4 Pages123>>Next
Rank: D-Class Racing License
 5 users liked this post.
#1 Posted : Saturday, February 9, 2019 12:19:22 AM(UTC)
Ok, so after lots of people complained about the top being up on the McLaren 650S Spider, PG/T10 finally fixed it in the middle of January. That's great, but...what about applying the same fix to the other convertibles that had the same problem? I mentioned this more than once in the old (now closed) 650S thread, but no one mentioned the fix being applied to any other car but the McLaren. There are at least TWO more cars that have animated roof open/close in Forzavista...the BMW Z4 sdrive and the Ferrari California T...so I don't really understand why the McLaren's roof fix can't also be applied to them as well. One of the mods shut down the original thread because, in his opinion, the subject was done, but until the problem with the other cars is at least acknowledged, I disagree. JONK admitted that the devs agree that convertibles need to be top down while driving. Ok, that's good, but I would like to know what PG/T10 is doing about it.

Let me clarify (before the people who can't be bothered to read details start responding) that I am NOT asking for the ability to open and close the roof on convertibles while driving. While that would be nice, I understand the issues with adding all new code to the existing game, so a feature like that is best left to FH5. What I AM asking for is that all cars with roof animation in Forzavista (like the Mclaren and the other two that I mentioned) are top down by default while driving. We got the McLaren fixed, so how about doing the other two as well? I am willing to bet that the exact same coding is used to trigger the top animation in all three cars, so the same fix should work for all three cars.
"I knew I should have brought demon chasing shoes!"
Rank: D-Class Racing License
 2 users liked this post.
#2 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2019 1:41:01 PM(UTC)
I must be the only one who actually cares about this problem, hey?
"I knew I should have brought demon chasing shoes!"
Rank: Racing Legend
 3 users liked this post.
#3 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2019 1:58:49 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Sierra Skye19 Go to Quoted Post
I must be the only one who actually cares about this problem, hey?


Yep looks like it

Should have always been an option in bodykit upgrades like other cars have
Rank: Driver's License
 3 users liked this post.
#4 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2019 2:58:49 PM(UTC)
Just seeing this post. I 100% agree with you. I would also like to remove the tops on cars that have targa/t-tops like the C7 Corvette and the 77 Trans Am. Also the cars with hardtops but they are convertibles like the S2000 CR and the NA Miata. Imagine the NA Miata with the top off and the Rocket Bunny kit.
Rank: B-Class Racing License
 2 users liked this post.
#5 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2019 8:19:03 PM(UTC)
I agree. Seems pretty straight forward. If the car has in the forsavista a top up/top down option, then toss it in the bodykit and be done.
Rank: D-Class Racing License
 3 users liked this post.
#6 Posted : Tuesday, February 12, 2019 2:11:04 AM(UTC)
The fun fact is, there are several cars with open/closed roof animation. When they accidentally released the dev version of FH3 some long time ago, some people explored this version and where able to open and close roofs while playing (including hardtops like th 918 spyder). So when FH4 came out, lots people on the forums and on reddit where very exited and expecting this requested feature to be added in FH4. However, T10/PG decided not to include this in the game and they have given us the beloved emotes instead...

Then a few months after release, they reminded us all of not having the open/closed roof animation because they added a McLaren 650s spider with a closed roof, thats almost identical to the normal 650s, as paid DLC.




Rank: Racing Legend
#7 Posted : Tuesday, February 12, 2019 3:05:06 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: LordReindeer0 Go to Quoted Post
The fun fact is, there are several cars with open/closed roof animation. When they accidentally released the dev version of FH3 some long time ago, some people explored this version and where able to open and close roofs while playing (including hardtops like th 918 spyder). So when FH4 came out, lots people on the forums and on reddit where very exited and expecting this requested feature to be added in FH4. However, T10/PG decided not to include this in the game and they have given us the beloved emotes instead...

Then a few months after release, they reminded us all of not having the open/closed roof animation because they added a McLaren 650s spider with a closed roof, thats almost identical to the normal 650s, as paid DLC.






