This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
4 Pages1234PrevNext
#26 Posted : Tuesday, February 5, 2019 6:05:17 AM(UTC)
Well from the stream it seems new tracks are a pretty safe bet. Not a guarantee, but from the funny/suggestive comment he made about the whiteboard it seems likely that new tracks are on the way at some point. Hopefully all this work going into FM7 (which is awesome) will translate into the foundation of FM8. With the feedback from the community and the new direction of development, I’m pretty optimistic for the future.
 2 users liked this post.
#27 Posted : Tuesday, February 5, 2019 6:44:08 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Schumacher 9I Go to Quoted Post

the "Beta" hopper is great idea, hopefully it cycled production.

Did anybody else notice how the Field of View follows direction of wheels whilst they were drifting the Mx5.

That feature could be useful in circuit racing too, e.g looking through apex to exit.

Somewhere else on the internet there will be a hairy beast from a galaxy far away shouting "THEY COPIED OUR HELMET CAM!!!!111111oneone".

Originally Posted by: AtomiqueMclaren Go to Quoted Post
Well from the stream it seems new tracks are a pretty safe bet. Not a guarantee, but from the funny/suggestive comment he made about the whiteboard it seems likely that new tracks are on the way at some point. Hopefully all this work going into FM7 (which is awesome) will translate into the foundation of FM8. With the feedback from the community and the new direction of development, I’m pretty optimistic for the future.

I think for the game to survive it's gonna need some new tracks. The current list is pretty good but new tracks add a sense of novelty you can't get from new cars anymore.

Problem is picking what to add. There's some glaring omissions in the list such as Donington, but Donington only has two main layouts and that's too little for paid content. Another one is Interlagos, since Brazil is a big market and Gran Turismo earned a foothold here due to featuring the track (I'm personally not a HUGE fan of Interlagos but it's an important track in an important market).

Since Forza is the IMSA game, I'd like to see the IMSA tracks like Mid-Ohio, Belle Isle, etc. so we can run a full season of IMSA. America retains some of the charm of the old tracks which is an obvious selling point for new content.

In the European side, Algarve is a track I don't like but it's varied enough to feature in a paid expansion. I remember multiple layouts from various games. Perhaps update some of the existing tracks with new layouts, like the Nürburgring, which is missing its short and Müllenbach variants.

It's also disappointing to have a favorable deal with Porsche and presumably Ferrari yet it's Project CARS that gets Weissach and Fiorano. :(

Edited by user Tuesday, February 5, 2019 6:47:34 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
 1 user liked this post.
#28 Posted : Tuesday, February 5, 2019 6:59:30 AM(UTC)
Yeah if T10 really wants to go ham and finally fully utilize their IMSA partnership they would/could ship the remaining weathertech tracks that being mid Ohio, belle isle and mosport all in one nice sized track pack with a 7 imsa car dlc alongside that. I'll gladly pay say 29.99 for that and I'm sure many others would too. It would be the proper icing on the cake for this game. With all the silly pointless cars we have received over the past year it would be crucial if T10 pulls something like that off and i would thank them 100 times over.
 2 users liked this post.
#29 Posted : Tuesday, February 5, 2019 8:10:23 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: EpicEvan777 Go to Quoted Post
Excellent update. Can't wait for the new Force Feedback update for us wheel users. I'm not a massive Ferrari fan but can't complain with two free cars. I'll look forward to testing those out, especially the 599. Loading times getting cut is always a positive. They've really improved the UI & loading since the release of the game. There's still improvements to be made but it's far superior to its launch state. The painting & forzavista improvements are excellent. They'll help photography & painting a hell of a lot. I am praying we get the updates Forza Horizon 4 got in the paint editor aspect though, like painting panels & individual parts of the wheels.

I know a lot of people are seeking more tracks to be added, but I think it's a bad idea. What we really need is the content to be refined not added to. We already have hundreds of ribbons & a lot of tracks. What I think we really need is rain & night (if the tracks can be raced at night irl) conditions for almost every track at this point. I hope they add that instead of adding more tracks because it will spice up & improve what we have already got. Honestly I think every track needs a full dynamic weather system like in Forza Horizon 4, but I'd settle for more weather variants for each track.

One of the things that PCars2 does better is dynamic time. For example, you can set up a race for 1:12 at 20x time and go through a whole day/night cycle at Daytona, Spa, Le Mans, etc. So rather than just "night configuration"I would love true dynamic time.

