This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
4 Pages1234PrevNext
 1 user liked this post.
#51 Posted : Tuesday, February 5, 2019 11:01:00 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MakeMeLaugh27 Go to Quoted Post
Lol still no race regulations, another month with nothing.

Oh look another car...

Regulations are coming in March as confirmed by the developers during the livestream.
#52 Posted : Wednesday, February 6, 2019 7:08:30 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: jidenshaotoko Go to Quoted Post

Oh look another car...

Regulations are coming in March as confirmed by the developers during the livestream.

From what I read, it's just a hopper to test.
 3 users liked this post.
#53 Posted : Wednesday, February 6, 2019 8:49:47 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: jidenshaotoko Go to Quoted Post

Oh look another car...

From what I read, it's just a hopper to test.

Is that not progress???
I would rather them do this and use it as a demo to see if it works like they want before throwing it to the masses and hope it works.

Me personally, I would rather wait the year we waited and have it do everything I wanted rather than have it out in a month and have various bugs patched for the next year and a half.
Now days it's hard to find every bug pre launch but if you can eliminate 90% of them with a single hopper trial..,well I am for that! I will not say to much negative until I know exactly what we are getting and how it works. Some things are worth the time and yes some things are a waste of time too but for now we don't know which it is so for now let's wait to see the final product before we complain to much.....I do understand your anticipation though.....

#54 Posted : Wednesday, February 6, 2019 9:12:50 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Dan the Dartman Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: LoneRangerRides Go to Quoted Post
So I just installed the update (Xbox, Fanatec P1 wheel, V2.5 Base) and after hoping that the FFB system would be fixed I am overwhelmingly disappointed. Force Feed Back is strong going down a straight section of track but the wheel is still "twitching" left and right and as soon a you enter a turn the FFB goes to zero. There is no improvement. Looks like I'll be driving Forza 6 until the next update because this one is a loser for Fanatec wheel users.

What are your settings both in game and on the wheel?

I can set up my game and wheel to whatever you have and see what you are talking about. It will also give me an idea of how strong of a wheel you are looking for to compare with my set up. Perhaps I can find you a decent middle ground. Nothing personal but I there are several ways to get the feel you want and some combinations have side effects that get magnified if not balenced especially when you add in the additional settings that the Fanatec wheel offer.

Thanks. What platform are you on, what wheel are you using and what base?

Advanced Game Settings: Default except Wheel Rotation set at 750 like on wheel and FFB set to 30.

Wheel Settings:
Sen - 750
FF - 035
SHO - 100
Abs - OFF
dri - Off
brf - 030
FEI - 100

Ok now that you have your settings posted so you can go back to them if you want.

I have an Xbox One X
Fanatec V2 wheel base...universal rim.

Please change everything on your wheel and in game to what I give you and tell me what you feel after you try it out for a few races and a few different cars.
On your wheel...
Sen...720
FFB...15
Sho...off
Abs...off is ok ( mine is at 67 but this is all preference )
DrI...off
BrF...30 ( I recently went to 40 with this.)
FEI...not sure what this is as I have an older firmware update without this. ( Maybe someone can post a response ) or try Off and on and see if it's noticed.
I use Sim steering but you may prefer Normal here as with other assists applied.
I use No traction or stability or Abs....all off
Manual but without clutch mostly

Now in game...
Vibration...25
FFB scale..200.... ( I know this works on a Fanatec but in case someone with a different make wheel tries this may be pretty strong for the wheels motor so be cautious )
Aligning torque scale...66
Mechanical trail scale...155
Pneumatic trail scale...109
Road feel scale...6
Wheel damper...9
Center spring...0
Wheel rotation...720
Steering linearity...50

*** in theory our wheels should feel at least similar now.

Now if this feels strong for you lower the FFB 1 number at a time to 14 ( you should have this at 15 already from my settings above for the wheel ) and try driving then treat if needed lowering it to 13. Leave all the game settings the same and only change the wheel FFB.