Did you actually see that leaked open/close animation from that dev version of fh3 or did you just read the rumours of it
Did it actually exist

Curious if theres any actual footage somewhere in the world
There would have to be if it was real wouldnt there
Rank: B-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#8 Posted : Tuesday, February 12, 2019 4:45:20 AM(UTC)
Many games from the past had the ability to lower and raise the top with a d-pad button.
But those were complete games not a work in progress!
2009 Mustang GT/CS #1,260 of 1,705
#231 of 315 Vapor Silver Coupes
Flowmasters BBK Headers Comp Cams
Airaid CAI PowerStop Brakes Dyno Tune 325rwhp
Rank: A-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#9 Posted : Tuesday, February 12, 2019 9:43:58 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: talby71 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: LordReindeer0 Go to Quoted Post
The fun fact is, there are several cars with open/closed roof animation. When they accidentally released the dev version of FH3 some long time ago, some people explored this version and where able to open and close roofs while playing (including hardtops like th 918 spyder). So when FH4 came out, lots people on the forums and on reddit where very exited and expecting this requested feature to be added in FH4. However, T10/PG decided not to include this in the game and they have given us the beloved emotes instead...

Then a few months after release, they reminded us all of not having the open/closed roof animation because they added a McLaren 650s spider with a closed roof, thats almost identical to the normal 650s, as paid DLC.






Did you actually see that leaked open/close animation from that dev version of fh3 or did you just read the rumours of it
Did it actually exist

Curious if theres any actual footage somewhere in the world
There would have to be if it was real wouldnt there

Djs have video on youtube abaout Z4 and California opening roof outside of autoshow also in same video there's picture cars like 918 and zonda without roof.

I cant still undestand why we cant drive capriolets roof down in triple a game in year 2019. And we have option to remove roof on cars like ford bronco so why dont we cant have same kinda option to cars like 918 or zonda or miata's etc.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#10 Posted : Tuesday, February 12, 2019 9:44:56 AM(UTC)
We all know they can do it cause the Internation Scout and I believe the Bronco have the option to remove the top in the body kit section.
Rank: Driver's License
#11 Posted : Tuesday, February 12, 2019 11:05:32 AM(UTC)
You know whats weird is that working roof tops were already available in TDU 2 nad i think its weird that a game that precceded Horizon 1 still has features that the current Horizon doesn't like the mentioned movable soft/hardtops, a way better house system and turn indicators for when you wanna cruise with ya mates and don't want to shout to turn in the next left or doing like the Failrace famous Survive the Hunt.

But let's face it the odds of opening rooftops and other features alike being implemented are very slim because nowadays big games play it very safe to have the maximum profit.
Rank: D-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#12 Posted : Tuesday, February 12, 2019 12:00:22 PM(UTC)
Like I said in my OP, I don't expect opening and closing roof animation for every convertible in the game, at least not added to FH4. That particular feature is probably best added to the FH5 features wishlist (when we get an FH5 forum section). My biggest complaint at this point is that the same roof fix that was done (finally) with the McLaren 650S Spider STILL hasn't been applied to the other cars currently available in FH4 with roof animation in Forzavista. Maybe only doing the McLaren was a test to see if it would actually work they way they want it to, but so far it seems to be ok and there is no practical reason to not apply the fix to the other cars.

I might sound a little repetitive here, but the last thread on this subject was closed before this particular issue was addressed. The main point is that the fix now exists, but it has only been applied to one car, and I plan to keep bringing this up every now and then until someone does something about it...it's only reasonable. :)
[Mod Edit - Spamming creates an arms race of who can bump their pet issue most frequently and is therefore not allowed on the forums. - MM]

Edited by user Tuesday, February 12, 2019 1:27:17 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

"I knew I should have brought demon chasing shoes!"
Rank: Driver's Permit
 2 users liked this post.
#13 Posted : Tuesday, February 12, 2019 1:13:00 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: talby71 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: LordReindeer0 Go to Quoted Post
The fun fact is, there are several cars with open/closed roof animation. When they accidentally released the dev version of FH3 some long time ago, some people explored this version and where able to open and close roofs while playing (including hardtops like th 918 spyder). So when FH4 came out, lots people on the forums and on reddit where very exited and expecting this requested feature to be added in FH4. However, T10/PG decided not to include this in the game and they have given us the beloved emotes instead...

Then a few months after release, they reminded us all of not having the open/closed roof animation because they added a McLaren 650s spider with a closed roof, thats almost identical to the normal 650s, as paid DLC.






