4 Pages1234PrevNext
#51 Posted : Friday, February 8, 2019 7:51:05 AM(UTC)
The trial was fairly easy this week and that was refreshing. I also got it on the first try but my team were a decent squad. I won all 3 events but no one finished last and that made me feel good as well
Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track.

FH4 and I have a volatile love/hate relationship 😑
 2 users liked this post.
#52 Posted : Friday, February 8, 2019 8:48:22 AM(UTC)
My comment was moved into this thread, and now it makes absolutely no sense at all so this is my edited comment.

Edited by user Friday, February 8, 2019 9:50:48 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#53 Posted : Friday, February 8, 2019 8:53:24 AM(UTC)
I used that new Porsche we got in the car pass last week. I think its the 2019 992

#54 Posted : Friday, February 8, 2019 10:51:44 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: msb247 Go to Quoted Post
Spring Community Championship Ambleside - Hot Wheels Ford Mustang

Tried several of the recommended cars without success.

The one which worked best for me was a standard 2011 Audi RS 3 Sportback tune/upgrade not needed. Class & PI B699.

Same here. The other cars just couldn't catch up to the3 guys in front, but the Audi would.

4 users liked this post.
#55 Posted : Friday, February 8, 2019 11:08:17 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: JReaban Go to Quoted Post

The one which worked best for me was a standard 2011 Audi RS 3 Sportback tune/upgrade not needed. Class & PI B699.

Same here. The other cars just couldn't catch up to the3 guys in front, but the Audi would.

Seeing as I had spent 800 FP a pop for a 2018 Civic Type R, I was gonna put that 800 FP to work, so I made an A class tune for it to use in that Championship. Normally, expert drivatars aren't even a second thought in races, but it surprised me how the two lead drivatars started taking off, so i got 3rd the first race, then actually started paying attention for the 2nd and 3rd races to get 1st. If you want to put your 800 FP to work, I have an A800 tune for the Civic on my storefront. Also tuned the HW Mustang for S1 900 after winning it and it handles pretty well when i was driving it around. I may take it in for some online racing later today to see how it works.
#56 Posted : Friday, February 8, 2019 11:52:07 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jadigafer7 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: JReaban Go to Quoted Post

Seeing as I had spent 800 FP a pop for a 2018 Civic Type R, I was gonna put that 800 FP to work, so I made an A class tune for it to use in that Championship. Normally, expert drivatars aren't even a second thought in races, but it surprised me how the two lead drivatars started taking off, so i got 3rd the first race, then actually started paying attention for the 2nd and 3rd races to get 1st. If you want to put your 800 FP to work, I have an A800 tune for the Civic on my storefront. Also tuned the HW Mustang for S1 900 after winning it and it handles pretty well when i was driving it around. I may take it in for some online racing later today to see how it works.

I play on Pro and I used the 2015 Type R I think. Not the newest one but it has the same engine as the 2018, 4 exhaust pipes in the back. A800. I dont share my tunes but I had fun tuning it for this challenge. I need to be able to adjust things on the fly, thats why I dont download tunes

#57 Posted : Friday, February 8, 2019 3:01:18 PM(UTC)
can not enter Ambleside scramble spring championship says this content is unavailable because it has not been downloaded please connect to horizon life to download it
 1 user liked this post.
#58 Posted : Friday, February 8, 2019 3:15:06 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Moffetts Ghost Go to Quoted Post
can not enter Ambleside scramble spring championship says this content is unavailable because it has not been downloaded please connect to horizon life to download it

Try restarting the game. I got that as well, restarting the game (on Xbox) made it work.
#59 Posted : Friday, February 8, 2019 4:42:48 PM(UTC)
I've had a good few runs at the coop this time and the blue team wins almost every event. Not surprising really as nearly the entire race is boxed in with wall riding friendly walls so a significant number of players either go for the 'mega wall ride' or the 'don't brake, drift through the flag and bounce' approach. Though its fairly straightforward to drive around the AI with a handing tune.

Breeminators Maserati build was a good base if you want click and be competitive to get the prize but in the end I did my own tune to suit my driving style with a bit more front end so I can slip up the inside of the wall bouncers in the tight turns.

Shame there is so much team ramming but at least it doesn't stop you from winning the event.

