This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
88 Pages<<8283848586>>PrevNext
#2076 Posted : Sunday, June 28, 2020 12:14:55 AM(UTC)
To be fair, it mainly seems to be that one guy who thinks ramming others off the road is fun. You can see he does the same thing to Exquisitt in the same series, despite the fact they presumably are mates. Seems the type of guy who would be easily sorted out by proper enforcement - you can bet he plays all the time and is relatively protective of his rank.

I don’t know where Hlundh streams. Just one of the other guys mentioned that they were sniping his stream - hence why it was quality. Had a search yesterday but couldn’t find anything either.
#2077 Posted : Sunday, June 28, 2020 12:47:17 AM(UTC)
I reported it to Xbox with a link to the video clip but I don't suppose they'll do anything. If a bunch of friends want to get together and ram each other consensually that's fine, but they shouldn't do it in a public lobby with strangers.
#2078 Posted : Sunday, June 28, 2020 6:51:50 AM(UTC)
Hmm, I’ve lost about 90 points in two races today. Either I’ve lost the ability to drive or I’m suffering from some sort of input lag. In both, it felt like my turns were delayed and then when I tried to correct for the fact it wasn’t turning, I oversteered instead. First time, I thought it was just an S2 car I didn’t use often in ranked (F40C) but then I’ve just had the same happen in the A class Roadster, which I’m very used to driving. That’s a lot of wins needed to get back up to League 2 😕.
 1 user liked this post.
#2079 Posted : Sunday, June 28, 2020 7:17:32 AM(UTC)
Ouch, I thought I was having a bad day to lose 31 points today... I've lost points in every match except the last one which was +0 for finishing 2nd. No problem with my playing, just lots of bad luck really (and a few more lovely rammers).

And just lost another 17 in the next match... pfft.

And another 12 in the next. Level 4 again here we come.

Just had a terrible run of last or near last place starts + tough opposition (sometimes very fast players but who are ranked a lot worse than their actual skill) + rammers = not a happy Nietzsche today 😂

Edited by user Sunday, June 28, 2020 7:57:01 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#2080 Posted : Sunday, June 28, 2020 9:50:01 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post
Just had a terrible run of last or near last place starts + tough opposition (sometimes very fast players but who are ranked a lot worse than their actual skill) + rammers = not a happy Nietzsche today 😂

I guess I laughed bit too much on this part :)
But I feel your pain. I haven't touched FFA since I lost 50? 70? points in one day. Can't remember exactly how much, because it was in season 22. I didn't even touch qualification in this month.
 1 user liked this post.
#2081 Posted : Sunday, June 28, 2020 10:41:54 AM(UTC)
Also feel the pain FN. I compounded my misery by losing a race I should have won to throw away another 17 points. Fairly sure I’m going to get a minus score for this win I’m about to have as well. Think I’m going to be 7-3 w-l so far today and yet 80 points down 😅.
#2082 Posted : Sunday, June 28, 2020 10:42:22 AM(UTC)
Well I stopped the rot with an easy win, except for a photo finish in the final race (I didn't need to win it but still wanted to anyway). A few rammers again but this time they came off second best :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4c8-WvHHYM
 1 user liked this post.
#2083 Posted : Sunday, June 28, 2020 10:45:46 AM(UTC)
Ooh I got +1. Bizarrely happy about that 😅.
#2084 Posted : Sunday, June 28, 2020 2:30:09 PM(UTC)
After my win where I got 9 points, the next game I lost ten... 'game is hard' :p
#2085 Posted : Sunday, June 28, 2020 2:48:50 PM(UTC)
Ok, I’ve recovered circa 70 points to get back to 4,501 currently. I think my only defeats since the comedy results from earlier were losing twice to DRC - fortunately only cost me a combined total of three points. Only about 20 points down from the days starting position now.
#2086 Posted : Sunday, June 28, 2020 3:04:38 PM(UTC)
Nice game just now Jezza, I got +1 point for finishing 2nd... a couple of the lower ranked players there were very good.
#2087 Posted : Sunday, June 28, 2020 3:10:08 PM(UTC)
Ditto - thought I was in trouble when you won the first one but was hoping the wet weather would help my Viper. Yeah, Kyle was very good - very nearly beat me at Ottleydale - and the guy driving the Saleen suddenly did really well at Derwent.

I am gong to start recording my starting positions at Road races though - I feel like I start right at the back in a large proportion of races!

Edited by user Sunday, June 28, 2020 3:11:43 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2088 Posted : Monday, June 29, 2020 3:22:57 AM(UTC)
Finally made it past 4,530, so the game doesn’t tell me I’m levelling down now (well at least until I have another couple of results like yesterday at least!). 88 wins for the month - so three days to get 12 more is my current target.
#2089 Posted : Monday, June 29, 2020 5:06:21 AM(UTC)
I just missed out on a 48th win because I made a big unforced error on Highland Charge in the rain in a Nova FE while I had a big lead, hit some rocks, flipped and spun... finished 5th in the race and 2nd overall. I'd won the first race, was 3rd in the second race but was rear-ended deliberately when slowing for a right turn, which by the time my Nova FE slowly turned round to go back through the checkpoint I was nearly last. Maybe I should switch to a TZ2 for street races because the Nova FE while it is faster is cumbersome to drive.

