This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
19 Pages<<1516171819PrevNext
 1 user liked this post.
#401 Posted : Friday, August 9, 2019 12:48:59 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ClawedScroll554 Go to Quoted Post

I'm not too sure who you are referring to regarding Community Manager (just to confirm, are you potentially referring to the Turn10 community manager or are you referring to another member of PG?) as the Community team here at the PG studio is just myself.

Yes, Mechberg is the Community Manager for Turn10. He's a great source for information. (I just weren't sure if you had spoken to someone from PG so I can ensure I was aware of all feedback etc)

..Well managed FAQ should cover lot's of social media, it's just that these official forums would be the source.

I'll look into it. My main issue is back to the problem of information being over a variety of social medias.
Not everyone comes to the forums. These forums actually cover quite a small amount of the playerbase and we want to make as many players aware as possible on a digital media form.

RetroKrystal | Community Liaison for Playground Games | @_RetroKrystal | Mixer: RetroKrystal
 4 users liked this post.
#402 Posted : Friday, August 9, 2019 12:57:24 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RetroKrystal Go to Quoted Post
we want to make as many players aware as possible on a digital media form.

The best way is to do so is to put the information in the game. Only people who aren't playing it are not reached by it.

Edited by user Friday, August 9, 2019 12:58:00 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#403 Posted : Friday, August 9, 2019 1:48:50 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BabySeal363 Go to Quoted Post
we want to make as many players aware as possible on a digital media form.

The best way is to do so is to put the information in the game. Only people who aren't playing it are not reached by it.

Yep may as well use the ingame message centre
That's what it's there for 🤗
 3 users liked this post.
#404 Posted : Friday, August 9, 2019 2:22:42 AM(UTC)
[quote=ClawedScroll554;1119017]
I'll look into it. My main issue is back to the problem of information being over a variety of social medias.
Not everyone comes to the forums. These forums actually cover quite a small amount of the playerbase and we want to make as many players aware as possible on a digital media form.

Perhaps if the forum had adequate bandwidth, then more people would come here.

It's a nightmare trying to browse this forum. Pages regularly take about thirty seconds to load. For A Microsoft company, in 2019, there is simply no excuse for this. It's almost as if you're intentionally creating a hostile environment.

1 user liked this post.
#405 Posted : Friday, August 9, 2019 2:24:20 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Ti Hsien Go to Quoted Post
Streams are an annoying way to get information. I only catch useful info from them if it filters onto the board in a few useful seconds of reading rather than untold minutes of video blither.

What would you advise instead?

A newsletter players can subscribe to?

1 user liked this post.
#406 Posted : Friday, August 9, 2019 2:32:23 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: audiodrifter Go to Quoted Post

It's a nightmare trying to browse this forum. Pages regularly take about thirty seconds to load. For A Microsoft company, in 2019, there is simply no excuse for this. It's almost as if you're intentionally creating a hostile environment.

That might not be a forum issue but personal internet issue
Mine rarely takes that long and that's when in a poor service area on my phone..usually within 10 seconds
Whilst it isnt the quickest forum you might want to check your internet service

Edited by user Saturday, August 10, 2019 2:44:06 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#407 Posted : Friday, August 9, 2019 8:50:55 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: talby71 Go to Quoted Post

Mine rarely takes that long and that's when in a poor service area on my phone..usually within 10 seconds

There is something not right with this forum and it’s been like that for years. I have the same issues at work, home, mobile, wherever. Sometimes it’s fine but more often then not it takes way longer then it should. I usually go through and load up a few posts I want to read in new tabs so I have one ready to go when I finish the previous one.

I’m not talking like minutes but it shouldn’t take more then 5 seconds to load a basic pages like these on a regular basis.

Edited by user Friday, August 9, 2019 8:56:48 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users liked this post.
#408 Posted : Saturday, August 10, 2019 12:45:16 AM(UTC)

No, these forums are the slowest probably on the whole internet. I've never come across such slow forums before.
#409 Posted : Saturday, August 10, 2019 2:43:05 AM(UTC)

Um, no.

https://www.youtube.com/...pV&index=2&t=0s

DIAG Solutions Log Item#28
Game: ALL
Category: BUG
Priority: HIGH
Date Logged: 21 July 2019
Owner: AUDIODRIFTER

Description:
Many drivers complain of pages regularly taking an age to load. An example of one of the more annoying, ancient, forum bugs, is the fact that the 'Go to first unread post' button rarely ever works.

