20 Pages<<1011121314>>PrevNext
Rank: B-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#276 Posted : Tuesday, March 26, 2019 7:27:47 AM(UTC)
It was asked by discord orange names about opinions on collisions and PI classifications over the weekend. A solid discussion it was. As for forums vs discord? vOv. For quick debates and roughing, a live chat can be more productive and forums work better for a more roughed out concept. Changing times as well. A live chat will always be more productive for the time.
Rank: Racing Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#277 Posted : Tuesday, March 26, 2019 7:36:12 AM(UTC)
I also saw the discussion about the Drift Adventures. It definitely happened.

This sort of reinforces the point about communication, no? Now there is uncertainty even in PG about communication channels.
This is the danger of moving too much discourse into discord, I have seen it happen before. The development team and the player's lose the record of what is being said where and when and often end up contradicting each other.
Rank: B-Class Racing License
#278 Posted : Tuesday, March 26, 2019 8:13:34 AM(UTC)
Well, that comes into what is brainstorming with players vs official feedback. A quick discussion if stumped? Did that need a record since it was just jotnoting pros and cons? Nothing was stated, only asked in relation to a known in process.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
User is suspended until 10/22/2293 12:42:28 PM(UTC)
#279 Posted : Wednesday, March 27, 2019 1:55:19 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Exsurgolol Go to Quoted Post
I also saw the discussion about the Drift Adventures. It definitely happened.

This sort of reinforces the point about communication, no? Now there is uncertainty even in PG about communication channels.
This is the danger of moving too much discourse into discord, I have seen it happen before. The development team and the player's lose the record of what is being said where and when and often end up contradicting each other.


Any suggestion & feedback should also be submitted via a ticket on our support site and not really through our Discord.
However, a discussion around the idea is more than welcome to happen.

But as noted, on all social media, you should ideally submit a ticket to ensure it is noted down. This is also the purpose of the tickets, it helps to track everything an ensure everything is also heard.
Rank: B-Class Racing License
#280 Posted : Wednesday, March 27, 2019 1:11:03 PM(UTC)
@RetroKrystal For your reference, this discord conversation on the drift adventure was started by FlawlessCowboy and T|oil last Friday (22 March) at 10:15 AM PST.

Maybe to keep track of what was said, instead of encouraging us to submit private tickets since this was a public conversation (so you'll get duplicates from everyone who was in the conversation), a better option would be to create a stickied thread with a summary of the discussion from the Discord chat history so players can get an idea of what has been publicly said on the Drift Adventure.
2007 Toyota Blade Master G
2007 Toyota Blade Master G

Post Checklist: Spelling/Grammar - Constructive - Respectful
Rank: A-Class Racing License
User is suspended until 10/22/2293 12:42:28 PM(UTC)
#281 Posted : Thursday, March 28, 2019 1:48:34 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: gamer1000k Go to Quoted Post
@RetroKrystal For your reference, this discord conversation on the drift adventure was started by FlawlessCowboy and T|oil last Friday (22 March) at 10:15 AM PST.

Maybe to keep track of what was said, instead of encouraging us to submit private tickets since this was a public conversation (so you'll get duplicates from everyone who was in the conversation), a better option would be to create a stickied thread with a summary of the discussion from the Discord chat history so players can get an idea of what has been publicly said on the Drift Adventure.


Apologies as I was away and off all socials that day so I must have missed it and then skimmed past when catching up.

We don't want to make a direct thread till we've explained more upon one of our upcoming streams within the next few months.
Rank: Moderator
 2 users liked this post.
#282 Posted : Thursday, March 28, 2019 2:53:54 AM(UTC)
No more sticky threads, we have far too many as it is.

