This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
18 Pages123>>Next
 5 users liked this post.
#1 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2019 1:57:41 AM(UTC)
Following from a few directed posts to me within this forum, I thought I'd open up a discussion about transparency as I would like to hopefully better the transparency & communication between everyone. Just to keep all the ideas in one place.
This is to discuss all feedback, including what you like so far, how we could improve this, or brand new ideas or options. Feel free to even suggest what you may have seen other companies do that you've liked & thought was productive.

Currently, I've had a lot of positive feedback regarding our streams and how this is opening up another way in which you can receive information. Following this, on the other hand, I've also been given feedback that although this is useful, it is not necessarily directed across all our social media for those that couldn't make the streams.

I can't promise that any of the feedback will be put into place going forward. Especially as this will be a long and slow process.
But I'm going to try my best to improve this.

~~

(These are regarding Forza Horizon. For Motorsport, see the Motorsport Forums for social information)

Here are the current social medias & information sources:

Discord - BRAND NEW. Discuss everything Forza
Forums - Week in Review, Blog, Discussions
Twitter - Short Summary, In-Game Assets/Visuals
Instagram - Short Summary, In-Game Assets/Visuals
Support Page - Helpful Articles
Support Page: Submit a Ticket - Bugs, Issues, Queries, Suggestions & Feedback
Mixer - Mixer Streams & VODs of the streams
Twitch - Twitch Streams
Youtube - YouTube streams, Trailers

~~

For any bugs/issue, please see our support page.

Please Note: Any posts which are not helpful or relating to the game directly, e.g "Fix the game" or "Why is xxx like xxx" will be edited and pointed to the support page or the appropriate discussion within this forum. This thread is about ideas for communication between developers & the players.

Thanks,
RetroKrystal

Edited by user Monday, March 11, 2019 4:04:04 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

RetroKrystal | Community Liaison for Playground Games | @_RetroKrystal | Mixer: RetroKrystal
#2 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2019 2:31:19 AM(UTC)
The only thing I'd suggest is putting the information Max provides on the forums into the game in information panels.

EDIT: I just realised a UI element I thought was just a flourish was actually A list of everything to earn each season.

An easy to access car checklist of all the cars in the game like in FM7 would be a great piece of information to have access to.

Otherwise, you guys do a great job of communicating everything I care about in FH4.

Edited by user Friday, January 25, 2019 2:57:17 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

AMD 2700X, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32gb DDR4 3400, Asus ROG Crosshair VII Hero, Samsung 950 Pro, Samsung 850 Evo.
 4 users liked this post.
#3 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2019 2:59:37 AM(UTC)
I would love to see more open communication to devs to players, good example abaout this was last stream that when tell that brake caliper paint option is not yet coming because it take so mutch work or how @JONK1969 tell us something here in forums, for example he's answer in series 5 update topic. And overall better communication what we may have see or may not see in future (instead of totally ignoring all questions or just saying that we cant say nothing because NDA)

Also would be more usefull if "known issues" would actually show all issues that is currently known. When i look known issues page right now it's look like "this game runs totally fine on my xbox and dont have any problems" but sadly that is not reality when actually playing the game.
 10 users liked this post.
#4 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2019 3:15:12 AM(UTC)
I would love to see some kind of roadmap about what is coming in a manageable time frame and which long-term aims are planned. Both for singleplayer and multiplayer. To this date I still don't know where you want to take "Online Adventure", "Rivals" or "Co-Op/PVP-Horizon Life Events". Maybe provide insight into features that are being worked on like "painting brake calipers" which turned out to be too time consuming (which is totally fine). I don't know how severe your NDA-policy is and what can be made public within the current restrictions but if it is too strictly maybe overthink it.

