94 Pages<<9091929394PrevNext
#2276 Posted : Wednesday, July 22, 2020 11:43:54 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post
I’m also told Winter 1.2 by OnlyNaps is good for the GT05.

I tried Sprungboss's and it seemed probably a bit too slow (I didn't chance it in a ranked race). OnlyNaps's winter 2.1 has the same power and torque as Rocklxd's v1.44. Whether it handles better than that, I'm not sure yet.

My results yesterday, in case of interest to anyone (I make these notes for myself to see if I can learn where I can improve). I had a good final result last night to recover some of the points lost earlier.

road S1 spring, 1st, weak lobby (blue ranks). +0
street A autumn, 2nd by 2 points in good lobby because of bad RNG start positions. -8
street S1 autumn, 2nd, bad start positions + rammer. +2
street S1 winter, 6th, bad starts. -27
street S1 winter, 1st, used Viper 08, weak lobby. +3
road S1 winter, 1st, used Ford GT. +5. But was lucky with starting positions, a Viper 08 ran me very very close. Ford GT didn't handle very well.
road S1 spring, used NSX, 1st against very fast league 3 Ford GT. +15

For the day: -10

Edited by user Thursday, July 23, 2020 12:17:01 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2277 Posted : Thursday, July 23, 2020 1:18:29 AM(UTC)
While the current season is still winter, I've tried three S1 cars on the Highland Charge street race, several runs in each.

My best times:

Honda NSX '92 - 2:01.8
Viper '08 - 1:58.6
Ford GT '05 (OnlyNaps) - 1:57.1

#2278 Posted : Thursday, July 23, 2020 1:48:46 AM(UTC)
I just tried the 2015 Cayman and OnlyNaps GT 05. 1.55.1 in the Cayman and 1.54.6 in the GT. Only had one run in each but used rewind for major incidents (hitting traffic cars). The Cayman is much more grippy and easier to drive but I presume the pure power of the GT gives it the slight edge.

Cayman tune is by Rayne. I’m not sure it’s shared anymore but he might be prepared to reshare if not!
#2279 Posted : Thursday, July 23, 2020 2:23:34 AM(UTC)
Just did 1.55.8 in the Cayman, using tune 'S1 road + winter' by RDC Garmite. Certainly easy to drive. I guess it might be necessary to use a faster car for certain tracks, this is where having a good memory of what tracks need power and/or are snow covered or not, is invaluable.

edit - just had a chance to test it out in ranked, winter S1 street.

Edinburgh West End, 2:00.5. I tried this again just now in a Ford GT offline and did 2:00.4 so swings and roundabouts.
Lakehurst Rush, 2:03.7
And Highland Charge again, 1:57.0.

Edited by user Thursday, July 23, 2020 3:22:52 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2280 Posted : Thursday, July 23, 2020 5:13:14 AM(UTC)
Just got +20 for a win, up to a new high. Then I saw in the news that there's widespread internet outages in the UK today apparently. I'm not affected so far but I really hope it doesn't disconnect me during a ranked match... as that would not be a good thing.
#2281 Posted : Thursday, July 23, 2020 5:31:01 AM(UTC)
This is unplayable at the moment, I'm just gonna give up.
You can't get -1 (minus one) in a free for all, with 12 people and you come 3rd overall. It's just impossible to get points that way and raise your level. I'm playing a few races in a day, good results overall during all races and when you draw the line, you earned less than 10 points that day. And the gap to the next level is huge.
#2282 Posted : Thursday, July 23, 2020 12:03:17 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Crocodilu Go to Quoted Post
This is unplayable at the moment, I'm just gonna give up.
You can't get -1 (minus one) in a free for all, with 12 people and you come 3rd overall. It's just impossible to get points that way and raise your level. I'm playing a few races in a day, good results overall during all races and when you draw the line, you earned less than 10 points that day. And the gap to the next level is huge.

What is your rank and what are the ranks of the others below you? If I finish 3rd I'll consider myself lucky not to lose a ton of points, and if I only got -1 I'd feel relief.