Impact:
The slow speed is exacerbated by the need to almost always skip forward a couple of pages to read new posts. This contributes, along with a policy of aloof and sometimes heavy-handed moderation, to the atmosphere of a deliberately hostile environment.

Steps to Recreate / Additional Information:
We designed a series of tests in order to measure the relative speeds of Forzamotorsport.net, the Forza franchise's official forum, and GT Planet, an unaffiliated site for enthusiasts of a wide array of racing games.This community has an active, largely positive, Forza fan base.

Test Results:
The results of our tests were striking, with GT Planet's pages generally loading instantly.
Forzamotorsport.net tested extremely sluggish in comparison, with many pages taking several seconds to load.

In addition, our tests indicate a discrepancy between the speed of the official forum and the support site, even though both sites currently reside on the same domain.

We conducted a total of sixteen tests, four every six hours over a 24-hour period, using IE, Edge, Chrome & Firefox.

Each test was conducted with Flashcontrol* and ublock origin enabled, so as to avoid skewing the test results by outside factors such as slow ad servers, etc.

*Flashcontrol is unavailable on IE & MS Edge.

Notes:
Our tests clearly indicate inadequate bandwidth. According to users, this has been the status quo for years, and gives rise to the impression that the developers do not really want people hanging around the forums, reporting or reading about bugs.

Nor does it reflect well, generally, on a major technology company such as Microsoft, that they would have such a slow user forum.

DIAG Proposal:
Broken window, easy fix. More bandwidth. Immediately.

Estimated completion date: TBA

1 user liked this post.
#410 Posted : Saturday, August 10, 2019 4:54:47 AM(UTC)
I have posted before that FH4 and these forms are the only things that do not run properly on my computer. What a coincidence. It is definitely not internet service, mine runs plenty fast and again, this forum is the only website I get major lag on.
#411 Posted : Saturday, August 10, 2019 10:21:05 AM(UTC)
I have problems with very long page load times on these forums as well more often than not. It's not related to my internet as other websites with far more graphical content can load far more quickly.
2007 Toyota Blade Master G
2007 Toyota Blade Master G

Post Checklist: Spelling/Grammar - Constructive - Respectful
#412 Posted : Sunday, August 11, 2019 1:30:02 PM(UTC)

I'm not too sure who you are referring to regarding Community Manager (just to confirm, are you potentially referring to the Turn10 community manager or are you referring to another member of PG?) as the Community team here at the PG studio is just myself.

Yes, Mechberg is the Community Manager for Turn10. He's a great source for information. (I just weren't sure if you had spoken to someone from PG so I can ensure I was aware of all feedback etc)

I have taken that you are responsible for Playground Games related discussion. I was bit surprised to see Mechberg to appear on one discussion on this side and that led to me make wrong assumptions about size of your team.

..Well managed FAQ should cover lot's of social media, it's just that these official forums would be the source.

[/quote]
I don't find it surprising at all if most of audience is on other media platforms. There's been huge change in the Internet culture during past decade. I guess certain accessibility is one thing of it but I think it's also about adapting to environment, accepting the reality that while we have many means of communication maybe those don't make reaching any sort of consensus any easier. There is opportunity to get information without being active in conversations and that addresses the uncomfortable topic for us being able to stand each others. LOL
They are no doubt great tools for sharing information, in this culture less maintenance, less chaos and possibility to positive domino effect. Infrastructures are maintained by other companies and production/PR side just needed to focus on content is another big plus.

I don't see that platforms we have today and what will come will render forums obsolete. There are different kind of demands and Twitter just doesn't work for input regarding let's say Route Creator feature, because there are sort of many enhancements people wish for it. I don't want to start Route Creator discussion in topic. For another example, say what makes me to return in FH4 it's actually quite many things that make the experience for me. Physics model is fun, the best I have encountered in Horizon games, yet in the spot that makes it far less frustrating than say Motorsport 7. I can do Street Races while listening to music via Spotify, different cars actually have different tricks which makes every car a bit of a discovery, what helps me find them is audio design, there's more to car sounds than engine, there's whole soundscape but tyre noise is very important. It's actually quite brilliant how well and how much tyre sound can tell about limits of the grip even if I'm listening to music. So new physics added a bit of learning curve, but in the end it made better game because someone in PG understood that there is more to this sort of game than visual ques and audio feedback helps with the learning curve. There are only so many Street Races so I do custom races every now and then. So lot of things contribute towards experience I feel is relaxing and other layer of information is that there are really many ways to play this game, and I don't believe there is any better or worse in that, just that some customers actually take different opportunities. In Twitter I could practically say that this is or that is great but I can't really explain the context. It just isn't build for that, but sometimes context matter.