To quote a roadmap from a different company (Rockstar for RDR Online):

"More updates are coming soon including new Races and Showdown Modes and new clothing and emotes, as well as some additional changes based on player feedback including:

[Detailed list of features]

More to Come
We are working on lots of new content that we will be releasing this year. Just a few of the updates in the works are:

[A general scheme of what is being planned and where to take RDR Online]"

As I said above I don't know if something like this is currently doable for you but that's the way I would like to see. The place to provide this kind of information should be here, the streams and other social media (like reddit). T10 started this with FM7 with things like race regulations or experimental drag and I higly appreciated the open and honest approach.
 12 users liked this post.
#5 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2019 3:27:08 AM(UTC)
Streams are an annoying way to get information. I only catch useful info from them if it filters onto the board in a few useful seconds of reading rather than untold minutes of video blither.
Welcome to the Hyperbolic Whine Chamber. If you cry hard enough you might get your pouter level over 9000.
 2 users liked this post.
#6 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2019 3:35:10 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DELTAprime Go to Quoted Post
The only thing I'd suggest is putting the information Max provides on the forums into the game in information panels.

EDIT: I just realised a UI element I thought was just a flourish was actually A list of everything to earn each season.

An easy to access car checklist of all the cars in the game like in FM7 would be a great piece of information to have access to.

Otherwise, you guys do a great job of communicating everything I care about in FH4.

Max is just a Moderator here on the forums and therefore the only information he has gotten is from that in the game itself.
If he does receive information from elsewhere, I am unaware of this.

A car checklist is an interesting idea. The only problem is if there is anything we'd like to add but can't reveal yet. For example, Mitsubishi has only just been announced which meant I would have needed to add this then to a checklist which has most likely already been edited in the first place.
To fix this, maybe a virtual checklist would be ideal?

Originally Posted by: V12 SprungBoss Go to Quoted Post
Also would be more usefull if "known issues" would actually show all issues that is currently known. When i look known issues page right now it's look like "this game runs totally fine on my xbox and dont have any problems" but sadly that is not reality when actually playing the game.
If you're relating to Release Notes & Known Issues then you will need to speak to @NitroGlitter.

Although Known issues relates to the issues which we are currently working on rather than every single known issue mentioned on social media/the forums.

Originally Posted by: Rayne SE Go to Quoted Post
I would love to see some kind of roadmap about what is coming in a manageable time frame and which long-term aims are planned. Both for singleplayer and multiplayer. To this date I still don't know where you want to take "Online Adventure", "Rivals" or "Co-Op/PVP-Horizon Life Events". Maybe provide insight into features that are being worked on like "painting brake calipers" which turned out to be too time consuming (which is totally fine).

It's great that you've mentioned this. I'm currently in discussion about roadmap(s) (one of the reason why I started this thread) and would be interested in the thoughts. So thank you for the feedback

Edited by user Friday, January 25, 2019 3:36:41 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

RetroKrystal | Community Liaison for Playground Games | @_RetroKrystal | Mixer: RetroKrystal
#7 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2019 3:36:00 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Ti Hsien Go to Quoted Post
Streams are an annoying way to get information. I only catch useful info from them if it filters onto the board in a few useful seconds of reading rather than untold minutes of video blither.

What would you advise instead?

Edited by user Friday, January 25, 2019 3:37:21 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users liked this post.
#8 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2019 3:44:20 AM(UTC)
Just wanted to say that, while there are some things to improve upon (not to mention dealing with entitled people who demand silly things), you're doing a solid job keeping things boiling Krystal.
 4 users liked this post.
#9 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2019 3:56:30 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RetroKrystal Go to Quoted Post
[quote=DELTAprime;1047265

A car checklist is an interesting idea. The only problem is if there is anything we'd like to add but can't reveal yet. For example, Mitsubishi has only just been announced which meant I would have needed to add this then to a checklist which has most likely already been edited in the first place.
To fix this, maybe a virtual checklist would be ideal?

