This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
4 Pages<<234Prev
#76 Posted : Wednesday, February 13, 2019 7:41:14 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Briisace Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Peregrine57 Go to Quoted Post
I wasn't planning on participating in the seasonal co-op this week. But I accidentally joined one when I saw it pop up on the map and wasn't paying attention to what it was. There were 3 players against 8 AI drivers. It was a massacre.

First race, I was wiped out by both my teammates. One of them twice. Couldn't catch up to the pack, and came in last. My first clue that I was in the weekly co-op championship should have been when the race ended, and we were loaded into the second race. But for some reason, I didn't clue in. I figured they'd just set up a custom championship or something.

Second race I was only wiped out by one of my teammates, but he took me out pretty bad. Seriously, people; you're the blue team. If you're going to ram somebody in co-op, ram the AI. They're not real people, their feelings don't matter.

Managed to stay in the middle of the pack for a while, but then the AI started breezing past me on the straights like I was standing still. That's when the realization started to dawn on me that I was in the weekly co-op championship, and the AI were set to Unbeatable. Came in dead last.

Third race, I was actually doing pretty well at first, until I was wiped out by, of all things, the checkpoint flag. Seriously, I nicked the checkpoint flag, and for some reason, it spun me out off the track, and flicked me around backwards. I recovered and rejoined the race in last place, so far behind, I didn't stand a chance. Something similar happened again on the second lap, and I missed at least one checkpoint at some point, and then the AI lapped me. I was a whole lap behind, and no chance of catching up, so I just pulled over to the side of the track, and waited for the timer to run out.

So, yeah, pretty much a standard Co-op championship.

I like the co-op championships. If you only get 1 other player joining you it's a guaranteed win. Even if they are totally useless and finish last you will still win it if you finish first. The only time I don't win a race is if the person joining is better than me and they win. So win win.

I remember a few seasons back with S2 Porsche dirt trial. I had my whole team quit during the first race and that was a blessing lol. Finished that one with EASE
Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track

Check me out on Mixer! www.mixer.com/dareocharmer
#77 Posted : Wednesday, February 13, 2019 7:56:49 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DaReoCharmer Go to Quoted Post

I like the co-op championships. If you only get 1 other player joining you it's a guaranteed win. Even if they are totally useless and finish last you will still win it if you finish first. The only time I don't win a race is if the person joining is better than me and they win. So win win.

I remember a few seasons back with S2 Porsche dirt trial. I had my whole team quit during the first race and that was a blessing lol. Finished that one with EASE

Honestly, when this game first came out, I had been playing FH3 and FM7 with the AI on Above Average. I'm now competitive against Expert, and can consistently get the weekly solo championships without too much trouble. So I feel I'm making progress. But Unbeatable is still a bit beyond my skill. Add to that the randomness of your own team messing you up, and... I just don't bother with the co-op championships unless the prize is really enticing. I only stand a chance if the rest of the team is really good, and I don't really feel that I'm contributing to the effort.
 1 user liked this post.
#78 Posted : Wednesday, February 13, 2019 8:10:09 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DaReoCharmer Go to Quoted Post

Honestly, when this game first came out, I had been playing FH3 and FM7 with the AI on Above Average. I'm now competitive against Expert, and can consistently get the weekly solo championships without too much trouble. So I feel I'm making progress. But Unbeatable is still a bit beyond my skill. Add to that the randomness of your own team messing you up, and... I just don't bother with the co-op championships unless the prize is really enticing. I only stand a chance if the rest of the team is really good, and I don't really feel that I'm contributing to the effort.

Expert was my main setting for FH3 and FM7. I stick to Pro on this one, I could race on unbeatable but I dont like the idea of having to race nearly perfect against AI. You already have to drive like the Stig to win any ranked lobbies. If you ever need help with the co-op stuff, I wouldnt mind giving a hand. I only do ranked now as it is, so i dont mind helping other get the prize. The Halo one took some time because my team just couldnt keep up
Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track

Check me out on Mixer! www.mixer.com/dareocharmer
#79 Posted : Wednesday, February 13, 2019 8:12:58 AM(UTC)
If you haven't bought the Mercedes SL65 FE from the Forza shop ... do it ... it is well worth the 400 FP

