94 Pages<<8485868788>>PrevNext
 2 users liked this post.
#2126 Posted : Friday, July 3, 2020 10:38:54 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Faulieh Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post
If it should be of interest, I've made a compilation video of some of the rammers and general bad driving I've encountered over the last few weeks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8ds_yWiwBc

Oh, I met most of those too... Some of these are even a bit higher ranked (in the orange leagues mostly)

It is sad to run into some of the players I recognise from the top echelons of the rivals leaderboards, and think that it will be nice to race against them and they are probably skilled and clean drivers, and they turn out to be aggressive ramming idiots.
 1 user liked this post.
#2127 Posted : Friday, July 3, 2020 11:16:49 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post
It is sad to run into some of the players I recognise from the top echelons of the rivals leaderboards, and think that it will be nice to race against them and they are probably skilled and clean drivers, and they turn out to be aggressive ramming idiots.

Yeah, as a lower rank player, it raly doesn't matter though - either, they won't even leave you in their dust (as it's already long gone) or they're going to ram you into oblivioin if you're catching up or giving them a fair fight.
Well, that's okay to me - I doubt, I can progress much farther than league6 using a/t. (Using m/t or even m/t+c is out of question for me - not using a wheel setup, so I'd f*** this up before even reaching the first corner. In real life i prefer my m/t though, haha)

regarding your earlier post - I'm always taking my time to file the reports, subjectively it feels like I encounter those players less often then. (Bould also be because I got a much broader spectrum for viable opponents due to the rank)
-reallife car mechanic @Mitsubishi/Mazda/Suzuki and owner of a '00 Mitsubishi Galant V6 2.5 and '96 Colt 1.8T -
#2128 Posted : Friday, July 3, 2020 11:19:50 AM(UTC)
In fairness, I’ve found most of the top guys to be pretty clean. Had some good races with Exquisitt and his guys - I think you probably just had a bad experience with them. The 1% guys I’ve come across have also been good drivers.

I would say some “ramming” is definitely caused by syncing. I managed to upset someone last week by apparently knocking them around a checkpoint. On his screen, it did indeed look like I’d deliberately steered into him. However, on my screen he definitely was not there. Indeed, by the time I got his “nice driving” comment I was about 15 seconds past the place I’d driven into him, suggesting quite a big delay. Unlikely to be the case when someone is repeatedly doing it though!
 1 user liked this post.
#2129 Posted : Friday, July 3, 2020 11:23:28 AM(UTC)
Poor Faulieh got stuck with me in about 10 consecutive adventures last weekend from memory! Welcome to the thread! 👍
 1 user liked this post.
#2130 Posted : Friday, July 3, 2020 11:27:24 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post
Poor Faulieh got stuck with me in about 10 consecutive adventures last weekend from memory! Welcome to the thread! 👍

10 consecutive and about 20 overall I assume - I barely stood a chance unless it was a freeroam rush, haha.
In all fairness, those were some proper races which did me good and I learned a few things from you ;D ♥

-reallife car mechanic @Mitsubishi/Mazda/Suzuki and owner of a '00 Mitsubishi Galant V6 2.5 and '96 Colt 1.8T -
 3 users liked this post.
#2131 Posted : Friday, July 3, 2020 11:33:49 AM(UTC)
Lol - I don’t quite understand how I’m so bad at FRR. I generally have a fair idea where I’m going but usually still manage to find the one possible tree I can hit or some random bump to roll my car.
 1 user liked this post.
#2132 Posted : Friday, July 3, 2020 12:47:41 PM(UTC)
Must have wasted 30-40 minutes in total today trying to find an adventure.

Why does it take so long in this one only? FH2 uses a similar system of searching while you aimlessly drive around in the world but that finds one within 30 seconds whenever I go back to that.
#2133 Posted : Saturday, July 4, 2020 4:39:30 AM(UTC)
In fairness, I’ve found most of the top guys to be pretty clean. Had some good races with Exquisitt and his guys - I think you probably just had a bad experience with them. The 1% guys I’ve come across have also been good drivers.

I would say some “ramming” is definitely caused by syncing. I managed to upset someone last week by apparently knocking them around a checkpoint. On his screen, it did indeed look like I’d deliberately steered into him. However, on my screen he definitely was not there. Indeed, by the time I got his “nice driving” comment I was about 15 seconds past the place I’d driven into him, suggesting quite a big delay. Unlikely to be the case when someone is repeatedly doing it though!

I haven't met the very very top people very often at all actually. The video you're talking about, I did have a bad experience with them because not only did one of their group wreck me on purpose, the rest of them clearly thought it was funny which speaks volumes. The players who are quick but play hard but fair, I respect. The players who are elitist rear-end holes, I have no time for. I'll always try to play fair in a race, but I'll treat individual racers like they treat others, and that goes both ways.

