This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
4 Pages123>>Next
#1 Posted : Monday, February 4, 2019 8:33:25 AM(UTC)

https://twitter.com/Forz...tus/1092419101224566784

www.mixer.com/Forza
www.twitch.tv/Forza
www.youtube.com/Turn10Studios

Quote:
Forza Monthly | February
We’re getting geared up for the next episode of Forza Monthly, airing on Monday, February 4 at 11 a.m. Pacific. On the show we’ll be joined by a special guest from Playground Games, who will be showcasing some of the new cool stuff coming in Forza Horizon 4’s next major update. We’ll be diving deep into the February update for Forza Motorsport 7, which includes force feedback updates, multiplayer loading improvements, and some new stuff that we can’t wait for you all to see. We’ll also be showing of the winner’s of our Barrett-Jackson Car Pack photo contest and more. Join us for the show live at 11 a.m. Pacific on Mixer, Twitch, and YouTube!

www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/wir_2_1_19

FM7 February 2019 Update
Brian Ekberg
Monday, February 4, 2019
www.forzamotorsport.net/.../fm7_february2019_update

Quote:
A gorgeous Ferrari, new paint space options, improved load times, and more. The February Update for Forza Motorsport 7 is coming on February 5 and bringing with it some great improvements to the game. Let’s dive in to the biggest changes coming to the game, starting with this month’s Spotlight Car, which is free to all Forza 7 players.

February Spotlight Car - 2017 Ferrari GTC4 Lusso
  • Free for everyone and featured in the February Spotlight Rivals event.
  • [Note: the Ferrari 599XX Evoluzione will also be a free car for everyone.]

Updated Paint Space
  • "First and foremost, the paint space itself now features four user-selectable lighting scenarios – Ambient Light, Ambient Dark, Sunny, and Sunset. This gives the players the ability to view their liveries in a variety of lighting environments, perfect for highlighting those problem areas in a design. In addition, we’ve brought the functionality of Forzavista into the paint space; now players can open doors and hoods, get inside the car, and quickly spin around their car to see how a design is flowing."
  • "We’ve also added Photo Mode to the Paint Space; which can be accessed within the Forzavista option in the Paint Space. This update also adds a Free Camera system in the main garage (accessible via Forzavista), which allows unobstructed movement around the garage home space while in Photo Mode."

Force Feedback Update
  • "This month, we’ve introduced a Force Feedback (FFB) update for wheel users. This update addresses issues that were causing latency between the physics frame and the FFB frame, which manifested as oscillation. With this update, wheel users will feel less oscillation and hitching in wheel FFB."

Other changes
  • "In addition to these features and changes, we have made some back-end improvements that will improve load times into multiplayer races. These improvements will save players anywhere from 10-30 seconds during a load into a 24-car race. For the full list of improvements and fixes coming with the February update, check out our full Release Notes on the Forza Support site https://support.forzamot...Forza-Motorsport-7"

Size: 945 MB (Xbox One X)

FM7 Release Notes: February 5, 2019
https://support.forzamotorsport.net/hc/en-us/articles/360016915814-FM7-Release-Notes-February-5-2019

Quote:
The February 2019 Update for Forza Motorsport 7 introduces numerous improvements to the Forza 7 paint space, including Forzavista mode and four new lighting options. This update also includes free roam camera while in Photo Mode in the Forzavista Garage (accessible from the main menu), as well as multiplayer loading improvements and force feedback improvements for wheel users. For a rundown of these features, check out the announcement on FM.net. In addition to those feature improvements, the February 2019 Update also includes additional improvements and fixes across the game, outlined below in detail.