Your Fanatec should have 5 presets so I set them all the same as memtioned up top except my FFB and that I set as follows...this is 100% optional though
Preset 5.....FFB...17
Preset 4.....FFB...16
Preset 3.....FFB...15. ( this is my most used ) wheel too heavy ...just 1 setting down ( to light 1 setting up to preset 4 and that I can change on the fly without even stopping the race.
Preset 2.....FFB...14
Preset 1......FFB...13

***every other setting on the wheel or in the game stay the same but this FFB setting change and this should adjust the feel for lighter and heavier cars.****

Try this and let me know....if you don't like it you can always go back to what you had listed above. If you do go back try lowering or even better turning off the SHO.

Dan, Thanks for your help and I'll tell you that your settings "improved" the overall feel of the wheel because it reduced the twitching but it's still not right. I'm going to call the FFB in Forza 6 what I would consider normal. On a straight road the wheel is steady as a rock and as you enter a turn the "resistance" to turning increases naturally, if you turn the wheel too much for the corner and you start to lose grip you can feel the tires scrubbing to gain traction and the entire feel is what I would expect from a real car.

Your settings reduced the odd behavior in Forza 7 but it's still nothing like the "normal" behavior in Forza 6. Just for your information the FEI setting is called "Force Effect Intensity" and is described as the parameter adjusts the intensity of force effects and can make effects more smooth: OFF is very smooth and low noise while 100 is very sharp and direct. So turning that to OFF by itself reduces the odd behavior of straight line twitching but not completely. If I increase that parameter above OFF the twitching returns and gets worse with the higher the number.

So what I'm feeling now with your settings is that straight line driving at high speed the FFB is quite heavy and if you try to move the car left and right there is an unnatural amount of resistance in the steering. So I'm talking about very slight movements left and right at high speed. As soon as I enter a turn the FFB reduces dramatically and it's really like the steering wheel has no connection to the tires and the road surface. Unlike over steering in Forza 6 there is absolutely no feeling that the tires are scrubbing and trying to regain traction.

So the bottom line is that while your settings have reduced the unnatural "twitching" on straights the FFB when turning (slight turning down a straight or going around a turn) is completely unnatural and lacking in any "road feel".

How about you telling me how your steering in Forza 7 feels in comparison to Forza 6 and to how it felt before the Dec 4th update when everything was working normally for me?

#55 Posted : Wednesday, February 6, 2019 3:42:10 PM(UTC)
I have not played FM6 in probably 2 years😳 I will try it again and see what I think. I don't remember it well enough to start comparing it accurately to pre FFB update forces though.
Easier to get an accurate feel if I can do one and the other back to back.
I think it's our style of driving that makes it feel different....I race a lot on Oval tracks and have the settings favoring that style ( less sharp turning so stronger FFB can be helpful but on a track that needs more agility it may not be helpful.

Just so you know since the update yesterday I have not been as fast on any of times. I am going to go back to a much lighter wheel and try it as it may feel much better now with the new bug fix. Dave Lacey from FACR has some great settings for the last FFB update so I am going to try that one againg and if needed tweet it slightly. I will let you know if any good.
his settings were great but I wanted a bit stronger feel for my OVAL racing.
#56 Posted : Wednesday, February 6, 2019 4:17:04 PM(UTC)
I have not played FM6 in probably 2 years😳 I will try it again and see what I think. I don't remember it well enough to start comparing it accurately to pre FFB update forces though.
Easier to get an accurate feel if I can do one and the other back to back.
I think it's our style of driving that makes it feel different....I race a lot on Oval tracks and have the settings favoring that style ( less sharp turning so stronger FFB can be helpful but on a track that needs more agility it may not be helpful.

Just so you know since the update yesterday I have not been as fast on any of times. I am going to go back to a much lighter wheel and try it as it may feel much better now with the new bug fix. Dave Lacey from FACR has some great settings for the last FFB update so I am going to try that one againg and if needed tweet it slightly. I will let you know if any good.
his settings were great but I wanted a bit stronger feel for my OVAL racing.

