111 Pages<<9394959697>>PrevNext
#2351 Posted : Friday, August 7, 2020 2:40:25 AM(UTC)
Not that often - I’m generally working when he is live. I had some reason for looking at one of his recordings from earlier in the week and saw you having fun with the Baja trying not to crash on one of the Freeroams! You are probably right that there are certain sprints where it is faster than the WP version but, given how tricky it is, I won’t be trying it.
#2352 Posted : Saturday, August 8, 2020 1:30:19 AM(UTC)
I have complained in a past post about the use of DLC vehicles on FFA. I knew that i could not compete with some of these no matter what, and now PG introduced some more of them with the starter pack.
The new Toyota baja is simply unbeatable. I was more than 3 seconds slower per lap on circuit tracks and the difference is even wider on open road. In the last two Cross country events that i entered half the players used it and always finished on top easily. So there goes the competition on Cross country events unless you buy.
#2353 Posted : Saturday, August 8, 2020 1:30:30 AM(UTC)
double post

Edited by user Saturday, August 8, 2020 1:31:21 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2354 Posted : Saturday, August 8, 2020 7:17:53 AM(UTC)
The Trailcat might be able to match it on some courses but I agree, in general if you want to have the best chance of winning at S1 cross, there’s no benefit to using anything other than the Baja WP.

#2355 Posted : Saturday, August 8, 2020 8:53:08 AM(UTC)
They are even using it in dirt races, these are not as fast as the ar stradale but they cause a mess hitting and cutting while having an obvious advantage on freeroams.
#2356 Posted : Sunday, August 9, 2020 4:39:32 AM(UTC)
Just had the 'you were disconnected' message in the middle of a race, in an adventure which I was dominating. I guess my hard work in this mode over the last few days has just gone up in smoke.

edit - won the next one and got +10, previous score seemingly unaffected by the disconnection.

I have to smile at how few people play this game mode, that I keep playing the same handful of people.

Edited by user Sunday, August 9, 2020 5:10:58 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2357 Posted : Sunday, August 9, 2020 6:17:10 AM(UTC)
Yeah, the game seems to recognise if everyone gets d/ced and doesn’t then punish you. If, for whatever reason, it is just you then you get a points loss.

I see DRC is within touching distance of League 1, with over 100 wins already this month. Great effort! I’m going to have an hour or so now - only played two adventures over the weekend (for +3 points).
#2358 Posted : Sunday, August 9, 2020 6:43:48 AM(UTC)
Might as well record the events today:

First adventure (B dirt). Chosen car - Nissan Pulsar
Highest ranked opponent - League 6
Notes - 5 Shelby Daytonas; I started no higher than 6th in the three proper races and always at least four places below the League 6 guy.

Highland - 1st - best lap 57.2
FR to Greendale - 3rd - hit a haybale
Greendale - 1st - best lap - 1.33.6
FR to Lakehurst - 2nd - stupidly short Freeroam (1.20)
Lakehurst - 2nd (didn’t note time)

Overall - 1st (won by 6 points) - +1 point

Edited by user Sunday, August 9, 2020 6:49:23 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2359 Posted : Sunday, August 9, 2020 7:10:07 AM(UTC)
Second adventure - A dirt. Chosen car -Bubbletop
Highest Ranked Opponent - League 7

Notes - identical playlist to the above and both in Autumn. However, weather was different with Highland being in heavy rain, rather than dry.

Highland - 1st - 54.0
FR to Greendale - 1st - took a slightly different route to avoid haybales
Greendale - 1st - 1.26.1
FR to Lakehurst - 1st (1.08 in A class)
Lakehurst - 1st - 2.01.7

Overall - 1st (won by 28 points) - +0 points
#2360 Posted : Sunday, August 9, 2020 7:35:02 AM(UTC)
3rd Adventure - A cross country. Chosen car - Mercedes X class
Highest Ranked Opponent - League 2

Notes - Only 3 X classes including mine. I’m getting extremely fed up with flipping on FRR - I actually flipped on both of these, despite taking no risks and knowing the exact route - fortunately I landed the right way up and didn’t reset on the first one.

Ambleside Rush - 1st (1.56.1)
FRR to MF - 1st
MF - 2nd (2.14 lol - 2.05 is my usual time but had two bits of bad luck)
FRR to Beachview - 5th (my car rolled on absolutely nothing. No one else’s did despite the cars behind me taking the same line)
Beachview - 1st (1.48.7)

Overall - 1st (won by 4 points) - +5 points
#2361 Posted : Sunday, August 9, 2020 7:52:17 AM(UTC)
Fourth Adventure (A winter Street). Chosen car - Nova FE
Highest Ranked Opponent - League 4 (in Bubbletop)

Notes - started last in the first race (obviously) and 2nd last in Races 2 and 3 - at least 6 places behind the League 4 each time.