GENERAL
Fixed an issue where warnings could not be shown if player disabled opponent labels.
Fixed an issue where certain telemetry HUD elements were misaligned in 16:9 aspect ratio.
Signs that have been knocked down into the roadway now have a more consistent effect when hit by vehicles.
When playing in Free Play on Teams, players’ team colors will no longer change in the Event Results screen as other drivers finish.
Fixed an issue where PC players could not rewind a clip while using a keyboard and mouse.
Fixed an issue where a player who joins a public Meetup hopper after the race begins receives poor visual feedback after pressing “Join Race.”
Inconsistent text color of the “Free” breadcrumb between Marketplace menu and View Cars menu.
Added badge for the Merkur brand.
Added Tamo logo in several menus where it was previously missing.
Centered Race Time and Current Lap time text in its UI box.
Fixed an issue where, in drag, a vehicle would sustain damage to rear when assists were changed at the starting line immediately after acceleration.
Fixed an issue where the “Low Bandwidth Warning” message overlaps HUD elements in a race.
Fixed an issue on PC version where player gamertags and numbers were oversized during the 3-2-1 countdown during standing starts.
Fixed an issue where 3-2-1 countdown was not correctly aligned to the screen.
Fixed an issue where Rivals ghosts were appearing in Photo mode.
Tuning increments are now consistent between localizations.
Fixed an issue where driving over some rumble strips caused 100 percent damage.
Updated the Car Collection Exclusive Content messaging to reflect unlocked exclusive cars.
Drift HUD now shows best/last lap drift scores.
Fixed an issue where HDR Calibration scale appears enlarged and cuts off part of the Title.
Fixed an issue where changing Collision Mode to “Always Off” makes a player’s car clip through every collideable (tirewalls, cones, etc.)
Removed opponent labels during the Event Results screen of the post-race sequence.
Fixed an issue where opponent labels showed incorrect information on random cars behind the player.
Fixed an issue where opponent labels were incorrectly displayed after the player exited the on-track Photo mode.
Fixed an issue with opponent labels where the distance label was not reflecting an accurate distance when close to the opponent cars.
Fixed an issue with opponent labels where the group number was still visible even after label was collapsed.
Removed reference to prize crates in the More Info screen of Race Shop.
Fixed an issue where players would become invisible if they selected “Back to Pits” from the Pause menu and then quickly rejoined a Meetups race.
Fixed an issue in Meetups where players did not ghost during the first 20 seconds upon entering an event.

AUDIO
Fixed an issue where music was not audible after viewing the Multiplayer initial experience video.

TRACKS
Fixed a bug that would cause lighting to “pop” on certain wet ribbon tracks during the track establishing shot.
Adjusted suggested racing line at Dubai near right-hand wall before hotel.
Fixed an issue where cars could fall out of the environment after rolling and landing on the roof or side in the gravel on certain tracks, including Silverstone.
Fixed an issue on Hockenheim where dark “shadow” spots were still appearing on ground event after loose tires were moved.
Fixed an issue where hitching occurred on Prague Short when driving in Free Play.
Fixed an issue where cars would jump and/or hitch when scrolling between cars in Buy Car or My Garage menus.

CARS
Fixed an issue with the 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06, where turning off the camera motion effects created a large hole in the dashboard when driving in wheel-less cockpit view.
Adjusted driver camera with the 1970 Plymouth Hemi Cuda Convertible Barrett-Jackson Edition to better show gauges.
Adjusted the performance graph in the Upgrade Shop menu for the 1963 Shelby Monaco King Cobra.

SPECTATE
Fixed an issue where the Spectate camera goes out of the environment on certain sections of Suzuka West Circuit Alt.
In Spectate, players markers will now be removed from the mini map once a player has disconnected during a race.

Edited by user Tuesday, February 5, 2019 11:38:27 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2 Posted : Monday, February 4, 2019 9:19:19 AM(UTC)
Well that's yet another car from FH4 that's not in fm7 that appears to be on a track from FM7....possible free car pack from horizon into motorsport?
#3 Posted : Monday, February 4, 2019 10:27:03 AM(UTC)
Wow! Is that the Ferrari 599XX Evolution? Pretty sweet car and that will be right at home in this game.
 1 user liked this post.
#4 Posted : Monday, February 4, 2019 11:45:29 AM(UTC)

February Update arrives February 5.

Replay: www.twitch.tv/videos/375158272
- Ferrari GTC4Lusso is the February Spotlight Car with associated Rivals event
- Also free in Feb.: the 599XX Evoluzione
- Paint space lighting update provides options for Ambient (Light), Ambient (Dark), Sunny, Sunset. The sky is randomized whenever the option is reset.
- Paint space now includes further distance for Photo mode and, and Forzavista mode
- Normal Photo Mode in the garage space now allows the camera to move to any area of the garage
- Multiplayer field loading speed increased
- More FFB updates coming in March will allow per-garage-car settings (to solve response based on varying mass of vehicles)
- Mazda MX-5 RF coming in March?
- Forza Race Regulations may appear in March hoppers (still in progress)

Edited by user Monday, February 4, 2019 10:53:28 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#5 Posted : Monday, February 4, 2019 12:04:05 PM(UTC)
Did they say anything about tweeking the AI? Any new cars other than the Ferrari station wagon & the 599?

Edited by user Monday, February 4, 2019 12:05:00 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

4 users liked this post.
#6 Posted : Monday, February 4, 2019 12:16:24 PM(UTC)
A few cool things I guess but overall another disappointment this month. When will they acknowledge and fix freeplay issues, car sounds, lighting on tracks, add better content... looking ahead it looks like they plan to add even more drift **** . How about 2015-newer IMSA prototypes, classic racers or f1 cars, more newer GT cars, new style IndyCars and the biggest thing of all A NEW TRACK! I appreciate the other things they are tackling but they seem to keep missing the major things that have continuously been brought up month after month.

