This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
4 Pages1234PrevNext
 2 users liked this post.
#26 Posted : Thursday, February 7, 2019 2:39:45 PM(UTC)
I must say I really like those community championships :)
#27 Posted : Thursday, February 7, 2019 3:01:31 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ferkelparade Go to Quoted Post
The worst mistake you can make in street races is tuning your car up too far - the opponents will always match your PI, and the twisty tracks with lots of hairpins and 90 degree corners are much easier with a slower car. I have uploaded a C-class tune with the very original name "forzathon" if it helps anyone - it's not the best tune ever, but it gets the job done nicely and can even be used for the drag events.

Side question, what track are you guys using for farming the showoff skills? I can manage one occasionally, but I find them surprisingly difficult to do intentionally and in quick succession.

Changed my car to an A800 and it was a cinch. But I didn't expect the street scene to follow rules like that.
 1 user liked this post.
#28 Posted : Thursday, February 7, 2019 3:26:08 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Scimmia22 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post

PR Stunt: The Roman Mile Speed Trap | 235.0 feet

Jumping a Speed Trap? This could get interesting... ;)

#FORZATHON WEEKLY CHALLENGE: [must be done in sequence to count]
Earn 200 FP from this challenge plus 20 per Daily
  • Own and drive the 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
  • Finish 1st in 6 Street Scene events in your Eclipse
  • Win 5 Drag Strip Events in your Eclipse
  • Earn 5 Showoff Skills in your Eclipse

Wow that's a lot of grinding. A bit disappointed, too; when the update stream said they were introducing Street Scene into the seasonal content, I was expecting a seasonal championship.

That's not really grinding
Its a weekly event
Just because it cant be done in 30-45 minutes doesnt make it a grind...you have the whole week to do it

Oh and the races are barely 2 minutes long

Edited by user Friday, February 8, 2019 2:54:29 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#29 Posted : Thursday, February 7, 2019 3:43:15 PM(UTC)
Sure wish we could get more of these community championships, they're a blast! Especially in the absence of any 'PG Editor Picks' in the custom blueprints.
#30 Posted : Thursday, February 7, 2019 4:40:23 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Zeem Frostmaw Go to Quoted Post
Sure wish we could get more of these community championships, they're a blast! Especially in the absence of any 'PG Editor Picks' in the custom blueprints.

Another Routecomp just wrapped up, we should be seeing more editor picks soon. I really need to be making more outside of the competitions though, been so busy. But yay! 3/4 seasons had a championship track. Much joy.

I really should put a post/link together so that I can share my tracks in the sig.

Edited by user Thursday, February 7, 2019 4:41:00 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#31 Posted : Thursday, February 7, 2019 5:23:26 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: breeminator Go to Quoted Post
This week's Trial was an absolute doddle compared to last week's. We hammered the drivatars in every race at the first attempt, but maybe we had a strong team.

I won all 3 races with my tune of the 2010 Maserati GT-S, shared as "A800 all round". I'm also joint 97th on the leaderboard for the Moorhead Wind Farm rivals with it (one of the tracks in this Trial).

Thanks for the sharing the tune, this worked perfectly for me! Had two outright wins myself and my team won all three races, made the trial enjoyable!
 1 user liked this post.
#32 Posted : Thursday, February 7, 2019 5:41:43 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: talby71 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Scimmia22 Go to Quoted Post

PR Stunt: The Roman Mile Speed Trap | 235.0 feet

Jumping a Speed Trap? This could get interesting... ;)

#FORZATHON WEEKLY CHALLENGE: [must be done in sequence to count]
Earn 200 FP from this challenge plus 20 per Daily
  • Own and drive the 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
  • Finish 1st in 6 Street Scene events in your Eclipse
  • Win 5 Drag Strip Events in your Eclipse
  • Earn 5 Showoff Skills in your Eclipse

Wow that's a lot of grinding. A bit disappointed, too; when the update stream said they were introducing Street Scene into the seasonal content, I was expecting a seasonal championship.

Its a weekly event
Just because it cant be done in 30-45 minutes doesnt make it a grind...you have the whole week to do it

Win 11 events, when previous weeks was more like 3? Yeah, that's a lot of grinding.
 2 users liked this post.
#33 Posted : Thursday, February 7, 2019 6:10:56 PM(UTC)
Not grinding because many different races and even moreso for new players to experience more of the game. Better than one that can be done in 30 seconds.

Also note that both race events cannot have blueprints or routes made for them. So gotta work for it. 10 g buy in.
#34 Posted : Thursday, February 7, 2019 10:56:57 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: breeminator Go to Quoted Post
This week's Trial was an absolute doddle compared to last week's. We hammered the drivatars in every race at the first attempt, but maybe we had a strong team.