The winner of the adventure was a very bad rammer I met the other day, so it hurts even more that he got a very undeserved win.

edit - just tried a summer street adventure in the TZ2, came 2nd but badly outclassed by a Nova FE in 1st. Maybe it will work better for the wet races, or I just need to get good with the Nova (probably).

Edited by user Monday, June 29, 2020 6:51:10 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2090 Posted : Monday, June 29, 2020 7:13:48 AM(UTC)
I've had several 2nd places today behind much faster and/or higher ranked players and I've scored either zero or lost a few points each time, just because the rest of the lobby was weak.

Like someone doing 1:04 in the wet spring on Lakehurst circuit in a Nova FE which is top 1% summer rivals times. In the same car I did 1:06.5, two seconds ahead of next Nova and further ahead of everything else including TZ2s.

edit - happened again. Finished 2nd behind a very fast level 8 player and lost 11 points. I think I may take up an easier hobby like herding cats or sticking wet sellotape to the wall.

Edited by user Monday, June 29, 2020 7:40:42 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2091 Posted : Monday, June 29, 2020 7:43:16 AM(UTC)
Just to note Exquisitt is currently playing FN. You might want to put his stream on so you can see if you are going to be in the same lobby!
#2092 Posted : Monday, June 29, 2020 8:03:15 AM(UTC)
Thanks Jezza, I don't have a good way to do that really so I'll just take it as it comes. I'd probably rank up anyway even if I do badly if it's a high ranked lobby.

I just got my first win today. +2 points.

#2093 Posted : Monday, June 29, 2020 11:38:27 AM(UTC)
Just won another...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-bb8_xRq_E

That's the most points I've ever LOST for winning an adventure, and winning all the races too. Thank you Forza. Give whoever designed this a raise.
#2094 Posted : Monday, June 29, 2020 11:58:56 AM(UTC)
I really hate the TrueSkill ranking system they use. But, in regards to losing points for winning, the creators blame it on bad matchmaking. :(

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/research/project/trueskill-ranking-system/
Quote:
Note that this can only happen if the gamer is not matched correctly so that he can “prove” to the TrueSkill ranking system that his skill has not changed.

#2095 Posted : Monday, June 29, 2020 12:13:19 PM(UTC)
Think I’ll be joining you on a minus “win” result shortly FN. I’ve only got 3 competitors left in this A dirt event and none of them are ranked higher than 9.

Edit - 3 left, one race to go!

Edited by user Monday, June 29, 2020 12:15:21 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2096 Posted : Monday, June 29, 2020 12:17:03 PM(UTC)
Hopefully you get away with a zero!
 1 user liked this post.
#2097 Posted : Monday, June 29, 2020 12:46:28 PM(UTC)
Fortunately I did - nice 0 points. The level 9 must have saved me. Also, my 100th win of the month - nice for it to be such a tense and exciting match 😅.

I get the matchmaking point Mr M but, to me, that only explains getting a zero score. It doesn’t explain at all why the expected result (FN winning all three races) results in the game deciding he has got 3 points worse. It’s an obvious flaw and one you’d think should be easy to fix.

I think I’m done with FFA for this month. Will have to set some new targets for next month.
#2098 Posted : Monday, June 29, 2020 2:06:56 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post
I get the matchmaking point Mr M but, to me, that only explains getting a zero score. It doesn’t explain at all why the expected result (FN winning all three races) results in the game deciding he has got 3 points worse. It’s an obvious flaw and one you’d think should be easy to fix.

If you ask them it's not a flaw (or bug), it's a feature. 😂 I agree and I think it's a terrible ranking system. I wish they'd use something different, but it's a tool they developed so they wanna use it.

Here's the full Q&A I was referring to about losing points for winning (from the link above):

Quote:
Q: Well there must be a bug in the system because I jumped into a 4 person race with 3 lower ranked individuals, won the race and my position in the league I was in dropped about 50 spots.

A: Surprisingly, this is not a bug and it happens when players with very small σ but widely varying μ get matched together (thanks to rugdivot for figuring this out).

So, what is going on here? Between any two games of a gamer, the TrueSkill ranking system assumes that the true skill of a gamer, that is, μ, can have changed slightly either up or down; this property is what allows the ranking system to adapt to a change in the skill of a gamer. Technically, this is achieved by a small increase in the σ of each participating gamer before the game outcome is incorporated. Usually, a game outcome provides enough pieces of information to reduce this increased uncertainty. But, in a badly matched game (as the one described above) this is not the case; in this case, nothing can be learned about the winner from the game outcome (because it was already known before the game that the winner was significantly higher ranked than the other gamers he has beaten). So, conservatively speaking, the winner’s skill might have slightly decreased! Note that this can only happen if the gamer is not matched correctly so that he can “prove” to the TrueSkill ranking system that his skill has not changed.
#2099 Posted : Monday, June 29, 2020 2:34:55 PM(UTC)
Quite - which makes no sense. The wording expressly states that nothing can be learnt about the skill of the gamer, due to the bad matchmaking, but states it’s “possible” their skill has decreased (it’s equally plausible and indeed more likely that it’s increased - generally people get better with experience). In short, the explanation provided no logical basis for awarding negative points for a win. It’s a rationale for awarding no points.
#2100 Posted : Tuesday, June 30, 2020 7:47:54 AM(UTC)
I retired from eliminator last night. I will exclusively be back in ranked. It's too much of a mess to enjoy anymore.

Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track

Check me out on Mixer! www.mixer.com/dareocharmer
88 Pages<<8283848586>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error