110 Pages<<9495969798>>PrevNext
#2376 Posted : Monday, August 10, 2020 10:08:05 AM(UTC)
^ just tried again then, I didn't try to join a freeroam session first but just tried to join a ranked match from solo mode (which normally is allowed).

After 10 seconds or so each time I just got the same error, unable to join a session. Tried 3 times and the same.
#2377 Posted : Monday, August 10, 2020 10:29:53 AM(UTC)
Hmm, still working fine for me.

Oh good, a 12 person dirt event where the highest ranked player is League 11. This feels like it’s going to be a fairly pointless waste of my time with the probable “reward” of -1 point. It’s also the Highland, Greendale etc adventure again (3rd time in 8 adventures), this time in S1.

Edit - one of the unrankeds must have been ok as I got +1. May also be the first time I’ve ever seen a dirt race finish with all 12 players still in. Also managed a 10th at the second Freeroam as the game fooled me by having me facing the opposite way to normal and then flipped me to rub it in.

Edited by user Monday, August 10, 2020 11:03:24 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2378 Posted : Tuesday, August 11, 2020 4:27:54 AM(UTC)
A certain 1% player for some reason blatantly knocked me out of a checkpoint just now in race 2 of 3 and I would have finished the adventure 3rd in an otherwise weak lobby and lost a ton of points. But he redeemed himself by slowing down in the final stretch of the Colossus to let me win the last race and finish the adventure 2nd. If he reads this, I appreciate the sportsmanship. I assume it was probably a mistake previously as I don't think I'd done anything to provoke him.

edit - had the same sort of lobby and 1% player in the following adventure too, because so few people play this mode. Lost 5 points for finishing 2nd again. He gained +2 for beating me. Well I'm glad I was of use then /s (This player is one of the top 10 GMs.)

Edited by user Tuesday, August 11, 2020 4:51:25 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2379 Posted : Tuesday, August 11, 2020 5:53:38 AM(UTC)
I think you can name them FN! I don’t think we are prevented from sharing good stories about someone. All the 1% guys always seem very fair, so I’d have thought it must have been an accident or desync but good on them for also making it right in the last race.
#2380 Posted : Tuesday, August 11, 2020 6:09:38 AM(UTC)
Okay it was JumpyArdvark. Imagine being in a weak lobby and having to beat him not to lose points, then imagine having this lobby twice in a row...

(the aforementioned Colossus adventure was A class, I'd brought a Nova FE but he had a jet-powered Dodge Dart so I realised immediately that beating him was literally impossible, not just me but anybody in my car.)

Edited by user Tuesday, August 11, 2020 6:12:49 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2381 Posted : Tuesday, August 11, 2020 6:51:40 AM(UTC)
Presume that’s the Elmsdon, Greendale adventure? Very hard to beat someone good driving RWD on that one.
#2382 Posted : Tuesday, August 11, 2020 7:12:26 AM(UTC)
Exactly. And he put me out of a checkpoint on Greendale on the 2nd lap when I was leading (because he started last and me first IIRC) and I knew he would zoom past me on the long straight so there was no reason for him to do a lunge in the corners but he did and I ended up last or near last, and finished 5th or something (the lobby was weak but not so weak you could come from a standstill and catch and pass everyone in the remaining 1.5 laps). But I looked at the video again and he was probably just taking a better line, and not expecting me to be where I was.

I've just had him again but thankfully there was another gold ranked player so I wasn't punished for not winning the adventure this time!

#2383 Posted : Tuesday, August 11, 2020 7:19:11 AM(UTC)
Do you not use rewind FN? It’s much quicker to hit rewind immediately you miss a checkpoint - not least as it avoids the problem of getting back up to speed again.
#2384 Posted : Tuesday, August 11, 2020 7:21:15 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post
Okay it was JumpyArdvark. Imagine being in a weak lobby and having to beat him not to lose points, then imagine having this lobby twice in a row...

(the aforementioned Colossus adventure was A class, I'd brought a Nova FE but he had a jet-powered Dodge Dart so I realised immediately that beating him was literally impossible, not just me but anybody in my car.)

I also had him cost me points in a Cross Country winter room. I was set to finish 2nd overall, he plows into at a checkpoint, sending me into last place and I ended up losing rank in that room. Happened on the last race too. I don't trust anyone ranked as high as us to be fair on every event. People get desperate. He would have finished under me and Eqzuite but instead he got 2nd and I got 6th
Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track.

FH4 and I have a volatile love/hate relationship 😑
#2385 Posted : Tuesday, August 11, 2020 7:21:48 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post
Do you not use rewind FN? It’s much quicker to hit rewind immediately you miss a checkpoint - not least as it avoids the problem of getting back up to speed again.

Not as a rule because I've accidentally pressed it in a race a few times before which is usually fatal. I noticed I had it on in one of my videos but that was only because I'd used it offline for something (difficult seasonal PR stunt probably) and forgot to turn it off again.

Edited by user Tuesday, August 11, 2020 7:22:30 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2386 Posted : Tuesday, August 11, 2020 7:30:56 AM(UTC)
Hmm, presumably it’s quite close to your gear buttons? I’d definitely try and get it set up in some way that you can use it and minimise the chance of hitting it accidentally. It must be at least 5 seconds quicker than having to wait for the reset and then restarting from a standing start.
#2387 Posted : Tuesday, August 11, 2020 7:34:25 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post
Hmm, presumably it’s quite close to your gear buttons? I’d definitely try and get it set up in some way that you can use it and minimise the chance of hitting it accidentally. It must be at least 5 seconds quicker than having to wait for the reset and then restarting from a standing start.

