20 Pages<<56789>>PrevNext
#151 Posted : Sunday, February 17, 2019 1:18:09 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Vaporisor Go to Quoted Post
But with features and development, it can be beneficial to have a more detailed roadmap. Want a new challenge or story? It can really help to just ask, even a small sample size to get feedback on what they want.

I'm not quite sure it would work for anything apart from bug fixes really.

Significant features are probably laid out in the schedule months and months in advance. And they shift - something gets delayed, something gets scrapped or changes in the process (because what looked great on the paper turned out to be no fun when programmed or took too much effort to implement).

Knowing how patient fan base is, I wonder if disclosure of roadmap months in advance would cause more damage than good.

And that's not even touching other considerations that might prevent disclosure (e.g., I bet licensing agreement to get this Regalia into the game was done a loooong time ago, who knows what kinds of caveats about making it public could be part of that agreement?).
PTG Quadro40k

My Youtube Channel
 4 users liked this post.
#152 Posted : Sunday, February 17, 2019 3:47:56 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ProceedureCall Go to Quoted Post
communication means exactly nothing if you are not going to act on the feedback you get and so far you are have not

the devs either have a attitude or a ability problem can't say for sure which it is but I am learning toward attitude given what I have heard on streams and in interviews

That's pretty spot on. The whole transparency discussion wouldnt be neccessary if the devs were just fixing the game in the first place.
 4 users liked this post.
#153 Posted : Sunday, February 17, 2019 5:41:47 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Granola Avenger Go to Quoted Post
communication means exactly nothing if you are not going to act on the feedback you get and so far you are have not

the devs either have a attitude or a ability problem can't say for sure which it is but I am learning toward attitude given what I have heard on streams and in interviews

That's pretty spot on. The whole transparency discussion wouldnt be neccessary if the devs were just fixing the game in the first place.

Fix what exactly? As far I can see from your previous posts you have one issue. You bought an horizon game but you only want to play online multiplayer on clear tarmac tracks and everyone that joins your lobby has to do the same. You have no interest in dirt and cross country races or weather effects. As you've informed everyone in two separate threads, you have uninstalled the game showing you have no interest in the seasonal championships they are making each week either.

I personally like starting up the game every Thursday to see what new content they've added. If I didn't like what they were adding I would just move on to something else.

Just because they haven't made a game that's meets your exact requirements doesn't mean it's broken.
 1 user liked this post.
#154 Posted : Sunday, February 17, 2019 8:26:48 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Briisace Go to Quoted Post

That's pretty spot on. The whole transparency discussion wouldn't be necessary if the devs were just fixing the game in the first place.

Fix what exactly? As far I can see from your previous posts you have one issue. You bought an horizon game but you only want to play online multiplayer on clear tarmac tracks and everyone that joins your lobby has to do the same. You have no interest in dirt and cross country races or weather effects. As you've informed everyone in two separate threads, you have uninstalled the game showing you have no interest in the seasonal championships they are making each week either.

I personally like starting up the game every Thursday to see what new content they've added. If I didn't like what they were adding I would just move on to something else.

Just because they haven't made a game that's meets your exact requirements doesn't mean it's broken.

seasonable championships are stupid yes I refuse to play with the AI because the AI is stupid

I don't particularly care for dirt racing/cross country mostly because it sucks in this game

I have no problem with the weather effects other then they offer little change to a experienced racer

people play racing games FOR-THE-RACING

and thats a two way street buck-o just because you have fun with all the mindless non-racing busy work or racing bots because your too slow to compete in a mp event does not mean everybody else should be forced to stomach the continued fluff adding and numbing down

and as for the attitude comment yes I believe they have a 'problem' or lack of experience to put it more gently

every-time they speak they talk like they have done no wrong and every decision they make is completely infallible. When ever the community gets up in arms over some silly decision they have made we are met with pr-spin, lots of empty promises and delay tactics while the argue in the office about whos fault it really is and how the community just doesn't get there ' vision' or how about we should all [Mod Edit - Abbreviated profanity, profanity and profanity that is disguised but still alludes to the words are not permitted - D] and play the game exactly how they envisioned it

it doesn't take a rocket scientist to decode the writing on the wall

Edited by user Sunday, February 17, 2019 9:00:42 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#155 Posted : Sunday, February 17, 2019 9:04:10 AM(UTC)

I actually enjoy all the race disciplines, seasons, and car classes. I would prefer not to race s2 in the winter 4 out of 5 times tho. It's also silly to exclude every class under A from adventure play.