#60 Posted : Saturday, February 9, 2019 4:52:19 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Scimmia22 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Moffetts Ghost Go to Quoted Post

Try restarting the game. I got that as well, restarting the game (on Xbox) made it work.

that has worked just fine thank you
 1 user liked this post.
#61 Posted : Saturday, February 9, 2019 8:55:51 AM(UTC)
I am personally getting tired of all the drifting skills in the Forzathons anymore. Maybe it just me and my feeling that drifting is just silly. At least todays Showoffs knocked out 2 different things.
#62 Posted : Saturday, February 9, 2019 9:02:22 AM(UTC)
I swear I spend more time loading than actually doing this junk. It’s tedious and I don’t have all day.

Edited by user Saturday, February 9, 2019 9:06:56 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#63 Posted : Sunday, February 10, 2019 4:56:26 AM(UTC)
Community tracks very good this week. A few hairpin turns on the first track took me by surprise but i coped ok. The first two point to point tracks are really good A800 dirt rally tracks. The circuit track is good - very fast. I only missed the first corner on my second lap for a rewind. I think the lower PI requirement is key for these community tracks.
 6 users liked this post.
#64 Posted : Sunday, February 10, 2019 5:31:28 AM(UTC)
[Mod Edit - thread merged - MM]

Seasonal Team Event limited to A-class

Thank you very much for the A-class-limit. It was easier this time, but it was lovely to not see people failing while trying to steer their overpowered S2-class-car. A fair competition for all six players - please stay on this way and limit further events to the A-class aswell!

Edited by user Sunday, February 10, 2019 7:48:19 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

4 users liked this post.
#65 Posted : Sunday, February 10, 2019 7:00:48 AM(UTC)
It wouldn't hurt if they limited some to B/C/D class as well.
#66 Posted : Sunday, February 10, 2019 11:38:14 AM(UTC)
Is everyone getting the correct amount of Forzathon points for completing events?

Since the connection issues last week I'm no longer getting double points for having the house.
 1 user liked this post.
#67 Posted : Sunday, February 10, 2019 11:50:20 AM(UTC)
Yep.

Make sure you still have the house. It seems to be common to have to re-buy it, mostly for VIPs.
#68 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2019 3:02:04 AM(UTC)
So 800FP for my favorite car, which as a new player, is literally impossible to gain this much when i have 60FP at the moment, within 3 days.
The Honda civic type r 18 is also incredibly rare to be sold on the auction house, iv'e spent hours hoping to buy one and iv'e seen no one selling it, and either way i'm sure if it is sold there that it would be massively overpriced anyway.
Why do this? Why make a car I cant afford IRL and hope to enjoy in a game so impossible to get?
I'm really enjoying the game yeah, but I just wish I could do so with one of my favorite rides.
#69 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2019 9:59:45 PM(UTC)
current weekly rally even the ai are doing hair pin turns in rally mud stage un beatable atm
#70 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2019 10:06:11 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: GCE Go to Quoted Post
Community tracks very good this week. A few hairpin turns on the first track took me by surprise but i coped ok. The first two point to point tracks are really good A800 dirt rally tracks. The circuit track is good - very fast. I only missed the first corner on my second lap for a rewind. I think the lower PI requirement is key for these community tracks.
\

Glad you liked the circuit track. It's original submission at the same start point and name makes use of a lower PI classic muscle. It translated pretty decently to higher power hot hatches. It's name is because the track was inspired by the ol grassroots style dirt circle tracks popular in north america, but with that bit of european roots rally.

Edited by user Monday, February 11, 2019 10:09:58 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#71 Posted : Tuesday, February 12, 2019 5:33:10 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Muffinlicious43 Go to Quoted Post
So 800FP for my favorite car, which as a new player, is literally impossible to gain this much when i have 60FP at the moment, within 3 days.
The Honda civic type r 18 is also incredibly rare to be sold on the auction house, iv'e spent hours hoping to buy one and iv'e seen no one selling it, and either way i'm sure if it is sold there that it would be massively overpriced anyway.
Why do this? Why make a car I cant afford IRL and hope to enjoy in a game so impossible to get?
I'm really enjoying the game yeah, but I just wish I could do so with one of my favorite rides.

I got one in the auction eventually, it took 3 days, and it was only 65,000 buyout price.
#72 Posted : Tuesday, February 12, 2019 7:59:38 AM(UTC)
The issue with the Honda was very few moving through the auction house so few targets to snipe at. After this week I expect a lot more trades so easier to win.

You just need to continually search and always hit the buyout sequence just after you start the search. If you wait until you can read what's in the white box it's usually too late.