I don't know if I have any useful advice for you as I don't know what your level is. Maybe there are some relatively easy ways you can improve (like using more competitive cars / tunes or cherry picking events you're good at) or maybe you're already doing all the low hanging fruit stuff like that.
#2283 Posted : Thursday, July 23, 2020 1:53:33 PM(UTC)
The game bases the points it awards on the opposition level. If you are League 7 and finish 3rd to two GMs but beat 2 League 2s then you will gain a lot of points. Conversely, if you lose to a couple of League 7s and only beat players ranked lower than you, you will get zero or negative points. The points aren’t as good as they could be but, in general, you will move up if you are outperforming your current rank. However, it does require consistent performances and devoting quite a bit of time.

As FN says, the best way of improving quickly is making sure that you are using good cars for each event. Generally, I would suggest sticking to “meta” cars to give yourself the best prospect of winning every race. FFA is not the place to experiment if you want your rank to improve - make sure you are only using cars which you are confident you can drive quickly and without mistakes. Rivals is a great place to use for identifying the best cars - although the limited winter/wet rivals does make those conditions more difficult to practice.
#2284 Posted : Friday, July 24, 2020 5:10:05 AM(UTC)
I'm on a winning streak of 8 at the moment, up to 4,505 and league 2 nominally, although I'll need more for the game to recognise it properly of course. Had a lot of great luck with relatively easy lobbies and/or starting positions.
 1 user liked this post.
#2285 Posted : Friday, July 24, 2020 5:14:29 AM(UTC)
Great work FN 👍👏.
#2286 Posted : Friday, July 24, 2020 11:05:21 AM(UTC)
Cheers Jezza, I improved my winning streak to 9 but then my luck ran out, I think it must be my best run though! And I only lost 5 points for the 3rd place I got as it was a tough lobby.

I'm being more fussy about what lobbies I pick now, to the extent of rejecting ones with certain tracks, even if they're in the right class. Anything to improve the odds. So no to Horizon festival, Ambleside village, Holyrood park or Edinburgh station circuits. And in street races, no to Holyrood run, Broadway crossfire or Marathon. Those courses are too dependent on starting position. (And the Marathon is just too long and too much can go wrong.)

Edited by user Friday, July 24, 2020 11:07:22 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2287 Posted : Friday, July 24, 2020 11:12:24 AM(UTC)
Nice job FN, those last 25 points to make it official are always the most agonizing. I actually like Marathon because the longer the track the more everyone tends to slot into the right spot based on their pace. Also, if you learn the cuts it gives you a big advantage over people who might be quick but aren't as knowledgeable.
#2288 Posted : Friday, July 24, 2020 11:27:07 AM(UTC)
Thanks Mr M, and I don't dislike the Marathon as such, but the street races demand a fair bit of concentration above and beyond the road races, and I'd rather do that in smaller doses really.
#2289 Posted : Saturday, July 25, 2020 6:05:43 AM(UTC)
Hmm, just had the same input lag “drunk car” issue I had last Saturday. Down -30 points today after that (-10 for a loss to a very quick League 8 who rammed me off the road, -3 for losing to two 1% GMs and -17 for finishing 4th with a broken car).
#2290 Posted : Saturday, July 25, 2020 6:47:18 AM(UTC)
I had what seemed to be a similar input lag issue earlier but it was while in freeroam so it was either my imagination or there's some sort of intermittent bluetooth lag issue. That's really bad luck that it happened while in ranked online again.

I've only played two adventures today, won one for +4 and got up to 4,520 but just lost one which had a league 2 and a very rapid league 8 player - the latter won the adventure with me in 3rd. All of us were miles ahead of the pack of green ranks. The other league 2 was very similar level to me, maybe slightly faster. But the other guy was streets ahead. I got -9 which all things considered is being let off lightly.

edit - up to 4,529 now and got league 2 recognised. Finished 2nd in an S1 street adventure behind a GM but ahead of two league 1s. +18

Edited by user Saturday, July 25, 2020 7:13:06 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2291 Posted : Saturday, July 25, 2020 7:40:52 AM(UTC)
Well I made the mistake of thinking the problem was fixed, as it hadn’t seemed to be present in the last race and did another one. It wasn’t fixed - so -26 points for a 3rd place.

Game just does not like me today. Just lost another 12 points in a cross country race. I was comfortably ahead after three races. In the fourth, I was easily gong to finish 2nd but the car in front me managed to flip on the steep uphill bit of the Freeroam to the Whitewater race. I couldn’t avoid him and came to a complete stop. Couldn’t find any way to get going again and finished 6th (behind the guy who’d flipped and got reset). I was still leading going into the last race but my truck randomly flipped on the last jump so I finished 5th and lost by 4 points.

