This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
70 Pages<<6465666768>>PrevNext
 2 users liked this post.
#1626 Posted : Saturday, August 3, 2019 2:03:32 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: nght5tlkr Go to Quoted Post
Greetings all.

Player from 1st gen Forza Motorsport here.

Having only recently started Ranked Adventure, I noticed many players all using the same car in each series where at least 60% are the same and a smattering of others make up the rest of the race lobby. Is this intentional?

Another thing I've noticed is the amount of players intentionally pushing players off course or into obstacles. Is this the norm in ranked?

Welcome to FH4!

First point is related to few cars being over performing, tracktor/boneshaker/... compared to their respective class. these are not only the best cars of their class, these are literally ways more effective than the others ( just a look at the rivals will confirm it )

Second comes from FH4 is not promoting any clean racing, all that count is the finish line, thus an excellent FH4 ranked racer is also an excellent rammer. There was a tentative to lower this by penalties on hitting walls and ghosting when other player was pushing you but these improvements were reduced because it was not fun enough and poor players complained it was too difficult. To make it Krystal clear , Ranked has nothing to do best racers leader board.

Here you are, if you want acceptable/good online, you need to find a club of clean racers and use custom championships.

Edited by user Saturday, August 3, 2019 2:04:07 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1627 Posted : Saturday, August 3, 2019 10:31:47 PM(UTC)
The Problem I have with the FFA ranked is there seems to be no consistency on scoring and how you fare over the 3 - 5 races. I can end a championship in third - and go up 3 points, finish the next championship in 5th and go down 20. I'm level 12 but it seems to me that i'll be racing for an eternity to get to 11 and beyond,

and that's before you throw in rammers, and OP cars and the like. I'm not going to start on that

How does the scoring work and can it be simplified for the general ranked public to understand?

Also can we race different tracks. most championships seem to run a repeating cycle, isn't there like 30 different tracks in the game for each class to randomise from?
 1 user liked this post.
#1628 Posted : Sunday, August 4, 2019 9:03:51 AM(UTC)
They definitely need to add restrictions to ranked adventures, because the awd swaps are everythere and i'm completely tired of that, becase it's like rwd or fwd are not existing in this game.
Additionally i want tyres type restrictions, so if it's offroad or cross you need a dirt tyres, if it's road you need normal tyres without any chance to boost your start with drag tyres or anything else.
If you don't like that, just go to unranked adventures, where anybody can do what they want.
Why nobody think about it? It's a shame, because it's a fourth game, the third with adventures and still we have the same "anybody doing they want" mess.
I'm not talking about competitive side of racing, i just want the racing, the process to be more interesting and diverse, but all i can see is just awd swaps with insane downloaded tuning everythere.

Edited by user Sunday, August 4, 2019 11:05:53 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1629 Posted : Friday, August 9, 2019 7:35:28 PM(UTC)
One major thing that needs to be addressed is the points system for ranks in Ranked Team Adventure. I don't know if it's just me that's having this issue but, when winning a race I gain anywhere from 20-50 points and when I lose a race I lose around 70-100 points. I tend to finish almost every race in a high position. This system is so flawed because losing one game requires you to win anywhere from 2-5 races just to replenish the points lost from 1 race.

The point range that I said are not outliers/uncommon, I consistently get the number of points stated for winning and losing
If this makes any difference I'm currently rank 15 in Team Adventure
#1630 Posted : Saturday, August 17, 2019 4:38:04 PM(UTC)
A suggestion for online adventure mode: In the street racing championship, you could put an elimination race mode into the category. Like all other racing modes, street racing does not have a second competition mode.
it would be grossly like this: in the first minute, the race would be normal (with the initial 30 seconds ghost) for grid formation. Then every 30 seconds it would eliminate the last rider from the grid until only 1 competitor remains.

Edited by user Saturday, August 17, 2019 4:45:53 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1631 Posted : Tuesday, August 27, 2019 7:25:14 AM(UTC)
This type of behavior is the reason Ranked is so frustrating. That guy who rammed me like he always does when we're in the same room, is about to become a grandmaster. How is that fair?

https://www.trueachievem...ip.aspx?clipid=137452931

Edited by user Tuesday, August 27, 2019 7:26:55 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track

Check me out on Mixer! www.mixer.com/dareocharmer
 1 user liked this post.
#1632 Posted : Tuesday, August 27, 2019 11:50:41 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DaReoCharmer Go to Quoted Post
This type of behavior is the reason Ranked is so frustrating. That guy who rammed me like he always does when we're in the same room, is about to become a grandmaster. How is that fair?