Did you actually see that leaked open/close animation from that dev version of fh3 or did you just read the rumours of it
Did it actually exist

Curious if theres any actual footage somewhere in the world
There would have to be if it was real wouldnt there


Sir,
I present to you; The Evidence.

https://youtu.be/2t3dmv3GAwk



Rank: Racing Legend
#14 Posted : Tuesday, February 12, 2019 3:18:24 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: GuidingSleet603 Go to Quoted Post
Sir,
I present to you; The Evidence.

https://youtu.be/2t3dmv3GAwk





Really makes you wonder why they were never released into the full game...unless they caused bigger issues not spoken about

Edited by user Wednesday, February 13, 2019 12:31:37 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: A-Class Racing License
 2 users liked this post.
#15 Posted : Wednesday, February 13, 2019 12:17:43 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Sierra Skye19 Go to Quoted Post


I might sound a little repetitive here, but the last thread on this subject was closed before this particular issue was addressed.
[Mod Edit - Spamming creates an arms race of who can bump their pet issue most frequently and is therefore not allowed on the forums. - MM]


No, it was addressed, just not to your liking.
Rank: D-Class Racing License
 2 users liked this post.
#16 Posted : Wednesday, February 13, 2019 9:57:08 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Sierra Skye19 Go to Quoted Post

[Mod Edit - Spamming creates an arms race of who can bump their pet issue most frequently and is therefore not allowed on the forums. - MM]


I don't have any plans to spam anything, but thanks for assuming. I said I would bring this up every once in a while, not frequently. You don't shut down the exhaust sound thread, even though people have been complaining about it ever since the game was released, so why is this any different? You seem to be a "reasonable" person, so how is it unreasonable to keep a subject alive over an issue with the game that hasn't been fixed yet? If you don't want me making new threads about this every few months, then can't you just be nice and leave this one open instead of shutting it down like you did with the last one?

Every person who plays Forza has things they wish could be fixed or improved on, and for me, this problem about convertibles is a big issue. I was under the impression that this forum was a place where every aspect of Forza can be discussed, as long as it conforms to the rules. A single thread on a certain subject is not spam, and I wouldn't even have had to make this one if you had left the other one open.

Originally Posted by: Clutch63 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Sierra Skye19 Go to Quoted Post


I might sound a little repetitive here, but the last thread on this subject was closed before this particular issue was addressed.


No, it was addressed, just not to your liking.


Actually, no it wasn't addressed. If you go back and read the original thread about the roof on the 650S, you will see that while JONK did address the issue on the McLaren ONLY and talked about convertibles in general, there was not one single word said about applying the McLaren roof fix to any of the other cars with roof animation in Forzavista. Also, since the fix obviously hasn't been applied to those other cars at this point, then this is still an issue.

This is how I see it, and why I still have a problem with this...I am no expert on program coding, but just a little bit of logic says that if you have A) several cars with convertible roof animation in Forzavista, then B) the same coding should be used to trigger the roof position in all of those cars, and C) as well as the same code that determines whether the default roof position is open or closed while driving, then D) the exact same coding will work for all of the cars with roof animation. Therefore, E) whatever fix was applied to the McLaren should also work on ALL of the other cars with roof animation. However, F) that fix has NOT been applied to those other cars at this point, and despite what some people might think, no one, including JONK, has ever said a word about whether or not this fix would ever be done on those cars. I know that PG/T10 employees are under no obligation to disclose any information at all, but it still would have been nice if this little bit of added information would have been given to us when we were told about the McLaren fix.
"I knew I should have brought demon chasing shoes!"
Rank: S-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#17 Posted : Wednesday, February 13, 2019 3:28:31 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Sierra Skye19 Go to Quoted Post


Every person who plays Forza has things they wish could be fixed or improved on, and for me, this problem about convertibles is a big issue. I was under the impression that this forum was a place where every aspect of Forza can be discussed, as long as it conforms to the rules. A single thread on a certain subject is not spam, and I wouldn't even have had to make this one if you had left the other one open.


A big issue for you, a petty issue for some, and a non-issue for others.

The McLaren thread was about fixing the McLaren only, and once that patch was applied, the thread ran it's course.

Originally Posted by: Sierra Skye19 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Clutch63 Go to Quoted Post


No, it was addressed, just not to your liking.


Actually, no it wasn't addressed. If you go back and read the original thread about the roof on the 650S, you will see that while JONK did address the issue on the McLaren ONLY and talked about convertibles in general, there was not one single word said about applying the McLaren roof fix to any of the other cars with roof animation in Forzavista. Also, since the fix obviously hasn't been applied to those other cars at this point, then this is still an issue.