Thanks again. I wanted a race car 'simulator" when I build my system. With the past Xbox 360 system, I had a three screen setup with Fanatec equipment. Accurate FFB was what I was really paying for. This Forza 7 update (destruction for me) makes me feel like I'm driving my fathers 58 DeSoto where the power steering was so powerful you had absolutely no feel for the road. I drive the 2008 Dodge Vider in the game. So this update for my system (Xbox one, Fanatec P1 wheel with V2.5 base) has not only messed up cornering feel (reduced to zero) and straight line feel is weird. As least I have Forza

#57 Posted : Wednesday, February 6, 2019 5:06:48 PM(UTC)
After the update I get no more information about spinning wheels, body roll and weight transfer through FFB.
I restart the console. And no change. Don't know what you done with physics and or FFB, but to me it feels worser than ever.
Why you change things and the game have after it bugs. Did you not test it. Than leave the things like they be. I mean whe are the last people from former millions behind that game.
The new FFB was so much fun and now all it's gone.
#58 Posted : Thursday, February 7, 2019 7:31:10 AM(UTC)
This is a post that I made on the following thread in response to “Dan the Dartman” who has been trying to help me with my settings after the last update. I’m on Xbox One with a Fanatec P1 wheel and V2.5 base and driving the 2008 Dodge Viper in “S” Class.

#ForzaMonthly Feb. 4 /Content Update Feb. 5

Dan, Thanks for your help and I'll tell you that your settings "improved" the overall feel of the wheel because it reduced the twitching but it's still not right. I'm going to call the FFB in Forza 6 what I would consider normal. On a straight road the wheel is steady as a rock and as you enter a turn the "resistance" to turning increases naturally, if you turn the wheel too much for the corner and you start to lose grip you can feel the tires scrubbing and trying to regain traction and the entire feel is what I would expect from a real car.

Your settings reduced the odd behavior in Forza 7 but it's still nothing like the "normal" behavior in Forza 6.
So what I'm feeling now with your settings is that straight line driving at high speed the FFB is quite heavy and if you try to move the car left and right there is an unnatural amount of resistance in the steering. So I'm talking about very slight movements left and right at high speed. As soon as I enter a turn the FFB reduces dramatically and it's really like the steering wheel has no connection to the tires and the road surface. Unlike over steering in Forza 6 there is absolutely no feeling that the tires are scrubbing and trying to regain traction.

So the bottom line is that while your settings have reduced the unnatural "twitching" on straights the FFB when turning (slight turning down a straight or going around a turn) is completely unnatural and lacking in any "road feel".
#59 Posted : Thursday, February 7, 2019 8:44:25 AM(UTC)
What wheel are you using? @LoneRangerRides?
#60 Posted : Thursday, February 7, 2019 9:19:29 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: EpicEvan777 Go to Quoted Post
What wheel are you using? @LoneRangerRides?

As I said above: I’m on Xbox One with a Fanatec P1 wheel and V2.5 base and driving the 2008 Dodge Viper in “S” Class.

#61 Posted : Friday, February 8, 2019 1:44:57 AM(UTC)
Your settings reduced the odd behavior in Forza 7 but it's still nothing like the "normal" behavior in Forza 6.

Not sure Forza 6 is the right benchmark for FFB...

To each his own I guess.
#62 Posted : Friday, February 8, 2019 3:32:29 AM(UTC)
I can't explain how utterly terrible Forza 6's force Feedback was. It was a disgrace. Forza 7's is not perfect, but I'd rather walk on hot coals than use 6's again. Forza has never had good force Feedback until now. It's been a game designed for controllers & raced predominantly on controllers. Wheels were never a priority until they branched to PC, where they really needed to get their act together. & after the recent updates, have.

@LoneRangerRides What are your settings & what exactly is your problem with the new FFB?

Edited by user Friday, February 8, 2019 3:36:32 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#63 Posted : Friday, February 8, 2019 5:21:12 AM(UTC)
I can't explain how utterly terrible Forza 6's force Feedback was. It was a disgrace. Forza 7's is not perfect, but I'd rather walk on hot coals than use 6's again. Forza has never had good force Feedback until now. It's been a game designed for controllers & raced predominantly on controllers. Wheels were never a priority until they branched to PC, where they really needed to get their act together. & after the recent updates, have.

@LoneRangerRides What are your settings & what exactly is your problem with the new FFB?