https://www.trueachievem...ip.aspx?clipid=137452931

The amount of skill is truly impressive!
#1633 Posted : Tuesday, August 27, 2019 12:43:22 PM(UTC)
I'm gonna do my part and report him but i'm not gonna hold my breath. He even sends messages gloating when he wins this way. Its enough to yell out in anger

#1634 Posted : Tuesday, August 27, 2019 2:45:30 PM(UTC)
At some point I need to get ranked in Team Games and Drift Adventure to get that star card achievement. Anyone got a noddy guide to how to be moderately successful?
 1 user liked this post.
#1635 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2019 5:02:03 PM(UTC)
I'm gonna do my part and report him but i'm not gonna hold my breath. He even sends messages gloating when he wins this way. Its enough to yell out in anger

Such a shame what this franchise has become by 1 bad decision. "Hey let's remove any incentive to race clean." Smh. Horizon is well on the way to become the COD of racing games.
If you could go ahead and take out all the things I loved about Horizon, that would be great.
#1636 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2019 5:02:58 PM(UTC)
Check your new ranks folks!!!! I'm thrilled

Edited by user Wednesday, August 28, 2019 5:03:35 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1637 Posted : Thursday, August 29, 2019 10:47:15 PM(UTC)
I went from league 8 to league 3 so that's nice, but it doesn't look like actual scoring system changed a lot? I still win very few points if there are no higher ranked players in the adventure and only three points for second place in a race where grandmaster took first. It's like I'm being punished for being in a lobby with lower ranked players, not to mention that the game still doesn't take leavers into account when calculating how many points you win (or lose) - I don't care if they get a hefty points penalty for leaving, I want to get those points for myself since I beat them fair and square, it's like game thinks it's my fault if they left the game before adventure finished!

Baby steps I guess, it's a good progress overall but I feel like this was the last ranked update they will do for this game and so I'm concerned about it. On unrelated note, the amount of Cross Country events is still disgustingly bad and I'm tired of being shoved this class in my face in both ranked and unranked over and over and over again. Vast majority of the players doesn't like it so why am I getting it 50% of the time compared to ALL other classes and series combined?! And for the love of Forza, please add some new adventures, I'd love to race on some new tracks, I'd love to see road/street adventures with 5 races instead of only 3, I'd love to see collision-off only adventures here and there and even B Cross Country adventures (as well as B road/street ones). There are so many little things devs can do to keep the game fresh, even if they only added all of those to unranked game mode...

Edited by user Thursday, August 29, 2019 11:05:03 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1638 Posted : Friday, August 30, 2019 1:27:37 AM(UTC)
the cc have wider tracks which lowers hits, I guess they simply considered it would lower frustration of players.

The very few times I played ranked, I met only 1 level above 10 not ramming someone overtaking him on a straight line, one. I hope the update would get players to play a bit more fair play but I doubt it, FH4 is screwed. Anyway, I dusted OP cars therefore I assume I don't have competitive enough cars.
Best FH players are on custom no-collision.
#1639 Posted : Friday, August 30, 2019 2:09:06 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Tilo38 Go to Quoted Post
the cc have wider tracks which lowers hits, I guess they simply considered it would lower frustration of players.

The very few times I played ranked, I met only 1 level above 10 not ramming someone overtaking him on a straight line, one. I hope the update would get players to play a bit more fair play but I doubt it, FH4 is screwed. Anyway, I dusted OP cars therefore I assume I don't have competitive enough cars.
Best FH players are on custom no-collision.

Mostly in S900 road racing. S2 or A800 are a lot less populated and not that competitive. Given the right day/time S900 ghosted road racing is the bracket with the highest skill level - that's for sure.
I've had playlists with 4-5 top 10 Rivals players. Never seen this in ranked.
#1640 Posted : Sunday, September 1, 2019 3:17:37 AM(UTC)
I'm packing this in - so unfair and gamers who only want to smash and ram you - this needs to be fixed
 1 user liked this post.
#1641 Posted : Sunday, September 1, 2019 5:32:27 AM(UTC)
Team ranked is going to be more and more ridiculous. Confidently led last race and guess what? One player from opposite team intentionally leave session on last couple of seconds and give his team undeserved win. But what's most annoying - he was a booster with league 20 and points "penalty" for leaving was just what he need.
Generally loose adventure to 2 grandmasters and one booster (yep, there was even 2 boosters) and loose ridiculous 125 points in rank 2.

