animation OR a top down model while driving, The second one is what you are asking for and as others have said, the McLaren was most likely fixed because it was exactly the same as the coupe, except was labeled as a spyder. The other cars in your list don't have that issue.


Also, please keep in mind, I am not attacking you, simply offering a counter point, but to be honest, they have already said they aren't going to fix it, so at this point it is rather a moot point.

Edited by user Thursday, April 25, 2019 3:58:51 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rules of troubleshooting:
1) Have you tried turning it off and on again?
2) Is your Internet working?
3) https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status < Check here for service issues.
4) If all else fails open a service ticket and/or forum post.

Rank: A-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#41 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2019 4:35:56 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Stang616 Go to Quoted Post
So by your logic, a car that is called a convertible should always have the top down.

Also, it's not that they don't care to do anything about it, they have already stated it poses a more complex problem. We don't know what that problem is and probably never will, just that they cannot do it for whatever reason.

Forzavista models are generally of a higher quality than the models that are shown whilst driving, which possibly explains why the Forzavista models have a top down model and the drivable models do not

Also,, in regards to me not reading your posts. I mentioned that we wouldn't have a top up/down animation OR a top down model while driving, The second one is what you are asking for and as others have said, the McLaren was most likely fixed because it was exactly the same as the coupe, except was labeled as a spyder. The other cars in your list don't have that issue.


Also, please keep in mind, I am not attacking you, simply offering a counter point, but to be honest, they have already said they aren't going to fix it, so at this point it is rather a moot point.


In dream world we could choose do we want drive convertibles roof up or down but in my logic if car is called convertible you should be able to drive it without roof.

They fixed 650S because it was dlc car and people get **** off that dlc car is just worst version for car that we allready have and IMO it was really arrogant from PG in first place release 650S with roof up.

Also those cars have allready drivable top down models because even at FH3 dev version you can drive those cars with roof down so would be nice to know what is their super complex problem why they cant let us drive those cars way convertibles are meant to drive. And like they have say that "we know that ultimate desire is drive to convertibles with roof down" so telling that they are not gonna fix it is just showing middle finger for players.
Rank: D-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#42 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2019 9:07:34 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Stang616 Go to Quoted Post
So by your logic, a car that is called a convertible should always have the top down.


Of course. Why have a convertible with the top up? That sort of defeats the purpose of being a convertible, doesn't it?

Originally Posted by: Stang616 Go to Quoted Post
Also, it's not that they don't care to do anything about it, they have already stated it poses a more complex problem. We don't know what that problem is and probably never will, just that they cannot do it for whatever reason.


You are confusing two separate issues here. There is the issue of cars that already have the ability to be top down, which is the problem I have been referring to, and then you have people who want to toggle the roof open or closed whilst driving (like in TDU2). The second problem is what the devs comment referred to as a "more complex problem", because it requires creating code that doesn't exist in the Forza series. Also, I want to point out AGAIN, that this ability to open and close the roof anytime I want is NOT what I am asking for, at least not in FH4.

Originally Posted by: Stang616 Go to Quoted Post
Forzavista models are generally of a higher quality than the models that are shown whilst driving, which possibly explains why the Forzavista models have a top down model and the drivable models do not


Oh right, so you think that the devs included EXTRA vehicle models that are only in Forzavista? Sounds like a waste of memory space to me. Thanks, but I'll wait until this theory is conformed by the devs before I believe it. In any case, it would be easy enough to port those top down models from Forzavista into the main game if they really wanted to.

Originally Posted by: Stang616 Go to Quoted Post
Also,, in regards to me not reading your posts. I mentioned that we wouldn't have a top up/down animation OR a top down model while driving, The second one is what you are asking for and as others have said, the McLaren was most likely fixed because it was exactly the same as the coupe, except was labeled as a spyder. The other cars in your list don't have that issue.


Sorry, but you assumed that i wanted the ability to open and close the top in gameplay, which is something I never said. The 650S Spider was not EXACTLY the same as the coupe. It clearly had the hinge lines in the roof, and a totally different rear window profile, showing that it was meant to be a convertible, which puts it right back into the same category as the other cars I have mentioned.

