113 Pages<<8182838485>>PrevNext
#2051 Posted : Thursday, June 25, 2020 12:07:09 PM(UTC)
Then the very next room, I finish 1st against a guy 100 points above me, +17. Just jumped back into 4200s. I quit 4 or 5 times in the last month so that was 2 or 300 points forfeited. No matter how frustrating the dirty drivers get, it's best to stay til the end
Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track.

FH4 and I have a volatile love/hate relationship 😑
 1 user liked this post.
#2052 Posted : Thursday, June 25, 2020 1:02:04 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post
I'm up to 4229, league 3 is in sight, I haven't played much today but have had mostly good luck other than the game mentioned earlier.

Great stuff FN. Am I right I’m thinking you only reached League 4 last weekend? That’s fantastic progress!

I’ve just about managed to get myself up to League 2 and currently 139th in the rankings. Obviously the game is still trying to tell me I’m League 3 though!

Edited by user Thursday, June 25, 2020 1:46:34 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2053 Posted : Thursday, June 25, 2020 2:13:24 PM(UTC)
Cheers Jezza, that's right, and yes I wonder who of us will rank up first, if indeed either of us do (I'm sure you will). I just got another 5 points for a VERY tough 2nd place in an S1 street adventure, behind a player ranked 1. The first race, a level 9 came 1st a long way ahead of both myself and the level 1 who finished 4th, and I thought uh oh... this doesn't look good. The 2nd race was incredibly tight, I started 10th and finished 2nd. And then the third turned out relatively easy. I think I need to lie down after that... lol.
 1 user liked this post.
#2054 Posted : Thursday, June 25, 2020 2:31:06 PM(UTC)
I’m counting myself as ranked up already FN! The fact the game struggles with working out that 4,500 is League 2 isn’t my issue! I suspect the next 250 points to get to League 1 will be VERY hard work (and maybe beyond my skill) so I’m going to have a rest from FFA for a day or so. Currently 73-38 W-L for the month and on a 10 adventure winning streak so I think I deserve a break!

Just checking my stats and I now have a total record in FFA of 156-227, so I’ve nearly doubled my number of wins in one month. Shows how hard it is to move though - I’m 400 points up from the start of the month, so only an average of less than 4 points per adventure (taking into account the losses).

In comparison, I have a 673-416 Team Adventure record. Probably explains why, even when I win and the points count, my ranking rarely moves much at all in that league.
#2055 Posted : Thursday, June 25, 2020 3:04:50 PM(UTC)
Congrats, that definitely counts I reckon, even if the game is slow to notice! Yes it certainly gets harder as you go on. Some of the skill I see from higher ranked players is way better than me, so if I need to get that good, I can forget it. But I'll be really pleased if I can get level 3.

edit - done it this morning with a couple of wins. 4255 although like with Jezza the game doesn't acknowledge it so I'll need to go higher if I can.

Edited by user Friday, June 26, 2020 3:02:15 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2056 Posted : Friday, June 26, 2020 5:44:22 AM(UTC)
You know I got reminded last night how I was robbed over 400 points in a single day cause of connection issues. That was how I fell from 4600 to 4200, it wasn't from quitting. That was why I left for 6 months! Never got offered any of it back either

#2057 Posted : Friday, June 26, 2020 6:21:43 AM(UTC)
Yeah it's the sword of damocles hanging over all of us isn't it. If my computer crashed, if the power went off, if the internet dropped, there goes many hours of effort through no fault of our own. It's always at the back of my mind while playing and I never totally relax until I am put back to free roam with the points banked. (Those three things are extremely rare but they can happen to anyone.)

edit - 10 more points.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CsGfheXK7g

Devs? Helloooo? 😂

Edited by user Friday, June 26, 2020 7:35:22 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2058 Posted : Friday, June 26, 2020 8:33:15 AM(UTC)
30 usually seems to be the cutoff!
#2059 Posted : Friday, June 26, 2020 10:08:37 AM(UTC)
That happened to me yesterday when I broke into League 4. I had to do an extra 3 races and ended up at 4033 before it correctly registered.
#2060 Posted : Friday, June 26, 2020 11:19:48 AM(UTC)
30 has done the trick:

Just posting that in case Jezza is interested in my win/loss ratio for FFA, as you can see most of my wins have been recently! Most of my ranked FFA play time was earlyish in the game's life, if you remember what ranked was like back then, basically the Wild West before they brought in any countermeasures like ghosting.

Also two things have changed: I have played a lot of rivals since then and learned the tracks quite well, which can give you an edge over similarly skilled players but who haven't learned them quite as well. And back then I didn't know the best cars to use, except for the Bone Shaker I did know about but I didn't have one. Oh and another big thing: I used to play every race regardless of what it was, whereas now I'm cherry picking events I'm best at and leaving the rest.

Basically I'm just using the NSX for S1, Nova FE for A unless it's summer when I might use the Roadster (even then I will still use the Nova if it includes the Colossus). Unlike what some people think, no DLC cars are needed.

(edited!)

