20 Pages<<678910>>PrevNext
 3 users liked this post.
#176 Posted : Saturday, February 23, 2019 8:52:33 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: gamer1000k Go to Quoted Post
Just noticed another potential transparency issue with moderation. There's a recent thread titled "Forza taking a nosedive" (link) that was abruptly closed by Dragnet with the comment "Thank you for the feedback. If you need official support, please create a ticket on the support site."

To be fair to the moderator, the discussion wasn't really going anywhere (it had turned into a discussion of the poor formatting of the OP), but this type of canned response is exactly the kind of thing I was referring to in my earlier posts that has been feeding a lot of the resentment in the community. Since it doesn't clarify why the thread was closed, it does come across as an attempt to shut down negative discussion since all threads I've seen with this canned response are players complaining about one thing or another on the game.

Reminds me of when I got hit with a ban for about a month by lampooning Forza 7 and the Devs. Pretty much everyone in that thread was hit with a ban and it was a pretty big thread. Biggest one on the forum for a solid 2 weeks or so until being locked. Its kinda funny especially when Esaki came out in October or whenever and proved one of my suspicions. A lot of the criticisms I had in my posts (and many others) for the game are still evident to this day in both Forza 7 and Horizon 4.
Back on topic though, I think at this point I think their initiative to be more transparent is like putting a band-aid on a severed limb. Most of the people that still lurk and post here have a serious distaste for this series that I don't think will ever heal. Any good will that the devs may try to do this extra transparency will be met with serious caution and probably a mix of sarcasm and general distrust. I don't blame them.

This entire thread talking about Transparency proved what I said about Forza 7 in the earlier thread I was mentioning and subsequently 'banned' for.

They most likely didn't care until it became a serious issue.

1 user liked this post.
#177 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2019 1:21:51 AM(UTC)
Could we do something about the people quitting early in the CO OP Championships, or at least don't let their score count when they do. Was in a group that was 1 and 1, and they all quit. I was winning against all the drivatars, but still didn't have enough points to win, as it was still counting points against those who quit.

I brought this up here as I have seen the complaint many times in the forums and didn't want to add to them or start a new thread.

GAME ON!

"Integrity, is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching." -Anonymous and/or Paraphrase -Charles Marshall.
 1 user liked this post.
User is suspended until 10/22/2293 12:42:28 PM(UTC)
#178 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2019 1:29:13 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Vaporisor Go to Quoted Post
Stuff like that doesnt even need a stream. We have a FAQ thread so could add a whiteboard.

Not too sure what you mean by 'Add a whiteboard'

But in terms of stream summaries/FAQs, we do have this thread

To be fair to the moderator, the discussion wasn't really going anywhere (it had turned into a discussion of the poor formatting of the OP), but this type of canned response is exactly the kind of thing I was referring to in my earlier posts that has been feeding a lot of the resentment in the community. Since it doesn't clarify why the thread was closed, it does come across as an attempt to shut down negative discussion since all threads I've seen with this canned response are players complaining about one thing or another on the game.

I'll have a think about this and address the moderators soon about how we could improve the locking of threads,

Originally Posted by: AM Big Red Go to Quoted Post
Could we do something about the people quitting early in the CO OP Championships, or at least don't let their score count when they do. <snip>

Anything relating to in-game - please submit a ticket

Edited by user Monday, February 25, 2019 1:29:51 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#179 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2019 5:11:50 AM(UTC)
Per the Code of Conduct for Forzamotorsport.net Community Forums:

Originally Posted by: LV T10 Go to Quoted Post

III. Moderation Policy
Moderation of Forzamotorsport.net is not by committee. All decisions with regards to thread closure and movement, permanent and temporary bans, and membership issues are made by Turn 10 and its forum admins are final. That being said, constructive criticisms and suggestions are welcome, provided they are directed to Turn 10 Administration via private e-mail, here: forzafb@microsoft.com

[RK Edit - The email above is now invalid so please direct the above to the support page or submit a ticket]

Per the Forza Motorsport Forums Terms of Use:

Originally Posted by: LV T10 Go to Quoted Post

If you have a question or concern about a forum moderation decision, please private message the applicable moderator. Do not repost content a moderator has removed, repost a topic that has been locked, remove a post edited by a moderator or post about forum moderation decisions.

Moderation policy is not an appropriate topic for public discussion on these forums.