I suspect that this will be a headline feature of FM8.
#30 Posted : Tuesday, February 5, 2019 8:20:16 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: leetorts Go to Quoted Post
Every time a night or rain track shows up, half the lobby leaves. People really don't want to do that stuff. Just lobby drainers. I don't mind myself but that is just what happens. I don't think it is worth adding that to more tracks. If tracks are behind a DLC paywall and not in rotations it is pointless to add them. Fine if you like time attack but if they implement it like the did in Forza 6, don't bother.

Though I agree that doesn't mean they'll be useless for private lobbies & free play which are both huge areas of the game.
#31 Posted : Tuesday, February 5, 2019 10:40:57 AM(UTC)
Does anyone know how to get the 599xx Evo? I though in the stream they said it would be gifted to players in the update but no luck so far.
#32 Posted : Tuesday, February 5, 2019 10:46:47 AM(UTC)
It's mentioned in the first two posts by Manteomax that the Ferrari 599XX Evoluzione is free for everyone. Apparently not (in Car Collection it shows up as locked). so does anyone know how to get it? I can't find anything in Rivals and no other information either.
#33 Posted : Tuesday, February 5, 2019 11:00:51 AM(UTC)
What time is the update going live.....I live on the east coast.( USA)
Been racing since Forza 1...2005... NOT 2007 like it say's above.
#34 Posted : Tuesday, February 5, 2019 11:03:16 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: JoeDiesle Go to Quoted Post
What time is the update going live.....I live on the east coast.( USA)

It's already live. Open the game and it should force the update. Just worked for me. Didn't show up at first when checking for updates.
 1 user liked this post.
#35 Posted : Tuesday, February 5, 2019 11:33:06 AM(UTC)
I would pay 30 bucks too for a IMSA Expansion with 3 tracks and 7 to 10 cars😊
Ferrari 599 xx evoluzione is not in the garage or by the car dealer. The one of the two cars I like is not in the game.
I didn't like that GTC Ferrari in Horizon and here I hate that car. That's on of the last cars I want from FH here in FM7. But only my opinion. Everyone who loves it have fun👍
 1 user liked this post.
#36 Posted : Tuesday, February 5, 2019 12:11:40 PM(UTC)
Car comes as a gift

Noticed a bug
Preview Screen for Top Speed, 0-97 etc. didn't work since the update
Ferrari 599 xx Evo, road Atlanta
It shows 0-97_0,003, 0-160_0,005, 0,4 km_0,010 sec
Maybe that's the only car???

After a race car hangs for a millisecond on start finish line. Looks not good

That update need some optimization

Edited by user Tuesday, February 5, 2019 12:31:22 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#37 Posted : Tuesday, February 5, 2019 12:17:41 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Psychomantyx Go to Quoted Post
Car comes as a gift

Noticed a bug
Preview Screen for Top Speed, 0-97 etc. didn't work since the update
Ferrari 599 xx Evo, road Atlanta
It shows 0-97_0,003, 0-160_0,005, 0,4 km_0,010 sec
Maybe that's the only car???

I tried upgrading other cars, they all have the same glitch with 0-60 times and 0-100 times. I hope T10 can hot fix this issue
#38 Posted : Tuesday, February 5, 2019 12:23:55 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ChickenWorm4902 Go to Quoted Post
Does anyone know how to get the 599xx Evo? I though in the stream they said it would be gifted to players in the update but no luck so far.

I took it as they were having a picture of a livery to show off the new photo shop and painting improvements and the livery with the most votes all players get with that car so maybe a day or so after the vote. I may be wrong though as I was only half listening to that part... I was waiting to hear about the FFB updates.

#39 Posted : Tuesday, February 5, 2019 12:24:41 PM(UTC)
not sure if anybody else has noticed but there is a bug now after the update, under tuning, the accel times all start with 0.0 seconds.
the first 3 stats when in the tuning menu, 0-60 mph, 0-100 mph, 1/4 mile, all start with 0.0 secs now after this update.
and its for all cars, not any single one.
and yes i did try restarting the game to see if that would fix it and it did not.
#40 Posted : Tuesday, February 5, 2019 12:33:19 PM(UTC)
FFB is just as poor as it was before. Spent an hour and half trying to dial it in, only to once again realize that you cannot get it right. Either it:

A) tells you about the tyre grip but that tyre force overwhelms the wheel when correcting slides or

[Mod Edit - Profanity & user removed - D]

There's no middle ground to be found and even if you do it's only for that car. Also there's still an overall laggy feel to the forces. Just give any car a bit more of a left right and the FFB will take over and murder it by itself.