So I have 2 questions.

1. Why someone decide do not credit points for someone who leave the session?
Problem - wins not by skill on track but by intentionally "tactical" leaving the session;
My solution: return as it was before some update when opposite team still gain points for player that quit from session. At the moment players still can intentionally drive on last place, so no any new problem from this solution will be exist;

2. Why grandmasters can meet guys with lowest rank 20 in one ranked session?
Problem - existence of boosters services.
My solution: restrict maximum difference for players ranks in session (like rank 3 can't meet anyone with rank 13 or lower and vice versa) or at least do the same but only for convoys entering the session. If in case of session restriction we will increase matchmaking time, in case of convoys restrictions solution will be slightly less effective but matchmaking time will be same as now.

Also my thoughts about ranked:
1. Freeroam rush shouldn't be exist
2. Road racing, dirt racing and cross country should be separated in same way as drift adventures and playground games (i'm just tired from S1 CC);
3. Ghost mode for entire length of the race or some kind of penalty system for ramming should be introduced (similar to that in FM7);
4. Monthly rewards for rank should be more significant then they are now for more players attendance, and as a result session search time reduction and more rank balanced sessions. At least FH4 - it's racing game, and like in any racing games, some sort of competitions should be in priority and must be rewarded.
5. Minimum number of players for team ranked should be reduce. How many times i should see "11/12" followed by "Not enough players" message? Team points system will work perfectly fine with 5 vs. 5 or 5 vs. 6 players.

P.s.: i wish to see lobby system back in FH5, that exist almost in any other racing game but not in FH4.

Edited by user Sunday, September 1, 2019 2:15:33 PM(UTC)  | Reason: bugfixes

#1642 Posted : Sunday, September 1, 2019 7:00:55 AM(UTC)
Check your new ranks folks!!!! I'm thrilled

Yeah I went from 11 in team adventures to 4, and from 10 in free-for-all to 6, nearly 5. So I will get a gold baseball cap and can now die happy.
 1 user liked this post.
#1643 Posted : Sunday, September 1, 2019 11:03:43 AM(UTC)
Again Playground Games is screwing us. I finish 1st, I receive -5 points. I finish 5th I receive +6 points. For God sakes, please post the algorhytm for points allocation.
The game is full of ramers, they ram you in a wall, they go and you got cooldown. How stupid is that?
AND I BEG YOU TO REMOVE THE FREEROAM RUSH! Is the stupidiest thing ever. Please do a rank league for freeroam rush, so all who like this can show their power.
We paid for this game to play what we want,. You force us to play what you want. And don't tell me about private adventure, we want a real ranked adventure for every type of race: Street, Dirt, CrossCountry, Drift.
But is so difficult right? You must use your brain for this...
#1644 Posted : Sunday, September 1, 2019 12:57:52 PM(UTC)
is there any word if D and C class will ever be included with Adventure or Custom Adventure?? please post if you want this included. i cant be the only one that misses the low class racing. this is an Awesome game i play every day.
#1645 Posted : Sunday, September 1, 2019 8:18:07 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: THE PHAT WAFFLE Go to Quoted Post
is there any word if D and C class will ever be included with Adventure or Custom Adventure?? please post if you want this included. i cant be the only one that misses the low class racing. this is an Awesome game i play every day.

I hope they don't, it will hurt player numbers. B class is bad enough imo. If they must add it, please do so to custom adventures only.
#1646 Posted : Sunday, September 1, 2019 11:54:11 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: AceMuciferos Go to Quoted Post
Again Playground Games is screwing us. I finish 1st, I receive -5 points. I finish 5th I receive +6 points. For God sakes, please post the algorhytm for points allocation.
The game is full of ramers, they ram you in a wall, they go and you got cooldown. How stupid is that?
AND I BEG YOU TO REMOVE THE FREEROAM RUSH! Is the stupidiest thing ever. Please do a rank league for freeroam rush, so all who like this can show their power.
We paid for this game to play what we want,. You force us to play what you want. And don't tell me about private adventure, we want a real ranked adventure for every type of race: Street, Dirt, CrossCountry, Drift.
But is so difficult right? You must use your brain for this...

Negative points is something that should happen only after several failed championships so that to lower pressure on players that leads to ramming.

They had done right on update 11th with any collision resulting in penalty. When one has a collision he is less good than one not having, just normal. Since then they have heavily reduced the penalties and rammers are now back to full throttle on ramming everyone from the beginning to the end.