Edited by user Monday, February 25, 2019 5:41:33 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

✔ Verified Moderator

3 users liked this post.
#180 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2019 6:07:19 AM(UTC)
Instead of editing a moderator's post, you could have posted a reply. As a staff member, you could also ask one of Turn 10's staff to edit the Code of Conduct to reflect the new means of contacting the developer. That is a staff posted document and we moderators would not be so disrespectful as to edit or otherwise modify such a staff posting without first consulting with them directly and privately.

✔ Verified Moderator

2 users liked this post.
#181 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2019 6:31:44 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Hieronymus1967 Go to Quoted Post
Instead of editing a moderator's post, you could have posted a reply. As a staff member, you could also ask one of Turn 10's staff to edit the Code of Conduct to reflect the new means of contacting the developer. That is a staff posted document and we moderators would not be so disrespectful as to edit or otherwise modify such a staff posting without first consulting with them directly and privately.

Indeed.

1 user liked this post.
#182 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2019 6:43:50 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RetroKrystal Go to Quoted Post
Stuff like that doesnt even need a stream. We have a FAQ thread so could add a whiteboard.

Not too sure what you mean by 'Add a whiteboard'

A whiteboard, might be a north american term. Refers to dry erase marker boards, we call them whiteboard where I live, due to calling chalkboards "blackboards" back when they were slate.

A whiteboard referring to a place where can write down all tasks, objectives, etc. In the case of pc issues, it just is a place where all bugs can be listed, and sorted by priority plus what stage of solution it is at. So tracked, investigating, found, ready to patch, solved, etc.

This would be a more viable solution than the time spent to repeatedly discuss status of bugs on a stream or other types of faq updates. Keeps all the info in the same location, but can see progress by updating vs hunting or missing new news.

Edited by user Monday, February 25, 2019 6:47:45 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#183 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2019 6:49:51 AM(UTC)
A whiteboard, might be a north american term. Refers to dry erase marker boards, we call them whiteboard where I live, due to calling chalkboards "blackboards" back when they were slate.

A whiteboard referring to a place where can write down all tasks, objectives, etc. In the case of pc issues, it just is a place where all bugs can be listed, and sorted by priority plus what stage of solution it is at. So tracked, investigating, found, ready to patch, solved, etc.

This would be a more viable solution than the time spent to repeatedly discuss status of bugs on a stream.

Apologies as I was wondering how you would use a whiteboard in this situation. But the "referring to a place where can write down all tasks, objectives, etc." is the point I want to take here, as it's an interesting idea.

I have got an idea of something very similar (in more of a digital aspect). I'll look into this as potential future ideas alongside the posts.
#184 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2019 6:52:56 AM(UTC)
Ha ha, sorry about that. Yeah. We dont use actual whiteboards any more, but many workplaces around here still tend to save their software versions and call them whiteboards :-)
#185 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2019 8:41:30 AM(UTC)
Small bit of feedback, not sure if I posted this already.

I like how the blog is being used for more than just the Week in Review now; all of the key information in one easy place with plenty of pictures:

https://www.forzamotorsp...s/news/fh4_series_6_fall

More of this please :)
 1 user liked this post.
#186 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2019 8:45:28 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PJTierney Go to Quoted Post
Small bit of feedback, not sure if I posted this already.

I like how the blog is being used for more than just the Week in Review now; all of the key information in one easy place with plenty of pictures:

https://www.forzamotorsp...s/news/fh4_series_6_fall

More of this please :)

This will be now a weekly occurrence. We're also hoping to ensure this goes out the same time or just before the season change over.
 1 user liked this post.
#187 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2019 2:54:39 PM(UTC)
Apologies for bringing up moderation in a public forum thread (didn't realize it was against the forum rules), although I will say that this rule by itself is potentially a huge transparency issue (and the further fact that it's also apparently against the forum rules to even discuss the forum rules publicly).

However, I do agree with what xX6skymonkey6Xx said. This transparency discussion seems to be highlighting some much deeper issues than simple lack of transparency between the devs/moderators and the player base. I'm very glad they finally got RetroKrystal onboard to even start topics like this, and hope that things will slowly get better over time.
 6 users liked this post.
#188 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2019 4:23:27 PM(UTC)
Apologies for bringing up moderation in a public forum thread (didn't realize it was against the forum rules), although I will say that this rule by itself is potentially a huge transparency issue (and the further fact that it's also apparently against the forum rules to even discuss the forum rules publicly).