I think I know the difference between a bit of contact caused by syncing or close racing, and deliberate malicious ramming or blocking (the latter often with the intent to push you into an object or out of a checkpoint).

Here's another one from recently, this cost me a win, and the low skiller who took the corner too fast and bashed into the barrier didn't get slowed down sufficiently by the game, so his wall-riding was rewarded. Note I saw him coming and slowed down for the corner to let him go past, so we didn't make contact. Instead of reciprocating my fair play he knocks me out of a checkpoint. (I know I should have played more defensively and not overtaken him by a checkpoint because scummy play like this is not unusual.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOjm6OY49g4

The sort of contact which is 'rubbing is racing' and totally acceptable is like at the start of this recent race after the ghosting ends:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeQ-AqnbiZE
#2134 Posted : Saturday, July 4, 2020 5:39:39 AM(UTC)
Quietly moved up 140 points in 2 days. Fingers crossed for no disconnects, I'd hate to have my gains snatched from me again.
Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track

Check me out on Mixer! www.mixer.com/dareocharmer
#2135 Posted : Saturday, July 4, 2020 10:18:41 AM(UTC)
Great stuff DRC - on your way back to the top! I’ve made slow progress today, largely due to (even by my standards) producing some extremely damaging FRR results. Still, sitting at over 4600 points, so still in good shape. Frustrating though, I had a 10 point lead on a GM after three races and dropped 8 of them in the 2nd FRR. He then started on pole in the last race and I couldn’t catch him.

FN - yeah, I’m sure all of those clips you showed are deliberate ramming. Was just saying you can get the occasional one which might be accidental. The problem really is that the penalty for missing a checkpoint is so severe it only takes one rammer to ruin an entire race or even championship. Incidentally, I see the GM using speed boost is still not banned as he’s done at least one event this series - the enforcement really is a total joke.
 1 user liked this post.
#2136 Posted : Saturday, July 4, 2020 10:42:03 AM(UTC)
Really guys, if you record some speed boost, please give support a new try. Looks there is some change over there. At least, response from reporting a player was very different from usual 'transmitted to "team' . Let's give it a new try and see what happens.

Still the issue, with speed boost, is that it looks a lot like using a game glitch and until s.o. explains dev team how to reproduce it, it won't be fixed. Rule is 'dev can fix an issue only if it can be reproduced'

Edited by user Saturday, July 4, 2020 10:46:35 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#2137 Posted : Saturday, July 4, 2020 10:54:54 AM(UTC)
Tilo, I will do that if I come across such a person again. I've only seen it blatantly a couple of times. I've had little luck getting games today, I've only played two or three out of maybe a few dozen lobbies which have almost entirely been CC / dirt / S2.
#2138 Posted : Saturday, July 4, 2020 8:36:53 PM(UTC)
gg DRC! haven't run into you in a while. Btw, that other guy was a league 2 apparently.

Jezza, I found hludnh's stream! https://www.twitch.tv/hanouchi
#2139 Posted : Saturday, July 4, 2020 9:02:06 PM(UTC)
Yes it has been a while, that thing was a mess. I tried a full power build, no weight reduction, didn't go as planned. Didn't really hold the line like I hoped.

#2140 Posted : Saturday, July 4, 2020 11:17:53 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Tilo38 Go to Quoted Post
Really guys, if you record some speed boost, please give support a new try. Looks there is some change over there. At least, response from reporting a player was very different from usual 'transmitted to "team' . Let's give it a new try and see what happens.

Still the issue, with speed boost, is that it looks a lot like using a game glitch and until s.o. explains dev team how to reproduce it, it won't be fixed. Rule is 'dev can fix an issue only if it can be reproduced'

Do you mean via the in-game reporting, from gamertag profile, or forza support website?
Every train needs a caboose, right?
#2141 Posted : Saturday, July 4, 2020 11:43:48 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DaReoCharmer Go to Quoted Post
Yes it has been a while, that thing was a mess. I tried a full power build, no weight reduction, didn't go as planned. Didn't really hold the line like I hoped.

I was wondering about that car you were using. You're braver than me, using off-meta in FFA ranked. :P
#2142 Posted : Sunday, July 5, 2020 7:30:24 AM(UTC)
Hi guys, quick question for you all. I am quite new to online adventure and was wondering. If we get a winter season adventure do my cars that do have winter tyre tune automatically swap to the winter tune? I cant see anything visually to indicate that they do. Or do they have to have the winter tune loaded before hand?

Cheers :)
 1 user liked this post.
#2143 Posted : Sunday, July 5, 2020 7:39:35 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: M0rt4LC0iL Go to Quoted Post
Hi guys, quick question for you all. I am quite new to online adventure and was wondering. If we get a winter season adventure do my cars that do have winter tyre tune automatically swap to the winter tune? I cant see anything visually to indicate that they do. Or do they have to have the winter tune loaded before hand?