No later than yesterday experienced a very quick player, and expert at ramming, he was ramming everyone even though not being in the way or what, just for fun. Now that possibility to report player as been removed from Motorsport support form, it is clear they don't care about this. Sadly the only option to have a little fun is trying to find some non collision custom CS...

Free Roam rush is a type of race and should have its own championships. We asked so since the very release of the game, never got heard, they just don't care.

PG has proven they are able to build tons of features and never provide the experience players are expecting. All we can hope is another company will take the opportunity.

Edited by user Sunday, September 1, 2019 11:55:15 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#1647 Posted : Monday, September 2, 2019 4:21:02 AM(UTC)
Lately, people signing up for playground games or team races and the bouncing out at the slightest sense of losing has gotten worse. Other people are relying on you and quitting half way through screws everyone.

Additionally coming into a Forzathon and goofing around while others are trying to complete it. I suck at drifting but you can bet I’m going to give it my best less than mediocre shot because I signed on to start and finish something. I was the only one in a forzathon yesterday but I stayed in it, if for no other reason than to get better.

Peace & Love

Edited by user Monday, September 2, 2019 9:12:38 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1648 Posted : Monday, September 2, 2019 9:12:21 AM(UTC)
Yeah, I forgot about the rain. 95% of ranked races are on rain. Why the percent is not 50-50? It rains in the souls and in the hearts of the creators of this game? Are you said? Do you need a hug?
An S2 race on rain is pool. All cars are like balls.
As Tilo38 says, I hope another company will take the opportunity and make us happy.

P.S. At least make this game free. The money you charge for it is simply scum.
#1649 Posted : Monday, September 2, 2019 9:46:02 AM(UTC)
Personally I find playing ranked adventure quite enjoyable now. Is it perfect? No! But it sure is much better than what we had at launch.

I stopped playing horizon 4 about a month after the free for all update because the wall riders were still dominating the races. I came back 2 weeks ago and I can say that wall riding is completely gone and I have yet to see someone who is purposefully ramming people off the track. The most I will see is someone moving left-right to try to block me from passing on the straights or giving me a small nudge when going wide in a corner. It's not the cleanest racing, but I can't call it dirty either.

Regarding the scoring system, I find it very consistent. Basically it looks at how many people you beat with a higher rank than you and how many with a lower rank have beaten you. So if you're rank 5 and you're in a lobby where everyone is rank 1 and 2, finishing in 8th position will still grant you points (at least that's my understanding of the system). Also if you're the highest ranked player in the lobby, unless you finish first, you will lose points.

P.S. I know that it seems that the developers aren't listening to us, but they can't make big changes instantly. Making big changes in large companies always takes time because they need to be approved by the higher ups and they are often times hard to persuade. Those who worked in a big company and tried pushing changes know what I'm talking about.
#1650 Posted : Monday, September 2, 2019 10:03:40 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: THE PHAT WAFFLE Go to Quoted Post

C class lobbies were requested during one of PG's content update stream on spring. They answered that based on the numbers what they are seeing, including C-class lobbies would be very unlikely. By numbers I take that they mean what class of cars players most often play.

There are many great cars in C class though I think the real question here is, how to get players more interested about them. I think if players had option to do D or C class multiplayer they, even for a short while, that might reflect towards better experience for everyone in higher class lobbies.

Originally Posted by: PRBoss767 Go to Quoted Post
Lately, people signing up for playground games or team races and the bouncing out at the slightest sense of losing has gotten worse. Other people are relying on you and quitting half way through screws everyone.

Additionally coming into a Forzathon and goofing around while others are trying to complete it. I suck at drifting but you can bet I’m going to give it my best less than mediocre shot because I signed on to start and finish something. I was the only one in a forzathon yesterday but I stayed in it, if for no other reason than to get better.

Peace & Love

I salute you for your attitude. Just remind me what happened during a week or two ago. I rushed to Forzahon Live! event and while changing cars got stuck in session where we were only two players. The most amazing thing was that we made it trough all the events. Thankfully there was no Danger Sign event in that set, because we a bit of challenging Drift Zone already. One of my great Forza moments for sure.

I have too seen that perhaps there are sometimes more players who don't actually get involved in doing tasks. That's a shame, but in the end your take to get better on that is likely to make you player with better skillset. Myself, I'm sitting on several thousands of Forzathon points, but keep doing Live! events for fun and I found them to be nice alternative to Airstrip skill point grinding.
70 Pages<<6465666768>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error