I don't know if you ever get to play FM7 since you're on the Horizon team but there is a checklist like function in the main menu UI called "car collection". They update it with patches, so it doesn't reveal cars that T10 doesn't want people to know about. I use the FM7 list to see what's been added by the T10 team. For someone like me that cares about the cars, it's a great little piece of communication about what to keep an eye out for, even if they don't think of it specifically as a communication function.
AMD 2700X, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32gb DDR4 3400, Asus ROG Crosshair VII Hero, Samsung 950 Pro, Samsung 850 Evo.
 13 users liked this post.
#10 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2019 4:04:56 AM(UTC)

A lot of people seem to like the streams, so I wouldn't suggest an "instead". It'd be nice if key points were more reliably filtered to the boards in easily digestible text, though.
Welcome to the Hyperbolic Whine Chamber. If you cry hard enough you might get your pouter level over 9000.
 2 users liked this post.
#11 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2019 5:05:26 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: V12 SprungBoss Go to Quoted Post
I would love to see more open communication to devs to players, good example abaout this was last stream that when tell that brake caliper paint option is not yet coming because it take so mutch work or how @JONK1969 tell us something here in forums, for example he's answer in series 5 update topic. And overall better communication what we may have see or may not see in future (instead of totally ignoring all questions or just saying that we cant say nothing because NDA)

I have never seen a dev post on these forums myself tho I'm sure they exist but with other games (WoW being the one to come to mind) when dev posted in a thread it noted by changing color that a dev had responded by changing title to blue or such. That would be nice as you'd see threads with a dev response and not have to go thru pages of posts.
 8 users liked this post.
#12 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2019 5:05:26 AM(UTC)

A lot of people seem to like the streams, so I wouldn't suggest an "instead". It'd be nice if key points were more reliably filtered to the boards in easily digestible text, though.
I am in total agreement. I do not have time to sit through the streams. A digest version of the information presented in the streams posted in these forums would be greatly appreciated by some of us.

1 user liked this post.
#13 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2019 5:15:27 AM(UTC)
Well, I have come back after a lovely Personal message from RetroKrystal which has really made My Day :)

I tend to watch the Streams on Playback, so I can skip to the Relevant Parts, such as updates to the Games Storage Database, Updates to Route Creator, new Blueprint Features and/or Route Editor Updates, Etc, and skip the inevitable "bumf" that comes when things are live and Unscripted due to how Easy it is for Us Humans to get Distracted and fly off at a Tangent.

So I do agree with a lot of users, however, that a Digest of the Really Important information Given on the Streams in the form of an Edited Note, like Nitro-Glitter's patch Notes, here on the Community Pages would be Most Welcomed :)

On the "Car Collection" Checklist people have Mentioned, I remember Horizon 2 and 3 had something like it with "Promo Mode" where you could see which Cars you had taken Photos of, and the List would also show you what Cars were in your Garage and which ones Were Not, it was a bit flawed, as it also showed the Traffic Cars... but it was a good way to check up on Your Car Collection IMO, So I think bringing back something similar to the Promo Mode List, but just for Player Cars , under a "Car Checklist" tile (maybe by using the same "List" as you get in Blueprint Mode when you decide to manually chose the Cars you want to be Eligible for Your race from the Games entire Collection, as that updates with patches, and, despite the odd Error, such as accidentally listing Cars such as the Austin FX4 "HS" , does a Pretty good Job of keeping *Most* of the Forthcoming Cars a Secret!) in the "Cars" Tab in the Pause Menu, might be a good way to bring in a sort of Car Collection Checklist system like People Want :)

Edited by user Friday, January 25, 2019 5:19:03 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

4 users liked this post.
#14 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2019 5:35:54 AM(UTC)
in regards to tickets, there should be status updates throughout the life of a ticket. an example of ticket status could be: identified, investigating, cause identified, fix determined, fix implementation date, and resolution/closure.

there also needs to be better communication as people are left hanging for long periods of time without any indication of ticket progress. a good example is the ongoing fh4 daily messages/payouts not being received. we know its in investigating but its been two months now. no word. some people have gotten their tickets closed but problem is not resolved. this is not correct for a ticket system . no ticket closure unless resolved and communication needed throughout the process. thx retrokrystal ;)