If you have a car with a winter tune applied then it will always have that tune - whether or not it’s summer or winter. The difference is that, if the tune has dirt tyres, the game automatically swaps them for winter tyres if its a Winter race. In short, if you have a Winter tune applied to that car then, yes, it will have that tune in place in Winter.

The difficulty is in remembering which cars have Winter tunes as the game gives you no indication of whether you have dirt/winter tyres in place (unless you happen to actually be in the winter season week when you get a snowflake icon on cars with Winter tyres). The best way I find to deal with that is to colour code the liveries for those cars with winter tunes so you can easily spot them.
#2144 Posted : Sunday, July 5, 2020 7:42:37 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: M0rt4LC0iL Go to Quoted Post

If you have a car with a winter tune applied then it will always have that tune - whether or not it’s summer or winter. The difference is that, if the tune has dirt tyres, the game automatically swaps them for winter tyres if its a Winter race. In short, if you have a Winter tune applied to that car then, yes, it will have that tune in place in Winter.

The difficulty is in remembering which cars have Winter tunes as the game gives you no indication of whether you have dirt/winter tyres in place (unless you happen to actually be in the winter season week when you get a snowflake icon on cars with Winter tyres). The best way I find to deal with that is to colour code the liveries for those cars with winter tunes so you can easily spot them.

Thanks Jezza, that clears it up nicely. Much appreciated :)

#2145 Posted : Sunday, July 5, 2020 7:45:10 AM(UTC)
You are flying this month DRC - 27/9 great going! I think I closed our personal H2H to 3-2 in your favour yesterday.

I see Mr Manager has been making similar progress all the way up to League 2 with a 29/9 record. Slightly bizarre that I don’t think we’ve raced at all - must be on at very different times!
#2146 Posted : Sunday, July 5, 2020 8:19:11 AM(UTC)
I don't think I've met Mr Manager or DRC in online ranked yet either (seen DRC in Eliminator once or twice in the past though). Could be because we're cherry picking different types of events I suppose.
 1 user liked this post.
#2147 Posted : Sunday, July 5, 2020 8:51:06 AM(UTC)
DRC only does dirt and cross country. Not sure about Mr M.

Not having a good day with rammers. Had one clown this morning who managed to put me in a tree in race 1 and well off track in race 2. Just had another who knocked me into a house in one race and then around a checkpoint in another. I’d say I probably had a large speed advantage over everyone in the field in both events but there just isn’t enough time to recover the 10+ seconds they cost you (especially as you then have to fight back through the pack and there’s bound to be another rammer somewhere in there). 4th, 2nd and 1st in the first one (2nd overall) and 7th, 1st and 6th (4th overall) in the second and 40 points wiped out.
#2148 Posted : Sunday, July 5, 2020 11:00:49 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: x Mr Manager x Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: DaReoCharmer Go to Quoted Post

I was wondering about that car you were using. You're braver than me, using off-meta in FFA ranked. :P

I actually do normally use that 911 for the S1 dirt but I wanted to try a different setup but ultimately went back to my usual. I tried that Alfa 33 and I don't like it. It's way too light, it does make it easier to maneuver but it's like driving a off-road buggy & they slow down tremendously whenever you hit anything.

#2149 Posted : Sunday, July 5, 2020 1:08:04 PM(UTC)
Unlucky Jezza, I've had the opposite of you lately - I've had a good lucky run since sliding nearly all the way back to level 4 and have gained about 50 points back of what I lost. Had a very lucky match earlier which was relatively easy but got 16 points for the win - significantly due to being lucky to start at or near the front in the first two, so I could get away with finishing 2nd in the last race.

Unluckiest was a weakish lobby with one other decent player who was level 5 but he was significantly quicker than me. I finished the adventure 2nd and felt fortunate to get +0.

Will have to see if I can get further than the 4322 I got up to as my previous best. The hardest part is getting a match.

edit - next match I had the opposite of my lucky starting places... started 12th, finished 3rd behind two fast players (I had fastest lap). Next one I won, ahead of same two players. Third was Horizon sprint, they started 2nd and 3rd, I started 10th, they were 1-2 and I finished 3rd. Was lucky to finish the adventure 2nd overall and lost one point. But so much hinges on starting positions.

Edited by user Sunday, July 5, 2020 1:52:11 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2150 Posted : Sunday, July 5, 2020 1:08:42 PM(UTC)
Ok so the strangest thing just happened, once joined online ranked adventure i got message saying controller disconnected and could not join the race whatever i tried, battery level was fine (Xbox One) took the battery out and replaced and was able to race 20 seconds down. Anyone ever seen this behaviour? All the time some guy was able to talk **** down his mic...........v strange
94 Pages<<8485868788>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error