I couldn't play Forza 6 on my wheel (G27 not supported on Xbox) but if 6 felt anything like Forza Apex's FFB (and I would be surprised if it didn't), then it would have been an unending source of frustration for me. As it is, the version of FFB that shipped with this game paled in comparison to what we're working with now. The very last thing I would want is for the FFB to feel like it did on Apex.
#64 Posted : Friday, February 8, 2019 9:03:41 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Colin Girth Go to Quoted Post

I couldn't play Forza 6 on my wheel (G27 not supported on Xbox) but if 6 felt anything like Forza Apex's FFB (and I would be surprised if it didn't), then it would have been an unending source of frustration for me. As it is, the version of FFB that shipped with this game paled in comparison to what we're working with now. The very last thing I would want is for the FFB to feel like it did on Apex.

I haven't played Apex on a wheel in a long time but to my knowledge, the FFB was better on Apex than FM6 because Apex had more settings for the FFB. If anyone can correct me on that though please do.
#65 Posted : Friday, February 8, 2019 11:08:37 AM(UTC)
This is a post that I made on the following thread in response to “Dan the Dartman” who has been trying to help me with my settings after the last update. I’m on Xbox One with a Fanatec P1 wheel and V2.5 base and driving the 2008 Dodge Viper in “S” Class.

Dan, Thanks for your help and I'll tell you that your settings "improved" the overall feel of the wheel because it reduced the twitching but it's still not right. I'm going to call the FFB in Forza 6 what I would consider normal. On a straight road the wheel is steady as a rock and as you enter a turn the "resistance" to turning increases naturally, if you turn the wheel too much for the corner and you start to lose grip you can feel the tires scrubbing and trying to regain traction and the entire feel is what I would expect from a real car.

I actually went back and played FM6 with the Viper tuned to 800 and put a few laps in at Road America. I think I understand what you are looking for but also don't know how to get that feel for you.
What you enjoy is one aspect of FFB and it is fun...but to me it feels like I am driving on a glass that's as level as a billards table. In real life the track will have many bumps bouncing the wheel around, plus your body will feel much heavier forces during a heavy turn at speed translating to a different feel on the steering wheel other than just the loss of grip but all at the same time. It is almost like a recipe, the FFB you identify with the most is the only ingredient to the FFB mix in FM6 as you have it set up. ( especially with the SHO at 100 ) in FM7 there are many more ingredients to the FFB in addition to the one you liked in FM6.
There is a balancing act to get it to feel good and having a Fanatec wheel gives you more options but there is also more options to balance making it more challenging up front...but once you get them where you want them they are pretty darn good.

I mean absolutely no disrespect when I say you are looking for a more basic FFB than what I am. Also I prefer Oval racing which, by itself, benefits from a little stiffer wheel set up than a road coarse.

**** you can friend me " Dan the Dartman " and go into rivals on FM7. You can choose any car division, and any Oval ( Daytona Oval day and night, Homestead Oval day and rain, and Indy Oval ) and I am in the top 20 worldwide in nearly all of them by beating my old FFB setting times and all since the new year 1-1-2019 so the wheel can feel good or at least what I am looking for. These are all done with someone else's tune that is posted until they unshare it as I am not a good tuner. This gives you the same tune in the same car same track following my ghost to compare the difference in the wheel. ( I already gave you my settings *****post #50 in this thread**** to so you should be able to feel it nearly exactly as I do on my wheel while driving these). Everyone has that perfect feel and that has become much more difficult to find but I do think it is there somewhere.

Today I went through every page of this thread and wrote down all the settings posted. I am going to see if I find a better set up than what I currently have for road course type tracks ( most of the tracks in the game 😃 ) to me those are so much harder than Ovals and a lot more places to make mistakes which I am pretty good at.😳😉 I already feel I am driving so far over my head and I am in the bottom 25% on my friends list in most tracks but Ovals.....no wheel of FFB is going to make up for my lack of talent...LOL
Anyway I will see if I can find a bit lighter feeling wheel today and then see how I like it on my Ovals....

I am not saying I don't believe you have issues but I know someone with a V2.5 and they are very pleased with what they found for it. That being said I don't think it's a Fanatec 2.5 bug....just have not found that sweet setting that you are looking for and that can be hard to find...but again worth it when you do though!