I won all 3 races with my tune of the 2010 Maserati GT-S, shared as "A800 all round". I'm also joint 97th on the leaderboard for the Moorhead Wind Farm rivals with it (one of the tracks in this Trial).

I watch GT cars and think "well it looks Maserati is easily fastest" so i pick aston martin and i just wasnt able to match your rivals time with that aston, dbs just dont accelerate fast enough out in that second corner so my best time was 0,3s slower than yours. And i get trial also on first time, we have only 4 guys after first race and we get just enough points to beat drivatars.

This community championship was really fun, all 3 race was really well made.
#35 Posted : Thursday, February 7, 2019 11:01:56 PM(UTC)
I liked all the asphalt circuits in the seasonal championships. 4 of 'em, all favorites. It made The Trial easy, 6 for 6 with 18 wins, but it was also the first time I had a choice of 100-998 and I went straight to S2 class. The cars the game throws out are no match for the 911 GT3 RS preorder car on asphalt in S2. I much prefer dirt community created events, this week's were great, but I appreciate the asphalt circuits in the other stuff, for a week at least. It hit the spot.
#36 Posted : Friday, February 8, 2019 1:26:05 AM(UTC)
The worst mistake you can make in street races is tuning your car up too far - the opponents will always match your PI, and the twisty tracks with lots of hairpins and 90 degree corners are much easier with a slower car. I have uploaded a C-class tune with the very original name "forzathon" if it helps anyone - it's not the best tune ever, but it gets the job done nicely and can even be used for the drag events.

Side question, what track are you guys using for farming the showoff skills? I can manage one occasionally, but I find them surprisingly difficult to do intentionally and in quick succession.

Showoff skills can be problematic but if anyone needs help, STEVEtheP1R4TE has blueprinted a race with a tune and video for the showoff skills and weekly Forzathon challenge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyYCvrNe5kI

#37 Posted : Friday, February 8, 2019 2:13:32 AM(UTC)
[Mod Edit - thread merged - MM]

spring cart before the horse
which cars can be used because i tried to use an old Porsche and it showed load's of car's

Edited by user Friday, February 8, 2019 9:12:32 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users liked this post.
#38 Posted : Friday, February 8, 2019 2:28:23 AM(UTC)

Its a weekly event

You might have a whole week free to do it. I've usually got about 4 hours. Maybe 8 if there's something to entice me to dedicate some extra time and effort to this "old" game. I usually log in to tinker with the new DLC cars, knock out the weekly, grab what I don't have from the Forzathon Shop, and call it a day well spent. Yestreday I played with the van and mustang, looked at the Shop and said "nope", looked at the weekly and said "I rarely did that many races in a row when I was actively playing, and then likely on a day off." They seemingly increased the tedium without increasing the income, and then made the income essentially worth less in the shop. For me it's a motivation killer.

That old van was fun, though. And I liked the mustang more than I thought I would.
Welcome to the Hyperbolic Whine Chamber. If you cry hard enough you might get your pouter level over 9000.
#39 Posted : Friday, February 8, 2019 2:41:57 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Tylergage07 Go to Quoted Post
YES THE 2018 HONDA CIVIC TYPE R IS BACK IN THE FORZATHON SHOP!!!!

For 800 points can I just ask if it is competitive online? To make it worthwhile me grinding to earn the points? (I'm not much into collecting cars that I don't intend to use.)
#40 Posted : Friday, February 8, 2019 2:43:44 AM(UTC)
Rear-Engined only.
 5 users liked this post.
#41 Posted : Friday, February 8, 2019 2:47:11 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Ti Hsien Go to Quoted Post

Its a weekly event

You might have a whole week free to do it. I've usually got about 4 hours. Maybe 8 if there's something to entice me to dedicate some extra time and effort to this "old" game. I usually log in to tinker with the new DLC cars, knock out the weekly, grab what I don't have from the Forzathon Shop, and call it a day well spent. Yestreday I played with the van and mustang, looked at the Shop and said "nope", looked at the weekly and said "I rarely did that many races in a row when I was actively playing, and then likely on a day off." They seemingly increased the tedium without increasing the income, and then made the income essentially worth less in the shop. For me it's a motivation killer.

That old van was fun, though. And I liked the mustang more than I thought I would.

If you don't have the time, don't do it. But really, really, please stop asking for lowering the requirements for some challenges. They are called "challenges" for a reason.

