109 Pages<<9596979899>>PrevNext
Rank: A-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#2401 Posted : Thursday, August 13, 2020 1:39:38 AM(UTC)
Yeah, I really hope that they do something about rammers in FH5. It’s such a shame bad driving/cheating isn’t penalised.

I was messing around in Team last night and experimenting with the Monaco KC in an S1 Road adventure. At various points in the three races, I got deliberately ran off the road by no less than 5 of the 6 opposition players. Twice they succeeded in knocking me off on the finishing straights for the races as I was accelerating past them (both times I assumed the speed diff was sufficient to ghost them and it wasn’t!). Whilst no points were lost (as it was TA), it did just show the problems even much slower drivers can cause with a deliberate ramming policy.
Rank: Driver's Permit
#2402 Posted : Thursday, August 13, 2020 3:56:23 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DaReoCharmer Go to Quoted Post
Just about done with this game. I lost 50 in a single lobby because of constant dirty driving. They never wanna let faster people pass so they'll knock you outside the flag. It's not fair to us who go out of our way to be clean. Finished 4th overall because it happened in the last race and caused me to finish dead last. Just like my patience ran out with eliminator, it's about to run out with this. I'm literally about to buy ANY other game than deal with this.


Why do you even bother with ranked at this point? Just join the Team Wars server and participate in actually fair and clean races that are also competitive and have most of the meta cars banned. Ranked is a joke simply because rammers get rewarded for dirty driving and clean racers get screwed over. :(

Edited by user Thursday, August 13, 2020 11:07:15 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: C-Class Racing License
#2403 Posted : Thursday, August 13, 2020 6:15:24 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DaReoCharmer Go to Quoted Post
Just about done with this game. I lost 50 in a single lobby because of constant dirty driving. They never wanna let faster people pass so they'll knock you outside the flag. It's not fair to us who go out of our way to be clean. Finished 4th overall because it happened in the last race and caused me to finish dead last. Just like my patience ran out with eliminator, it's about to run out with this. I'm literally about to buy ANY other game than deal with this.


See you tomorrow.
Rank: D-Class Racing License
#2404 Posted : Thursday, August 13, 2020 9:44:25 AM(UTC)
The answer in ramming is simple : custom public lobbies like in FM2 and FM4.
Rank: S-Class Racing License
#2405 Posted : Thursday, August 13, 2020 10:32:37 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RashestQuasar99 Go to Quoted Post
The answer in ramming is simple : custom public lobbies like in FM2 and FM4.


That would not be a solution for ranked.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#2406 Posted : Friday, August 14, 2020 3:41:32 AM(UTC)
2 back to back disconnects this morning for -178

*sigh* I hate this game
Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track.

FH4 and I have a volatile love/hate relationship 😑
Rank: Driver's Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#2407 Posted : Friday, August 14, 2020 3:54:40 AM(UTC)
Don't worry, you'll only need to win 20 adventures in a row to get those points back. Lmao rip
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#2408 Posted : Friday, August 14, 2020 8:59:42 AM(UTC)
So sorry to hear that DRC. That’s cruel. I hope it doesn’t take too long to get them back, if you decide it is worth trying to do so.
Rank: Driver's Permit
#2409 Posted : Saturday, August 15, 2020 11:16:39 AM(UTC)
Some thoughts I had the other day...

So, what if there were Ranked/unranked Solo Playground Games Adventure... I personally think this would be a great addition (or replacement for the awful Team Playground Games) to the adventure line up. Think of all the positives this could bring;

-Shorter Wait Times
I'm not new to Ranked PG so I knew all of its quirks, and the main reason most people tend to stray away from it, is those terrible wait times to find a game. Games have taken upwards of 45 minutes to be found in my experience, whether that includes the leader finding a session and the rest of the convoy not getting the option to join or not, it is extremely frustrating. Especially considering almost all the players will leave half way through the match by the time it does start. Solo PG could totally get rid of this (for the most part at least), look how much faster Free For All adventures are found! This would definitely bring more players to the Ranked PG scene.