I think that now means I’m 70 points down today. Don’t actually feel I’ve made a mistake (other than not turning off after the first lagged race 😄).

Edit - had the same adventure which cost me 26 points earlier through lag, against the same League 1 player who won earlier. Won all three races, despite him being in a considerably better car this time. Game did give me 19 points back again though, so I’m now only 43 points down for the day.

Edited by user Saturday, July 25, 2020 9:11:35 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2292 Posted : Saturday, July 25, 2020 10:11:23 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post
Hmm, just had the same input lag “drunk car” issue I had last Saturday. Down -30 points today after that (-10 for a loss to a very quick League 8 who rammed me off the road, -3 for losing to two 1% GMs and -17 for finishing 4th with a broken car).

I wonder if we encountered the same quick league 8 player? I just encountered him again except he's now league 7. I was leading the first race, he tapped me into a wall, he won.

I lost 18 points to this character because the rest of the lobby was very weak. His name begins with T.

Edited by user Saturday, July 25, 2020 10:15:56 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2293 Posted : Saturday, July 25, 2020 10:15:39 AM(UTC)
Unlucky Jezza. Seems we're all bound to have those days :(
#2294 Posted : Saturday, July 25, 2020 10:45:18 AM(UTC)
Nice win just now Jezza and yes you weren't seeing things, that was me in an S2 adventure :p

That league 6 player was fast, and rammed me in the 2nd race, so I'm glad he didn't prosper in the end.
#2295 Posted : Saturday, July 25, 2020 10:49:34 AM(UTC)
Good racing FN. I had the same problem as earlier in the first race but less extreme. Seemed fine in the other two races. Presume it was fine for you?

I’ve lost trust in playing online now though, so won’t be touching FFA again today. I’ve got back about 40 of the points I lost so that will have to do for now.

The League 8 I referred to earlier I think began with B so must be a different guy.
#2296 Posted : Saturday, July 25, 2020 11:03:38 AM(UTC)
It was fine for me, yes - I mean, I did have a couple of times where I struggled slightly for control but I just put that down to me not being very comfortable with S2 cars. A good example on the last race which on paper I should have won because I started 4th and you were last, but I messed up a few corners, braked late and ended up 3rd (before the other player messed up or I'd have finished 3rd too probably), that was pure unforced errors which I would almost never make at those corners at A or S1. I hope your input gremlins don't return!

Well my goal was to reach league 2 as I figure that's around my best level. Whether I could somehow grind my way to level 1 or GM, I don't know. I'm not as good as the best GM players, but maybe I don't need to be, but only need to be better than enough league 2s and below in enough races.

Anyway I think I will chance my arm at some different adventure types now, which is what I was doing with S2 before. Will probably try some dirt next. I'll still skip cross country though, for exactly the sort of reasons you described earlier!

Edited by user Saturday, July 25, 2020 11:04:34 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2297 Posted : Sunday, July 26, 2020 2:24:03 AM(UTC)
So, what could be a worse start to the day than I had yesterday? How about a 70 point loss due to a disconnection? I’d won the first two races against a tough lobby as well, so really it was more an 80 point loss.
#2298 Posted : Sunday, July 26, 2020 3:42:21 AM(UTC)
Terrible... I hope you got some points from that A class adventure we were in earlier, that was a pretty tough lobby.
#2299 Posted : Sunday, July 26, 2020 6:37:42 AM(UTC)
That was a really good race earlier FN. Sorry I think I hit you slightly on one of the straights - the Peugeot isn’t good at quick changes of direction! I got +6 for that one but then lost 10 points as I also lost to Ystroul in the next one. Have got back 23 points so far overall though, so steady progress. Still 90 points down on where I was yesterday morning though 🙁.
#2300 Posted : Sunday, July 26, 2020 7:05:02 AM(UTC)
Great driving to win that Highland Charge event FN 👏💪. Holding off Exquisitt etc was impressive. Hope it got you high enough up that lobby to get good points. I got 28 points for the win so that’s recovered quite a lot of the losses.
94 Pages<<9091929394PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error