Edited by user Monday, February 4, 2019 12:16:58 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#7 Posted : Monday, February 4, 2019 12:23:52 PM(UTC)
YES! Ferrari GTC4Lusso & 599XX Evo INCOMING!!! Get on the hypetrain! :D
 3 users liked this post.
#8 Posted : Monday, February 4, 2019 12:25:46 PM(UTC)
Another month with no attempt to make simple, massive QoL improvements:

- The spectate ticker not working for anything but single-bucket racing.
- Lack of gaps in tire barriers to allow slow-speed pass through and safe rejoins (instead of forcing cars to rejoin at the apex at a bad angle)
- Mapping of proper pit lane exits at ovals (Daytona's road course "pit exit" is an abomination)

Edited by user Monday, February 4, 2019 12:26:32 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users liked this post.
#9 Posted : Monday, February 4, 2019 12:48:38 PM(UTC)
+ free Ferrari 599XX Evoluzione(?)
+ Chris Esaki (I like him somehow)

+- free Ferrari GTC4 Lusso (I hate the FF, but it's free, sooo...)
+- Barret Jackson video parts (so many Ford GTs! Rest was uninteresting, too much PR-blabla)
+- Lighting and garage/photo mode-thing...yeah, good for the guys who wanted it, I don't really care
+- FFB update: same as above, controller player here, so don't care about that
+- Race Regulation System: I don't care. Even if it works as inteded, I will not mutate to a PvP-player.
+- More Drift-Things...Meh.

- no mention of fixing annoying bugs
- no mention of drivatar improvements
- no new car pass
- no new (even paid) track

Was a bit better than january, but I have the feeling, the guys focusing on the wrong parts of the game for me.
Is it too boring to fix some bugs on cars and tracks?
And I still wait to complete the career, because I hoped for some drivatar improvements soon.

Well, DiRT Rally 2.0 is out at the end of february, so I will leave Forza for a while.
I just really, really hope they announce a big addon on E3 for FM7 with 1 or 2 new tracks and a career-expansion.
 6 users liked this post.
#10 Posted : Monday, February 4, 2019 1:05:13 PM(UTC)
Around the 31:50 mark of the live-stream, Esaki shows off the new free roam camera in the garage. He goes over to the dry-erase board on the wall & says “hopefully there aren’t any unannounced tracks on the board...knock on wood.” This leads me to believe they will have a new track at some point. I wouldn’t think he would say something like that unless a new track was in the works.
#11 Posted : Monday, February 4, 2019 1:10:38 PM(UTC)
Great to see the GTC4Lusso coming. I am confused on when they said that everyone is going to get a free 599XX are they talking about the normal 599XX or the evo becuase they didn't really say just a free 599XX.

Edited by user Monday, February 4, 2019 1:14:49 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Forza 3 Unicrons 2/3
Forza 4 Unicorns 17/17
Forza Horizon Unicorns 7/7

Forza 3, 4, and Horizon LE VIP and Forza horizon 2 day one owner
#12 Posted : Monday, February 4, 2019 3:24:07 PM(UTC)
Calm down guys, we are not getting the 599XX evo. Horizon is. We are just getting the Lusso.

Another disappointment from Turn 10 this month.
#13 Posted : Monday, February 4, 2019 3:24:23 PM(UTC)
We already have a 599xx so whats new about the free one
 1 user liked this post.
#14 Posted : Monday, February 4, 2019 3:25:39 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Aerox Cervy Go to Quoted Post
Calm down guys, we are not getting the 599XX evo. Horizon is. We are just getting the Lusso.

They never said horizon is, they said fm7 is
#15 Posted : Monday, February 4, 2019 3:54:41 PM(UTC)

We get both. They announced it in the stream. Although the 599XX seemed like an afterthought.
#16 Posted : Monday, February 4, 2019 4:12:06 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: AtomiqueMclaren Go to Quoted Post
Wow! Is that the Ferrari 599XX Evolution? Pretty sweet car and that will be right at home in this game.

599XX Evo ... Now that's the sort of content Motorsport needs.

Thanks Turn 10, loving the "Elite Factory Racer" line up.

Was there any news on race regulations?
 4 users liked this post.
#17 Posted : Monday, February 4, 2019 4:20:43 PM(UTC)
Great update for wheel users. They get unique setups per car, that's huge and something the likes of Project CARS already had long ago.

Ferraris are not my favorite but the 599XX Evo is more interesting than the standard one and a better match for the other track day specials.

Stop spreading misinformation. Horizon gets no Ferrari this time. They will get the new TVR Griffith though.
R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
 1 user liked this post.
#18 Posted : Monday, February 4, 2019 10:09:00 PM(UTC)

the "Beta" hopper is great idea, hopefully it cycled production.

