94 Pages<<91929394PrevNext
#2301 Posted : Sunday, July 26, 2020 7:05:43 AM(UTC)
I lost 7 points in that one for coming 4th. I felt I would probably get 2nd on paper on the Colossus, normally doing under 5:29 in a Nova would be good enough but not this time. I knew you'd be coming past me on that straight and I tried to keep out of the way, while still maintaining my own pace, I'm just glad I didn't accidentally force you off as I'd be pretty sheepish afterwards!

I am -24 down today from 9 matches including that A class winter street one just now, congrats for winning that one btw against the stiff competition. I got -2 for my 5th place so not a disaster.

edit - just seen your post.

Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post
Great driving to win that Highland Charge event FN 👏💪. Holding off Exquisitt etc was impressive. Hope it got you high enough up that lobby to get good points. I got 28 points for the win so that’s recovered quite a lot of the losses.

Cheers, I was lucky to start 1st (after starting last in the previous race), I thought I'll be happy with a podium in this company but everything went perfectly well so it was all good :)

Edited by user Sunday, July 26, 2020 7:07:12 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2302 Posted : Sunday, July 26, 2020 8:54:48 AM(UTC)
I keep on gaining points, it is easy when you're low, and i got the chance to go against high ranking opponents. Some of them are simply rammers, I don't know why PG dont do something, maybe introduce full ghost races.

In my last game i lost 20 points as i was pushed out of the track on all three races. I was two seconds faster per lap but as i started from the back i was unable to deal with the ramming.

Edited by user Sunday, July 26, 2020 11:54:44 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2303 Posted : Sunday, July 26, 2020 10:01:52 AM(UTC)
Back to league 3... every time I drop points now it gives me the 'rank up to league 2' animation and my avatar celebrates losing points. That's really smart.

Maybe when they release the 'Series X' upgrades for this game, they can fix the glaring bugs which have been in the game for the last two years while they're at it?

edit - just lost another 12 points. Summer S2 road, two league 6 players, the rest blue. I start 11th, the green ranks at the front. Greendale Club circuit, one of them does a best lap of 43.832 which is faster than Sprungboss or Ziperr did in rivals in the same car (Koenigsegg CCGT) and only 0.6s behind Rayne in that car. 2nd race I started last. I ended up finishing the adventure 2nd by winning the final sprint race.

-43 for the day so far, just bad luck in the main, nothing I could do about it.

Won the next one, S2 street. Only one other good player, a league 2, two races I started near the front, him the back. One vice versa. Results went according to the start places. I got +12, he got -12 (I checked). Might as well toss a coin for these.

Edited by user Sunday, July 26, 2020 11:22:00 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2304 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2020 1:30:54 AM(UTC)
That was a really good race earlier FN. Sorry I think I hit you slightly on one of the straights - the Peugeot isn’t good at quick changes of direction! I got +6 for that one but then lost 10 points as I also lost to Ystroul in the next one. Have got back 23 points so far overall though, so steady progress. Still 90 points down on where I was yesterday morning though 🙁.

Genuinely surprised my Peugeot found its way into your Ranked selection. Exclusively used for playlists with Colossus or Marathon I assume?
Never thought this FWD power experiment would end this well.
#2305 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2020 2:31:31 AM(UTC)
I only usually use it for one street playlist which ends with Marathon and the two courses beforehand have longish straights - I think it’s Ashbrook Apex and Windrush. My thinking is that I’m always going to win Marathon so I only really need one win on the other two (and avoid disaster in the other). I haven’t actually tested to see what times I do compared to say the Nova but it’s more fun to use the Peugeot anyway and I’ve not lost this playlist so far when I’ve used it.

The one above was different and ended in Colossus. I think the other two were Elmsdon and Greendale. I hadn’t tried it before for that but thought Elmsdon particularly might have enough power sections for it to work. It was good enough to beat various decent Nova drivers but I couldn’t catch Ystroul in his Roadster (and was some way off him at both races - it’s the usual problem in having to fight through the pack). There is a question of whether I’d have beaten him in a Nova anyway (it was slightly wet and I don’t have a Roadster set up which I think would have matched him) but we will never know!
#2306 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2020 8:03:03 AM(UTC)
Yesterday evening and today I had a good run of results, a 6 win streak for +34 points.

Then just now I met a league 11 player, A class road, who beat me by doing top ~0.5% times (52.6s on Greendale, 54.5 Bamburgh) and he started well ahead of me in both races. So it would be impossible for pretty much anyone in the world to beat him.

-24 points for that loss.

Edited by user Monday, July 27, 2020 9:01:41 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2307 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2020 9:22:36 AM(UTC)
What was he driving FN and what was the 3rd track? I think 52.6 should be out of reach of the Nova etc at Greendale. I’ve ran quicker than that at Rivals in the Renault 5 FE, Clio FE and 340R - all pure handling cars but I think they lack the top end speed to also do 54.5 at Bamburgh. My suspicion is it must have been a Roadster?.