Not a problem, it's the one everyone misses. The thought behind it is that there is nothing to be gained by allowing it as it will only encourage those with axes to grind to try and have a go at us or attempt to again litigate their case publicly. I've been a moderator here for many years now and in those years, I've locked a lot of threads, edited a lot of posts, moved/merged far too many of both to count and sadly, placed on moderation/suspension and banned more than I ever like to think about. I stand by every single one of those decisions and in my many years, not a single one has been questioned, much less overturned by Turn 10. Allowing discussion of moderation policy would reopen all those old issues that had already been adjudicated and lead to places none of us wants to visit.

We're volunteers and we're human (Dragnet not included), we do the best we can but we're theoretically not above making a mistake. Could we be better in certain circumstances about explaining the reason we've taken an action against a post/poster/thread? Yes, likely so, though I know I do make the effort when I don't think it's patently obvious why action has been taken, as the rest of the moderator team do as well.

Edit: If one of us moderators takes action against you or your post/thread and it's not clear why, please feel free to contact us privately with any questions.

All that said, I believe the thread is about transparency between the developer and the players, and we moderators try to stay clear of that as our job is simply to keep the forums moving along at a decent pace and with a certain standard of behavior.

So long as everyone remains civil and stays on topic, you'll never even notice that we're here.

But Dragnet will be watching.

Edited by user Monday, February 25, 2019 4:49:53 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

✔ Verified Moderator

#189 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2019 4:42:37 PM(UTC)
Some things :
- Add back B, C and D class races back to multiplayer, at least unranked?
- Add the new Dodge hellephant concept?
- Every so often some unranked multiplayer where we choose from car types instead of class
- Make wall riding less effective
- Make AWD less OP (worth more points)

#190 Posted : Tuesday, February 26, 2019 6:05:34 AM(UTC)
Totally agree with Hieronymus1967 above post ^

Originally Posted by: PTCAlex Go to Quoted Post
Some things :
- Add back B, C and D class races back to multiplayer, at least unranked?
- Add the new Dodge hellephant concept?
- Every so often some unranked multiplayer where we choose from car types instead of class
- Make wall riding less effective
- Make AWD less OP (worth more points)

Anything relating to the game - submit a ticket. This thread is about transparency & communication between developers and the players.

Edited by user Tuesday, February 26, 2019 6:06:21 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#191 Posted : Tuesday, February 26, 2019 6:22:58 AM(UTC)
Well, if it is specifically about between devs and players, new ideas should be just asked and optioned.

The playground attempt this series is a great example. It was a good idea, and worked perhaps in an office or sterile condition like when discussed on screen, but it didnt have the crowdsourcing to point out flaws.

Flaws like 5 rounds is too much, what sort of prizes, etc. Just had to start a discussion for easier to adjust mechanical variables.

"We are working at making the games a seasonal event. What sort of prizes would you like to see? Single or multiple events? What issues can you see happening? What would you like to see?

The playground games, a bit longer duration for an event, but only one event and where you award stuff like avatar gear. Put the top tier prizes in the co op trials. Match rewards to the event and the type of players most likely to enjoy them.

But it needs to really be vetted to get this stuff. It isnt a spoiler to give info or ask on new upcoming events and mechanics. It is vital.
#192 Posted : Tuesday, February 26, 2019 6:47:42 AM(UTC)
Well, if it is specifically about between devs and players, new ideas should be just asked and optioned.

The playground attempt this series is a great example. It was a good idea, and worked perhaps in an office or sterile condition like when discussed on screen, but it didnt have the crowdsourcing to point out flaws.

Flaws like 5 rounds is too much, what sort of prizes, etc. Just had to start a discussion for easier to adjust mechanical variables.

"We are working at making the games a seasonal event. What sort of prizes would you like to see? Single or multiple events? What issues can you see happening? What would you like to see?

The playground games, a bit longer duration for an event, but only one event and where you award stuff like avatar gear. Put the top tier prizes in the co op trials. Match rewards to the event and the type of players most likely to enjoy them.

But it needs to really be vetted to get this stuff. It isnt a spoiler to give info or ask on new upcoming events and mechanics. It is vital.

New gameplay ideas can be submitted under the "Suggestions & Feedback" drop down here.