Edited by user Friday, June 26, 2020 2:01:05 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2061 Posted : Friday, June 26, 2020 1:10:50 PM(UTC)
unless it's summer when I might use the Bone Shaker

Great stuff FN! Fantastic progress 👏. The bit I’ve quoted above though might explain a lot though 🤔😅

#2062 Posted : Friday, June 26, 2020 1:59:30 PM(UTC)
Oops I meant to say Roadster... Freudian slip 🤣
 1 user liked this post.
#2063 Posted : Friday, June 26, 2020 4:02:23 PM(UTC)
30 has done the trick:

Just posting that in case Jezza is interested in my win/loss ratio for FFA, as you can see most of my wins have been recently! Most of my ranked FFA play time was earlyish in the game's life, if you remember what ranked was like back then, basically the Wild West before they brought in any countermeasures like ghosting.

Also two things have changed: I have played a lot of rivals since then and learned the tracks quite well, which can give you an edge over similarly skilled players but who haven't learned them quite as well. And back then I didn't know the best cars to use, except for the Bone Shaker I did know about but I didn't have one. Oh and another big thing: I used to play every race regardless of what it was, whereas now I'm cherry picking events I'm best at and leaving the rest.

Basically I'm just using the NSX for S1, Nova FE for A unless it's summer when I might use the Roadster (even then I will still use the Nova if it includes the Colossus). Unlike what some people think, no DLC cars are needed.

(edited!)

Wild West is a big understatement. It was the wild WILD west before ghosting came in and freeroam was in ALL lobbies. Back then I would only do street and cross country. You have to cherry pick now or you'll never move up.

1 user liked this post.
#2064 Posted : Friday, June 26, 2020 4:28:18 PM(UTC)
Awesome stats, I would be surprised if anyone has more FFA wins than that, same as your crazy number of Eliminator wins. (I'm still disappointed there's no global leaderboard for these things.)
#2065 Posted : Friday, June 26, 2020 4:42:56 PM(UTC)
Awesome stats, I would be surprised if anyone has more FFA wins than that, same as your crazy number of Eliminator wins. (I'm still disappointed there's no global leaderboard for these things.)

It definitely needs one, I stopped playing because the rollovers happen way too often in there. It probably would have more people playing if they added a team version. Teams of 2 or 3, then ramming and blocking wouldn't be frowned upon

#2066 Posted : Saturday, June 27, 2020 4:25:33 AM(UTC)

Agree they are awesome but I suspect there will be some players with way over 1,000 wins at FFA. Avesta F1, for example, has 196 wins this month.

What is it with Cross Country coming up all the time at weekends? Six attempts to play FFA this morning - 1 A class x country and 5 S1. I only entered the A class one, which was a fairly swift wake up call with a stacked field including HLundh (who apparently was streaming). Managed to escape with a 3rd and +6 points. Winner was driving a Hummer which was extremely quick.
#2067 Posted : Saturday, June 27, 2020 5:56:42 AM(UTC)
I just had one of those where you get zero for winning... sadface

#2068 Posted : Saturday, June 27, 2020 7:58:30 AM(UTC)
I’d have definitely got minus points for that one FN 😄!

Standard is high today. Did 5 adventures earlier and didn’t win any but moved up about 15 points overall, given quality of the fields. Frustratingly, I always seem to get these higher quality fields on my least favourite courses! Horizon Circuit starting at the back of the grid against a quality field is not fun!
#2069 Posted : Saturday, June 27, 2020 8:58:55 AM(UTC)
I just had the opposite issue... found myself in one of the highest ranked lobbies I've ever been in, every player was above me. I finished 7th out of 10 and went +6. (It was 9 at the end because one player quit in the final race.) The hidden rank of the unranked player was obviously very high as well.

I might have finished a bit higher except for this in the final race... I was rammed off the road and missed a checkpoint, completely unprovoked unless anyone thinks the little bit of contact I made with him just before justified his extreme overreaction in any way. The culprit here also got into a bashing match with other players in the first race and he finished that race last as a result so I think the red mist was in full effect. Overall the skill level was not dramatically different to me, but most of the players were not shy about being highly aggressive in passing, it was bash your way to the front at all costs. A much more aggressive and unpleasant race than is the norm and I won't be sorry not to meet this crowd again!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewC2NR5L6vA

Edited by user Saturday, June 27, 2020 8:59:58 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2070 Posted : Saturday, June 27, 2020 2:14:28 PM(UTC)
Looks like everyone got disconnected but they sure used it as a opportunity to steal more rank. -55

https://i.imgur.com/82cpnKN.mp4

#2071 Posted : Saturday, June 27, 2020 3:24:56 PM(UTC)
Sorry to hear that man... I would be gutted if that happened to me.
#2072 Posted : Saturday, June 27, 2020 5:43:52 PM(UTC)
@Jezza: could you point me to Hlundh's stream? Never been able to find it.

@FullNietzsche: exquiztt streams often and it's common for his viewers to 'snipe' him. If you want more lobbies like that consider following him on twitch. Btw, this is the match you were in: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/663060855?t=1h50m31s
#2073 Posted : Saturday, June 27, 2020 5:46:02 PM(UTC)
Oh, also, the attitude on exquiztt's stream is pretty anti-meta. So if you use meta against them it should give you an advantage. Although they're all really good. I'd probably lose anyway :P

Edited by user Saturday, June 27, 2020 5:51:32 PM(UTC)  | Reason: typo

#2074 Posted : Saturday, June 27, 2020 5:58:56 PM(UTC)
Whoops, just realized you said you don't want to run into them again D: Sorry, read over your post too fast
#2075 Posted : Saturday, June 27, 2020 11:10:19 PM(UTC)
Yeah I definitely do not want to run into them again.
113 Pages<<8182838485>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error