Oh, I have only 60 seconds to play in 6 months, but of course I want all the goodies.
Oh look, I can't drive for [Mod Edit - Abbreviated profanity, profanity and profanity that is disguised but still alludes to the words are not permitted - D], but I still want all the rivals bounty rewards and I really don't want to work towards it.

Then you watch the Microsoft adaptive controller commercial and those kids who could really complain say "I want to be challenged, isn't this the whole point of gaming?".

This is not against you in particular, but against the whiney attitude of some "gamers" these days.

Edited by user Friday, February 8, 2019 1:38:13 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#42 Posted : Friday, February 8, 2019 3:24:57 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post

For 800 points can I just ask if it is competitive online? To make it worthwhile me grinding to earn the points? (I'm not much into collecting cars that I don't intend to use.)

I have tune that on S1 class and i wouldnt take that in online, it can set some decent lap times on some tracks but there are just better cars to get in online.
#43 Posted : Friday, February 8, 2019 3:31:17 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: V12 SprungBoss Go to Quoted Post

I have tune that on S1 class and i wouldnt take that in online, it can set some decent lap times on some tracks but there are just better cars to get in online.

Thanks, that's what I thought. I'll save the FP for another week.
 1 user liked this post.
#44 Posted : Friday, February 8, 2019 3:37:35 AM(UTC)

From a performance perspective it's not worth the effort.

Even in its division there are better cars and against the high-end A and S cars it can't do anything.
#45 Posted : Friday, February 8, 2019 4:33:14 AM(UTC)
For the Showoff skills I used Tarn Hows Scramble Dirt track bottom left. It's easy, but I had to do the race twice. I got about 9 showoff skills in two attempts.
 1 user liked this post.
#46 Posted : Friday, February 8, 2019 5:19:02 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DunkelheitVZ Go to Quoted Post
They are called "challenges" for a reason.

Because it sounds better than "Busywork" in the same way Achievement sounds better than "Pointless Goal."

Quote:
"I want to be challenged, isn't this the whole point of gaming?".

The point of gaming is to relax and have fun. That will, of course, mean different things to different people.
Welcome to the Hyperbolic Whine Chamber. If you cry hard enough you might get your pouter level over 9000.
#47 Posted : Friday, February 8, 2019 7:04:16 AM(UTC)
I had a problem at first where the weekly challenge wasn't registering. I drove around in the Mitsubishi Eclipse for a solid 15 mins, even did a street race, because I thought that I'd be on to that one. But when I checked, the first challenge to own and drive the Mitsubishi Eclipse never completed. The dailys were working fine. I had to reboot the console to fix it. That's minor, and I fixed it. so NBD.

I was on race 4 of the 6 street races, when something came up IRL that I needed to deal with, and that's where I'm at right now.

That's my main problem with these weekly/time sensitive events. Quite often they're reasonable, and well within reach. You can bang them out in a single session. Other times, they're quite time consuming. Not difficult, but definitely a 'grind'. Have a busy week, or get called away to deal with something, and you might not make it. Nobody's forcing me to participate, but there's still this unfinished 'thing' out there that I haven't done that nags at me. I've got a whole week, and if I don't get it, I'll live. And I'll get over it pretty quickly. But FH3 and FM7 got me into the habit. Even though it's just points now that I can get elsewhere, and the exclusive prizes are now locked behind the championships, there's still this instinctual drive to finish it.

And in particular with the consecutive challenges that you can't combo. The last one is show-off skills, which can be tricky to get on purpose. But by the time you get to that one, you've put in the commitment of 6 street races, and 5 drag races, so you're driven to finish just for the return on your investment.

Anyway, that's my thoughts on it. Back to the grind.
 2 users liked this post.
#48 Posted : Friday, February 8, 2019 7:24:24 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PappellaMab Go to Quoted Post
Aaaand again...Fortune Island championships already completed...

Fortune Island is done. They had 12 new seasonal events. If you have done these, they will be always set as "complete".
 1 user liked this post.
#49 Posted : Friday, February 8, 2019 7:32:40 AM(UTC)

Tarn Howes Scramble + New Driver level Drivatars. Sit at the line and let them pass, pass them all, drifting when you can, then stop and wait for them to pass again. 5 Showoff skills should be easy in a short 3 lap race this way, more if you don't suck at drifting like me.

Edited by user Friday, February 8, 2019 7:33:52 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#50 Posted : Friday, February 8, 2019 7:48:11 AM(UTC)
Spring Community Championship Ambleside - Hot Wheels Ford Mustang

Tried several of the recommended cars without success.

The one which worked best for me was a standard 2011 Audi RS 3 Sportback tune/upgrade not needed. Class & PI B699.
4 Pages1234PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error