I don't know why they're bothering with it. If it's for the Forza RC guys, they'll just disable FFB, that's what most iRacing top pros do anyway.

Edited by user Tuesday, February 5, 2019 2:56:39 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#41 Posted : Tuesday, February 5, 2019 12:36:17 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Engineer VII Go to Quoted Post
not sure if anybody else has noticed but there is a bug now after the update, under tuning, the accel times all start with 0.0 seconds.
the first 3 stats when in the tuning menu, 0-60 mph, 0-100 mph, 1/4 mile, all start with 0.0 secs now after this update.
and its for all cars, not any single one.
and yes i did try restarting the game to see if that would fix it and it did not.

My Race Shop has thrown a wobbly, the restock timer is now 59 minutes and 59 seconds after which the Race Shop doesn't refresh anyhow, seems to be a bit of a buggy update...

1 user liked this post.
#42 Posted : Tuesday, February 5, 2019 1:15:14 PM(UTC)
So I just installed the update (Xbox, Fanatec P1 wheel, V2.5 Base) and after hoping that the FFB system would be fixed I am overwhelmingly disappointed. Force Feed Back is strong going down a straight section of track but the wheel is still "twitching" left and right and as soon a you enter a turn the FFB goes to zero. There is no improvement. Looks like I'll be driving Forza 6 until the next update because this one is a loser for Fanatec wheel users.
#43 Posted : Tuesday, February 5, 2019 2:24:36 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: LoneRangerRides Go to Quoted Post
So I just installed the update (Xbox, Fanatec P1 wheel, V2.5 Base) and after hoping that the FFB system would be fixed I am overwhelmingly disappointed. Force Feed Back is strong going down a straight section of track but the wheel is still "twitching" left and right and as soon a you enter a turn the FFB goes to zero. There is no improvement. Looks like I'll be driving Forza 6 until the next update because this one is a loser for Fanatec wheel users.

What are your settings both in game and on the wheel?

I can set up my game and wheel to whatever you have and see what you are talking about. It will also give me an idea of how strong of a wheel you are looking for to compare with my set up. Perhaps I can find you a decent middle ground. Nothing personal but I there are several ways to get the feel you want and some combinations have side effects that get magnified if not balenced especially when you add in the additional settings that the Fanatec wheel offer.
 1 user liked this post.
#44 Posted : Tuesday, February 5, 2019 2:43:29 PM(UTC)
Lol still no race regulations, another month with nothing.

Oh look another car...
#45 Posted : Tuesday, February 5, 2019 4:06:02 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Dan the Dartman Go to Quoted Post

I can set up my game and wheel to whatever you have and see what you are talking about. It will also give me an idea of how strong of a wheel you are looking for to compare with my set up. Perhaps I can find you a decent middle ground. Nothing personal but I there are several ways to get the feel you want and some combinations have side effects that get magnified if not balenced especially when you add in the additional settings that the Fanatec wheel offer.

Thanks. What platform are you on, what wheel are you using and what base?

Advanced Game Settings: Default except Wheel Rotation set at 750 like on wheel and FFB set to 30.

Wheel Settings:
Sen - 750
FF - 035
SHO - 100
Abs - OFF
dri - Off
brf - 030
FEI - 100

#46 Posted : Tuesday, February 5, 2019 4:19:54 PM(UTC)
What happened to the benchmark for the tuning menu It seems to be very Glitched out is this something turn 10 did intentionally
#47 Posted : Tuesday, February 5, 2019 6:47:59 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: leetorts Go to Quoted Post
Every time a night or rain track shows up, half the lobby leaves. People really don't want to do that stuff. Just lobby drainers. I don't mind myself but that is just what happens. I don't think it is worth adding that to more tracks. If tracks are behind a DLC paywall and not in rotations it is pointless to add them. Fine if you like time attack but if they implement it like the did in Forza 6, don't bother.

Your entitled to your opinion, but i would disagree on both those points. There is much more to Forza than online lobbies, and i find the people that leave due to rain, etc aren't front runners anyway. I can't comment on open lobbies as i stick to leagues (pinnacle) for the 'generally" cleaner racing, but some of my best races there have been in the wet.