If you would to have an idea of what I'm referring to or about with Transparency & suggestions, check the first post here. Your whiteboard idea was a good example of this.

Edited by user Wednesday, February 27, 2019 1:21:12 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users liked this post.
User is suspended until 12/29/2046 3:18:28 AM(UTC)
#193 Posted : Tuesday, February 26, 2019 9:51:12 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RetroKrystal Go to Quoted Post
Following from a few directed posts to me within this forum, I thought I'd open up a discussion about transparency as I would like to hopefully better the transparency & communication between everyone.

For any bugs/issue, please see our support page.

Please Note: Any posts which are not helpful or relating to the game directly, e.g "Fix the game" or "Why is xxx like xxx" will be edited and pointed to the support page or the appropriate discussion within this forum. This thread is about ideas for communication between developers & the players.

Thanks,
RetroKrystal

Support page, support page, and support page, no matter the issue raised in the forums, we are told to go to the support page, so i did, about a month ago, i started using it, rapporting bugs, cheaters, ect ect, i record it, edit the video, upload it to youtube, and to not name/shame anyone, keep the videos unlisted, ie you need the link to see it.
in one case, i even spent HOURS, litteraly HOURS, recording, and testing assorted cars/setups vs a specific bug, that the supported had asked for further info on.
out of 21 videos i recorded, edited, uploaded, and made a ticket on, guess how many has been viewed... go on guess?
WRONG!
The answer is... 8, rest has been ignored, and my ticket closed with either no reply, or 'Thank you for your feedback'.
Or the best one, i LOVE this one, ticket remains open for 5-7 days, then gets closed with:

I just wanted to give you an update and let you know that this is a known issue and we are currently investigating. I am marking this ticket as closed and we will post an update to the support pages and forums once this matter is resolved.

Thank you for letting us know!

Soo youre telling me its a know issue, cool, but why is it not listed on the known issues list? And why does it take almost a week, to reply a standard reply?

My latest ticket, with video, and a clear explanation, is on day 3½, with no reply at all, atm. i have 12 open tickets, the oldest being a month old. so you wanna fix communication, how about at least answering, when we do as we are told.

Edited by user Tuesday, February 26, 2019 9:52:10 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

DISCLAIMER: i have Asperger's Syndrome, if you are offended by anything i write, I am sorry, Thank you :-)
#194 Posted : Wednesday, February 27, 2019 1:24:23 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: waznewz Go to Quoted Post
Support page, support page, and support page, no matter the issue raised in the forums, we are told to go to the support page, so i did, about a month ago, i started using it, rapporting bugs, cheaters, ect ect, i record it, edit the video, upload it to youtube, and to not name/shame anyone, keep the videos unlisted, ie you need the link to see it.
in one case, i even spent HOURS, litteraly HOURS, recording, and testing assorted cars/setups vs a specific bug, that the supported had asked for further info on.
out of 21 videos i recorded, edited, uploaded, and made a ticket on, guess how many has been viewed... go on guess?
WRONG!
The answer is... 8, rest has been ignored, and my ticket closed with either no reply, or 'Thank you for your feedback'.
Or the best one, i LOVE this one, ticket remains open for 5-7 days, then gets closed with:

I just wanted to give you an update and let you know that this is a known issue and we are currently investigating. I am marking this ticket as closed and we will post an update to the support pages and forums once this matter is resolved.

Thank you for letting us know!

Soo youre telling me its a know issue, cool, but why is it not listed on the known issues list? And why does it take almost a week, to reply a standard reply?

My latest ticket, with video, and a clear explanation, is on day 3½, with no reply at all, atm. i have 12 open tickets, the oldest being a month old. so you wanna fix communication, how about at least answering, when we do as we are told.

You're best forwarding feedback like this to @NitroGlitter as unfortunately I can't edit the Known Issues or control the support page. I have just been told to direct everyone who needs help to the support page as it's a more appropriate place & also helps us to track or ask information which may not need to be public on a forum. (I do answer and respond to all the "suggestion & feedback" tickets though.) However, if I can, I'll bring up this in future discussions regarding the support page.

In terms of the response time, I know the support team are working on reducing this.