Edited by user Friday, January 25, 2019 5:39:32 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#15 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2019 5:51:51 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: LAZARUSceelai Go to Quoted Post
Just wanted to say that, while there are some things to improve upon (not to mention dealing with entitled people who demand silly things), you're doing a solid job keeping things boiling Krystal.
Honestly, I'm not too sure what "Keeping things boiling" means but I'll take it as a good thing

Originally Posted by: DELTAprime Go to Quoted Post
I don't know if you ever get to play FM7 since you're on the Horizon team but there is a checklist like function in the main menu UI called "car collection". They update it with patches, so it doesn't reveal cars that T10 doesn't want people to know about. I use the FM7 list to see what's been added by the T10 team. For someone like me that cares about the cars, it's a great little piece of communication about what to keep an eye out for, even if they don't think of it specifically as a communication function.

Ahh you were referring to an in-game checklist. I was visioning this as a social checklist for the forums/social media.
This thread is for discussion on a social and forum base than in-game.

Originally Posted by: luckeydoug1 Go to Quoted Post
I am in total agreement. I do not have time to sit through the streams. A digest version of the information presented in the streams posted in these forums would be greatly appreciated by some of us.
This is a good idea. I did look into doing this recently but it crossed over slightly with this thread. However, I'll look into doing a stream specific/only thread.

Originally Posted by: Grim Kidaver Go to Quoted Post
I have never seen a dev post on these forums myself tho I'm sure they exist but with other games (WoW being the one to come to mind) when dev posted in a thread it noted by changing color that a dev had responded by changing title to blue or such. That would be nice as you'd see threads with a dev response and not have to go thru pages of posts.

My posts are usually have an orange border.
Although this doesn't differentiate me from the Moderators so maybe this is something I could look into this with Turn10/the team that designs and organises the forums

Originally Posted by: King Cobra Mi6 Go to Quoted Post
So I think bringing back something similar to the Promo Mode List, but just for Player Cars , under a "Car Checklist" tile (maybe by using the same "List" as you get in Blueprint Mode when you decide to manually chose the Cars you want to be Eligible for Your race from the Games entire Collection, as that updates with patches, and, despite the odd Error, such as accidentally listing Cars such as the Austin FX4 "HS" , does a Pretty good Job of keeping *Most* of the Forthcoming Cars a Secret!) in the "Cars" Tab in the Pause Menu, might be a good way to bring in a sort of Car Collection Checklist system like People Want :)

This thread is for ideas regarding a social manor, rather than in-game. But see my response to @DELTAprime.
A checklist is still an interesting thought that we could transfer to a social asset

Originally Posted by: haulmarc Go to Quoted Post
in regards to tickets..

I'm going to stop you there. Everything support page/ticket related needs to be messaged to @NitroGlitter as feedback.

4 users liked this post.
#16 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2019 6:16:57 AM(UTC)
I suggest doing some polls, so everybody, including you, can see what the the community thinks about a topic. I know it doesnt represent all players, but a thread where one community member says he wants something and another says he doesnt, is very unproductive, and you get no information about what the community really thinks as a whole
 3 users liked this post.
#17 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2019 6:24:35 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: QuadratHund8308 Go to Quoted Post
I suggest doing some polls, so everybody, including you, can see what the the community thinks about a topic. I know it doesnt represent all players, but a thread where one community member says he wants something and another says he doesnt, is very unproductive, and you get no information about what the community really thinks as a whole

This is a good idea, thanks!
#18 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2019 6:47:23 AM(UTC)
Krystal, I think the team has its hands full when it comes to disclosing information. As much as we'd like to know everything about the inner workings of the game and its support, it's just not feasible to talk about things such as car licenses or the specifics of bugs and glitches.

The communication has been good so far, the only thing I'd appreciate is a summary of the streams in case I miss them (which is often). Sometimes we have to wait until Max or some other mod finishes going through the whole thing and summarizes it for us, which takes more time than necessary.