Edited by user Friday, February 8, 2019 12:35:10 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#66 Posted : Saturday, February 9, 2019 12:20:18 AM(UTC)
I don't understand why T10 isn't able to provide full and correct patchnotes. This time they messed around with setup values - everythig was fine, we hat 14 steps to increase tirepressure by 0,1 bar now we have 3 steps and a lot of telemetry isn't working anymore, some time ago the saussage curbs at monza have been changed an it was nowhere mentioned. We all noticed the increase of gripp a few month ago and reduction a month later (all setup work in this time for nuts) and a lot more.
Therefor the begings for a distance to the opponents in time instead of meters and the reduction of reflections on windscreens (they have a seperate render quality setting - so an easy task) are ignored consequently and no information if this ever comes or not . In german we say "they let us die silly"
Forza 7 is the most expencive game ( € 99.-) i ever bought and after almost one and a half year it's not even the main feature implemented (Trackracing). We have only a rough racing environment where anarchy rules. The racregulation comes as test in march for multyplayer (if its true) and i dont belive that we will see it in freeplay in this game.
But it's most the ignorance to fix the small things that players want that makes me think twice befor i will buy a forza 8

Edited by user Saturday, February 9, 2019 12:37:41 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#67 Posted : Saturday, February 9, 2019 6:48:43 AM(UTC)

I actually went back and played FM6 with the Viper tuned to 800 and put a few laps in at Road America. I think I understand what you are looking for but also don't know how to get that feel for you.
What you enjoy is one aspect of FFB and it is fun...but to me it feels like I am driving on a glass that's as level as a billards table. In real life the track will have many bumps bouncing the wheel around, plus your body will feel much heavier forces during a heavy turn at speed translating to a different feel on the steering wheel other than just the loss of grip but all at the same time. It is almost like a recipe, the FFB you identify with the most is the only ingredient to the FFB mix in FM6 as you have it set up. ( especially with the SHO at 100 ) in FM7 there are many more ingredients to the FFB in addition to the one you liked in FM6.
There is a balancing act to get it to feel good and having a Fanatec wheel gives you more options but there is also more options to balance making it more challenging up front...but once you get them where you want them they are pretty darn good.

I mean absolutely no disrespect when I say you are looking for a more basic FFB than what I am. Also I prefer Oval racing which, by itself, benefits from a little stiffer wheel set up than a road coarse.

**** you can friend me " Dan the Dartman " and go into rivals on FM7. You can choose any car division, and any Oval ( Daytona Oval day and night, Homestead Oval day and rain, and Indy Oval ) and I am in the top 20 worldwide in nearly all of them by beating my old FFB setting times and all since the new year 1-1-2019 so the wheel can feel good or at least what I am looking for. These are all done with someone else's tune that is posted until they unshare it as I am not a good tuner. This gives you the same tune in the same car same track following my ghost to compare the difference in the wheel. ( I already gave you my settings *****post #50 in this thread**** to so you should be able to feel it nearly exactly as I do on my wheel while driving these). Everyone has that perfect feel and that has become much more difficult to find but I do think it is there somewhere.

Today I went through every page of this thread and wrote down all the settings posted. I am going to see if I find a better set up than what I currently have for road course type tracks ( most of the tracks in the game 😃 ) to me those are so much harder than Ovals and a lot more places to make mistakes which I am pretty good at.😳😉 I already feel I am driving so far over my head and I am in the bottom 25% on my friends list in most tracks but Ovals.....no wheel of FFB is going to make up for my lack of talent...LOL
Anyway I will see if I can find a bit lighter feeling wheel today and then see how I like it on my Ovals....

I am not saying I don't believe you have issues but I know someone with a V2.5 and they are very pleased with what they found for it. That being said I don't think it's a Fanatec 2.5 bug....just have not found that sweet setting that you are looking for and that can be hard to find...but again worth it when you do though!

Thanks Dan, Question is that "someone you know with a V2.5" on an Xbox or PC? If PC I don't think that is a good comparison. I'll try your suggestion but still think there is something wrong with the update for my particular system. Check out the YouTube show Forza Monthly for Feb (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFEeKhrkkjU) They didn't have the most knowledgeable Turn Ten people on show because of bad weather but go to 34min50sec and hear what the Asian guy had to say about wheel user reported "on center oscillation" that is "hard to dial out" and that they "did find a bug in the update". I can only hope that this is the root of my problem and that it will eventually be fixed. Thanks again.

#68 Posted : Saturday, February 9, 2019 10:27:58 AM(UTC)
So yesterday I contacted Fanatec Support to see if they had any advice about the problem I've been having with the Dec and Feb updates to FFB. Here is what I sent to them:

Thank you very much for your message to our Fanatec Support-Team.