Stock - it drifts really well ... no messing with tunes and it racks up Skill points so fast with the perks unlocked
 2 users liked this post.
#80 Posted : Wednesday, February 13, 2019 11:32:41 AM(UTC)

If you can beat the expert solo's then shouldn't be too much of a stretch to score decent points in the unbeatable coops. Only the first couple of DT's really run at 'unbeatable' pace and even they can usually be conquered with some track knowledge and a decent tune. Don't expect to smash it first time out, it takes a few runs for the braking points and lines to become more natural then you can focus on being quick and passing cars. I don't think these events are designed to be a one shot or too easy... the Devs seem to like to force us into MP. if you can get a group of you in the mid pack it's a win.

If you're on the racing line, the DT will push you over as it follows it's path so be ready to push back. It's not worth putting yourself alongside a 'team mate' next to a checkpoint, as they often ram you either intentionally or unintentionally. Better to be a car length behind as you approach the next corner, poised and ready to drive around their next mistake. I have way less unintentional offs with some defensive driving, and when I do I've usually put myself in a dumb place. Unfortunately there is no cure for those who don't brake into the corner and smash into you, but often as your car is at a controlled speed, you can recover and pull away while they are sorting our their exit.

Good controller settings help, eliminating the dead spots and linearity in the 30-40 range gave me a lot more fine adjustment to pick lines at speed though it will take a few days to adapt.

Tunes can be a challenge, most of what you download is trash. Spending 10 minutes to set up a base tune using a calc or app makes a significant difference to how the car drives, and is often better than any of the 'bolt on all the go faster bits' tunes you download. Aero can be a bit over powered so worth using where you can. Once you have an OK car, you can then tweak a to your liking or to compensate for car behaviour on track.

I only really got back into racing games last year when I discovered Horizon 1, then completed most of hot wheels to entertain my youngest and now into H4. I'm comfortable on expert/pro most of the time, but with a tune and a little persistence I can repeatedly win against unbeatable once I find my grove on a particular track.

Good luck

#81 Posted : Wednesday, February 13, 2019 12:49:47 PM(UTC)
While doing the co-op trial yesterday on unbeatable myself and another guy almost lapped the AI on both the 5 lap races..yet i usually race on expert
Im not fast and neither was the other guy...i dont believe the AI in the trial co-op events is really unbeatable..it was easier than expert
#82 Posted : Wednesday, February 13, 2019 9:11:36 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: decto Go to Quoted Post
Better to be a car length behind as you approach the next corner, poised and ready to drive around their next mistake. I have way less unintentional offs with some defensive driving, and when I do I've usually put myself in a dumb place...Good controller settings help, eliminating the dead spots and linearity in the 30-40 range gave me a lot more fine adjustment to pick lines at speed though it will take a few days to adapt.

Tunes can be a challenge, most of what you download is trash. Spending 10 minutes to set up a base tune using a calc or app makes a significant difference to how the car drives, and is often better than any of the 'bolt on all the go faster bits' tunes you download. Aero can be a bit over powered so worth using where you can. Once you have an OK car, you can then tweak a to your liking or to compensate for car behaviour on track.

Great post thanks for the tips. I need to look into adjusting controller settings, maybe find a YT video about it. Love using the revised bumpers to shift, the old "clicky" ones were horrible. Downshifting quickly is tricky though. That's off-topic, will try those linearity adjustments. My tunes are decent base tunes that I try not to pile on with upgrades, sometimes do. Mainly just the suspension/anti-roll/brake/differential/trans/tire stuff that unlock adjustments. Am a bit of a weird purist. Was upgrading the '19 911 and was thinking wait I wouldn't put aftermarket ignition, fuel system, or valves on this in real life why would I do it here? Some result in consistent race winners some need some more adjustment.

Edited by user Thursday, February 14, 2019 3:42:37 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#83 Posted : Thursday, March 14, 2019 4:09:41 AM(UTC)
Hi there, can anyone tell me why I am not able to play spring forzathon? I get a message saying feature locked and underneath that I am told, you can't access this right now. Check back in future series. I don't get It, I played all the other seasons events. Cheers
4 Pages<<234Prev

Notification

Icon
Error