Another issue I'm having with the streams is that it doesn't make much sense for the Playground team to have a Forza Horizon stream right before the #ForzaMonthly stream. In the last update we had a whole hour dedicated to FH4, then when #ForzaMonthly started we had Brian going through details of the FH4's update yet again, details which had been shown in the Forza Horizon stream less than an hour prior. It was especially bothersome, especially for players who were waiting for news on Forza Motorsport 7 and had to wait around 20 minutes for the part of the stream that mostly interested them.

Of course, there's stuff you have no control over, no matter what. When the 992 Carrera S was shown in the thumbnail of the #ForzaMonthly stream, people assumed it was going to feature in FM7 as well as in FH4. However, nowhere was it ever said the car would come to FM7. People just assumed that it would be the spotlight car in FM7 because it was in the thumbnail of a stream that would go into FM7 in detail, and because other spotlight cars had been in the thumbnail before. How do you deal with a fanbase that fabricates rumors based purely on false patterns, guesses and wishful thinking? I have no idea, but perhaps it would be nice to have an FH4 show, an FM7 show and then a shorter #ForzaMonthly summarizing the contents of both, perhaps a couple days later.

(also, I think I'm banned from the Forza channel on Mixer and I have no idea why)
R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
 1 user liked this post.
#19 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2019 7:22:21 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NightDriver7800 Go to Quoted Post
Krystal, I think the team has its hands full when it comes to disclosing information. As much as we'd like to know everything about the inner workings of the game and its support, it's just not feasible to talk about things such as car licenses or the specifics of bugs and glitches.

The communication has been good so far, the only thing I'd appreciate is a summary of the streams in case I miss them (which is often). Sometimes we have to wait until Max or some other mod finishes going through the whole thing and summarizes it for us, which takes more time than necessary.

Another issue I'm having with the streams is that it doesn't make much sense for the Playground team to have a Forza Horizon stream right before the #ForzaMonthly stream. In the last update we had a whole hour dedicated to FH4, then when #ForzaMonthly started we had Brian going through details of the FH4's update yet again, details which had been shown in the Forza Horizon stream less than an hour prior. It was especially bothersome, especially for players who were waiting for news on Forza Motorsport 7 and had to wait around 20 minutes for the part of the stream that mostly interested them.

Of course, there's stuff you have no control over, no matter what. When the 992 Carrera S was shown in the thumbnail of the #ForzaMonthly stream, people assumed it was going to feature in FM7 as well as in FH4. However, nowhere was it ever said the car would come to FM7. People just assumed that it would be the spotlight car in FM7 because it was in the thumbnail of a stream that would go into FM7 in detail, and because other spotlight cars had been in the thumbnail before. How do you deal with a fanbase that fabricates rumors based purely on false patterns, guesses and wishful thinking? I have no idea, but perhaps it would be nice to have an FH4 show, an FM7 show and then a shorter #ForzaMonthly summarizing the contents of both, perhaps a couple days later.

(also, I think I'm banned from the Forza channel on Mixer and I have no idea why)

I'm not a Moderator, I work for Playground Games as their Community Liaison. I work alongside the Horizon team and when I refer to information it will either be approved information that I have discussed thoroughly with the team or all information posted is accessible information that you will be able to find out about either on our other social medias or streams which is then transferred onto here to ensure that all aspects of our audience are reached.

The difference between the PG streams and #ForzaMonthly is that ForzaMonthly is planned by Turn10 and therefore in America whereas PlaygroundGames is based in the UK. There is quite a time zone difference and this can be a struggle. Whilst PG work on Horizon, Turn10 work mainly on Motorsport and this is the reason why their stream are prominently toward Motorsport with sometimes the mention of Horizon, especially if one of the PG team are over in Seattle for #ForzaMonthly. It's also the reason for the repeat or crossover information, so that it covers as many time zones and audience as possible. Any further discussion regarding Motorsport or Forza Monthly is best directed at the Turn10 team.