There are many issues I have with the game, the state of adventure mode is just one. I'd also like to see full class based rivals come back. These are issues that weren't present in the previous entry of fh. Surely you wont try to claim I'm the only one irritated at the state of rivals? If you are satisfied with the game, I'm happy for you. I dont expect fh to be clear summer tarmac racing, I have fm7 for that.

I just expect an entry to the series to keep at least most of the features of the previous title. We had a lot stripped out, and the things that seem to have been added in their place seem to be targeting a new audience than the previous games were marketed to. If the devs decided this is the direction they games are going, then I guess I'm not their target demographic anymore.

#156 Posted : Sunday, February 17, 2019 10:10:05 AM(UTC)
So what you are saying Granola is it would be preferrable if the ranked/online adventure stuff would at least select what PI you want when you start. So 'I want to join B class cause it is winter'. Vs only having S2 as an option or not worth showing up?
 1 user liked this post.
#157 Posted : Sunday, February 17, 2019 12:51:31 PM(UTC)
So what you are saying Granola is it would be preferrable if the ranked/online adventure stuff would at least select what PI you want when you start. So 'I want to join B class cause it is winter'. Vs only having S2 as an option or not worth showing up?

I'm fine with the ranked hopper system being random, that makes sense for a competitive mode. I would at least like to be able to go pick a car from the store, tune it to a class I like, and take that car online. However pg accomplishes that wouldnt matter that much to me. If it's full blown customization of unranked adventure and let me pick B class, dirt, winter awesome. If its class based hoppers like c+d b+a s+s2 and random race type and season, that so be great too. I just want some choice.

I enjoy all of the cars including stock drivetrains in most of them. I dont want to only be driving 800hp awd suvs. I have so many tunesd rwd vehicles I'd kill to race for hours online with other players, but if its rwd, and you dont use any driving aids(I have clutch off only) then you're handicapped into oblivion against everyone.

I'm not a fan of freeroam rush taking up 2 of the 5 races and not paying any xp rewards, but that's another ball of yarn. I have never suggested PG remove any features from the game. I've always pushed for them to add options in how we play the content thats already here.

I dont take pride in uninstalling this game, it's sad. I'm a fiercely dedicated forza fan of both franchises. 100s if not 1000s of hours in every game since fm2, I really do want to love this game.

As far as transparency, if the devs dont have any desire to make additions like I've suggested here and in both of the multiplayer threads, then just say it. If they just say they're not going to make those type of changes I'd stop asking and complaining and go look into other racing franchises to get my road racing fix.

Edited by user Sunday, February 17, 2019 1:05:32 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#158 Posted : Sunday, February 17, 2019 1:07:40 PM(UTC)
Just to echo the sentiment here without veering too far off-topic, it does feel like in general we really have no idea what's planned for each monthly update until it actually lands. Occasionally the devs will mention a feature they're planning, but by and large this whole process is completely opaque and there really isn't any good communication.

I understand the difficulty here since the timing of these patches is based on a calendar date and not feature completion (which isn't necessarily the best way to do things IMHO) so the devs themselves don't know what will be ready and included in a patch until it ships either. Still, it would be nice to have a bit more of an idea of what's being discussed and worked on, and more information (even if it's just to say that a particular feature is in discussion so players know their feedback is being considered) would be appreciated.

RetroKrystal has already acknowledged this, but I would like to give the additional suggestion of maybe having a publicly-viewable planned feature page for things that have been publicly mentioned just so we have a central point where we can always look to see the status of features instead of having to dig through livestreams and dev comments spread across multiple platforms.