The NASCAR expansion with Miami Speedway i rate as the best, and i didn't even like NASCAR. But it was a legit MOTORSPORT expansion and kind of thing we should be encouraging. I would buy another in a heartbeat provided its based on a Real World Motorsport. IMSA, World Time attack, V8 supercars, BTCC, DTM, WRC, NHRA Drag racing, Indy car... whatever.

I remember 50 lap Daytona race (offline with wheel), trying to stay with lead pack, came down to pit stops and i ran out of fuel crossing the line, was most immersive racing experience i've had in a Forza game.

Edited by user Wednesday, February 6, 2019 1:54:30 PM(UTC)  | Reason: grammar

1 user liked this post.
#48 Posted : Tuesday, February 5, 2019 7:26:10 PM(UTC)
Was anyone else gifted a Flying Lizard R8 along with the 599 Evo? Just checked and noticed both in the gift column. No idea why the R8 was gifted.
#49 Posted : Tuesday, February 5, 2019 8:07:20 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Psychomantyx Go to Quoted Post

After a race car hangs for a millisecond on start finish line. Looks not good

That update need some optimization

It was the only issue I had with this update, but I have an assumption that they placed some of the adjucation hidden in this update: it does not happen offline and if you go back to see the stream about the race regulations, it does freeze for a fraction of a second too when finishing a race and then it starts to place penalties.
My idea is to slightly modify the race result screen (right past finish line) to just place lap time, delta and such bacause it can be confusing to see.

About tracks, I already suggested a long time ago that they place an issue of restricting player base: lobbies solely focused on DLC die quickly, regardless if the game sold well or not. My idea is to make these new tracks available for free on online rotations, but paid if the user wants to play in private lobbies/single player/offline modes. Lobbies will not die quickly, they can try if its worth it and if someone wants to further practice this track, they buy this DLC. The person who bought the DLC always will find someone to play against.

Edited by user Tuesday, February 5, 2019 8:12:43 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#50 Posted : Tuesday, February 5, 2019 9:03:02 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Dan the Dartman Go to Quoted Post

Thanks. What platform are you on, what wheel are you using and what base?

Advanced Game Settings: Default except Wheel Rotation set at 750 like on wheel and FFB set to 30.

Wheel Settings:
Sen - 750
FF - 035
SHO - 100
Abs - OFF
dri - Off
brf - 030
FEI - 100

Ok now that you have your settings posted so you can go back to them if you want.

I have an Xbox One X
Fanatec V2 wheel base...universal rim.

Please change everything on your wheel and in game to what I give you and tell me what you feel after you try it out for a few races and a few different cars.
On your wheel...
Sen...720
FFB...15
Sho...off
Abs...off is ok ( mine is at 67 but this is all preference )
DrI...off
BrF...30 ( I recently went to 40 with this.)
FEI...not sure what this is as I have an older firmware update without this. ( Maybe someone can post a response ) or try Off and on and see if it's noticed.
I use Sim steering but you may prefer Normal here as with other assists applied.
I use No traction or stability or Abs....all off
Manual but without clutch mostly

Now in game...
Vibration...25
FFB scale..200.... ( I know this works on a Fanatec but in case someone with a different make wheel tries this may be pretty strong for the wheels motor so be cautious )
Aligning torque scale...66
Mechanical trail scale...155
Pneumatic trail scale...109
Road feel scale...6
Wheel damper...9
Center spring...0
Wheel rotation...720
Steering linearity...50

*** in theory our wheels should feel at least similar now.

Now if this feels strong for you lower the FFB 1 number at a time to 14 ( you should have this at 15 already from my settings above for the wheel ) and try driving then treat if needed lowering it to 13. Leave all the game settings the same and only change the wheel FFB.

Your Fanatec should have 5 presets so I set them all the same as memtioned up top except my FFB and that I set as follows...this is 100% optional though
Preset 5.....FFB...17
Preset 4.....FFB...16
Preset 3.....FFB...15. ( this is my most used ) wheel too heavy ...just 1 setting down ( to light 1 setting up to preset 4 and that I can change on the fly without even stopping the race.
Preset 2.....FFB...14
Preset 1......FFB...13

***every other setting on the wheel or in the game stay the same but this FFB setting change and this should adjust the feel for lighter and heavier cars.****

Try this and let me know....if you don't like it you can always go back to what you had listed above. If you do go back try lowering or even better turning off the SHO.

Edited by user Tuesday, February 5, 2019 9:06:58 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

4 Pages1234PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error