✔ Verified Moderator


Rank: B-Class Racing License
#283 Posted : Thursday, March 28, 2019 9:50:07 AM(UTC)
@Hieronymus1967 Makes sense, maybe to clean up the sticky threads, instead of stickying all the wishlists, do what's been done in the FM7 forum and have one sticky for all wishlists with links to the individual threads.
2007 Toyota Blade Master G
2007 Toyota Blade Master G

Post Checklist: Spelling/Grammar - Constructive - Respectful
Rank: Racing Legend
 2 users liked this post.
#284 Posted : Thursday, March 28, 2019 3:02:01 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: gamer1000k Go to Quoted Post
@Hieronymus1967 Makes sense, maybe to clean up the sticky threads, instead of stickying all the wishlists, do what's been done in the FM7 forum and have one sticky for all wishlists with links to the individual threads.


Going by quite a few of the new threads started there is quite a few people that dont ( or cant be bothered) read the stickied threads first so not sure if any new stickied threads would be that helpful anyway
Rank: A-Class Racing License
User is suspended until 10/22/2293 12:42:28 PM(UTC)
#285 Posted : Monday, April 1, 2019 12:39:22 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: talby71 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: gamer1000k Go to Quoted Post
@Hieronymus1967 Makes sense, maybe to clean up the sticky threads, instead of stickying all the wishlists, do what's been done in the FM7 forum and have one sticky for all wishlists with links to the individual threads.


Going by quite a few of the new threads started there is quite a few people that dont ( or cant be bothered) read the stickied threads first so not sure if any new stickied threads would be that helpful anyway


Having one thread state all the wishlist threads is a good idea.

Overall it's up to yourself to go and read that thread or direct others to the thread if appropriate. Slowly people will understand that the stickies are relevant.
Rank: B-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#286 Posted : Monday, April 8, 2019 10:30:20 AM(UTC)
Really enjoyed the livestream today, much better than previous weeks and I could see a lot of the feedback from this thread in the format of the stream. Much more in-depth technical talk on features instead of just goofing around the whole time, Q&A at the end, and a lot of great discussion on how player feedback is being incorporated into the game.

Even though it was a bit off-topic, I also enjoyed the drift primer for the new drift adventure. Wouldn't want that every dev stream necessarily due to the time constraints, but I would like to see a separate series of official videos that explain how to play the game and how these systems work since we don't have any in-game driving/tuning/etc tutorials.

Feeling much better about the future of the game now than I was after the previous livestream.
2007 Toyota Blade Master G
2007 Toyota Blade Master G

Post Checklist: Spelling/Grammar - Constructive - Respectful
Rank: Driver's License
 2 users liked this post.
#287 Posted : Monday, April 8, 2019 10:38:28 AM(UTC)
Its really frustrating seeing the comments on the live stream being filled with questions about car sounds and the team actively ignoring the topic during the final minutes of the stream.
Rank: Driver's License
#288 Posted : Monday, April 8, 2019 11:45:45 AM(UTC)
Absolutely. Especially after FM7 just received a big update for the engine sounds and it should be understandable that the community has questions about the situation for FH4.

Just a reminder: the engine sounds topic has 38 pages! I really don't want to defend the excesive spam in the chat. But just avoiding the topic entirely... wow.
Rank: B-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#289 Posted : Monday, April 8, 2019 8:31:00 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: gamer1000k Go to Quoted Post
Really enjoyed the livestream today, much better than previous weeks and I could see a lot of the feedback from this thread in the format of the stream. Much more in-depth technical talk on features instead of just goofing around the whole time, Q&A at the end, and a lot of great discussion on how player feedback is being incorporated into the game.

Even though it was a bit off-topic, I also enjoyed the drift primer for the new drift adventure. Wouldn't want that every dev stream necessarily due to the time constraints, but I would like to see a separate series of official videos that explain how to play the game and how these systems work since we don't have any in-game driving/tuning/etc tutorials.

Feeling much better about the future of the game now than I was after the previous livestream.