Originally Posted by: Stang616 Go to Quoted Post
Also, please keep in mind, I am not attacking you, simply offering a counter point, but to be honest, they have already said they aren't going to fix it, so at this point it is rather a moot point.


Excuse me, but they said no such thing. Where are you getting your information from? They said they were aware of the problem, which does not specify that they will fix or not fix it. If I had such a definitive answer from an official source, then I would let this go. However the one and only comment we have received from the devs was vague at best, other than the promise to fix the McLaren. They had an opportunity to settle this issue right there, and they failed to take it.
"I knew I should have brought demon chasing shoes!"
Rank: D-Class Racing License
#43 Posted : Sunday, September 22, 2019 9:41:19 PM(UTC)
First, yes I am totally aware that this is an "old" thread, but since it is MY thread, and the mods aren't keen on multiple threads for the same subject, it should be just fine.

Well, we are fast approaching the 1 year anniversary of the release of FH4, and in the last year, the devs have had to deal with dozens, if not hundreds, of complaints about features/problems/bugs/glitches, etc. Now, while I haven't had many issues with the game in general, there is still one consistent problem that hasn't been addressed since January...and that is the "top up by default" convertible problem. For those of you who can't be bothered to read through 2 pages of comments, the last we heard (officially) was 9 months ago, when one of the devs told us that they were "aware" of the problem, and had an "immediate fix" for only one car...implying that a fix might be available for the other cars with the same issue. However, unless I totally missed getting the memo, no "fix" for the rest of the cars has been discussed or applied.

So, I have been patient and have avoided talking about the subject for nearly half a year, hoping to give the devs a chance (and time) to maybe get this sorted, but still nothing. My question specifically to the devs is this...so when are you ever going to take care of this simple little problem? And if you have no intentions of doing so, then can you let me know so I won't keep asking about it?

Also for those who haven't read, I want to make one thing totally clear so there are no misunderstandings...I am NOT talking about a TDU:2 style top open and closing animation that you can do whilst driving. I am talking about cars that ALREADY have this (as seen in Forzavista) to just have the top down by default, rather than top up. The way it is now, it totally defeats the entire purpose of having a convertible. They fixed the McLaren 650S when enough people complained about it, so why would this be such a difficult thing to do?

~queue the people with nothing useful to contribute~
"I knew I should have brought demon chasing shoes!"
Rank: A-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#44 Posted : Sunday, September 22, 2019 10:21:15 PM(UTC)
Most forums frown upon reviving old threads. Look at the Halo forum for an example.

Like before, your answer is just that, them acknowledging it. They can’t say yes or no because they can’t say definitively if it will be implemented. They’ll announce it if it happens, so like you said, “so I can stop asking.”
Rank: Driver's License
#45 Posted : Monday, September 23, 2019 9:11:21 AM(UTC)
The Forza-Vista Models are higher detailed. I think so they have to recreate some of these. At least they have a Prioritylist and create top down Models isnt that much on their Prioritylist because there have to be more People who getting Vocal about this. In case of the McLaren they had to do it because People paid for the Car Pass which triggered a lot of Players in my opinion.

I know what you mean with the top down Option but it have the same effect as if i asking to add some specific car i like but many other Players dont care about it. Their Answer would be the same they told you "we aware of it" and something like "thank you for your Feedback". Like i said, there is a Prioritylist and who knows what comes next.

But you right and i understand your concern.
Rank: D-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#46 Posted : Monday, September 23, 2019 10:35:10 AM(UTC)
The last time I checked, making a new (duplicate) thread about an older subject was also frowned upon, so what else can I do?

[Mod Edit - if you're looking for answers directly from the developers, the best approach you can take is to submit a feedback ticket directly to them via the Support site. Asking multiple times on the forums isn't likely to be as productive as using the method they've stated they prefer. - MM]

Edited by user Tuesday, September 24, 2019 10:18:03 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

"I knew I should have brought demon chasing shoes!"
Rank: D-Class Racing License
#47 Posted : Monday, September 23, 2019 1:40:32 PM(UTC)
This is the first time that I'm learning about a selection of cars that have a convertible option but can't be driven that way when leaving Forzavista. I think the ability to drive a hardtop convertible with its top down is a cool idea mainly because PG went to a lot of trouble to animate the drivatar inside the car. I suppose that the 650S Spider was promptly fixed because it's paid content and not acquirable through regular gameplay.