Edited by user Wednesday, February 27, 2019 1:25:27 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

4 users liked this post.
#195 Posted : Wednesday, February 27, 2019 3:18:27 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Hieronymus1967 Go to Quoted Post

Not a problem, it's the one everyone misses. The thought behind it is that there is nothing to be gained by allowing it as it will only encourage those with axes to grind to try and have a go at us or attempt to again litigate their case publicly. I've been a moderator here for many years now and in those years, I've locked a lot of threads, edited a lot of posts, moved/merged far too many of both to count and sadly, placed on moderation/suspension and banned more than I ever like to think about. I stand by every single one of those decisions and in my many years, not a single one has been questioned, much less overturned by Turn 10. Allowing discussion of moderation policy would reopen all those old issues that had already been adjudicated and lead to places none of us wants to visit.

We're volunteers and we're human (Dragnet not included), we do the best we can but we're theoretically not above making a mistake. Could we be better in certain circumstances about explaining the reason we've taken an action against a post/poster/thread? Yes, likely so, though I know I do make the effort when I don't think it's patently obvious why action has been taken, as the rest of the moderator team do as well.

Edit: If one of us moderators takes action against you or your post/thread and it's not clear why, please feel free to contact us privately with any questions.

All that said, I believe the thread is about transparency between the developer and the players, and we moderators try to stay clear of that as our job is simply to keep the forums moving along at a decent pace and with a certain standard of behavior.

So long as everyone remains civil and stays on topic, you'll never even notice that we're here.

But Dragnet will be watching.

Hieronymus, I understand what you're getting at and the thought behind it. I spend a lot of time on a lot of official forums of other games that are moderated and manned by mods and community personnel like this one is. And I must say that the number of threads that I see being shut down here with no explanations, particularly threads where gamers are voicing complaints or issues, is significantly more here than on other developers' sites. If you spend a lot of time here on the Forza forums ... which I have over the years .... there's just a tone and a kind of unspoken understanding among the gamer community here that there's a very heavy-handed form of censorship and any negative comments, even when valid, will not be allowed and will disappear rather quickly. So much so that whenever a new thread pops up with anything negative to say about any aspect of the games, the community who's been around here for a while is usually first to come in and say "well, this thread will be locked in 3 .... 2 .... 1 ...". As noted, I don't see this type of moderation to the extent it happens here on other game forums.

Like I said, I understand the reasoning behind it .... but doing so without explanation can still lead to more frustration and confusion within the community as to why things are done and just leaves a bitter taste in the mouths of the gamers and the overall feeling that anyone 'official' just doesn't want to hear anything that the community has to say unless it's a nice pat on the back for a job well done.

Edit: Just noticed that there's another thread on the first page of this section right now that was shut down by RK yesterday with the comment of "We want to encourage constructive discussion and not negative discussion". To me and I would assume many others, that just has the tone of "if you have anything negative to say, even if it's a valid issue or complaint, we don't want to hear about it".

Edited by user Wednesday, February 27, 2019 3:26:00 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#196 Posted : Wednesday, February 27, 2019 3:35:35 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PTG Wildcat Go to Quoted Post
Edit: Just noticed that there's another thread on the first page of this section right now that was shut down by RK yesterday with the comment of "We want to encourage constructive discussion and not negative discussion". To me and I would assume many others, that just has the tone of "if you have anything negative to say, even if it's a valid issue or complaint, we don't want to hear about it".

I've had a user DM me regarding how I locked this thread. I've only realized afterwards when the user made the point to me, that the locking was still vague as I didn't pin point the exact phrase(s) or reasoning regarding the negative tone.

The way threads are locked is something that I'm going to try and improve, so if I do lock something, and you feel its not an appropriate explanation. Feel free to DM me about this. I want to make sure I'm doing so on a level which is acceptable and understanding for the community.

3 users liked this post.
#197 Posted : Wednesday, February 27, 2019 4:40:22 AM(UTC)
Here's some feedback in regards to locking threads, in particular in Community Support section.

It seems to be a common practice on this forum to lock threads "because no further discussion is necessary" or "because the issue has been fixed".

From my humble point of view it's not really the best practice and locking threads should be limited to minimal necessary, rather than "let's close everything, unless it's absolutely necessary to keep it open".

A common example is when someone has a problem, posts in community support, gets help and is happy. Thread is now closed, so it slowly sinks through the pages until one can only find it by searching specifically.