-Points System Would Actually Work
Another horrible horrible thing with Ranked Team PG is the points system. Every single game you play at least one player will rage quit out of frustration, or who knows why, causing the last 1 hour of your life to become completely pointless (pun intended ;) ). Again looking at Free For All adventure and how the points system works for the most part, very well. This could be the same with Ranked PG

-More Opportunities to Show Your True Skill
Another issue with Team PG is the constant blaming of teammates for losses. Now whether the blame can really be placed on your teammates or not, Solo PG would totally eliminate any of this as its everyone for them self (again, like Free For All). With Solo PG, players could show their true skill and really show why their 1-23 Team PG record was only because of poor teammates.

-AGAIN JUST LOOK AT FREE FOR ALL RACING
There's a reason Free for All racing is the most popular ranked adventure, because it has all of these positives already! Players don't need to rely on teammates, they actually gain points for winning, and they don't have to wait half a year for a session to be found. All of these could easily be brought over to the PG scene by creating a Ranked Solo PG adventure.

Come on guys, there is already Solo PG options for convoy and free roam play, so whats the hold up?? Make a ranked version already!!

I know no one will see this or even put it into consideration, because that's how this forum works. But if you did see it, thanks for reading, hopefully you agree!

-Panda
Rank: Driver's Permit
#2410 Posted : Saturday, August 15, 2020 11:18:40 AM(UTC)
Some thoughts I had the other day...

So, what if there were Ranked/unranked Solo Playground Games Adventure... I personally think this would be a great addition (or replacement for the awful Team Playground Games) to the adventure line up. Think of all the positives this could bring;

-Shorter Wait Times
I'm not new to Ranked PG so I knew all of its quirks, and the main reason most people tend to stray away from it, is those terrible wait times to find a game. Games have taken upwards of 45 minutes to be found in my experience, whether that includes the leader finding a session and the rest of the convoy not getting the option to join or not, it is extremely frustrating. Especially considering almost all the players will leave half way through the match by the time it does start. Solo PG could totally get rid of this (for the most part at least), look how much faster Free For All adventures are found! This would definitely bring more players to the Ranked PG scene.

-Points System Would Actually Work
Another horrible horrible thing with Ranked Team PG is the points system. Every single game you play at least one player will rage quit out of frustration, or who knows why, causing the last 1 hour of your life to become completely pointless (pun intended ;) ). Again looking at Free For All adventure and how the points system works for the most part, very well. This could be the same with Ranked PG

-More Opportunities to Show Your True Skill
Another issue with Team PG is the constant blaming of teammates for losses. Now whether the blame can really be placed on your teammates or not, Solo PG would totally eliminate any of this as its everyone for them self (again, like Free For All). With Solo PG, players could show their true skill and really show why their 1-23 Team PG record was only because of poor teammates.

-AGAIN JUST LOOK AT FREE FOR ALL RACING
There's a reason Free for All racing is the most popular ranked adventure, because it has all of these positives already! Players don't need to rely on teammates, they actually gain points for winning, and they don't have to wait half a year for a session to be found. All of these could easily be brought over to the PG scene by creating a Ranked Solo PG adventure.

Come on guys, there is already Solo PG options for convoy and free roam play, so whats the hold up?? Make a ranked version already!!

I know no one will see this or even put it into consideration, because that's how this forum works. But if you did see it, if you did take the time to read my thoughts, thanks, and hopefully you agree!

-Panda
Rank: C-Class Racing License
#2411 Posted : Saturday, August 15, 2020 12:13:50 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ClassyPanda039 Go to Quoted Post
Some thoughts I had the other day...

So, what if there were Ranked/unranked Solo Playground Games Adventure... I personally think this would be a great addition (or replacement for the awful Team Playground Games) to the adventure line up. Think of all the positives this could bring;

-Shorter Wait Times
I'm not new to Ranked PG so I knew all of its quirks, and the main reason most people tend to stray away from it, is those terrible wait times to find a game. Games have taken upwards of 45 minutes to be found in my experience, whether that includes the leader finding a session and the rest of the convoy not getting the option to join or not, it is extremely frustrating. Especially considering almost all the players will leave half way through the match by the time it does start. Solo PG could totally get rid of this (for the most part at least), look how much faster Free For All adventures are found! This would definitely bring more players to the Ranked PG scene.

-Points System Would Actually Work
Another horrible horrible thing with Ranked Team PG is the points system. Every single game you play at least one player will rage quit out of frustration, or who knows why, causing the last 1 hour of your life to become completely pointless (pun intended ;) ). Again looking at Free For All adventure and how the points system works for the most part, very well. This could be the same with Ranked PG

-More Opportunities to Show Your True Skill
Another issue with Team PG is the constant blaming of teammates for losses. Now whether the blame can really be placed on your teammates or not, Solo PG would totally eliminate any of this as its everyone for them self (again, like Free For All). With Solo PG, players could show their true skill and really show why their 1-23 Team PG record was only because of poor teammates.