Forums gives opportunity to explore features and exchange information with other players in depth. There is Reddit but things happen there with a bit different speed, it's great resource for Custom Routes but that's about it for me. There is also that these are the official forums and we have certain security that people here appearing in their work role, actually are who they say they are and that lot of things discussed here like Rivals mode, more lobbies, Top Gear story wasn't another Drift Club. Somehow these things came to be game features and maybe some other input might have influenced certain decisions.

It's a pity that developer diaries are on hold something where people working on project could showcase their talent which would contribute towards company image. Would make sense in current trends to create something like that. Meanwhile these forums are here. So I can throw idea what we can't discuss about, like if companies perhaps feeling perhaps a bit uncomfortable with forums turning out be ghost towns and other things that are not perhaps good for image. But I don't think it's always about technology but something akin to post-modern tribalism, like GT-planet which Forza discussion is five guys telling each other how great game FH4 is and then there is weekly car challenge and only two of them actually plays it and in this tribe it's some sort of social thing is that this makes them somehow victorious. And then some may think it's quite hilarious, that there is cycle that is good for those five people and perhaps it's a bit of curious thing but I don't wanna really know these people. LOL

I don't think that's likely scenario for these forums and it's again about these being official forums and opportunity for community liaison being the middleman. For one position there is in corporation side which can actually benefit customers, middleman is that and I hope people would appreciate that inside and outside.
 1 user liked this post.
#413 Posted : Tuesday, August 27, 2019 2:15:58 AM(UTC)
Thanks all for your input!

We're continually reading your feedback and improving accordingly and these ideas have been very helpful to let me know the sort of information or aspects which you look for.
RetroKrystal | Community Liaison for Playground Games | @_RetroKrystal | Mixer: RetroKrystal
#414 Posted : Tuesday, August 27, 2019 3:29:00 AM(UTC)
Another example of less than perfect communication is in the Star Card.

Players think that getting 2500 points in a Ranked Adventure mode should be enough to get them to complete Ranked Up, as such score shows the player they made it to Rank 10.

It doesn't work. Players actually need 2530 points. This was written nowhere in the game, and I know this because I happen to read these forums, and verified this myself when I eventually did unlock Ranked Up.

If you want people to get 2530 points, then say so.

Edited by user Tuesday, August 27, 2019 9:49:35 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users liked this post.
#415 Posted : Tuesday, August 27, 2019 6:36:37 AM(UTC)
Where is this improvement? I am going on 4 months now with my game crashing at start up. People are still posting they are having this problem. Some longer than me, some more recent. Not a single word from anyone. I think you read these posts and when it is people having problems you just move on to the next thread. How about instead of putting together the next season, you guys fix your product. I am lucky I get to use it, though it is not like I should, but some people can't even get it to run. And before you say send in a ticket, it has been done, plenty of times by plenty of people. Either your reading comprehension isn't so good, or you are just ignoring people with problems.
#416 Posted : Tuesday, August 27, 2019 12:09:47 PM(UTC)
Some feedback about Series 13 Update stream.

I didn't login to Mixer, but ended up watching the whole thing anyway.

It was really great to hear about histories of cars, technical details of Ital Design Lambo. I also saw a bit from the beginning of Forza Monthly Stream and discussion there explained more of the car histories. That was actually impressive learning about 906 Carrera racing against Ferrari Dino's in Le Mans and winning but losing to early Ford GT's and 917 Porsche 917 LH taking second position in Le Mans, first position going to other 917. But back to content update stream, this didn't felt rushed like some I have seen earlier.

It was good to see Community Championship is back, also nice to see some preview of first route.

It was great to hear that Route Creator update is coming sometime in the future but even better was that we got a preview and demonstration how it works. Video is IMO really good media for showcasing things like that.