I think in this case, the drift primer was actually a good bit of time spent. Drifting is a contentious thing. Many people don't like it, but that doesn't mean it cannot be fun. That little bit showed that making a usable drift car is not so complex to get into. So people on the fence or frustrated trying on their own now had a very easy bit of info to try again, maybe getting more into it.

It was a very solid stream. A good time allocation to various aspects of the upcoming season and making efficient use of all parts of the schedule. Having more team members out allowing to show off the feature while at the same time discussing made it easier to follow and more entertaining. Answering questions while showing photos and route doubled the value of that time session.

In terms of transparency and communication, it was excellent. From the live chat about drift adventure as it was being finished, and to the further progress on handling wall riding. It wasn't heavy details, but a straight forward status update.

There was also a lot of value in the time spent discussing watermarks. Personally I feel that there was plenty of information for the point of view from the devs that hopefully those of us in the community take more into consideration. Like seen above, they cannot acknowledge everything. So while they didn't specifically address engine sounds, they did talk about the difficulties in getting the detailed information for cars. How there is finite time and prioritization. So while they didn't specifically say 'and that goes for engine sounds' it was answered on a more general scale along with many other questions not directly answered.

So solid positives:
Status update on delayed and expected features
the outcome of vetting ideas during finalization and the benefits without releasing info unintendedly
discussion of issues faced by the developers team to help players understand the issues and dilemmas faced by them
and admission and addressing areas in need of improvement and acting on them

It was very confident building. Next series should be the best since launch! Lots of events that will be fun! Overall, a solid format and very communicative. I cannot think of any way that could have gone better for the allotted time.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
User is suspended until 10/22/2293 12:42:28 PM(UTC)
#290 Posted : Tuesday, April 9, 2019 1:26:28 AM(UTC)
I'm glad that you all feel that the streams are improving, I'm still looking for feedback on how to improve and continue them so continue to let me know!

Q & A - How did you all feel about it at the end of the stream? Would you prefer it in this format or potentially a thread as such? Or other ways? I'm looking into how we can continue to do this and answer as many questions as possible.

.."see a separate series of official videos that explain.." -- I'm actually looking into doing this as a mini YouTube series about different departments/teams and getting them to explain their work into Horizon and potentially explain the processes they take for certain aspect alongside giving you all more of an insight.
This is currently just an idea on my notepad, and I have had a discussion, so it won't be anytime within the next month or so. But I am planning on hopefully doing this. So I'd really be open to all your feedback on what you'd like to know about.

"actively ignoring the topic" -- We're not ignoring the topic. We just plan to potentially focus on this in a future stream and would rather give an indepth answer and discussion then a quick fire answer.

Rank: B-Class Racing License
#291 Posted : Tuesday, April 9, 2019 5:50:05 AM(UTC)
For that particular stream, I cannot think anything specific on how to improve. usual hickups, but nothing really standoutish.

Having more behind the scenes approach to bigger questions and issues would be nice to see and to help go through the complexities of the problem. Much like how it was explained cannot just add and remove stuff from a patch or game without potentially affecting other things.

For things like those, wonder if a pre recorded video might work as well. Something that could be a part of the non monthly stream. A sort of mini feature like how had pre recorded the drift adventure.
Rank: B-Class Racing License
#292 Posted : Tuesday, April 9, 2019 8:12:26 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Vaporisor Go to Quoted Post


I think in this case, the drift primer was actually a good bit of time spent. Drifting is a contentious thing. Many people don't like it, but that doesn't mean it cannot be fun. That little bit showed that making a usable drift car is not so complex to get into. So people on the fence or frustrated trying on their own now had a very easy bit of info to try again, maybe getting more into it.



I totally agree that in this case it was time well spent given the introduction of drift adventure and the general lack of drift understanding amongst players. My point was that if game tutorials are going to become a regular occurrence in these livestreams, then maybe they should split them off into their own series and linked to from the livestreams so they don't take up too much time from other things and they're easier to go back later and rewatch without having to go through the entire stream.