-AGAIN JUST LOOK AT FREE FOR ALL RACING
There's a reason Free for All racing is the most popular ranked adventure, because it has all of these positives already! Players don't need to rely on teammates, they actually gain points for winning, and they don't have to wait half a year for a session to be found. All of these could easily be brought over to the PG scene by creating a Ranked Solo PG adventure.

Come on guys, there is already Solo PG options for convoy and free roam play, so whats the hold up?? Make a ranked version already!!

I know no one will see this or even put it into consideration, because that's how this forum works. But if you did see it, if you did take the time to read my thoughts, thanks, and hopefully you agree!

-Panda


Though there was no ranks both the 360 Horizon's had this option of solo games if I remember right.

I actually hope I'm wrong though, FH4 shouldn't be getting outdone on anything by the worst game in the series by far (FH2 on the 360).
Rank: A-Class Racing License
 2 users liked this post.
#2412 Posted : Saturday, August 15, 2020 1:59:16 PM(UTC)
I think you have too high an opinion of the FFA points system 😄. My points this evening:

2nd - -12 (winner managed to block me off repeatedly in the last race and I lost by less than 0.1 seconds).

1st - +1
1st - +1
1st - -1
1st - 0
1st - 0
1st - -1

So 6 wins and a 2nd for -12 points. Seems a pretty solid system 👍.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#2413 Posted : Sunday, August 16, 2020 5:07:47 AM(UTC)
Just to complete my annoyance at the points system last night, my next race after the above was against a very good League 4 who started at least 4 places ahead of me in all three races. Needless to say I lost another 7 points for that one.

Have just got 9 points back though as I just about held on for a win against two League 2s by sneakily using the 340r.
Rank: S-Class Racing License
#2414 Posted : Sunday, August 16, 2020 9:07:36 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post
Just to complete my annoyance at the points system last night, my next race after the above was against a very good League 4 who started at least 4 places ahead of me in all three races. Needless to say I lost another 7 points for that one.

Have just got 9 points back though as I just about held on for a win against two League 2s by sneakily using the 340r.


"Beat the opposition with this sneaky trick! Here's how" (click)

Is there something I should know about the 340r?

I was going to play some ranked today but this morning my wireless controller on Windows started throwing a wobbler, disconnecting frequently. Thankfully I noticed this while I was doing some painting offline so no harm was done except for spending hours googling instead of playing... and what I learned was that the Xbox One bluetooth controller on Windows has been plagued with inexplicable disconnects dating back to at least 2017. Microsoft's own forums are full of tales of woe, with the Microsoft 'experts' just copying and pasting cookie-cutter advice which never works, and then marking it as 'closed' (sound familiar?)

I've played unranked FFA for a few hours now and it's been fine, so I am going to tentatively play some ranked... suffice to say, if it disconnects during a race I can probably assume to lose a large number of points, even if I do manage to resync it again a few seconds later (which isn't guaranteed, it can take a minute sometimes if it really throws a strop).

Somehow Microsoft can't make their own operating system and their own hardware play well together. And their own MVPs don't know the answers beyond generic stuff like 'reinstall the drivers'. Great.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#2415 Posted : Sunday, August 16, 2020 9:27:37 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post
Just to complete my annoyance at the points system last night, my next race after the above was against a very good League 4 who started at least 4 places ahead of me in all three races. Needless to say I lost another 7 points for that one.

Have just got 9 points back though as I just about held on for a win against two League 2s by sneakily using the 340r.


"Beat the opposition with this sneaky trick! Here's how" (click)

Is there something I should know about the 340r?


Only that it’s a handling beast but no one ever uses it because of its low top speed. The first two courses were Broadway Circuit and Ambleside Sprint, so I took a risk that I could hold on against meta despite the last course being more speed based.