The most important things regarding community transparency was answering to questions. Matteo Max made great summary in his post: https://forums.forzamoto...st-28.aspx#post_1123764

Many questions and things that has been discussed and requested on forums got answered. Most of the news were good, some not. Regarding Garage limit, that we will be able to dismiss duplicate cars from Wheelspin menu IMO actually solves the problem. I felt transparency here was very important because there's actually not one but two things relevant here.

First goes in context of game economy. The whole situation didn't needed to happen, it's been discussed on forums in the past and the context there is that maybe this sort of thing doesn't need to resurface in FH5. That's however both matter of past plans regarding game economy and future title. In context that is now and in near future for FH4, developers are finally getting the memo and action is ability to dismiss dupes from wheelspins. We needed this!

Somethings things unsaid are the worst, like players, even me who has played multiplayer features maybe two weeks. We have multiple cars because we use different tunes to Playground Game events, Drift Events, whatever events and we need to do that to find out right cars, right tunes on different classes. Then on single player we may race them stock because God Mode isn't fun and / or some character of stock version is that makes it fun. That's why some of us has lot of dupes. The underlying context here has been "You make this game and like to talk about it, so why you don't have any idea how we play it?" That sort of thing tends to rise more questions.

Now situation has improved. New car models are okay, personally I like Classic Racers, but that aside, car catalogue will be ported to future games, which is convenient for PG but as long as game we have now improves and features are enhanced and added to better support all those many ways we actually play the game. In the end while handling the subject may feel difficult, sometimes all other options might be worse. I think this was handled quite well and there's perhaps something in that thought you may perhaps pass to guests you had (I'm awful at names).

I think pacing of stream was pretty good overall. Lot's of content but it didn't felt to me it was dragging or too packed either. I felt flow of stream was good and I was able to absorb everything.

One more thing since I didn't logged in chat: Ramps, arrows, all the toys to Custom Route Creator, absolutely yes!

And related to that and to beginning of Forza Monthly stream. Race cars in Horizon series aren't a problem but that existing routes don't work well with certain scenarios. Classic Racers are IMO good example. Custom Routes are very important there, but if we had ability to connect certain tarmac sections via ramp and signal certain turns in Edinburgh via arrow signs etc. it would create a lot more possibilities to have great races with every category and class of cars. I have played quite a few custom routes and there are limits what route creators can do, especially some technical routes suffer unnecessarily from blind turn issue, design is solid, as good as can be done, but add arrows and walls and you can put some of these to community playlist events.

Ramps, whatever could be used to bridge certain sections, be those dirt or tarmac would add lot of options to take better advantage of the map. This is not feature request per se, but I'm thinking out loud that with user created routes for different classes could contribute towards the fun factor of Horizon. We have the best physics of any Horizon game ever, we have weather effects, we have race cars but Horizon doesn't need to turn to Motorsports or vice versa. Maybe with proper tools and encouragement players could find more variety to do all sort of racing under Horizon festival umbrella.
#417 Posted : Tuesday, August 27, 2019 12:44:13 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: hamada452 Go to Quoted Post
Where is this improvement? I am going on 4 months now with my game crashing at start up. People are still posting they are having this problem. Some longer than me, some more recent. Not a single word from anyone. I think you read these posts and when it is people having problems you just move on to the next thread. How about instead of putting together the next season, you guys fix your product. I am lucky I get to use it, though it is not like I should, but some people can't even get it to run. And before you say send in a ticket, it has been done, plenty of times by plenty of people. Either your reading comprehension isn't so good, or you are just ignoring people with problems.

Totally agree I haven't been able to access any online play for weeks I've put in more then one ticket about it, one of them was 16 days ago and i still haven't heard anything.
Your right on one thing at least i can play the game I'm stuck playing in solo and i am missing all the bonus cars i wanted but at least i can play not like some others. Mind you the longer I stay stuck in solo mode the less i am playing the game. My kids bought this for me to give me something to do while recovering from heart surgery and i feel like they have wasted their money as i can't access half the features.
#418 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2019 5:09:23 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: KTS350 Go to Quoted Post

Totally agree I haven't been able to access any online play for weeks I've put in more then one ticket about it, one of them was 16 days ago and i still haven't heard anything.
Your right on one thing at least i can play the game I'm stuck playing in solo and i am missing all the bonus cars i wanted but at least i can play not like some others. Mind you the longer I stay stuck in solo mode the less i am playing the game. My kids bought this for me to give me something to do while recovering from heart surgery and i feel like they have wasted their money as i can't access half the features.