Your request details are:
Subject: "Suspected incompatibility of Base with Forza 7 Dec & Feb 2019 FFB Updates"
Description: "After the Dec 4, 2018 Forza 7 FFB update and then the Feb 5, 2019 FFB update my Fanatec system (P1 wheel, V2.5 Base, Xbox One) can not be adjusted to get anything like a normal force feedback operation. I've spent hours trying to adjust the in-game settings along with the wheel settings and nothing gets to normal operation. When going down a straight road I'm getting kickback from left to right and when entering a turn the FFB goes to essentially zero with absolutely no road feel. The only thing that reduces the side to side kickback is to use settings that eliminate FFB. That's no solution. I've been on the Forza 7 website discussing my problem and one other player with my exact setup is having the same issues. Another player with the older V2 system is not having the problem. Surely if this is an incompatibility between the new Forza 7 FFB system and the V2.5 base others are also complaining about it. So right now I'm convinced that the two are not compatible. Are you getting other feedback about this situation with the V2.5 base and Forza 7??? Please provide any information you can about this situation. And just for your information, when I drive with Forza 6 everything about the setup is normal so I don't think I have a defective base. "

The request was received on 08.02.2019 at 21:08:18. We will answer your request as fast as possible. When you get an answer from our staff please use the "reply" function of your Email application to keep the all information in the message. Thank you!

Best regards,
Your Fanatec Support Team

XXXXXXXXXXXX

And here is their response:

thanks for your inquiry.

We are getting requests like yours since the FFB update of FM7 last year. Not only from customers with the V2.5 but also the CSL Elite Wheel Bases.

Unfortunately there is not much we can do about it, because the changes are made by the game developers and not by us.

I only can suggest to try the latest beta driver and firmware. I'm not sure if it can help but it is worth a try:
Forum (must be logged in): https://www.fanatec.com/...categories/beta-drivers
Download: https://www.fanatec.com/...14f48b9f8fd1894fa19.zip

Make sure to update the wheel base firmware after you install the driver.

Any feedback is very much appreciated.

Best regards / Freundliche Grüße
Phillip Moering
(Fanatec Support Team)

#69 Posted : Saturday, February 9, 2019 11:15:52 AM(UTC)

Thanks Dan, Question is that "someone you know with a V2.5" on an Xbox or PC? If PC I don't think that is a good comparison. I'll try your suggestion but still think there is something wrong with the update for my particular system. Check out the YouTube show Forza Monthly for Feb (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFEeKhrkkjU) They didn't have the most knowledgeable Turn Ten people on show because of bad weather but go to 34min50sec and hear what the Asian guy had to say about wheel user reported "on center oscillation" that is "hard to dial out" and that they "did find a bug in the update". I can only hope that this is the root of my problem and that it will eventually be fixed. Thanks again.

I also watched the entire episode and they were talking about a delay that was 2 frames off from where it was supposed to be and this fix was in the update last Tuesday. That is why there is so much activity in this thread again as of late......any FFB adjustments that were there from this bug are no longer needed and actually hinder the proper forces. The FFB forces have to be re-adjusted for the improved FFB. I am still working on finding my new settings as well. The settings I posted were what I liked for my Oval races but I never really realized how much info I was missing from having the FFB set to high. I guess if you have nothing to compare hard to see how good it can get. I am trying a lot of different things based off all of the settings posted to this point and once I have a much lighter set up I will post my results for anyone interested.

Lone Ranger,
If your wheel is still acting up the patch they were talking about did fix your wheel as that patch is already out, and I am not sure if he is on Xbox or PC.....good point to bring up though as I had not thought of that making a difference for the same wheel but very valid point!
#70 Posted : Saturday, February 9, 2019 1:15:40 PM(UTC)
When I go to upgrade a car's bumpers and rotate the camera, the camera goes to the ceiling. Anyone else experience this? I submitted a ticket.
#71 Posted : Saturday, February 9, 2019 10:07:52 PM(UTC)
LoneRangerRides,
I had forgot about something Blue028 mentioned...Fanatec has had clipping issues with Forza and thier wheels that use strong FFB ( suggest starting out with 35 but I was not sure if that's on the wheel setting or in game settings so I put both at 35 and started playing for 2 days! I think I came up for some settings for you and your friend. If this does not work I really don't think I can help you and you may be right with the bug thing but please try this one last setting and post your results ( I spent many hours trying to get something to work for you....here it is,

On the wheel
On any one of your 5 presets on the wheel turn everything off or at 0....then set the Sen to 720 and the FFB to 36 (Abs at 67 and BrF at 50 but these only affect braking though and won't affect the wheel ) everything else on the wheel at off or 0 if no off selection.