Rank: S-Class Racing License
#2416 Posted : Sunday, August 16, 2020 10:05:47 AM(UTC)
I see, I just tried it in unranked summer and won the four races I did but yeah I see the times I did on the sprints would be hopeless against good opposition. Horizon circuit was a competitive time though.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#2417 Posted : Sunday, August 16, 2020 4:22:00 PM(UTC)
I think I’m going to give up on getting to 4850. This game is just a joke. Appreciate it’s nowhere near as bad as DRC’s issues but I just had a random d/c which cost me 40 points - I’d won the first race easily against a decent field before getting d/ced as well. Given that’s probably 20 straight wins to recover, I’m not sure I can be bothered.
Rank: S-Class Racing License
#2418 Posted : Monday, August 17, 2020 12:18:39 AM(UTC)
Sorry to hear that Jezza, this game is very cruel! 😔

Can anyone remind me how the points system works exactly? I just had two S1 adventures back to back which were pretty weak lobbies except for one very fast league 6 player. Anyway I came 2nd to him in the first (street) and lost 14 points, he gained 21. In the next road adventure I won but he quit or was disconnected during the final race which I only needed to finish 2nd anyway, which was a formality. So for beating him I got +3.

I am wondering if I would have got more than +3 if he hadn't left during the final race, or not?

(edit - I see he lost 43 points for leaving early.)

Edited by user Monday, August 17, 2020 12:39:19 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: A-Class Racing License
#2419 Posted : Monday, August 17, 2020 2:33:18 AM(UTC)
It isn’t clear how the points work if someone drops out. I’m pretty sure you don’t get any points for beating someone who drops out in the first race but I think you might still get credit for beating them if they leave later on. I’ve never had a situation where it was so clear cut that I could be certain though.
Rank: Racing Permit
#2420 Posted : Monday, August 17, 2020 7:48:46 AM(UTC)
I'm pretty sure I've had a high-ish rated player drop out last minute and received a +0. So I think players who drop out don't count at all.
Rank: S-Class Racing License
#2421 Posted : Monday, August 17, 2020 8:25:08 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: x Mr Manager x Go to Quoted Post
I'm pretty sure I've had a high-ish rated player drop out last minute and received a +0. So I think players who drop out don't count at all.


I suspect that is indeed the case. I really hope it isn't though because it doesn't seem fair at all.

This was the adventure where I got +3, including the final race with the player who dropped out, who was fast (ignore his lap time, he didn't complete his 2nd lap) and won all 3 races in our previous encounter. Hard to draw any firm conclusions as two are unranked though.





Rank: S-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#2422 Posted : Monday, August 17, 2020 11:11:35 AM(UTC)
Just got -3 for coming 2nd to JumpyArdvark, I've played him a few times today and wish he'd go away 😅 I can't quite compete with times like his 2:02.8 on Derwent Lakeside sprint.

Other than that I've had a good run and am nearly back to 4500 again.

edit - 4501 tonight. It's taken 14 adventures to get 36 points today...

1st, +0
2nd, -14
1st, +3
1st, +2
1st, +9
1st, +1
2nd, +3
2nd, -4
2nd, +6
1st, +12
2nd, +0
1st, +13
2nd, -3 (2nd to JumpyArdvark in a weak lobby)
1st, +8

Edited by user Monday, August 17, 2020 2:05:10 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: A-Class Racing License
#2423 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2020 2:54:54 AM(UTC)
Great progress FN 👍. I’d like to go back to the days when I could get +36 points in just 14 adventures 😅.
Rank: S-Class Racing License
#2424 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2020 4:38:32 AM(UTC)
I had a closer look at the distribution of the ranks and it's no wonder we find it harder to progress as we climb higher... it gets like climbing a vertical mountain with our bare hands, with the people above us kicking us in the head and the people below pulling at our ankles...





Whether that's how a well-designed ranking system works, I don't know enough about statistics to say. I would have thought that the number of players league 5 and above should be closer to top 25% than 2% though.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#2425 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2020 4:54:49 AM(UTC)
You can add a level because 4750 Is technically League 1 (although it shows as GM on the leaderboard). 4850 is the true GM level.

As you say though, the distribution isn’t right. I can see you would want it to narrow at the top, rather than be even throughout, but 2% at League 5 or above isn’t right. I’d have thought 10-15% at League 5, tapering down for the higher rankswould make sense. Note that as a League 1, I seem to get 1 or 2 points for beating a League 5 (if everyone else is lower ranked) - so 1 or 2 points for beating one of the top 500 in the world.
109 Pages<<9596979899>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error