Edited by user Friday, January 25, 2019 7:23:29 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

14 users liked this post.
#20 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2019 7:55:46 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NightDriver7800 Go to Quoted Post

I think I would categorize this observation, which is mentioned with each stream, as the double edge sword of using video to make announcements. Or further, isolating announcements to one but not all media channels. Although video is great for providing context to an announcement, users have to sit through an hour or more waiting to catch one brief statement on an issue of interest. Video can't be searched for phrases like text can, which means it's not a substitute for printed announcements. I've toyed with running the VODs through voice recognition software to create a transcript but haven't experimented enough with it.

What I would suggest is that if you know which details you'll confirm/announce during an Update preview livestream, that you write up a Release Notes version of the bullet points and post them on the forums the moment the video goes live. Simultaneous posting, or even advance posting as NitroGlitter has started doing with Release Notes is important to mitigate confusion about what the viewers believe they heard during a livestream.

That brings up a broader point which I've advocated for years: that the staff liaison should be the one to start threads on each topic of game elements to get the discussion going. "Today at E3 we announced [Drone Mode, garage sorting/filtering, Auction House time/price limits] will be in the game, and here's how that feature works." Starting a thread with official information reduces the chances that a user paraphrases it incorrectly, and provides a reference point for the community down the line.

1 user liked this post.
#21 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2019 8:05:26 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post
What I would suggest is that if you know which details you'll confirm/announce during an Update preview livestream, that you write up a Release Notes version of the bullet points and post them on the forums the moment the video goes live. Simultaneous posting, or even advance posting as NitroGlitter has started doing with Release Notes is important to mitigate confusion about what the viewers believe they heard during a livestream.

I planned on doing this, as you saw, but changed my mind and deleted the thread under your request.

Moving forward and under the requests of this thread & other forum posts, I plan to bring my post back forward but with a slightly different form. In terms of announcing details pre-stream, this is easier said than done due to the information which changes literally moments before a stream. Think of it as a Plan A & Plan B, we prepare for both but don't necessarily know which is going Live until seconds before the camera is rolling. E.g there was certain information we held back last stream alongside some which we moved forward & was able to talk about.
However, I'm more than happy to write up information the day after (So that I can then link the VOD & any further assets/media revealed that evening) as I originally planned to.
 3 users liked this post.
#22 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2019 8:19:50 AM(UTC)
How about adding those posts to the News/livestreams thread?

Having some input from the community about which threads and which types of topics they think should be pinned to the top of the forum might be helpful here.

Edited by user Friday, January 25, 2019 8:22:55 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#23 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2019 8:25:26 AM(UTC)
A list of bug fixes in the works would be something. I am never sure if anyone is listening.
#24 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2019 8:28:20 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: AquaPainter168 Go to Quoted Post
A list of bug fixes in the works would be something. I am never sure if anyone is listening.

You can find all Release Notes & Known Issues (e.g bugs) here

Edited by user Friday, January 25, 2019 8:29:54 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

4 users liked this post.
#25 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2019 8:28:51 AM(UTC)

I've only watched one stream and it seemed mostly about cheerleading and back patting. The last thing I want to see in a stream is a bunch of self-congratulatory-we're-so-awesome dev speak after FH4 destroyed multiplayer and rivals, the things I loved most about previous Horizons.

The stream I watched also didn't seem to be well-planned or well-structured. Take an example from your local nightly news, where the show is segmented into national happenings, local happenings, weather, sports, etc. If streams were segmented into clearly discernible topics they would be more likely to provide useful information instead of aimless marketing drivel. Try segments like "What's Happened In Horizon So Far" and "What's Coming Really Soon" and " What's Coming Eventually" and "Cool Things You Can Do In Your Car That You Might Not Know About" and "Problems We Know You're Having That We Hate Too and That We're Trying to Fix" and "Gameplay Changes We're Considering" and etc, etc, etc,

Then, put a transcript or summary of each segment on this forum that we can read.
18 Pages123>>Next

Notification

Icon
Error