That said, I did really enjoy the short drift guide and would like to see more of this type of content.
2007 Toyota Blade Master G
2007 Toyota Blade Master G

Post Checklist: Spelling/Grammar - Constructive - Respectful
Rank: Driver's License
#293 Posted : Tuesday, April 9, 2019 9:24:24 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RetroKrystal Go to Quoted Post
I'm glad that you all feel that the streams are improving, I'm still looking for feedback on how to improve and continue them so continue to let me know!


Don't change it! That was as near as perfect as you can expect. The format was great, the pacing was spot on, the flow of information was almost constant. One of the best things, that I don't think has been mentioned, was that you didn't all just run off after 59 minutes of the stream had passed. By removing the time constraint, it seemed to relax you all, and allowed you to expand on each topic as well as answer way more questions in the (excellent) Q&A.

An infinite improvement from previous streams. Congratulations to all involved.

Of course, the fact that you announced significant improvements to the game has probably improved my general mood about Forza in general. :D
Rank: C-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#294 Posted : Tuesday, April 9, 2019 9:49:40 AM(UTC)
This last stream was awesome, dev team is really killing it with communication, and I'm glad they've been willing to talk about touchy subjects, off the top of my head they talked about:

-Car licensing
-Brake Calipers
-Multiplayer updates and the reasoning behind them
-Open class rivals
-Possbility of new music/radio stations
-Paint issues
-Upcoming customization
-Boneshaker
-New horizon stories
-Timeframe for expansion 2.

I've been pretty vocal about customization issues and brought it up 3 or 4 times during the stream and was very glad RetroKrystal brought it up and Torben and Mike Brown actually talked about it. Thanks team!!
Rank: A-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
User is suspended until 10/22/2293 12:42:28 PM(UTC)
#295 Posted : Wednesday, April 10, 2019 2:17:40 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: gamer1000k Go to Quoted Post
<snip> ..they're easier to go back later and rewatch without having to go through the entire stream.


That's why I have a stream summary.

However it does still need updating with a few things and I will add all the Q & A there too
Rank: C-Class Racing License
#296 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2019 9:47:43 AM(UTC)
Has this improved any? I notice the thread has gotten buried so is there better communication and transparency or did everyone just give up on believing it?
Rank: A-Class Racing License
User is suspended until 10/22/2293 12:42:28 PM(UTC)
#297 Posted : Wednesday, May 8, 2019 1:12:10 AM(UTC)
Click here for an update on the stream summary for Update 9.

@Grim Kidaver - I don't think people have given up. It's just that I've listened and made changes accordingly. This thread is for ideas, feedback & constructive criticism on how to improve things or what you would like to see in the future.
Rank: Series Champion
 6 users liked this post.
#298 Posted : Wednesday, May 8, 2019 1:44:21 AM(UTC)
OK, how about a team of users to test out updates before they go live and wipe out everyone's perks? That's a good idea as apparently you don't have one in place at playground judging by the latest update.
You could have a team of users who will run these updates before they go live and report back any issues. The system you currently have in place is obviously not working as intended!

Edited by user Wednesday, May 8, 2019 1:50:16 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: A-Class Racing License
User is suspended until 10/22/2293 12:42:28 PM(UTC)
#299 Posted : Wednesday, May 8, 2019 1:52:04 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BBTD MitchyK7 Go to Quoted Post
OK, how about a team of users to test out updates before they go live and wipe out everyone's perks? That's a good idea as apparently you don't have one in place at playground judging by the latest update.
You could have a team of users who will run these updates before they go live and report back any issues. The system you currently have in place is obviously not working as intended!


This thread is about transparency and community between the team and you the players. This isn't for any in-game discussion.

You can discuss the topic in the relevant thread or potentially the support forum or via ticket from the support site.
Rank: S-Class Racing License
#300 Posted : Wednesday, May 8, 2019 6:15:21 AM(UTC)
No communication about the fix yet.
20 Pages<<1011121314>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error