In game settings
Vib......62
FFB.....35
ATS.....100
MTS....165
PTS.....104
RFS.....60
WD......6
CSS.....2
WRA...720
SL.........50

This will be my new benchmark as it feels way better than anything I have tried up to this point.

***because this set up uses a combination of the Fanatec wheel settings and in game settings for FFB and the fact that Fanatec has some built in Damper applied to their FFB wheel settings this may not work for all makes of wheels though.....please if you try this with a non Fanatec wheel p,ease post any findings.....Thanks.

I really hope this either works or gives someone a good base to start with. That being said this is a way better on my wheel than I ever thought possible so I am done adjusting and this will probably be my last setting I post.

#72 Posted : Tuesday, February 12, 2019 4:36:11 AM(UTC)
LoneRangerRides,
I had forgot about something Blue028 mentioned...Fanatec has had clipping issues with Forza and thier wheels that use strong FFB ( suggest starting out with 35 but I was not sure if that's on the wheel setting or in game settings so I put both at 35 and started playing for 2 days! I think I came up for some settings for you and your friend. If this does not work I really don't think I can help you and you may be right with the bug thing but please try this one last setting and post your results ( I spent many hours trying to get something to work for you....here it is,

On the wheel
On any one of your 5 presets on the wheel turn everything off or at 0....then set the Sen to 720 and the FFB to 36 (Abs at 67 and BrF at 50 but these only affect braking though and won't affect the wheel ) everything else on the wheel at off or 0 if no off selection.

In game settings
Vib......62
FFB.....35
ATS.....100
MTS....165
PTS.....104
RFS.....60
WD......6
CSS.....2
WRA...720
SL.........50

This will be my new benchmark as it feels way better than anything I have tried up to this point.

***because this set up uses a combination of the Fanatec wheel settings and in game settings for FFB and the fact that Fanatec has some built in Damper applied to their FFB wheel settings this may not work for all makes of wheels though.....please if you try this with a non Fanatec wheel p,ease post any findings.....Thanks.

I really hope this either works or gives someone a good base to start with. That being said this is a way better on my wheel than I ever thought possible so I am done adjusting and this will probably be my last setting I post.

Thanks again Dan for this update to your settings. As you know I use the Fanatec P1 wheel on the V2.5 base with XboxOne. I think these settings are about as good as I have found for my system but they still don't cut it. People say that Forza 6's FFB was poor. For arguments sake lets give that FFB a score of 10 out of 10. For my setup with these settings, I'd score the Forza 7 FFB a 2, just a notch better than no FFB at all. That's because the feel of the wheel trying to kick left and right on straights and absolutely no feel for the road in turns has me back to Forza 6 until Turn Ten get's this worked out for Fanatec equipment.
#73 Posted : Tuesday, February 12, 2019 10:19:53 AM(UTC)
Great, another car in the lineup of hundreds, while cheaters continue with a free pass on tracks tightened up to make it harder on clean racers.
#74 Posted : Tuesday, February 12, 2019 12:26:20 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FlavoryJeans6 Go to Quoted Post
Great, another car in the lineup of hundreds, while cheaters continue with a free pass on tracks tightened up to make it harder on clean racers.

This is a FFB update thread...what does this have to do with that????? **** never mind as it is I who is in the wrong thread.....Sorry.

Edited by user Tuesday, February 12, 2019 12:27:53 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#75 Posted : Tuesday, February 12, 2019 1:55:45 PM(UTC)
That's not FFB thread as I written in it. It was the Feb content update thread. So I wonder why you discussed the FFB in that detail, when there is a FFB thread in the forum.
But no worry. The most important thing is that people help each other. 😊
4 Pages1234PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error