So nobody who might have similar problem can post "mate, my problem is exactly the same but I tried resetting my game and it didn't help, what am I doing wrong". Nobody can post "hey, I had the same issue but I solved it differently, here's how". Nobody will write "I had a support ticket about it, and here's the solution I got".

The thread will never become a 200 posts one for which a good samaritan eventually writes "Ultimate guide to your game crashing issues" with list of all known ways to resolve it (which might eventually migrate to support page).

Basically, while something good has been achieved in locked thread, it will never lead to creation of something better and will forever be a number of bits and bytes somewhere in database that nobody needs ever again.
PTG Quadro40k

My Youtube Channel
 4 users liked this post.
#198 Posted : Wednesday, February 27, 2019 4:47:58 AM(UTC)
Oh, btw, same goes for ANSWERED mark on the thread.

While pointing to support page to create a ticket is absolutely correct and right course of action, it's doesn't immediately answer the issue raised.

When another person or original posted sees the thread "ANSWERED", he goes in expecting to see a solution there (or a confirmation that it's a known issue pending solution in future, or that a problem cannot be solved or suggestion cannot be implemented - some kind of definitive answer) and when he sees "Please open the ticket" instead, it creates frustration and emotional response, even if the person actually has not problem raising the ticket. It's just that moment of expectation "it's solved" that ends with disappointment rather than relief.

This only becomes worse if the thread a locked as well.
PTG Quadro40k

My Youtube Channel
 1 user liked this post.
#199 Posted : Wednesday, February 27, 2019 5:35:27 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PTG Wildcat Go to Quoted Post
..snip..

Hieronymus, I understand what you're getting at and the thought behind it. I spend a lot of time on a lot of official forums of other games that are moderated and manned by mods and community personnel like this one is. And I must say that the number of threads that I see being shut down here with no explanations, particularly threads where gamers are voicing complaints or issues, is significantly more here than on other developers' sites. If you spend a lot of time here on the Forza forums ... which I have over the years .... there's just a tone and a kind of unspoken understanding among the gamer community here that there's a very heavy-handed form of censorship and any negative comments, even when valid, will not be allowed and will disappear rather quickly. So much so that whenever a new thread pops up with anything negative to say about any aspect of the games, the community who's been around here for a while is usually first to come in and say "well, this thread will be locked in 3 .... 2 .... 1 ...". As noted, I don't see this type of moderation to the extent it happens here on other game forums.

Like I said, I understand the reasoning behind it .... but doing so without explanation can still lead to more frustration and confusion within the community as to why things are done and just leaves a bitter taste in the mouths of the gamers and the overall feeling that anyone 'official' just doesn't want to hear anything that the community has to say unless it's a nice pat on the back for a job well done.

I have been here since 2012. I am a member of many other forums as well. I also have worked in the IT field in various capacities for over 30 years including net admin. I have been in charge of webpages and forums, too, so like you, I have quite a wide range of experiences to draw upon and compare to.

My observation is that the heavy handed censorship on these forums has become significantly worse starting with the Horizon 4 subforum, and this censorship is not by our moderators who have a long tenure here.

I think that the moderators who have been here a long time have done an extremely good job in allowing discussions to go forward and only stepping in when absolutely necessary. I have not seen any change recently in how those moderators are handling things here. It has been my observation that most often when those guys lock a thread they state why it has been locked (unless it is so obvious why that an explanation is not necessary). In fact, they often will step in with words of warning before a thread is shut down. I very much appreciate the hard work those long time mods are doing. It is a thankless job

2 users liked this post.
#200 Posted : Wednesday, February 27, 2019 5:37:53 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Quadro40k Go to Quoted Post
Oh, btw, same goes for ANSWERED mark on the thread.

While pointing to support page to create a ticket is absolutely correct and right course of action, it's doesn't immediately answer the issue raised.

When another person or original posted sees the thread "ANSWERED", he goes in expecting to see a solution there (or a confirmation that it's a known issue pending solution in future, or that a problem cannot be solved or suggestion cannot be implemented - some kind of definitive answer) and when he sees "Please open the ticket" instead, it creates frustration and emotional response, even if the person actually has not problem raising the ticket. It's just that moment of expectation "it's solved" that ends with disappointment rather than relief.

This only becomes worse if the thread a locked as well.
x 100 !!

Trust me, this is an opinion shared by a good number of long time forum members and contributors.

20 Pages<<678910>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error