Edited by user Monday, July 27, 2020 9:32:55 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2308 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2020 9:34:17 AM(UTC)
Yes he was in a Roadster, and the time itself is not suspect, nor was his driving, he was just very fast and drove flawlessly. It is just wrong that he is league 11 and I get stomped for losing to him. The third track was Lake District sprint.

Here you go... my overall time is a lot slower because I slowed down for the final corners when it was obvious I had no chance of beating him. (edit - my rivals best is 53.85 btw.)

I just did another adventure, finished 2nd behind a league 2, and ahead of a fast unranked player and then a league 3 player in 4th. But I still lost another point for that.

I know we all know it, but dear me... the scoring system is so punitive.

Edited by user Monday, July 27, 2020 9:41:30 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2309 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2020 10:38:24 AM(UTC)
Hmm, did you get the impression that he was on drag tyres or not? Just wondering if I need a more standard Roadster build to add to my options as I also didn’t think Ystroul was on drag tyres yesterday. As you say, those are very fast times regardless though - I just did three laps on Rivals using the drag tyres version with best laps of 53.0 and 54.8 respectively. Hard to understand how someone that quick has found themselves in League 11.
#2310 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2020 10:52:32 AM(UTC)
I just looked at the video of the race again, I can't definitively say if it's a drag tune, maybe you could tell but I don't know. I assume it had to be though, for it to be as fast as it was on the long straight. He went through the corners neatly but that doesn't prove anything because the drag Roadster can be quite well behaved in the dry of course.
#2311 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2020 2:16:13 PM(UTC)
There really should be some sort of mercy rule, when I get a 5 person cross country lobby and have a best lap of 1.10 compared to 2nd running 1.19. Just give me my -2 points after one race and let me get on with the next event.

Edit - yep, -2 points. I know this game and it’s idiot point system too well.

Edited by user Monday, July 27, 2020 2:25:13 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2312 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2020 3:21:45 PM(UTC)
340R ranked adventure time. Wish me luck!

Tried this for a Winter adventure all circuits - Broadway, Ambleside and Greendale. League 3 I was basically up against had an average start place 4 ahead of me in an Atomic Punk. Frustratingly I couldn’t find a way past him in Race 1 and then missed a checkpoint trying to pass him in Race 2. Won Greendale by the length of the straight. Definitely the right car choice so, whilst I lost due to my own error, I’ll be sticking with that for that adventure next time.

Edited by user Monday, July 27, 2020 4:23:33 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2313 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2020 3:30:05 PM(UTC)
There really should be some sort of mercy rule, when I get a 5 person cross country lobby and have a best lap of 1.10 compared to 2nd running 1.19. Just give me my -2 points after one race and let me get on with the next event.

Edit - yep, -2 points. I know this game and it’s idiot point system too well.

Yes indeed... like our street adventure just now. I lost 4 points for that, and I sighed as soon as I saw the player list because the result was essentially a foregone conclusion. Losing to faster and higher ranked players is no problem, being punished for not beating them though, is ridiculous.

Just rage quit... tried an A class dirt adventure, started last in all five races! Beaten by a league 6 rammer. Rank is probably in the toilet now but I don't think I care any more, this is getting old.

Edited by user Tuesday, July 28, 2020 4:33:21 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2314 Posted : Tuesday, July 28, 2020 6:23:08 AM(UTC)
Oh dear FN. That’s incredibly frustrating. Always seems rammers get the luck of the grid - karma certainly doesn’t apply in FH4! Hope it hasn’t cost you too many points.
#2315 Posted : Tuesday, July 28, 2020 6:33:31 AM(UTC)
It cost me 51 points 😂 Well if I start now I might be able to get back them back by Christmas 🤣

I lost 101 points altogether yesterday 🤣 I experimented with a few things, which as you can tell wasn't entirely successful.

Edited by user Wednesday, July 29, 2020 3:40:58 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2316 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2020 1:39:58 PM(UTC)
That moment when you (L7 again - lost 200pts today due to beaing paired with low ranked players who liked to ram me into oblivion) got a S1 dirt event with DaReoCharme and UnLimitedVince and mostly green leaques, manage to actually win the whole thing by sheer luck (other players hit both of them hard and I guess DRC had the wrong car?) and Forza adwards you whopping 9 pts. WHAT. haha.
-reallife car mechanic @Mitsubishi/Mazda/Suzuki and owner of a '00 Mitsubishi Galant V6 2.5 and '96 Colt 1.8T -
#2317 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2020 2:22:55 PM(UTC)
This game hates me at the moment. Just had a great fight with a very strong League 3. On my screen I won the deciding race but, no, apparently I lost by less than a 10th of a second. -15 points instead of probably +10.