You just.. proved his point. The McLaren roof was addressed, so that particular thread was locked, and you're still requesting the roof fixes for other cars.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#18 Posted : Wednesday, February 13, 2019 3:32:37 PM(UTC)
If they're under no obligation to tell us then why keep pushing for an answer? Obviously if they had a plan that they wanted us to know about they would've told us in that thread. But they didnt. No answer IS an answer.
Rank: D-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#19 Posted : Wednesday, February 13, 2019 4:01:42 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: LAZARUSceelai Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Sierra Skye19 Go to Quoted Post


Every person who plays Forza has things they wish could be fixed or improved on, and for me, this problem about convertibles is a big issue. I was under the impression that this forum was a place where every aspect of Forza can be discussed, as long as it conforms to the rules. A single thread on a certain subject is not spam, and I wouldn't even have had to make this one if you had left the other one open.


A big issue for you, a petty issue for some, and a non-issue for others.

The McLaren thread was about fixing the McLaren only, and once that patch was applied, the thread ran it's course.


That's exactly right, so those people who do not consider it to be an issue can go do other things, but that doesn't mean my concerns are any less valid than any other person who has any other problems with any aspect of the game.

The McLaren thread STARTED with a request to fix the roof on just the one car, but the thread quickly expanded to fixes for other convertibles. It's pretty ridiculous to have an individual thread for each individual car that has a problem, so even though they finally fixed the 650S, does not mean that the same exact problem does not exist with at least 2 other cars, and as long as they are still buggered up, the subject is still valid.

Originally Posted by: LAZARUSceelai Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Sierra Skye19 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Clutch63 Go to Quoted Post


No, it was addressed, just not to your liking.


Actually, no it wasn't addressed. If you go back and read the original thread about the roof on the 650S, you will see that while JONK did address the issue on the McLaren ONLY and talked about convertibles in general, there was not one single word said about applying the McLaren roof fix to any of the other cars with roof animation in Forzavista. Also, since the fix obviously hasn't been applied to those other cars at this point, then this is still an issue.


You just.. proved his point. The McLaren roof was addressed, so that particular thread was locked, and you're still requesting the roof fixes for other cars.


The McLaren roof issue was just the catalyst for the bigger "convertible" discussion, and again, if you had read through the original thread, the McLaren wasn't the only car being talked about. What part of "other cars have the identical problem" are you not understanding here? The fix for the 650S can be applied to the other cars with Forzavista roof animation, but it hasn't...so here we are.

Originally Posted by: Clutch63 Go to Quoted Post
If they're under no obligation to tell us then why keep pushing for an answer? Obviously if they had a plan that they wanted us to know about they would've told us in that thread. But they didnt. No answer IS an answer.


Because I expect my cars to work the way they were designed to work, and if they don't, then I am bloody well going to say something about it. The McLaren got fixed because enough people complained about it, but as I keep pointing out, the McLaren isn't the only car in FH4 with the same problem. How else do you expect a problem to get fixed or even acknowledged if people don't speak up about it? "No answer" isn't actually an answer, it is a lack of information that could have easily been given to us whenthe subject was brought up the first time.
"I knew I should have brought demon chasing shoes!"
Rank: S-Class Racing License
#20 Posted : Wednesday, February 13, 2019 4:30:43 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Sierra Skye19 Go to Quoted Post

Because I expect my cars to work the way they were designed to work, and if they don't, then I am bloody well going to say something about it. The McLaren got fixed because enough people complained about it, but as I keep pointing out, the McLaren isn't the only car in FH4 with the same problem. How else do you expect a problem to get fixed or even acknowledged if people don't speak up about it? "No answer" isn't actually an answer, it is a lack of information that could have easily been given to us whenthe subject was brought up the first time.


Something was done about the McLaren to set it apart from the almost identical 650S Coupe that was already in the game; that's why people hounded and pounded about it. Other convertible vehicles in the game are unique to form in the game and don't have coupe duplicates in the car list like the 650S Spyder did (adding to how it was a Car Pass vehicle and people did pay money to access the car).

No one is saying you can't speak out about it. However, in this case, you are part of a minority, and whether convertible roofs are up or down, they don't affect how the cars drive, your participation in races or whatever else the game has advertised on the box, so this is not a priority or a game breaking issue the developers need to focus on.
Rank: Racing Legend
#21 Posted : Wednesday, February 13, 2019 6:09:33 PM(UTC)
Have you posted here about it yet

https://support.forzamotorsport.net/
Rank: A-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#22 Posted : Wednesday, February 13, 2019 7:14:54 PM(UTC)
The McLaren was the only car that should've been talked about because it was a McLaren thread. The only other people talking about other convertibles was you.