Did anybody else notice how the Field of View follows direction of wheels whilst they were drifting the Mx5.

That feature could be useful in circuit racing too, e.g looking through apex to exit.
#19 Posted : Monday, February 4, 2019 11:28:44 PM(UTC)
Did anyone get what that short drifting footage on the Mazda was all about?
#20 Posted : Tuesday, February 5, 2019 12:46:20 AM(UTC)
Great news on Febraury and March updates.

Great job T10 on continue supporting this game. I hope they will keep introducing new features, improvements and fixing things.
 3 users liked this post.
#21 Posted : Tuesday, February 5, 2019 1:04:44 AM(UTC)
more cars and more cars.... We have enough cars. It would be time to make new tracks. Or a DLC with tracks.
To improve the ffb issues is good. We will see how it works, but the steering ratio is always wrong for wheel users. The wheelmovement are not naturally. In Forza I have to turn the wheel just a little compared to other sims like ac, pcars 2, r3e, and that feels not naturally.
#22 Posted : Tuesday, February 5, 2019 5:10:34 AM(UTC)
Excellent update. Can't wait for the new Force Feedback update for us wheel users. I'm not a massive Ferrari fan but can't complain with two free cars. I'll look forward to testing those out, especially the 599. Loading times getting cut is always a positive. They've really improved the UI & loading since the release of the game. There's still improvements to be made but it's far superior to its launch state. The painting & forzavista improvements are excellent. They'll help photography & painting a hell of a lot. I am praying we get the updates Forza Horizon 4 got in the paint editor aspect though, like painting panels & individual parts of the wheels.

I know a lot of people are seeking more tracks to be added, but I think it's a bad idea. What we really need is the content to be refined not added to. We already have hundreds of ribbons & a lot of tracks. What I think we really need is rain & night (if the tracks can be raced at night irl) conditions for almost every track at this point. I hope they add that instead of adding more tracks because it will spice up & improve what we have already got. Honestly I think every track needs a full dynamic weather system like in Forza Horizon 4, but I'd settle for more weather variants for each track.
 1 user liked this post.
#23 Posted : Tuesday, February 5, 2019 5:30:38 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Schumacher 9I Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: AtomiqueMclaren Go to Quoted Post

599XX Evo ... Now that's the sort of content Motorsport needs.

Thanks Turn 10, loving the "Elite Factory Racer" line up.

Was there any news on race regulations?

The 599xx Evo will more than likely be in the hypercars division as its a track based version of high performance Ferrari. The elite factory racers are usually the 90s era GT1 style cars. Race regulations should drop next month.

Originally Posted by: EpicEvan777 Go to Quoted Post
Excellent update. Can't wait for the new Force Feedback update for us wheel users. I'm not a massive Ferrari fan but can't complain with two free cars. I'll look forward to testing those out, especially the 599. Loading times getting cut is always a positive. They've really improved the UI & loading since the release of the game. There's still improvements to be made but it's far superior to its launch state. The painting & forzavista improvements are excellent. They'll help photography & painting a hell of a lot. I am praying we get the updates Forza Horizon 4 got in the paint editor aspect though, like painting panels & individual parts of the wheels.

I know a lot of people are seeking more tracks to be added, but I think it's a bad idea. What we really need is the content to be refined not added to. We already have hundreds of ribbons & a lot of tracks. What I think we really need is rain & night (if the tracks can be raced at night irl) conditions for almost every track at this point. I hope they add that instead of adding more tracks because it will spice up & improve what we have already got. Honestly I think every track needs a full dynamic weather system like in Forza Horizon 4, but I'd settle for more weather variants for each track.

I do like the idea of adding weather and night time to other tracks in game as a bare minimum if they really dont plan to add other tracks thru dlc. Along with that they should give us the ability to change the time of day like morning, mid day, afternoon, evening or night. So I'll take either or, a new track(s) or different time of day/ weather for many or all tracks in game.
 3 users liked this post.
#24 Posted : Tuesday, February 5, 2019 5:49:47 AM(UTC)
Every time a night or rain track shows up, half the lobby leaves. People really don't want to do that stuff. Just lobby drainers. I don't mind myself but that is just what happens. I don't think it is worth adding that to more tracks. If tracks are behind a DLC paywall and not in rotations it is pointless to add them. Fine if you like time attack but if they implement it like the did in Forza 6, don't bother.

Edited by user Tuesday, February 5, 2019 5:51:52 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users liked this post.
#25 Posted : Tuesday, February 5, 2019 5:55:14 AM(UTC)
Night tracks would be fine...……..if the headlights would work.......which they dont most of the time!!!
Been racing since Forza 1...2005... NOT 2007 like it say's above.
4 Pages123>>Next

Notification

Icon
Error