Personally I could care less about the practicality of driving a convertible mid-winter or through the rain simply because we're already jumping cars off cliffs for distance and knocking over trash bins for points. Horizon is also about having fun and a good laugh at the expense of our virtual drivers. My drivatar wears mittens and a ski cap year round, so a California T with the top down in a raging blizzard would be quite fitting IMO.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#48 Posted : Monday, September 23, 2019 6:12:14 PM(UTC)
[Mod Edit - posting in old threads is better than creating duplicate new ones. - MM]

Edited by user Tuesday, September 24, 2019 10:14:37 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: D-Class Racing License
#49 Posted : Friday, September 27, 2019 12:23:36 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: GymIsParadise91 Go to Quoted Post
The Forza-Vista Models are higher detailed. I think so they have to recreate some of these. At least they have a Prioritylist and create top down Models isnt that much on their Prioritylist because there have to be more People who getting Vocal about this. In case of the McLaren they had to do it because People paid for the Car Pass which triggered a lot of Players in my opinion.

I know what you mean with the top down Option but it have the same effect as if i asking to add some specific car i like but many other Players dont care about it. Their Answer would be the same they told you "we aware of it" and something like "thank you for your Feedback". Like i said, there is a Prioritylist and who knows what comes next.

But you right and i understand your concern.


I've heard people make the claim that Forzavista cars are more detailed, but I haven't seen any proof that they really are...and if they are, it seems counterproductive to have TWO digital models of each and every car (one for FV and another for regular use) because it would be an unnecessary waste of memory space.

Originally Posted by: Sierra Skye19 Go to Quoted Post
The last time I checked, making a new (duplicate) thread about an older subject was also frowned upon, so what else can I do?

[Mod Edit - if you're looking for answers directly from the developers, the best approach you can take is to submit a feedback ticket directly to them via the Support site. Asking multiple times on the forums isn't likely to be as productive as using the method they've stated they prefer. - MM]


@MM, I have already done that when I first created this thread, and the only response I received was the automatic email acknowledgment that my support ticket was accepted. What I am trying to do here is not only to possibly remind any devs that read the forum that this is still an unfixed problem, but also to bring awareness to other players. I am pretty certain that this issue is pretty far down on their list of concerns, but maybe they'll pay more attention to it if more people complain. It worked with the McLaren, so it could work here as well.

Also, if you recall, the devs had a chance to respond directly when this issue was first brought up, but instead, what "answer" they gave was unbelievably vague.

Originally Posted by: seanbil Go to Quoted Post
This is the first time that I'm learning about a selection of cars that have a convertible option but can't be driven that way when leaving Forzavista. I think the ability to drive a hardtop convertible with its top down is a cool idea mainly because PG went to a lot of trouble to animate the drivatar inside the car. I suppose that the 650S Spider was promptly fixed because it's paid content and not acquirable through regular gameplay.

Personally I could care less about the practicality of driving a convertible mid-winter or through the rain simply because we're already jumping cars off cliffs for distance and knocking over trash bins for points. Horizon is also about having fun and a good laugh at the expense of our virtual drivers. My drivatar wears mittens and a ski cap year round, so a California T with the top down in a raging blizzard would be quite fitting IMO.


See? This is what I've been trying to say...people are often only aware that a problem exists when it is brought to their attention. Unfortunately, it's not easy to do when certain forum members do everything they can to discourage or prevent people from discussing things that they personally do not consider to be a problem. Honestly, I think it is a ridiculous waste of resources to have a "convertible" that can never be driven with the top down. And then to tease us with a Forzavista version that CAN have the top down? That's just an insult. It's like they are saying "hey, look what you could have been driving if we had bothered to make this work in regular gameplay. Oh, and yes, we did imply that a fix was coming...eventually. Maybe around the time that FH5 is released, but by then, you'll forget all about it because the new game will have another 1,000 bugs to fix."
"I knew I should have brought demon chasing shoes!"
Rank: Racing Legend
#50 Posted : Friday, September 27, 2019 12:57:32 PM(UTC)
It should be an option in bodykits
That is all
Surprised that it isn't
4 Pages1234PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error