Holyrood - 1st (2.15.9)
Lakehurst - 1st (2.15.6)
Ashbrook - 1st (2.22.9)

Overall - 1st (by 12 points) - +2 points
 1 user liked this post.
#2362 Posted : Sunday, August 9, 2020 8:01:02 AM(UTC)
That’s 4 adventures done in just under 2 hours All ultimately won for a total gain of 8 points. Overall record for the month now 43-7 and up to 4800 points.

Edited by user Sunday, August 9, 2020 8:02:19 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2363 Posted : Sunday, August 9, 2020 3:36:53 PM(UTC)
Sadly I was 2 points from it this morning...3 straight 2nd place finishes for a -75. Your rank gets absolutely murdered if you don't finish 1st...1st degree murder because it's definitely intentional 😑😑
Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track.

FH4 and I have a volatile love/hate relationship 😑
#2364 Posted : Sunday, August 9, 2020 3:42:15 PM(UTC)
Wow - that’s a big loss for 2nd places. What ranks were the winners?
#2365 Posted : Monday, August 10, 2020 4:52:07 AM(UTC)
I just found a match to join after a long wait. I'd been using my keyboard until then, which I tend to do to save wasting controller battery life. When the loading was nearly done I pressed the controller on button but it wouldn't sync with the PC... if I started the match like this I wouldn't be able to drive (or I'd have to play with the keyboard which I'm no good at). I ALT+F4ed after the 'setting up event' had been on screen for a second or two.

It was too late. I've just checked the leaderboard and I have lost 61 points. Sixty-one points.

All because of Microsoft's flaky hardware / software. It isn't faulty, this is just one of those 'known issues'.

You can say it's my fault for not turning it on before, okay. I forgot that once in a while this issue happens.

It will take a long, long time to get those points back. And I don't think I want to do that.

Edited by user Monday, August 10, 2020 4:52:39 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2366 Posted : Monday, August 10, 2020 5:38:15 AM(UTC)
That’s really bad luck FN. Hopefully, if you do decide to grind the points back again you can get a few quick wins - DRC looks to have made good progress at recovering the points he lost yesterday.
#2367 Posted : Monday, August 10, 2020 6:06:42 AM(UTC)
Thanks Jezza, I won the next one, I think the universe took pity on me... I started near the front in all three. On the second race at Lakehurst Copse I was overtaken by Sunheal who was faster but made a mistake missing a checkpoint so I inherited the lead. Then I was overtaken again by Cansev but he ran slightly wide so I got it back and held on. +19 for winning this lobby.

Just thought I'd share my fastest lap... ever seen this before? 60 seconds exactly. Isn't there another way of expressing that, like a minute? Strange.

#2368 Posted : Monday, August 10, 2020 6:45:14 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post
That’s really bad luck FN. Hopefully, if you do decide to grind the points back again you can get a few quick wins - DRC looks to have made good progress at recovering the points he lost yesterday.

I don't have problems making the points back it's just a pain to do it when you're so close to the next level. I just finished 2nd again to a guy 100 points under me. -15 like what the hell?
Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track.

FH4 and I have a volatile love/hate relationship 😑
#2369 Posted : Monday, August 10, 2020 7:22:13 AM(UTC)
Well yes but you look to have won about 15 adventures in a row before that recent loss - presumably about 6 hours work - and that’s still not enough to cover the four losses. I think we are on the same page. It’s not the difficulty in winning - it’s the time it takes to recover when, mostly, you will get somewhere between -1 and +3 for each win.
#2370 Posted : Monday, August 10, 2020 8:04:40 AM(UTC)
I got +17 for another win so that's 36 of the 61 points recovered.

(Yes I am still at the stage where relatively easy wins gives a lot of points sometimes.)
#2371 Posted : Monday, August 10, 2020 9:32:22 AM(UTC)
Just getting a game to bemoan would be novel atm... Anyone (UK/Europe) having issues connecting to a session the last hour or so?
 1 user liked this post.
#2372 Posted : Monday, August 10, 2020 9:43:22 AM(UTC)
I tried the game half an hour ago, I couldn't get into an online freeroam session after 3 or 4 attempts. So I closed the game without even trying to get a race as I figured the service is having problems.
#2373 Posted : Monday, August 10, 2020 9:52:06 AM(UTC)

Edited by user Monday, August 10, 2020 9:54:59 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2374 Posted : Monday, August 10, 2020 9:52:41 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post
I tried the game half an hour ago, I couldn't get into an online freeroam session after 3 or 4 attempts. So I closed the game without even trying to get a race as I figured the service is having problems.

Thanks.
 1 user liked this post.
#2375 Posted : Monday, August 10, 2020 9:53:23 AM(UTC)
I got into 3 easily enough. Fourth one took a bit longer to come up and I ended up skipping but no particular issues for me.
111 Pages<<9394959697>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error