For example, if the devs mention in a livestream that they're working on feature X for a future update, then this feature would be added to this page with as much info as has been publicly provided on the feature. If the devs say that it will be included in update Y, then this info would be added to the page. If a feature is delayed/postponed/cancelled (like what happened with brake caliper painting), then this page would also be updated to reflect this. I know the devs have to be careful with what they say since software development is so fluid, but at least by putting all the info in a known place that's easy to refer to it would (hopefully) cut down a lot on comments in the forums of "what happened to feature X" once players learned there was an up-to-date place to check for the status of these features.

Edited by user Sunday, February 17, 2019 1:14:09 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

5 users liked this post.
#159 Posted : Sunday, February 17, 2019 1:18:19 PM(UTC)

I'm fine with the ranked hopper system being random, that makes sense for a competitive mode. I would at least like to be able to go pick a car from the store, tune it to a class I like, and take that car online. However pg accomplishes that wouldnt matter that much to me. If it's full blown customization of unranked adventure and let me pick B class, dirt, winter awesome. If its class based hoppers like c+d b+a s+s2 and random race type and season, that so be great too. I just want some choice.

I enjoy all of the cars including stock drivetrains in most of them. I dont want to only be driving 800hp awd suvs. I have so many tunesd rwd vehicles I'd kill to race for hours online with other players, but if its rwd, and you dont use any driving aids(I have clutch off only) then you're handicapped into oblivion against everyone.

I'm not a fan of freeroam rush taking up 2 of the 5 races and not paying any xp rewards, but that's another ball of yarn. I have never suggested PG remove any features from the game. I've always pushed for them to add options in how we play the content thats already here.

I dont take pride in uninstalling this game, it's sad. I'm a fiercely dedicated forza fan of both franchises. 100s if not 1000s of hours in every game since fm2, I really do want to love this game.

As far as transparency, if the devs dont have any desire to make additions like I've suggested here and in both of the multiplayer threads, then just say it. If they just say they're not going to make those type of changes I'd stop asking and complaining and go look into other racing franchises to get my road racing fix.

You have constantly said in previous posts that you have no desire to play dirt or cross country races. You have also stated that you quit if the race has a winter environment. How can you expect the devs to address every single players personal wish list for the game.

2 users liked this post.
#160 Posted : Sunday, February 17, 2019 1:34:11 PM(UTC)

You have constantly said in previous posts that you have no desire to play dirt or cross country races. You have also stated that you quit if the race has a winter environment. How can you expect the devs to address every single players personal wish list for the game.

That was in the context of wanting to play some type of road racing not in winter. In that instance I did have to decline 7 or 8 adventures to finally find one. If we dont have any options besides "random all" then the only solution is to bulk decline adventures until the one you want comes up. Why not cut to the chase and let us pick the one we want? Leave the random hoppers, and add custom hoppers. That doesn't seem unreasonable to me. If it is, then why not just tell us(I'm not the only guy in the world asking for this). That's the whole point of this thread, tell us something.

Were getting off topic. You can agree or disagree with my requests of the game, and my reasons for wanting them thats fine. My reason for posting in the thread is to try to get some type of comment on these things from the devs. What is so difficult about examining the possibility of adding particular features, and making a yes or no decision and letting us know?

Edited by user Sunday, February 17, 2019 1:37:20 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#161 Posted : Sunday, February 17, 2019 1:45:26 PM(UTC)
I have found it odd that a freeroam rush though is on par with an actual race for points. While I love racing cross country, I would hate to be down in points due to hitting a bump just wrong enough or cause of that one tree. Just too much at random with too much at stake. Freeroam might be better suited to be qualifiers for starting position.

I also see a fairly valid value in having more control on freeroam and undertand not wanting to do it. There are aspects of the game I dislike, so I dont do them. Anything drifting outside of forzathons for example. I also dont enjoy S2 racing in many circumstances and because the adventures openess means it cuts out some of what I like and will forced what I dont, I just do not do the MP online aspect.

Now I think seasons would need to be locked, but if I could do adventure mode where my S1 959 or A class LM002 coule be competitive, then I would make use of those features.

Now that they are playing, and making complaints means they like the game. What I see repeated is not that it is a bad game, but that the feature they want to enjoy is so limited that they cannot. Isnt a good thing when the competitive multiplayer side of a game with as much variety of this sets up a very narrow windowed meta for being competitive.
 5 users liked this post.
#162 Posted : Sunday, February 17, 2019 1:57:13 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: gamer1000k Go to Quoted Post
it would be nice to have a bit more of an idea of what's being discussed and worked on, and more information (even if it's just to say that a particular feature is in discussion so players know their feedback is being considered) would be appreciated.