2 users liked this post.
#73 Posted : Tuesday, February 12, 2019 8:48:00 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Ti Hsien Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: talby71 Go to Quoted Post

That's not really grinding
Its a weekly event
Just because it cant be done in 30-45 minutes doesnt make it a grind...you have the whole week to do it

You might have a whole week free to do it. I've usually got about 4 hours. Maybe 8 if there's something to entice me to dedicate some extra time and effort to this "old" game. I usually log in to tinker with the new DLC cars, knock out the weekly, grab what I don't have from the Forzathon Shop, and call it a day well spent. Yesterday I played with the van and mustang, looked at the Shop and said "nope", looked at the weekly and said "I rarely did that many races in a row when I was actively playing, and then likely on a day off." They seemingly increased the tedium without increasing the income, and then made the income essentially worth less in the shop. For me it's a motivation killer.

That old van was fun, though. And I liked the mustang more than I thought I would.

I like the challenges they force me to use cars I otherwise would not. You call the game "old." To me it's not old and I focus only on Forzas whereas you seem to dedicate your time to other games. Forzathon shop prices I'd think were increased to reduce players purchasing twenty Type-R's and selling them. Seasonals actually keep it from becoming old for me because usually get just enough in to complete those and there are still events on the main map as well as fortune island that haven't been touched as well as 3/4 of the garage (spend too much time tuning and not driving when I'm able to play).

Edited by user Tuesday, February 12, 2019 8:52:43 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#74 Posted : Wednesday, February 13, 2019 5:18:39 AM(UTC)
I wasn't planning on participating in the seasonal co-op this week. But I accidentally joined one when I saw it pop up on the map and wasn't paying attention to what it was. There were 3 players against 8 AI drivers. It was a massacre.

First race, I was wiped out by both my teammates. One of them twice. Couldn't catch up to the pack, and came in last. My first clue that I was in the weekly co-op championship should have been when the race ended, and we were loaded into the second race. But for some reason, I didn't clue in. I figured they'd just set up a custom championship or something.

Second race I was only wiped out by one of my teammates, but he took me out pretty bad. Seriously, people; you're the blue team. If you're going to ram somebody in co-op, ram the AI. They're not real people, their feelings don't matter.

Managed to stay in the middle of the pack for a while, but then the AI started breezing past me on the straights like I was standing still. That's when the realization started to dawn on me that I was in the weekly co-op championship, and the AI were set to Unbeatable. Came in dead last.

Third race, I was actually doing pretty well at first, until I was wiped out by, of all things, the checkpoint flag. Seriously, I nicked the checkpoint flag, and for some reason, it spun me out off the track, and flicked me around backwards. I recovered and rejoined the race in last place, so far behind, I didn't stand a chance. Something similar happened again on the second lap, and I missed at least one checkpoint at some point, and then the AI lapped me. I was a whole lap behind, and no chance of catching up, so I just pulled over to the side of the track, and waited for the timer to run out.

So, yeah, pretty much a standard Co-op championship.
 2 users liked this post.
#75 Posted : Wednesday, February 13, 2019 5:57:41 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Peregrine57 Go to Quoted Post
I wasn't planning on participating in the seasonal co-op this week. But I accidentally joined one when I saw it pop up on the map and wasn't paying attention to what it was. There were 3 players against 8 AI drivers. It was a massacre.

First race, I was wiped out by both my teammates. One of them twice. Couldn't catch up to the pack, and came in last. My first clue that I was in the weekly co-op championship should have been when the race ended, and we were loaded into the second race. But for some reason, I didn't clue in. I figured they'd just set up a custom championship or something.

Second race I was only wiped out by one of my teammates, but he took me out pretty bad. Seriously, people; you're the blue team. If you're going to ram somebody in co-op, ram the AI. They're not real people, their feelings don't matter.

Managed to stay in the middle of the pack for a while, but then the AI started breezing past me on the straights like I was standing still. That's when the realization started to dawn on me that I was in the weekly co-op championship, and the AI were set to Unbeatable. Came in dead last.

Third race, I was actually doing pretty well at first, until I was wiped out by, of all things, the checkpoint flag. Seriously, I nicked the checkpoint flag, and for some reason, it spun me out off the track, and flicked me around backwards. I recovered and rejoined the race in last place, so far behind, I didn't stand a chance. Something similar happened again on the second lap, and I missed at least one checkpoint at some point, and then the AI lapped me. I was a whole lap behind, and no chance of catching up, so I just pulled over to the side of the track, and waited for the timer to run out.

So, yeah, pretty much a standard Co-op championship.

I like the co-op championships. If you only get 1 other player joining you it's a guaranteed win. Even if they are totally useless and finish last you will still win it if you finish first. The only time I don't win a race is if the person joining is better than me and they win. So win win.

Edited by user Wednesday, February 13, 2019 5:58:47 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

4 Pages1234PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error