Next event, I win the first race and take the lead in the second. A traffic truck exits a side road in front of me blocking nearly all the road and I hit it, smashing into a house as a result. By the time I’m back on track I’m 9 seconds off the leader and last. I fight my way through and overtake 3rd just before the finish line (catching up about 7 seconds on the leader despite having to overtake 6 or 7 cars) but, no, i finish 4th by less than 1 tenth. The importance of that difference? The leader only needs to finish 2nd in the last race to “win” - it’s out of my control. Fortunately, he only came third, so I got my +1 for the win (I dread to think how many id have lost if I hadn’t won) but still emphasises my luck at present!
#2318 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2020 3:11:59 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Faulieh Go to Quoted Post
That moment when you (L7 again - lost 200pts today due to beaing paired with low ranked players who liked to ram me into oblivion) got a S1 dirt event with DaReoCharme and UnLimitedVince and mostly green leaques, manage to actually win the whole thing by sheer luck (other players hit both of them hard and I guess DRC had the wrong car?) and Forza adwards you whopping 9 pts. WHAT. haha.

Not the wrong car just been messing around with the toe and camber trying to gain more grip in the corners. I lost 18 in that room, I wonder where those points went if you only got 9. I dont like that Alfa nor the Punk '59 so I wont use them, so thats why i've been trying other cars.

Edited by user Wednesday, July 29, 2020 3:15:41 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track

Check me out on Mixer! www.mixer.com/dareocharmer
#2319 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2020 3:24:13 PM(UTC)
I've done 17 adventures today in my efforts to recoup the big points loss from yesterday. I've mostly played well and had several wins but I'm still down another 34 points today. It's a tough racket :p

#2320 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2020 3:44:26 PM(UTC)
Annnd the icing on the cake of today's play... last match of the evening, I won it, good news! Actually no! The highest ranked player (league 6) left during the 2nd race, as did a few others. Only 6 of us remained at the end so I got rewarded with -2 for my win! Brilliant!
#2321 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2020 5:21:15 PM(UTC)
This game is unbelievable. I got kicked on the last race of the playlist and I was winning. -65 wow thanks

#2322 Posted : Thursday, July 30, 2020 5:29:44 AM(UTC)
Just won a road adventure with 4 good league 2-3 players and got +23 points, I mention it because it was a *relatively* straightforward win. I've had dozens of white knuckle adventures where there may be just one other player who is just as quick as me or quicker, who is often ranked way below me. You lose those you get hammered, you win them you barely get rewarded.

It just shows how dysfunctional the ranking system is that you can then have a *relatively* easy win (it wasn't easy but I didn't do anything special either) and get +more points than you'd get for winning maybe ten of the harder adventures I just described. And it will only take losing a few like that for me to lose all 23 points again.

It is rare that you see any other league 1-5s in a race, and very rare to get 5 of us together. I guess that's the problem is it? The ranks should be spread around more liberally. The way it is now, if you get just one other good player, you HAVE to beat them, and you HAVE to win at least 2 out of the 3 races, because nobody else will get close to doing so. I won this adventure with only one race win because the 5 of us were all closely matched so each race was anyone's.

Edited by user Thursday, July 30, 2020 5:32:47 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#2323 Posted : Friday, July 31, 2020 1:06:13 AM(UTC)
Yeah, the lost points are remorseless at higher levels and the fact it’s usually really a 1v1 means one bad result is critical.

I had successive street adventures yesterday starting with Broadway. The first one I started last and unghosted next to a rammer. Ended up off the track. Could only recover to 5th. Won the next two races (against someone from the 1% club) but that’s only good enough for 2nd. Second adventure I got hit by a back marker at the stupid crossroads section where it doesn’t ghost you and smashed into the wall of a house. Again recovered to 5th. This time I won races 2 and 3 by about 10 seconds each but same outcome - lost by 2 points to someone coming 1st, 2nd, 2nd.

The two losses cost me a combined 24 points despite being to someone I assume is fairly high ranked (Hoosier Dallas but he was presumably doing his first adventure of the month as his rank wasn’t showing) and to an underranked League 4.
#2324 Posted : Friday, July 31, 2020 2:17:49 AM(UTC)
I'm on a 6 winning streak and gained +57 points yesterday, up to 4,406, still about 125 behind my previous high though, I've fallen a long way.

One of those yesterday I gained +15 from a fellow league 3, you couldn't really get a cigarette paper between us and you could virtually toss a coin as to who would win these contests. Again, everyone else was much slower. I managed to win Ambleside village circuit at S1 in the wet with the NSX (not a good combination). He won Astmoor circuit which I drove pretty well on but he was just too fast, then I won Greendale super sprint because I started higher up. He played better than me overall but will have been docked a load of points. I said GG and nice race at the end, he said LOL which suggests he might not have been best pleased :p

edit - first adventure today, finished 5th and lost the 15 points I gained above... started low down, launched badly because I forgot I had M+C enabled from trying the monthly rivals again, so I lost precious time there. Then started low down in successive races plus struggling without the benefit of M = fail. Was a strong lobby, but I would have finished at least 3rd or 4th without the M+C mix-up.

Next one... finished 3rd in a strong lobby, -4. League 2 RedScarfBunny finished 6th and lost 32 points, ouch.

Edited by user Friday, July 31, 2020 8:29:21 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2325 Posted : Friday, July 31, 2020 9:01:03 AM(UTC)
I moved up a little over 100 points yesterday, slaying some GMs along the way for some big gains. Made it back to league 2, if I keep this pace i'll be GM by Monday.

94 Pages<<91929394PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error