I couldnt agree more with this. Right now it's almost feel like talking to wall, multiplayer is great example abaout this we players have talking abaout 5 months how it need changes and we have get one change and other than that only info we have get abaout multiplayer is they are gonna fix wallriding other than that there is just total silence what devs themself think abaout multiplayer or how they are gonna improve that in future.

And last PG stream was maybe worst stream what comes with communication, hour stream they spent 59 minutes and 45 seconds to hype up upcoming seasonal content and another 15 seconds they spent that "sorry wallriding fix is not ready still after 4 months, maybe next month"

Would be nice to watch stream where even something like 15-30 minutes they would spent time with chat answering our questions (and i mean actually guy who can answer questions instead of answering "i cant say nothing because NDA")
#163 Posted : Sunday, February 17, 2019 2:15:16 PM(UTC)
I don't like Free Roam Rush, but at least it would work if you could change vehicles on each stage of the adventure.
 1 user liked this post.
User is suspended until 10/22/2293 12:42:28 PM(UTC)
#164 Posted : Monday, February 18, 2019 2:30:56 AM(UTC)
@Vaporisor and @AquadPainter168 - For all discussions regarding the game, continue in the relevant thread of submit your suggestions and feedback here
 1 user liked this post.
#165 Posted : Monday, February 18, 2019 7:26:58 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: V12 SprungBoss Go to Quoted Post
it would be nice to have a bit more of an idea of what's being discussed and worked on, and more information (even if it's just to say that a particular feature is in discussion so players know their feedback is being considered) would be appreciated.

I couldnt agree more with this. Right now it's almost feel like talking to wall, multiplayer is great example abaout this we players have talking abaout 5 months how it need changes and we have get one change and other than that only info we have get abaout multiplayer is they are gonna fix wallriding other than that there is just total silence what devs themself think abaout multiplayer or how they are gonna improve that in future.

And last PG stream was maybe worst stream what comes with communication, hour stream they spent 59 minutes and 45 seconds to hype up upcoming seasonal content and another 15 seconds they spent that "sorry wallriding fix is not ready still after 4 months, maybe next month"

+1

I have the feeling that this thread is just employment therapy
MY Forza games

+ Digital Versions of Forza 6:Apex , Forza Horizon 3 , Forza Motorsport 7
#166 Posted : Monday, February 18, 2019 8:13:25 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: WurmSarah667 Go to Quoted Post

+1

This thread has lead to the following thread here. Which I hope to keep updating following feedback and discussion from this thread.
#167 Posted : Monday, February 18, 2019 8:27:53 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RetroKrystal Go to Quoted Post

+1

This thread has lead to the following thread here. Which I hope to keep updating following feedback and discussion from this thread.

And that thread solve how many issues? Oh right none. Employment therapy at its best.
 4 users liked this post.
#168 Posted : Monday, February 18, 2019 12:05:51 PM(UTC)
Not sure if anyone else saw it, but when Series 6 dropped, there was a nice detailed patch notes screen in-game which was new to me. So Krystal, that's a nice improvement if you helped make that possible.
#169 Posted : Monday, February 18, 2019 8:49:26 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RetroKrystal Go to Quoted Post

+1

heres a suggestion why don't you or somebody else on the team try dropping into the isuckatdriving discord and just lurk for a bit maby play a race or two with people

I would recommend you do this aliased under a different GT

you might learn a thing or two

unrelated the fact that you are discussing QOL updates is a little concerning a meer 6 months after release the term QOL gives the impression you are not going to continue providing mainstream support
 3 users liked this post.
#170 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2019 1:39:30 AM(UTC)

heres a suggestion why don't you or somebody else on the team try dropping into the isuckatdriving discord and just lurk for a bit maby play a race or two with people

I would recommend you do this aliased under a different GT

you might learn a thing or two

unrelated the fact that you are discussing QOL updates is a little concerning a meer 6 months after release the term QOL gives the impression you are not going to continue providing mainstream support

I've actually done this, the 'lurk in a discord' and it proved to be quite helpful. It's definitely a good idea
 1 user liked this post.
#171 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2019 11:37:53 AM(UTC)
Came across another couple transparency issues.