For all bugs and issues, you can check out the Community Support Forum or check out the Support Site
 1 user liked this post.
#419 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2019 6:04:51 AM(UTC)
Niether site is any help. You guys are just ignoring the crash at startup and slow loading problems. There have been multiple threads in the support site. You would know that if you looked in there. There has been plenty of tickets put in by many people, you would know that if you looked there. There is zero communication on this subject. Making people wait 2 weeks for a reply to their ticket is unacceptable. I put a ticket in back in May and it took 2 weeks to get a reply. It didn't help, and I wasn't about to put in another ticket and wait 2 more weeks for an answer. If there is a high volume of tickets you need to either realize you have serious problems with your product, or hire more people to answer the tickets in a timely fashion. You don't seem to understand that some people can't run the game. My game at least runs but I have to wait through at least one crash, and then glacial loading times to get into the game. You guys need to back up your product and fix it.
#420 Posted : Thursday, August 29, 2019 3:38:12 PM(UTC)
Niether site is any help. You guys are just ignoring the crash at startup and slow loading problems. There have been multiple threads in the support site. You would know that if you looked in there. There has been plenty of tickets put in by many people, you would know that if you looked there. There is zero communication on this subject. Making people wait 2 weeks for a reply to their ticket is unacceptable. I put a ticket in back in May and it took 2 weeks to get a reply. It didn't help, and I wasn't about to put in another ticket and wait 2 more weeks for an answer. If there is a high volume of tickets you need to either realize you have serious problems with your product, or hire more people to answer the tickets in a timely fashion. You don't seem to understand that some people can't run the game. My game at least runs but I have to wait through at least one crash, and then glacial loading times to get into the game. You guys need to back up your product and fix it.

Yep sounds very similar to my prob as well put in multi tickets first one is over 17 days old still no response,
 1 user liked this post.
#421 Posted : Friday, August 30, 2019 2:21:43 AM(UTC)

Yep sounds very similar to my prob as well put in multi tickets first one is over 17 days old still no response,

If you're not getting a response, you can also post on the community support forum so the support team can look into the issue.

This thread isn't for bugs/issues or topics relating to support.
 2 users liked this post.
#422 Posted : Friday, August 30, 2019 6:25:49 AM(UTC)

If you're not getting a response, you can also post on the community support forum so the support team can look into the issue.

This thread isn't for bugs/issues or topics relating to support.

Ironically though, you responded to the post here and not the original one in the support section the user just pointed out to you.

Edited by user Friday, August 30, 2019 6:27:18 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#423 Posted : Friday, August 30, 2019 6:51:11 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: LUKE3991 Go to Quoted Post
Ironically though, you responded to the post here and not the original one in the support section the user just pointed out to you.

The support team will look into and respond to that. I tend to lurk & observe (and respond when I can) in this Discussion forum.

If you're relating to the ticket system, that is done in a total different software & site and the issue is most likely being looked into currently.

If you need any more information on how that works, my DMs are open (as this isn't the thread for that discussion) and I'll try to answer any questions you have.
 3 users liked this post.
#424 Posted : Friday, August 30, 2019 7:40:44 AM(UTC)
Well the posts about the lack of communication do belong here. Communication is in the title. I am communicating to you that there is no communication from support for peoples issues. My posts were about how peole use the channels provided and get no communication back. People do not talk to them. I get there are a lot of tickets, but whose fault is that. Maybe if you communicated with people you might be able to accomplish something. I used the word communication a lot so that it fits in this thread. Telling people to post on the support form is a joke because PG doesn't look at them. Just look at how people are having problems with the milage counter. Again. For the 3rd time in 4 weeks. It doesn't matter if we communicate this to you because you don't listen.
#425 Posted : Friday, August 30, 2019 7:28:04 PM(UTC)
This isn't just an issue for FH4, but please make sure you are notified when the Forza Support page changes.
The option to "report a player" was deleted on August 28, but this announcement cannot be confirmed by Forza Support or WIR.
It is inconvenient for the player to change this without notice because the support form is one of the valuable contact methods that can be used when the player is in trouble.
19 Pages<<1516171819PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error