Yes I have it on the default setting on Y, gears on X and B. We'll see, it doesn't happen tooooo often.

Originally Posted by: DaReoCharmer Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post

I also had him cost me points in a Cross Country winter room. I was set to finish 2nd overall, he plows into at a checkpoint, sending me into last place and I ended up losing rank in that room. Happened on the last race too. I don't trust anyone ranked as high as us to be fair on every event. People get desperate. He would have finished under me and Eqzuite but instead he got 2nd and I got 6th

True. The thing here is he didn't need to be aggressive because for him, this lobby was a cakewalk. He'd won the first race, even if I won the 2nd, he would know the Colossus would be a certain win against AWD opposition.

This was it anyway, see what you think: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGknYg4anUA

Edited by user Tuesday, August 11, 2020 7:36:18 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#2388 Posted : Tuesday, August 11, 2020 7:41:25 AM(UTC)
That looks like desync to me. You can see he is on the ideal line for the corner and drives it as though your car isn’t there (probably because on his screen it wasn’t!). I’ll check later and see if he was streaming and if so what it looked like for him.
 1 user liked this post.
#2389 Posted : Tuesday, August 11, 2020 8:30:14 AM(UTC)
That looked a bit rough to me. Normally I'd give the benefit of the doubt but I'm telling you in my experience against GM, L1 and 2 players, when it comes to winning, anyone in the way is roadkill.

#2390 Posted : Tuesday, August 11, 2020 10:14:00 AM(UTC)
Just lost 27 points in an S1 adventure for finishing 6th, started last in first two races, first was Ambleside village circuit, lots of fast green ranks, usually a circuit I avoid and this is why. Fought to 2nd in next race despite loads of rammers (ramming each other and me). Final race I started 3rd last, when pushing to finish high up I misjudged a checkpoint slightly, so I finished in the same place. 4 more points would have put me in 3rd overall which would have been at least something 😔

I might have to force myself to try dirt and CC more. Although not S1 because of the pay to win Toyota WP which I don't have, I guess.

Next adventure, A class street, I start last in the first two again! Amazing. And the winner was a league 7 who finished ahead of me and a league 2 and 5. So I must wave bye bye to more points.

Edited by user Tuesday, August 11, 2020 10:36:28 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2391 Posted : Tuesday, August 11, 2020 12:04:12 PM(UTC)
Just tried a dirt event... very tough, I was out of my depth against the other two high ranked players. But I got 2nd by the skin of my teeth. This was my reward for a lengthy adventure...

Clap clap
#2392 Posted : Tuesday, August 11, 2020 1:36:41 PM(UTC)
I’ve not come across Juicy Veins but Hakimangel is a good player. Good to get a win over him. Harsh points there!
#2393 Posted : Tuesday, August 11, 2020 3:01:46 PM(UTC)
Ban the Atomic car already, anytime you end up in a room with one you're giving away points. Probably gonna start skipping A dirt altogether. It's BS. I'm done with it

#2394 Posted : Tuesday, August 11, 2020 3:03:35 PM(UTC)
I've had issues for more than a month trying to play drift adventure, every time i would que up i have to wait 10-20 minutes only to be qued up with one other "player" who everytime just drives normal for half a lap then quits. and now for the last 2 weeks everytime i log on i get a message at the top saying there are no compatible multiplayer servers. i love the game and used to play hours a day online, but it is currently unplayable to me in this state.
#2395 Posted : Tuesday, August 11, 2020 3:04:13 PM(UTC)
I've had issues for more than a month trying to play drift adventure, every time i would que up i have to wait 10-20 minutes only to be qued up with one other "player" who everytime just drives normal for half a lap then quits. and now for the last 2 weeks everytime i log on i get a message at the top saying there are no compatible multiplayer servers. i love the game and used to play hours a day online, but it is currently unplayable to me in this state.
#2396 Posted : Tuesday, August 11, 2020 3:37:19 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DaReoCharmer Go to Quoted Post
Ban the Atomic car already, anytime you end up in a room with one you're giving away points. Probably gonna start skipping A dirt altogether. It's BS. I'm done with it

What do you use DRC? The Roadster is fairly competitive, as is the Daytona, but (outside of Winter) the options are limited in A dirt.
#2397 Posted : Wednesday, August 12, 2020 11:04:35 AM(UTC)
I tried the atomic and the hula. I don't like the way the atomic turns and the aero on the hula is bad. The nova is decent but still can't keep up.

Also starting to notice an annoying little pattern when I find myself in rooms of orange ranks. If they're gonna win, they stay til the end and gloat about it but when they're gonna lose they'll quit before the final race is over. Quite classy, it's happened twice yesterday and once today.

#2398 Posted : Wednesday, August 12, 2020 11:17:59 AM(UTC)
I agree about the Atomic, I was using some highly rated dirt tune but it turned like a bus. I have set a few quite decent dirt rivals times with it in the past somehow, but I can't remember what tunes I used.
#2399 Posted : Wednesday, August 12, 2020 1:37:18 PM(UTC)
I use Breeminator’s winter tune for A dirt on the Atomic. That works well enough for me.
#2400 Posted : Wednesday, August 12, 2020 5:30:30 PM(UTC)
Just about done with this game. I lost 50 in a single lobby because of constant dirty driving. They never wanna let faster people pass so they'll knock you outside the flag. It's not fair to us who go out of our way to be clean. Finished 4th overall because it happened in the last race and caused me to finish dead last. Just like my patience ran out with eliminator, it's about to run out with this. I'm literally about to buy ANY other game than deal with this.

110 Pages<<9495969798>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error