There's a thread that was here in the FH4 forum (and has been here for months) titled "FH3 is better". Recently, it became popular again and it was quickly moved to the FH3 forums with no comment. I know that from the title it sounds like it should be in the FH3 forums, but if you actually read the thread, it's comparing FH3 to FH4, so this move feels like more of an attempt to shuffle a thread that's somewhat negative on FH4 into a nearly dead forum to hide it and suppress discussion.

Second, RetroKrystal you recently answered one of my tickets on the locked car situation in FH3 saying there were no plans whatsoever to make the Forzathon exclusive cars available in the future after the end of the Forzathon events (BTW, thank you for your transparency on this with responding to my ticket). This is a fairly important piece of information to not be publicly mentioned. I know it's not the best PR to say "Sorry, you won't be able to get this car again. Ever.", but if the devs do want to be transparent with the playerbase, then they need to make these sorts of things clear as it really does affect the value of the game. I know for me when I first saw the locked cars in FH3 I feared this worst-case scenario and now that it's come to pass, it greatly affects my perceived value of the Forza Horizon franchise if this is how the devs are going to handle games going forward at EoL.

Edited by user Tuesday, February 19, 2019 11:51:16 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#172 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2019 1:26:43 AM(UTC)
Came across another couple transparency issues.

There's a thread that was here in the FH4 forum (and has been here for months) titled "FH3 is better". Recently, it became popular again and it was quickly moved to the FH3 forums with no comment. I know that from the title it sounds like it should be in the FH3 forums, but if you actually read the thread, it's comparing FH3 to FH4, so this move feels like more of an attempt to shuffle a thread that's somewhat negative on FH4 into a nearly dead forum to hide it and suppress discussion.

Unfortunately I'm unaware of who moved the thread to the FH3 forum as this wasn't me. But if you could DM the link of the thread I'd be more than happy to look into this.

In terms of your ticket, as I mentioned, I still need to look into this to make sure this is definitely the case. Also I am hoping to improve the transparency regarding issues/bugs to the community with FH4 so thanks for this feedback.

Edited by user Wednesday, February 20, 2019 1:28:40 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#173 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2019 9:45:38 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: V12 SprungBoss Go to Quoted Post

Would be nice to watch stream where even something like 15-30 minutes they would spent time with chat answering our questions (and i mean actually guy who can answer questions instead of answering "i cant say nothing because NDA")

I couldn't agree more with both of you. It's such a shame that we don't really know what is happening in the background. Speaking of myself I'm still waiting for better car sounds, a convertible function, possiblity to turn the lights and windshield wipers on by yourself, improved multiplayer etc. It just would be nice to get some information about it, like "It is currently being worked on", "It's currently not in planning" or "It won't come". So you can either look forward to it or don't get your hopes up.

And yes i already submitted a ticket.

Edited by user Wednesday, February 20, 2019 9:46:17 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#174 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2019 10:01:28 AM(UTC)
Stuff like that doesnt even need a stream. We have a FAQ thread so could add a whiteboard.

Edited by user Monday, February 25, 2019 1:26:56 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#175 Posted : Saturday, February 23, 2019 5:53:24 PM(UTC)
Just noticed another potential transparency issue with moderation. There's a recent thread titled "Forza taking a nosedive" (link) that was abruptly closed by Dragnet with the comment "Thank you for the feedback. If you need official support, please create a ticket on the support site."

To be fair to the moderator, the discussion wasn't really going anywhere (it had turned into a discussion of the poor formatting of the OP), but this type of canned response is exactly the kind of thing I was referring to in my earlier posts that has been feeding a lot of the resentment in the community. Since it doesn't clarify why the thread was closed, it does come across as an attempt to shut down negative discussion since all threads I've seen with this canned response are players complaining about one thing or another on the game.

Edited by user Saturday, February 23, 2019 6:02:40 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

20 Pages<<56789>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error