No answer is an answer. I don't get why that's so hard to understand. Hoe would it be different if they told you "were aware of it" compared to now? There's no new knowledge soo? They don't wanna give you updates, deal with it.
Rank: D-Class Racing License
 2 users liked this post.
#23 Posted : Wednesday, February 13, 2019 7:49:21 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: LAZARUSceelai Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Sierra Skye19 Go to Quoted Post

Because I expect my cars to work the way they were designed to work, and if they don't, then I am bloody well going to say something about it. The McLaren got fixed because enough people complained about it, but as I keep pointing out, the McLaren isn't the only car in FH4 with the same problem. How else do you expect a problem to get fixed or even acknowledged if people don't speak up about it? "No answer" isn't actually an answer, it is a lack of information that could have easily been given to us whenthe subject was brought up the first time.


Something was done about the McLaren to set it apart from the almost identical 650S Coupe that was already in the game; that's why people hounded and pounded about it. Other convertible vehicles in the game are unique to form in the game and don't have coupe duplicates in the car list like the 650S Spyder did (adding to how it was a Car Pass vehicle and people did pay money to access the car).

No one is saying you can't speak out about it. However, in this case, you are part of a minority, and whether convertible roofs are up or down, they don't affect how the cars drive, your participation in races or whatever else the game has advertised on the box, so this is not a priority or a game breaking issue the developers need to focus on.


Yes, I am very aware of the initial reason for the complaint about the McLaren, but as I keep saying (seems no one can manage to get this part), is that the discussion about the 650S quickly expanded into a conversation about convertibles in general, and since at least 2 other cars suffer from the EXACT same problem that the McLaren roof had, then this is still a very valid concern.

I honestly don't care if I am in the "minority" on this, that's not the point. Do I really need to have a "majority" concern in order to have a reasonable expectation of a correction? I'll bet you anything that the "majority" of Forza players didn't care about the McLaren's roof being up or down, yet PG/T10 did something about it anyway. My point, that everyone seems to keep overlooking or ignoring, is that the fix IS THERE, for at least two other cars. What is so difficult about applying it to them as well as the McLaren? It's not like I am asking for something they don't already have.

Originally Posted by: Clutch63 Go to Quoted Post
The McLaren was the only car that should've been talked about because it was a McLaren thread. The only other people talking about other convertibles was you.

No answer is an answer. I don't get why that's so hard to understand. Hoe would it be different if they told you "were aware of it" compared to now? There's no new knowledge soo? They don't wanna give you updates, deal with it.


Oh, right...and you get to decide the flow of a discussion? You know as well as I do that discussions on one subject often bring up related subjects, and if you think I was the only person talking about other convertibles, you are absolutely wrong. I might have been the only person who mentioned the Z4 and the Ferrari California, but there was plenty of discussion about other specific convertibles, and even just about convertibles in general. There was a general consensus that players want the top to be down on ALL convertibles, not just the Mclaren.

I have a question for you...did you come into this thread to actually contribute something useful, or just to criticize me? If this subject isn't important for you, then let me suggest that you find some other thread to act superior in.
"I knew I should have brought demon chasing shoes!"
Rank: Driver's Permit
#24 Posted : Thursday, February 14, 2019 2:43:05 AM(UTC)
I'd love to have the option to open roofs while driving (at the correct speed ;)) or change them in Forzavista or at least via bodykit. I was really surprised that they didn't add this feature in FH4 since i felt the same way while playing FH3. Did the devs ever explain, why they did not implement that feature? It feel odd not to, so I guess there has to be some reason.
Rank: D-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#25 Posted : Thursday, February 14, 2019 9:19:49 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: oloAnyK3y Go to Quoted Post
I'd love to have the option to open roofs while driving (at the correct speed ;)) or change them in Forzavista or at least via bodykit. I was really surprised that they didn't add this feature in FH4 since i felt the same way while playing FH3. Did the devs ever explain, why they did not implement that feature? It feel odd not to, so I guess there has to be some reason.


Those are all suggestions that many of us have had, and were mentioned in the previous convertible thread. This is the only "official" word we have had about it that I am aware of...

"We know the ultimate desire is to be able to raise and lower convertible tops in gameplay, and we'd love that too, but that's a more complex problem we hope to address in the future. In the meantime, we agree the goal of owning and driving a spider is to drive with the top down." - JONK1969

JONK also mentioned that the only "immediate" fix was going to be for the McLaren 650S Spider, which happened back in January. Basically this means that the ability to open and close the roof while driving isn't something likely to be added to FH4, but could possibly be a feature in FH5.
"I knew I should have brought demon chasing shoes!"
4 Pages123>>Next

Notification

Icon
Error